Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2014 2:05 PM

Apr 2013
SalemWitch said:
Ugh, I really don't like Okikura. Every scene with him feels so awkward and forced.

On the other hand, I'm really glad Yuki confessed to Touko. I hope they end up together.

Shine!
Anyway , since its early confession this anime will go in one of the 2 direction (maybe 3 but who knows?) . Either accept and face difficulties and dramas while Touko will end up with "David" /no one or just refuse because "she knows her friend loves him and she's afraid of hurting her feelings" (sounds familiar? yeah ,thats right , might be the generic answer). The 3rd route would be the boring refuse because she wants to be with everyone. If this will have the same ending as Nagi I'll give it a very low rate out of anger and later ,when I chilled out , I'll rate it properly.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 10, 2014 2:07 PM

Jan 2014
Surely is a stupid question but: how Okikura knew at his arrival Touka was seeing the future?
He had a vision before arriving?
Jul 10, 2014 2:07 PM
Mar 2013
aaaah I really want Yuki to win, he's such a cute butt. *___*

The pacing is really awkward, but I guess I'll keep watching
Jul 10, 2014 2:10 PM

Apr 2013
Zelgadis94 said:
Surely is a stupid question but: how Okikura knew at his arrival Touka was seeing the future?
He had a vision before arriving?

Probably something that was cut to fit the number of episodes or the time of the episode. Or it will be later revealed because it would be too much of a spoiler if its explained from the beginning.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 10, 2014 2:38 PM

Jan 2014
I don't know what to think about this series, this was another pretty boring episode but it definitely has the potential of turning into a decent anime.

I'll wait till a development in the series and give it a try, but if this keeps going this way, gonna drop it for sure.
Jul 10, 2014 2:39 PM

Jun 2013
this show can't have a happy ending.

I can already feel the tragedy :(
Jul 10, 2014 2:39 PM

Apr 2013
Future sight? Wasn't really expecting anything like that from this series, but maybe it'll make the story a little more interesting.
Yuki didn't waste any time confessing to Touka after they decided to allow dating in their group. The drama is already starting.
Jul 10, 2014 2:46 PM
Nov 2013
FiePhie said:
Alot of confusion, but I still like it~
The whole future plot is interesting, but also confusing.
And I am surprised we already got a love confession in second episode, but that's great! It creates drama, and I like drama.

So far Yanagi is still my favourite, she seem to hold alot of pain inside and I have always liked those characters. She reminds me of Chisaki, who I absolutely loved.

The shipping, oh the shipping. Hiro x Sachi, but I don't know what Sachis deal is, lesbian or wut? Yanagi x Yuki, I kind of really love this ship, but from watching second PV Yanagi x Okikura they seem interesting >_>
Touko x Okikura is alright too, but I don't know if I ship them yet.

Looking forward for the next episode~
Yanagi x Okikura Will it happen again? will be sad if it happens, Okikura suck.
Yanagi x Okikura will be having chance?
Jul 10, 2014 2:48 PM

Oct 2012
I was a bit apprehensive after the first episode since the pacing was weird and the show was all over the place but this episode was really good. The clairvoyance bit adds an interesting dimension to the show that I wasn't expecting and the love polygons are out in full force, and it looks like its all going to end in tragedy. We've certainly got a lot of drama to play out and I'm interested to see where they go with the future sight.
Jul 10, 2014 2:54 PM

Sep 2008
Wow! So fast!
So now I have hope Touko will reject Yukinari,
and Yanagi will confess and all will know about each other feelings,
and Yukinari will give her chance and one couple is set.

Because is sure that Touko <--> Kakeru will be canon.

I really like P.A. Works animes, but they romance are terrible and I always pissed with this all love drama in their works... -.-
Jul 10, 2014 2:56 PM

Mar 2013
Eurgh, just as bad as the first episode. Animation and artwork aside, this show is nearly unwatchable. The sound design is so bad that I'm compelled to comment on it even though its something I have never taken notice of before.
Jul 10, 2014 2:57 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Didn't expect to get a confession so fast...Yet alone Yuki doing it =o

My OTP is Kakeru x Touko so I hope she rejects him...I'll still feel bad for the guy

The animation looked cool again and this future insight thing is kinda meh but I guess it's sort of interesting to say the least
Jul 10, 2014 2:58 PM

Sep 2008
SalemWitch said:
Joanna25 said:
I always wondered about this but are Yanagi and Yuki living together?
Yup, they do live together. I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Really?
Uff... I don't like it...

