Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Aldnoah.Zero Season One
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2014 2:39 PM

Sep 2007
That fucking music. Kalafina, Yuki Kajiura, AND Hiroyuki Sawano!? Holy fucking shit. My god that was awesome.
WasabiJul 5, 2014 2:53 PM
Jul 5, 2014 2:44 PM

Apr 2013
pretty good first episode and a good setup for the rest of the series

HOWEVER i already see the series being rushed as hell. 12 episode does not seem enough
Jul 5, 2014 2:45 PM
Oct 2010
Aeonenleben said:
skudoops said:

Doesn't really make sense does it? What reason would they need to set this up?

To finally have a reason to start a war, maybe?
lol. The hinted pretty hard that the mars was just waiting for it.

I liked the execution of the assassination though.
Not just a sniper or a bomb but a well planned through plan.

I'm saying that there's no other power to challenge them, so why would they need to rely on an assassination attempt to start the war? They could just go ahead and do it without even batting an eye because who would they have to answer to?

DejWoSWK said:
skudoops said:

Doesn't really make sense does it? What reason would they need to set this up?

They were secure just in case that they lost,I'd say,because they were not the agressors,at least,seemingly.
It is quite similiar to Sarajevo assassination,which I mentioned in post above,in which Franz Ferdinand was killed and that was official reason for starting war,even though entire Europe was pretty much poised to jump on each other's throat.

Like I just mentioned, there is no third party in this war so there's no one to answer to. A flimsy excuse like "you were the aggressor" isn't really going to mean anything if they lost.
Jul 5, 2014 2:48 PM

Jan 2012
I'm saying that there's no other power to challenge them, so why would they need to rely on an assassination attempt to start the war? They could just go ahead and do it without even batting an eye because who would they have to answer to?

Well, maybe they need the favor of their citizens to start a war.
The princess would have been against it for sure and i guess they didn't want to start a protest movement on their homeplanet.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Jul 5, 2014 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
skudoops said:

Like I just mentioned, there is no third party in this war so there's no one to answer to. A flimsy excuse like "you were the aggressor" isn't really going to mean anything if they lost.

True enough,but if they lost,repercussions would likely be more less severe,than if they blatantly attacked first,because they could put part of the blame on the Earth inhabitants.

EDIT: Choice of words.
removed-userJul 5, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 5, 2014 2:49 PM

Sep 2007
skudoops said:
Aeonenleben said:

To finally have a reason to start a war, maybe?
lol. The hinted pretty hard that the mars was just waiting for it.

I liked the execution of the assassination though.
Not just a sniper or a bomb but a well planned through plan.

DejWoSWK said:

They were secure just in case that they lost,I'd say,because they were not the agressors,at least,seemingly.
It is quite similiar to Sarajevo assassination,which I mentioned in post above,in which Franz Ferdinand was killed and that was official reason for starting war,even though entire Europe was pretty much poised to jump on each other's throat.

It's to incite their own ranks into believing cooperation between Earth and Vers is completely out of the question. That the Terrans are nothing more than mindless beasts.
Jul 5, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
This was a freaking intense first episode, I'm looking forward to more of this!
Jul 5, 2014 2:50 PM
Jul 2018
It was a great start for the first episode.

The entire city got wiped out in the end...that was so shocked.
Jul 5, 2014 2:53 PM

Oct 2013
Promising start; very large and intriguing cast. Can't wait for next week! Also, dat music

Prediction: The princess lives!
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 5, 2014 2:54 PM
Oct 2010
Wasabi said:

It's to incite their own ranks into believing cooperation between Earth and Vers is completely out of the question. That the Terrans are nothing more than mindless beasts.

That isn't very likely, they already believe that as evident by the behaviour of everyone but the princess.
Jul 5, 2014 2:57 PM

May 2011
That fucking OST.

That fucking story with great potential (LOVED the pace of the episode).

That fucking carnage.

Best first episode of the season so far.
Jul 5, 2014 2:58 PM

Dec 2011
First episode was great.

It would be interesting if they go the "the princess is actually dead" route instead of the "nah, she's still alive" route. I kind of want to know how a writer would handle all the cliches of that route yet still keep the story moving. But I doubt it. That road's kind of hard to walk through. Only person I know of that has handled that (killing the MCs) really well is the author of Game of Thrones.
OhasumiJul 5, 2014 3:01 PM
Jul 5, 2014 2:58 PM

Feb 2009
"I wished that people all over the world would get along and live in peace!"....lol Urobuchi-sensei, you are awesome!
Jul 5, 2014 2:59 PM

May 2013
another solid first ep cant wait for more!!
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
Jul 5, 2014 3:02 PM

Sep 2007
skudoops said:
Wasabi said:

That isn't very likely, they already believe that as evident by the behaviour of everyone but the princess.

