Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
I feel like this show is taking a lot of time to get to the point, yet everything moves pretty quickly with the confession and hey we can see into the future together. It's kind of hard not to compare this to Nagi no Asukara and Ano Hana though, so that might be part of it. The whole group is kind of weird though, it feels like they took a blood pact years ago to bury a terrible secret or something.

SalemWitch said:
Yup, they do live together. I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Oh good, I thought from the first ep that they were blood siblings and was confused/grossed out when Yana talked about having feelings for Yuki.
Jul 10, 2014 10:50 AM

Nov 2013
The bike falling over was the best part of that episode.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 10, 2014 10:52 AM

Jan 2013
BW42 said:
What episode did you guys want? It was pretty self-explanatory to me? They're just a group of friends who hang out. The 'no dating' rule was put in place so as to avoid any dramas between their friendship, which happens a lot in real life.

When friends start dating internally within a larger friendship group, it can often become awkward, or some people may avoid or float away from the group. There can also be jealousy, sometimes back-stabbing, etc. That's normal social dynamics.

^that

I wasn't expecting that ''see the future'' thing, but let's see how they manage that.
Also, I like David, and that rivalry scene between him and Yuki while jogging, and Touko is cute, the way she said thanks to Yuki, or when she talking with her sister.

I found weird Yuki and Yana living together, talking about the bath... maybe they will explain that later.
Also was Saccha the one who made Touko's necklace? And she might be lesbian...
Jul 10, 2014 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
Gather round folks, grab your flame guns and shipping grenades for this romance war has started.

Not a bad episode, loved the Chopin Nocturne E flat major - Op.9 No.2, and I don't get the hate for Tsumugu 2.0, I mean he's not the most likable character but nothing he's done so far really credits any hate but then again, internet.

Hope this unravels nicely or I might rip my hair out of frustration.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 10, 2014 10:56 AM

Jun 2014
I haven't watched anything that awkward since Peep Show, at least it was on purpose in that.
Jul 10, 2014 11:07 AM

Aug 2008
DejWoSWK said:
By the way,while David(Okikuro) was lying on the sofa,the music playing was Chopin,right?
Or did I perchance mistook it?

Shaniyaz (post #11) commented on that in the first page.

This series is bizarre. :/
Jul 10, 2014 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
Didn't really like the new direction the show is taking and the characters to me are looking very one dimensional. Honestly, this episode was make or break for me in regarding to if I should continue to watch it or not.
Jul 10, 2014 11:15 AM

Sep 2013
This episode somewhat felt like Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo

I think it was better than first episode

Jul 10, 2014 11:17 AM
Jun 2014
Eh it was okay, a significant improvement from last episode, but still pretty dull. I really dislike Sachi though. Everything about her is just...annoying.
Jul 10, 2014 11:18 AM
Jul 2018
Kurini said:
DejWoSWK said:
By the way,while David(Okikuro) was lying on the sofa,the music playing was Chopin,right?
Or did I perchance mistook it?

Shaniyaz (post #11) commented on that in the first page.

This series is bizarre. :/

Damn,sorry,I did not notice.

And yes,this series seem kind of bizarre,mostly thanks to David,bringing up future sighting in quite...strange manner....but it seems that characters share similiar view.
removed-userJul 10, 2014 11:21 AM
Jul 10, 2014 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
WarrFork said:
I didn't expect the story to be that strange. I thought it would be some normal slice of life, but they can see the future now..?
Why's everyone hating on David too? I can understand why for Yukinari but Sachi's reaction was just annoying.

Cause hes like Tsumugu from Nagiasu

Jul 10, 2014 11:19 AM

Apr 2014
That was quick!! First confession in second episodes!!
And the future?? huh... This anime is getting more interesting....
Jul 10, 2014 11:22 AM

May 2009
Weird.. future through glass hmm... refractive index doing thingamajigs to the tuned ones? I'd rather they call it clairvoyance... interesting nonetheless. Very Kokoro Connect feeling here.
Hmm....