First Hikari and Miuna from "Nagi..."
now step-siblings? O.o

Eh... -.-
Jul 10, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 2013
What the actual fk is going in this show? There are to many main characters to begin with. So confusing who likes who, and now you can see the future?
Jul 10, 2014 3:08 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
LittleStar said:
SalemWitch said:
Yup, they do live together. I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Really?
Uff... I don't like it...

First Hikari and Miuna from "Nagi..."
now step-siblings? O.o

Eh... -.-
I REALLY hope that this IS NOT the case....
Jul 10, 2014 3:10 PM

Aug 2010
Helloooooo NTR.
「一人殺せば犯罪者だけど、千人殺せば英雄になれる。百万人殺せば征服者だし、絶滅させれば神よ」
Jul 10, 2014 3:14 PM

May 2014
BeyondDestiny said:
Helloooooo NTR.
/me rejoices
Jul 10, 2014 3:23 PM

Nov 2012
"We don't allow dating in our group." Yeah,that won't last.

15 mins later: "We're open to dating." And that line preceded to destroy their friendships.
Jul 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2008
And so they went NagiAsu and Toki wo kakeru shoujo.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jul 10, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
Being able to see the future huh.
And the whole of banning dating was to prevent something like that from happening.
Lol they're still calling him David XD
Okikura is.. weird.
Yanagi, did she overhear the confession or not?
Doesn't seem like it at first but..
Jul 10, 2014 3:31 PM

Nov 2012
Don't get me wrong, I like Touko. Sure, she's the typical 'sweet' main character whose forehead is inscripted with the pimply braille spelling of the word 'oblivion', but she's tolerable. Still, why does Touko get to decide whether or not the group dates? Who elected Touko as leader? If they're actually a 'group', shouldn't they all sit down and discuss things like these together before letting one person declare liberation in the name of love? Creepy much? It's almost as though the anime is planning to build up Touko's bland characterization up with David's while offsetting everyone else into a frenzy of love triangles, squares, and pentagons!

Secondly, Okikura's characterization seems to be taking a page from Tsumugu's (from Nagi no Asukara) book but narrating it wrong. Tsumugu usually wasn't over the top confusing and all over the place like our 'mysterious' David is. He was clear, honest, and straightforward under the rulings of basic decorum. I understand that you can see the future and it makes you confident and all in being abrupt with some strangers you just met, addressing their 'leader' unabashedly by her first name, but tone it down will ya? I mean did you misplace your decent courtesy and forget the fact that no one else understands what you're talking about?

Apparently so, since the way this episode played out was like watching a bad parody of sci-fi with their explanations about the 'future' and their 'magical powers'. Maybe all of this would make more sense if we could hear the thoughts of the characters. It would definitely help justify some of their weird, misplaced behaviors like Sachi's over-protective attitude (please don't let her be one of those female characters who refuses to date because she'd much rather be blinded by her friend's phenomenal light of main character-ness), and the strangely close relationship between Yanagi and Yuki (which, I have to agree, it is odd that he lets her touch his legs and dote on him without considering that he just might be leading her on- unless they're in a way, related, for now, I'm guessing her or his parents took the other in as an 'adopted' child and now the parents themselves are dead so they just live together).

This slice-of-life seems to be deviating off the usual track and heading for a train wreck in my future if they keep this whole, "Ooh, we're so sci-fi and smart and complex!" gig up and perform a circus romantic drama on the sidelines. Nagi no Asukara may have had a ridiculous amount of drama and confusing doses of romance but it at least was able to add depth to its characters and meaning behind their actions through the evident conversations and remarks exchanged between the group. And there certainly wasn't any silly 'no dating!' rule incited by an oblivious female lead that everyone seems to adore- even carnivorous, chicken-assassinating, clairvoyant (hot? Yanagi said it, not me) dude from outta town. Speaking of dudes, is Hiro ever going to be shown having a life besides supporting his friends/family, liking Sachi, and fooling around in his room to the background of his sister's commentary? Hopefully in the next episode...where we can also see the entire process in which people actually focus on blowing glass.
Jul 10, 2014 3:31 PM

Sep 2008
SalemWitch said:
I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasslip

Yanagi's step brother

This could be so simple, but they need to add something like this... -.-
Why?! -.-
Jul 10, 2014 3:37 PM

May 2014
LittleStar said:
Why?! -.-
Nope, this is nowhere near the School Days level of incest, plz.
Even more alluring to a deus ex magicka ending.
Jul 10, 2014 3:42 PM

Nov 2012
LittleStar said:
SalemWitch said:
I read somewhere that they're step-siblings. I can't find the source though so take that with a grain of salt.

