(Gamer)

Aug 2009
It was alright.

Dec 16, 2009 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
It has no plot at all.
Oct 9, 2010 5:15 AM

Aug 2010
Kanon Kazahana was actually pretty great. After getting my hands on this, I'd felt a certain anxiety before I started watching, partly due to the comments here that suggest it might even slightly ruin your memory of Kanon (2006), and my thinking that might very likely turn out to be true. Not to mention the somewhat sloppy looking art.

My suspicions have proven to be incorrect. The art (and the production in general) does look dated and at first glance even horrible when compared to the 2006 version; however this seemed to have invoked a feeling of melancholy inside me that persisted throughout the anime, in a good way too. I am happy to say that if anything, my memories of beloved Ayu-chan and the rest of the characters have enhanced rather than degraded. The absolutely beautiful BGM adds to that melancholic atmosphere - it is only a touch similar to that of Kanon (2006) but it also bears a resemblance to the OST of another Key's anime, AIR. The plot here was indeed trivial but to me, it was nice to see even a few more seconds of Kanon.

I think I have finally realized what it means to be a true fan of an anime. To know when your love for it transcends the gap of time or naysayers' talk about the characters being generic, cliched plot etc. - you truly become immune to all that (even if it was proven to be true by all possible arguments). You enjoy every second of that world.

Though I got the impression the plot in the 2002 version was centered on Nayuki, this is an extension to the plot, albeit a short and uneventful one, and thus worth watching for all true fans. It would indeed have been great if the 2006 version of this existed too, but sadly it does not, you gotta take what you can get. This might even mean I'll watch the 2002 version some day, though it is unlike this OVA a presumably, lesser version of the masterpiece remake rather than extra moments with your favorite characters.
Oct 23, 2010 12:50 AM

Apr 2010
After watching the 2006 version, this feels like it could've been a part of the final episode in the remake with a few alterations.

Sure, there's some differences between the original & remake. Like Ayu not having trouble walking in the original after waking up and Makoto apparently not fully dying. But it felt like something that could be wedged in between when Ayu wakes up and when Yuuichi comes to pick her up from the hospital.
Sep 20, 2011 1:35 PM

Feb 2010
jiyuudansei said:
I think I have finally realized what it means to be a true fan of an anime. To know when your love for it transcends the gap of time or naysayers' talk about the characters being generic, cliched plot etc. - you truly become immune to all that (even if it was proven to be true by all possible arguments). You enjoy every second of that world.

love your explanation of a true fan of an anime lol
Sheepshaman.png
Aug 23, 2012 12:31 PM
Jul 2012
Episode 13 of Kanon 2002 was a springtime epilogue, so to follow it up they produced this... springtime epilogue. It really does seem like deleted scenes that could've appeared in that episode were it longer; in the case of Ayu's bit it even overlaps with what we saw of her in episode 13.
Sep 13, 2012 12:12 PM

Feb 2008
Wait, why are people watching this after Kanon 2006? Isn't this supposed to be an epilogue for the original Kanon?

Visually, it was pretty bad. The TV series was way much better. Basically they filled the gap between Ayu waking up and her meeting with Yuuichi at the end. It wasn't really necessary, especially if it looked this bad.

They didn't really add anything except for showing what other characters are doing at the end. I was hoping for something after Yuuichi and Ayu met again, and not what we got. Too bad.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Apr 26, 2013 8:13 PM

Jan 2013
Wish it took place after the final scene of Kanon.
Also wish there was a sex scene.
But, that's just me.
Nov 26, 2013 8:10 PM
Mar 2012
An enjoyable conclusion to the Kanon series. Lots of nostalgia, wish I can experience this series all over again.
Jan 27, 2021 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
jiyuudansei said:

Though I got the impression the plot in the 2002 version was centered on Nayuki, this is an extension to the plot, albeit a short and uneventful one, and thus worth watching for all true fans. It would indeed have been great if the 2006 version of this existed too, but sadly it does not, you gotta take what you can get. This might even mean I'll watch the 2002 version some day, though it is unlike this OVA a presumably, lesser version of the masterpiece remake rather than extra moments with your favorite characters.

yeah, would have been nice if there's a 2006 version of this.

well, biased because I like Makoto. :)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanon Kazahana Episode 1 Discussion

Tenshi_Light - Mar 28, 2016

5 by patkarunungan »»
Mar 9, 5:42 PM

» Who is Shiori meeting up with?

arilando - Feb 15, 2016

4 by Darkdaxter »»
Jan 9, 2023 4:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.