Everyone being who? The maid and evil general? There's a whole empire out there outside of the current live castles in orbit. I'm sure a kind-hearted princess has a huge following that follows her ideals. What better way to squash any doubts back home than killing their own princess?

It can also be used to demoralize Earth themselves. "Oh wut we killed the princess? Aww shiittt why we gotta be so fucked up?"
WasabiJul 5, 2014 3:05 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:02 PM

Oct 2012
Really liking this so far! Great episode.

"Why did he have to surrender, what is more in the outside world, huh, sumptuousness, freedom? Nowhere in the world are you going to find them fools! Fools!" -USSR president, Future War 198X-nen
Jul 5, 2014 3:04 PM

May 2009
xSanox said:
HOWEVER i already see the series being rushed as hell. 12 episode does not seem enough
Last I heard it will be split 2-cour. With Urobutcher writing the first three episodes and Takayama Katsuhiko the remaining 21. Don't have a source or confirmation as of yet, though.
Jul 5, 2014 3:05 PM

Sep 2013
"Hello, I'm Gen Urobuchi. I recently read these two cool novels: Foundation and 2001: A Space Odyssey."

But yeah, a decent start. My only problem would be the rushed feeling I get from this show and the MC who was all like "...ok" during the missile strike. Next Tatsuya but in small?

3/5
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
Jul 5, 2014 3:13 PM
Jul 2014
Nice opening episode. I'm intrigued to watch at the very least. An the 3D animation (Bus was a good show of that. As well as a few of the mechs. But combat in motion will tell the tale amongst the backdrops/set peices) are not to jarring just yet....Plus Good old New Orleans got wipe off the map though....Do the 37 clans have something against cajun food...

Character in the Show are mildly interesting. -Need more time with them obviously -

*Mr Slaine*

Needs to step up his game and stop being a Terran B/House dog. Hes going to have a hard time with all this of course. An will be all vengeful against his own "people" for "killing" his beloved princess.

*Inaho*

Seems to be be pretty lackluster about his current life, though not really the typical whinny kind of main character. Which is nice to see. But I'm sure actually battle/combat and seeing the devastation will kick him into gear.

*Ms. Princess*

Is surely not dead of course. Shes cute at least. Though she will be quickly disillusioned on both sides of the spectrum.

The other side characters are interesting. Especially Mr. Trauma going to nice to see his path to get out of his slump and see if he can step up to the plate and put the past behind him or will he runaway.

Inaho sister is going to be fun to watch. I like her.

--------------------------------

Though i can kind of predict the relative ending of this show (Inaho and Slaine hash it out for a few episodes amongst a bunch of other galactic political/war planing/betrayal...etc mecha plot fair and then find out the real truth behind their current situation. An then make their own decisions for the future. Also some hopefully short lived love triangle stuff with the Princess -Inaho is going to find her or something and help her... after some cold shouldering-.). I'll stay tuned never the less.

Overall: 3.5/5

Waiting for Terror of Resonance way more then this though. Wished that was more hyped then this....
Samauri55ZeRoJul 5, 2014 3:24 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:14 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit that episode was good. HOLY SHIT

The OST is so good, along with the quality of animation

No OP though, which was a pity.

The storyline seems pretty legit. The princess probably didn't die.
Jul 5, 2014 3:15 PM

Jan 2014
I liked Inaho's "Let's get out of here... There's a missile coming" in a flat voice. Made me giggle. Not to much mech action (They showed what were probably training-model mechs and some immobile mech), next episode will most likely contain much more mech. Between this and Argevollen, my Summer season mech quota is filled

Apr 2009
Knight_Artorias said:
"Hello, I'm Gen Urobuchi. I recently read these two cool novels: Foundation and 2001: A Space Odyssey."

But yeah, a decent start. My only problem would be the rushed feeling I get from this show and the MC who was all like "...ok" during the missile strike. Next Tatsuya but in small?

3/5

I agree, this was a somewhat decent start, but I already see plenty of things that could twist this baby in a very bad direction. And Urobutcher, stop with the quotes and the German allusions.
Steel Ball Run anime when?

Apr 2014
I had a lot of expectation for this one, and it gave me even more. Extremely excited for what's coming
Jul 5, 2014 3:16 PM
Jul 2014
Hameyadea said:
I liked Inaho's "Let's get out of here... There's a missile coming" in a flat voice. Made me giggle. Not to much mech action (They showed what were probably training-model mechs and some immobile mech), next episode will most likely contain much more mech. Between this and Argevollen, my Summer season mech quota is filled

Hes so disinterested lol
Jul 5, 2014 3:16 PM

Jul 2010
Enjoyed it pretty much. I liked how the build up of the massacre was made, I was already thinking stuff like "Oh no Gen what are you going to do again, jeez". And the comment on the missile was quite hilarious.