There's something alluring about Okikura. He's pretty direct, and creates an awkward moment, but that's kinda what I like about him.. The depiction is interesting. It could be seen as being forced, but I don't feel it. It works. But yes, very Tsumugu x Chisaki -ish. But I liked Tsumugu, and I like David. hehe. The quiet-but-talk-only-what-you-need-to type..

SalemWitch said:
Glasslip seems to suffer from the disappearing parent syndrome

:)))))))))
True... it feels so weird that most kids in Japan face that. That's what the anime industry is pointing at anyway, not sure about the actual figures.

Shadowwolfcat said:
Hmmmm, the ability to see the future, the desperate "I want to see the future", rails, a train... "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" anyone?... am I the only one who has the feeling that someone in this show will eventually die?

In the first place, the entire animation gives off the feeling of a flashback, of a bitter-sweet memory. ... some scenes the corners are white and sometimes we have scenes with a standstill picture.... bound to have some secret or at least metaphorical meaning.

These signs all lead me to think that this is all a memory that's being told to us....

That's really interesting. About the signs and the nostalgic look. I noticed the oddness of the frames, and now that I think about it, it feels intentionally placed to depict something. I mean, in an anime, every character and every frame is made to say something..
Yes.. TGWLTT.. this is kinda reminiscent of that too. The moment they showed that future slip, I also felt that there's a possibility someone might die here.. Or that her ability could lead up to someone's death (since she becomes(?) the train).

Let's see what happens.

I liked Toukou's 'Thank you".
Yuki and Yanagi step-siblings? It's not really incest.. but if it is on the way... hehe, I don't mind. But considering these characters, it'll be really hard for them to deal with.
_____ _ _ ______

Within pain, there is desire.

_____ _ _ ______
Jul 10, 2014 11:25 AM
Jul 2012
Well, it seems we are now well-set into the story plot design. We are getting crazy things past mere love triangles, and the special bonus of clairvoyance through glass when Okikura and Touka get together.

Right now, I think that in terms of couples, I would prefer SachixHiro and YanaxYuki, while we leave Touka(though this sounds mean) alone. I don't feel much of a spark between Okikura and Touka, and yes something COULD develop, but at the moment I don't see much. Sachi and Hiro are just obvious(if we assume all said characters are straight), whereas Yana and Yuki feels more laxed compared to Yuki and Touka. With Touka being close to them as more of a leader, and Okikura just... well being there to give the story something unique, nothing honestly special seems to come from him. He is essentially the fairy godmother of Touka that lets her see the future.(as of now)
Jul 10, 2014 11:26 AM

Oct 2012
This show goes really fast, a failed confession and they see future through glass...
I wasn't expecting this, interesting.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Jul 10, 2014 11:27 AM
Jun 2012
can someone tell me why everyone hates "David" even though they just met and i thought yukinari and yanagi were siblings or do they just live together.
Jul 10, 2014 11:29 AM

Sep 2009
Sorry, but this is first P.A. Works show I dropped. The pace and the dialogs are just bad for me.
Jul 10, 2014 11:30 AM

Dec 2013
I don't know I like David and Touka the most. I don't know everyone else are potential melodrama objects. Though i may be wrong. :D
Jul 10, 2014 11:32 AM
Jan 2014
Well there seems to be a lot of ToukoxYuki supporters here but i just want to add another possibility. What if Yuki actually likes Yanagi but will not admit it due to their sibling-like relationship which is why he confesses to Touko. I mean you have to admit twisted love dramas like this is quite common in anime like this. Although I dont exactly see ToukoxKakeru either since a common trend in this sort of series is that there would atleast be some initial attraction between the two characters which I did not really see. Take series like Nagi no Asukara, True Tears or AnoNatsu for example. So wait, would that mean Touko ends up alone? Then again I could be completely wrong here and am simply making myself look like a complete idiot and wasting everyone else's time. Well only time will tell but seriously, overly complicated series like these make me dizzy yet i still cant help but enjoy it. Oh and last but not least, even I am starting to feel slight hints of yuri coming from Sachi.
Jul 10, 2014 11:32 AM

Dec 2012
Lulexiaa said:

And HONESTLY this is all Yuki's fault! He says he liked Touko, but hes ALWAYS at Yanagi's house, he lets her touch him when he was streching!!! He brought this upon himself if he is confused on why Yanagi liked him...