Maybe from here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasslip

Yanagi's step brother

Why?! -.-

Don't worry, since their parents are dead and someone (most likely) HAS to end up with someone else by the end, I'm sure their relationship- while existent- will be doomed to the onset of drama till every drop of rage and frustration has been squeezed from the the viewers' eyeballs. Then, and only then, will they finally clear up their misunderstandings and restart their 'relationship' by giving dating a shot, walking off into distant epilogue of 'doing-things-the-way-they-always-have-but-now-with-love! Totally looking forward to it.
Jul 10, 2014 3:50 PM

Oct 2013
Not sure if i like were this show is going
but its def interesting
[/quote]
Jul 10, 2014 3:51 PM

Apr 2013
VanishingKira said:
"We don't allow dating in our group." Yeah,that won't last.

15 mins later: "We're open to dating." And that line preceded to destroy their friendships.

The decision Touko made was for the sake of her friend (she did that to help her since the dating was forbbiden , that was her intention , atleast) , she wasnt aware that someone could like her.
Jul 10, 2014 4:08 PM

Aug 2009
Slowly growing to like this more and more. Its fast paced drama rather than a typical one where the main characters confess/kiss on episode 12

Why train tracks though? Everyone gunna die or summin'?
[right]

Jul 10, 2014 4:28 PM

Oct 2012
Hmm, I'm just not impressed with glasslip so far. Everything feels like a complete mess and the fact that they are trying to add supernatural elements doesn't make it any better. It also feels like they are skipping over a lot of things, and David pisses me off To no end.
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 10, 2014 4:31 PM
Jan 2014
lonelyintrovert said:
Hmm, I'm just not impressed with glasslip so far. Everything feels like a complete mess and the fact that they are trying to add supernatural elements doesn't make it any better. It also feels like they are skipping over a lot of things, and David pisses me off SO MUCH!
why does David piss you off?

I agree with everything you said, exept the David-thing.
Jul 10, 2014 4:32 PM

Aug 2013
this anime looks like it will be very little sweetheart, with a little drama maybe
lol characters who can see the future, I was curious about the 'powers' of Touko and Kakeru
I think beautiful the animation and mostly very good the soundtrack, is amazing put classical music in the anime, especially the base of the piano in this episode
so much little sweetheart that has in the anime, already had the first character confessing and also the first character rejected kkkk
I'm good expectations about this anime ..
Jul 10, 2014 4:38 PM

Feb 2013
*sigh* Love polygons..

Jul 10, 2014 4:51 PM

Oct 2012
cabacc2 said:
lonelyintrovert said:
Hmm, I'm just not impressed with glasslip so far. Everything feels like a complete mess and the fact that they are trying to add supernatural elements doesn't make it any better. It also feels like they are skipping over a lot of things, and David pisses me off SO MUCH!
why does David piss you off?

I agree with everything you said, exept the David-thing.

Well first of all, he just barges in their little group(rudely) and just tells Touko to meet him without even caring about how anyone else feels. And secondly, his character feels very unnatural and really hurts the shows flow. He feels like a 2 dimensional character whose only use is to be a plot device. I guess I shouldn't just be hating on David though. Almost all of the characters feel stereotypical and boring.
lollithJul 10, 2014 4:58 PM
Memories may fade, but that doesn't mean there isn't any point in making them.
Jul 10, 2014 4:56 PM

Sep 2013
Nobody sees the chickens' plot-wink from the Ending and this cap?
She can see the future, where a train runs over them. A ending where there are 5 chickens, 2 browns and 3 blacks. They are a group of 6, 3 with black hair and 3 with brown hair. Call me crazy but I think that MCGIRL dies in the future and that's why the Glasses Girl is angry with the MCBOY.
http://i.imgur.com/U79I0vs.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fWNRZc8.jpg
Jul 10, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
"Thanks." worlds best rejection. Yuki, you are now a member of the friend-zone club...
Love Hexagon shitstorm incoming!
Jul 10, 2014 5:12 PM