They share the same house because they are siblings,perhaps. So it's nothing wrong her touching him.
Jul 10, 2014 11:53 AM
Mar 2010
This...

I don't where to start. I'm completely confused right now and there are some interesting theories on this thread but I...yeah, if they wanted this whole thing to seem like a memory, its working. Because it does feel like tidbits of memories, which is why I don't understand a lot of it...? I think..?

I'm sticking with this for now.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Jul 10, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Sorry, but this is first P.A. Works show I dropped. The pace and the dialogs are just bad for me.

I wouldn't go as far as drop it, but yeah I don't like the direction that this show is going so far... Using the power to see the future to see how their friendship works out? Really? You'd think they use the clairvoyance for a better reason...

And the typical scene in most romantic shows where the girl who likes a guy overhears the guy confessing to someone else (Yana overhearing Yuki's confession to Touko). Somehow I don't expect the anime to break out of the shell of a typical drama-ridden romance story.

The character designs are plain already, and most of them have yet to distinguish themselves so I have yet to become interested in any of them.

This first episode was way better... The second episode was a very weak follow-up. We'll see how next week goes.
Jul 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
Alot of confusion, but I still like it~
The whole future plot is interesting, but also confusing.
And I am surprised we already got a love confession in second episode, but that's great! It creates drama, and I like drama.

So far Yanagi is still my favourite, she seem to hold alot of pain inside and I have always liked those characters. She reminds me of Chisaki, who I absolutely loved.

The shipping, oh the shipping. Hiro x Sachi, but I don't know what Sachis deal is, lesbian or wut? Yanagi x Yuki, I kind of really love this ship, but from watching second PV Yanagi x Okikura they seem interesting >_>
Touko x Okikura is alright too, but I don't know if I ship them yet.

Looking forward for the next episode~
Melon
Jul 10, 2014 12:01 PM

Jun 2013
phoenixalia said:
This...

I don't where to start. I'm completely confused right now and there are some interesting theories on this thread but I...yeah, if they wanted this whole thing to seem like a memory, its working. Because it does feel like tidbits of memories, which is why I don't understand a lot of it...? I think..?

I'm sticking with this for now.

I'm with you when this show is really confusing. I wish PA works wouldn't try and leave their comfort zone and end up ruining such a beautifully animated show, but we'll see how it goes. For me that theory seems pretty far-fetched, seeing as how some of the other PA works didn't have those kind of plot twists, but we'll see if this anime takes us by by surprise or end up failing.
Jul 10, 2014 12:04 PM
Aug 2011
'we're open to dating' and 'how can I see the future?' = this really isn't going to end well

Touko is the blandest girl ever...

If I had to pick any pairing i'd go with megane girl and Hiro but I also get the feeling that she'll be the most conniving one.
I hope i'm wrong about this but it's always the quiet ones that are up to no good.

Glad the the animation is more constant compared to the stills of the first episode.
I guess it was just a stylistic choice for the first episode? Poor choice though.
Jul 10, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
touko having premonitions was hinted at in the pvs and so it wasn't that much of a surprise. what i didn't expect was for touko to be so dense. it's plain obvious that yuki liked her.

i think the show is confusing because the writer is trying to show and not tell but isn't doing the best job at it. you have to tell a little bit during the beginning of the story but glasslip just jumped right in without any sort of exposition
Jul 10, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2013
I don't really see where this is headed but I like it thus far.

I also like the little artistic references they use. Okikura listening to Chopin's Nocturne In E Flat Major, Op.9 No.2 (classical music seems to be his trigger for seeing the future I guess)
But not just that... they even showed M.C. Escher's Day and Night which I didn't expect. Though I don't really see why it is necessary for this show to use them, it is interesting regardless.
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jul 10, 2014 12:18 PM

Jan 2014
Why I have this tragedy feeling about this? Not drama, just horror.
This show is strange, and what's the deal with Sachi? She's really up to something. I don't like Touka, she's pretty shallow, I don't see possibilities of develop for her, aside of this future ability.
Speaking of which, so she needs glass to feel the future.
The writing is fine, I guess, but not relevant.. those stills at the end were unnecessary, it's already starting to get old, if it's just a way-out it will be annoying seeing them constantly.
I feel like the group will meet a bad end.
Jul 10, 2014 12:19 PM

Dec 2013
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON

WHY IS THIS ANIME SO CONFUSING
Jul 10, 2014 12:27 PM

May 2014
Good build up for both the love polygon and the metaphysical aspect they need to shoehorn in. David is much less of an ass, they must've changed the script from last week, now he's much more approachable.

Yuki is crushed, Touka got into the "it's complicated phase". Yana will be trying to seduce Yuki.
Touka will get slowly attached to David, but she'll be cheating on Yuki as well, who will be forced by Yana to cheat as well.
I really hope they drive up the drama, but not too much.

Finally that "seeing the future" aspect, please subvert it, but very carefully, don't go into melodramatic territory. And no DON'T HAVE IT FIX ANYTHING! COMPRENDE!?
Jul 10, 2014 12:28 PM

Oct 2013
Ughhh, I feel like important information was discussed with the "fragments" and "future" nonsense, but I was too bored to process any of it. It's not looking good for this show...
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
The premise is somewhat interesting, but the execution has been just TERRIBLE. Pacing, direction, dialogues, characters, really everything apart from animation. I probably will drop this in the next couple of episodes.
On another note, does anyone besides me tought it was really cheap blow from Yanagi's part to sabotage any chances Yukinari (I think that's his name) from getting togheter Touko by telling her that she liked him, when he obviously was going to confess? I mean, I get why she did it, but really, that's not the way you want to act with your friends.
Jul 10, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2011
That is how you do it Yuki. No dilly dallying in confessing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2014 12:40 PM

Dec 2012
Fuck me, I knew I should have waited for this series to end before picking it up, now I can't stop thinking about the next episode.
Jul 10, 2014 12:44 PM

Dec 2013
Nice ep, getting interesting.
Jul 10, 2014 12:48 PM
Jul 2018
Seeing the future through the glass..that sounded interesting.

Yukinari confessed his feeling to Touko wasn't that bad at all.
Jul 10, 2014 12:49 PM

Apr 2013
Inter-group romance in a P.A. Works show? Did Mari Okada secretly replace Rika Satou's scripts with her own?
Jul 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
This love triangle rectangle hurricane reminds me a lot of Nagi no Asukara like a literal cut and paste except the romance and drama escalated quickly and its only the second episode! Lets hope this anime can keep its momentum if they are going to pitch this fast ball. Glasslip like other anime from this studio looks really nice in 1080p though its almost as breathtaking as Kyoto Animation!

Jul 10, 2014 12:54 PM
Mar 2013
Shadowwolfcat said:
Hmmmm, the ability to see the future, the desperate "I want to see the future", rails, a train... "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" anyone? I don't think that there will be anything other than seeing the future here, but am I the only one who has the feeling that someone in this show will eventually die?

In the first place, the entire animation gives off the feeling of a flashback, of a bitter-sweet memory. Note that in some scenes the corners are white and sometimes we have scenes with a standstill picture. Not to mention every episode thus far has a scene with the mother and father of Touko retelling a memory from their young couple years, which is bound to have some secret or at least metaphorical meaning.

These signs all lead me to think that this is all a memory that's being told to us. Either someone will die or the group will simply split apart. Both are very likely, since Touko saw a train heading straight at her and the second idea is, well, pretty obvious since the festival at the beginning of the first episode, where the characters discuss how they won't be able to see each other.