Feb 2014
I don't understand why you people don't like David, he is the most interesting character in this anime.
Jul 10, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2014
Gelatina said:
She can see the future, where a train runs over them. A ending where there are 5 chickens, 2 browns and 3 blacks. They are a group of 6, 3 with black hair and 3 with brown hair. Call me crazy but I think that MCGIRL dies in the future and that's why the Glasses Girl is angry with the MCBOY.
Notice the brown bird above them, she'll become a ghost remembering them... ugh.
Jul 10, 2014 5:16 PM

Apr 2010
Drama llama levels are on the rise.
Jul 10, 2014 5:16 PM

Dec 2009
Well, didn't expect this anime to turn into future sighting.
Jul 10, 2014 5:23 PM

May 2013
robis798 said:
I don't know I like David and Touka the most. I don't know everyone else are potential melodrama objects. Though i may be wrong. :D

Yep Okikura X Touka for me hahaha

well nice episode I can already sense the feels train coming
Tch.
Jul 10, 2014 5:28 PM

Aug 2013
Woow, PA Works wastes NO time getting the drama in. Multiple indirect confessions? Even an UPFRONT confession at just episode 2? Damn this is getting good.
Jul 10, 2014 5:31 PM

Sep 2013
T3hSource said:
Gelatina said:
Notice the brown bird above them, she'll become a ghost remembering them... ugh.

Or the brown bird represents the death.
Jul 10, 2014 5:38 PM

May 2013
Gelatina said:
T3hSource said:

What the hell, didnt noticed that but hory shit.
Tch.
Jul 10, 2014 6:14 PM
Jul 2013
What the hell, this EP was all over the place.

"Girl dreams of becoming a glass artisan" yeah right :D

Guess i'll drop this for now, felt a little too strange and it's not really going into the direction i thought it would...

But well...good thing there's enough other great stuff to watch this season :)
Jul 10, 2014 6:24 PM

Sep 2007
Leave it to the oblivious idiot girl to start stirring shit up. Why the fuck would she think Yuki was into Yanagi. There was absolutely no hint of that at all other than being siblings or relatives or whatever the fuck they are. And lolincest. Also lolSachi. Possessive much?
WasabiJul 10, 2014 6:27 PM
Jul 10, 2014 6:28 PM

Dec 2007
unexpected turn of events, i must say. but i liked it.

so this has one of those feeling like haruhi sizumiya and steins; gate where we don't understant a thing until later on.

kinda like it but it will take forever to find out with only one episode per week
Jul 10, 2014 6:43 PM
Apr 2014
The future sighting the david guy talking about is confusing.. is the future sighting supposed to be a given ability or anyone can see it as long as they focus on glass or something? and what's with the whole "that's my voice from future"? So Touko can only listen to David's future? Or is it a coincidence? And sighs... keeping a straight face like that the whole time, is David supposed to be cool?

Anyway the confession... Aww Yanagi..
Jul 10, 2014 6:44 PM

Sep 2011
What did she see in the future? I hope it's not about getting hit by a train
pew pew pew
Jul 10, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
Eh it's going okay. The confession scene with ribbon-chan watching was probably the best part. Megane chick wants to protect MC's crush but I think she just wants someone to love/love her.

The other male character is kind of annoying and David reminds me of Tsumugu from Nagi. Let's hope he stays as forward as he is and hopefully he'll show more emotion soon.

I wish it was more about glass blowing than clairvoyance but I'm not gonna make judgements on that just yet.
phantom19Jul 10, 2014 7:04 PM
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Jul 10, 2014 7:19 PM

Feb 2013
Well... at least we didn't have to wait the whole season for a love confession...

The bicycle still was too long.
Jul 10, 2014 7:29 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
joori_Strawberry said:
What did she see in the future? I hope it's not about getting hit by a train

Yeah that glimpse of the future was quite interesting the way it was shown. My first thought was also that someone's going to get hit by the train...and considering how the first glimpse of future with Okikura was about Okikura, and the voice from the second one was about Touko, I'm guessing the vision has to do with Touko as well. Well we can only guess :/ This seems kind of plausible though:

Gelatina said:
T3hSource said:

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.