Then again, this is only the second episode and there's no telling what might come up next.
+1
I also got feeling these 2 episodes was like some find of flashback. to tell viewer what is the reason of huge mess in later episodes.

Now I knew why Kakeru so bold.he knew the future.
Jul 10, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
Weird and kinda random with that seeing the future.
Jul 10, 2014 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
Looks like everyone loves Touko. Well at least Sacchan and that one guy, who gets all pouty when any guy talks to Touko.

Let's try to figure this out then.
Hiro likes Sacchan, Yana likes Yuki, Sacchan and Yuki both like Touko. And does Okikura like Touko? And does Touko like Okikura?

What a train wreck.
Jul 10, 2014 1:02 PM

Jul 2013
Shadowwolfcat said:
Hmmmm, the ability to see the future, the desperate "I want to see the future", rails, a train... "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" anyone? I don't think that there will be anything other than seeing the future here, but am I the only one who has the feeling that someone in this show will eventually die?

In the first place, the entire animation gives off the feeling of a flashback, of a bitter-sweet memory. Note that in some scenes the corners are white and sometimes we have scenes with a standstill picture. Not to mention every episode thus far has a scene with the mother and father of Touko retelling a memory from their young couple years, which is bound to have some secret or at least metaphorical meaning.

These signs all lead me to think that this is all a memory that's being told to us. Either someone will die or the group will simply split apart. Both are very likely, since Touko saw a train heading straight at her and the second idea is, well, pretty obvious since the festival at the beginning of the first episode, where the characters discuss how they won't be able to see each other.

Then again, this is only the second episode and there's no telling what might come up next.

i was thinking along similar lines and you summed it up well. the show does have a nostalgic quality to it. now okikura's behavior makes more sense
Jul 10, 2014 1:09 PM

Dec 2011
Sachi and Yukinari vs Kakeru! Fightoooooo!

Tall, rich and smart... meh...

Damn, Kakeru has a really nice house lol.

Lol, look at Sachi protecting her dear Touko from the monster Kakeru.

No dating allowed between the members of the group... lol...

Her voice from the future :O?

Fragments of the future? Damn, things are getting interesting.

Touko's mom clearly doesn't give a damn about her husband lol.

Open to dating... that thing again hm...

Holy crap! Yukinari went and said it! That he likes Touko!
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 10, 2014 1:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
parfaited said:

Touko is the blandest girl ever...

If I had to pick any pairing i'd go with megane girl and Hiro but I also get the feeling that she'll be the most conniving one.
I hope i'm wrong about this but it's always the quiet ones that are up to no good.

Agree on both. Touko too much of your average nice, caring, and oblivious female MC. We'll see if that changes, I guess. Probably won't though, since she's already trying to use her ability for the good of the group/Yanagi and Yuki.

Sachi on the other hand is still interesting, she goes to the hospital on a regular basis, and I'm not sure if she likes Touko or not, or is just over protective of her.

Anyways, I'm with some people that the pacing is kind of messy. It's a SoL so it's not like the plot is super important or anything, but somehow, we've got people saying that the anime is confusing. Not a really good sign considering it's only the second episode and this isn't mystery. I guess it's because Satou Rina seems to be new to this. Hope the pacing improves.
Jul 10, 2014 1:38 PM

Jun 2012
Time to buy your tickets for which ships youre boarding.

Im on the DavidXTouko, YukiXYana, and HiroXSachan.
Jul 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Apr 2011
Things are getting interesting now
Jul 10, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2013
Loving this Anime so far.
Jul 10, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2013
When he confessed i was like "Its only episode 2 and youre playing this card already ? "
Jul 10, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Nice episode. That fast confession suprised me.
Jul 10, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2013
I'm not really a fan of Yuki, because he's kind of a jerk, and I kinda ship him with Yunagi because I want her to be happy. But he still deserves some sort of answer from that Touko bitch. I understand that she was flustered an all, but still.

Oh yeah, the future. I hope she doesn't get hit by a train. ;)
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.