Aside that, I heard two or three tracks of Sawano so far and they seems very good, I'm looking forward to the album.

The princess is already dead 01/1032.
Jul 5, 2014 3:17 PM
Oct 2010
Wasabi said:
skudoops said:

Everyone being who? The maid and evil general? There's a whole empire out there outside of the current live castles in orbit. I'm sure a kind-hearted princess has a huge following that follows her ideals. What better way to squash any doubts back home than killing their own princess?

I'm referring to the maid, the lord and the other lord he was talking to. Not to mention they were fighting up until 15 years ago (opinions don't change that quickly), and it's highly implied by both the Lord the "evil general" was talking to as well as Marito that they (the clans) were just itching for a battle. I believe Marito says "they were fighting a war these past 15 years, a war to live to fight another day" and the other general was self explanatory.

But let's say for a moment that the emperor actually does want co-operation like the princess (I highly doubt his but w/e, cause they were STILL at war before this incident), I still see no reason for them to assassinate their princess just to change his mind just to fight.
Jul 5, 2014 3:19 PM
Jul 2012
forgiuse said:
Epic. Freaking Epic. I literally got goosebump the moment New Orleans got destroyed. The Martians look nifty as fuck, 15 Aces, 15 Ace custom mech. And our heroes ? Mook mechas. And that's the reason why it's gonna be epic ! Fuck Argevollen, Aldnoah.Zero for Best Mecha this Season, maybe even Best Anime of the Season.
Oh, by the way, Inaho's poker face > Tatsuya's poker face.
"A missile is coming".
About the princess, i think she's a body double ? It's not like the Butcher will kill her off in the very 1st ep, right ?

nah, its obvious shes just hiding under some rubble, saving some terran kids from the missiles, right?

also, while those missiles were inbound, i was thinking"please dont have the missile go through/hit her right in front of them" (meaning the friend on the bridge) what of the other girl, id assume shed be helping with security detail as well if she wasnt with the other 3 guys
Jul 5, 2014 3:19 PM

Mar 2012
This was my most anticipated anime of the season (alongside Zankyou No Terror) and it hasn't disappointed me. I will admit that I was disappointed with the CGI mechas but it worked really well on the (what I'm guessing was some sort of) nuke scene. The animation however was amazing.

The OST is amazing but I was expecting it to be considering Sawano was working on it. This is going to be a pretty intense anime.

I'm disappointed that its not a 24 episode anime so the only way this anime could disappoint me is how the rest of the story plays out and how pacing is executed. I can't see them finishing the story in 12 episodes but depending on how it has been planned to proceed could have caused it to be dragged out. Hopefully, if it doesn't get a shit ending they'll create a second season.

I highly doubt the princess is dead. I'm expecting several character deaths.
Jul 5, 2014 3:20 PM
Jul 2014
skudoops said:
Wasabi said:

I'm referring to the maid, the lord and the other lord he was talking to. Not to mention they were fighting up until 15 years ago (opinions don't change that quickly), and it's highly implied by both the Lord the "evil general" was talking to as well as Marito that they (the clans) were just itching for a battle. I believe Marito says "they were fighting a war these past 15 years, a war to live to fight another day" and the other general was self explanatory.

But let's say for a moment that the emperor actually does want co-operation like the princess (I highly doubt his but w/e, cause they were STILL at war before this incident), I still see no reason for them to assassinate their princess just to change his mind just to fight.

To them its a good way to get the fighting starting again and that seems to be working....

Yukon said:
This was my most anticipated anime of the season (alongside Zankyou No Terror) and it hasn't disappointed me. I will admit that I was disappointed with the CGI mechas but it worked really well on the (what I'm guessing was some sort of) nuke scene. The animation however was amazing.

The OST is amazing but I was expecting it to be considering Sawano was working on it. This is going to be a pretty intense anime.

I'm disappointed that its not a 24 episode anime so the only way this anime could disappoint me is how the rest of the story plays out and how pacing is executed. I can't see them finishing the story in 12 episodes but depending on how it has been planned to proceed could have caused it to be dragged out. Hopefully, if it doesn't get a shit ending they'll create a second season.

I highly doubt the princess is dead. I'm expecting several character deaths.

They are splitting the show into two seasons for some reason....12 for 12. What is happening to the 24 episode anime series? it sucks.
Jul 5, 2014 3:21 PM
Oct 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
Knight_Artorias said:

3/5

I agree, this was a somewhat decent start, but I already see plenty of things that could twist this baby in a very bad direction. And Urobutcher, stop with the quotes and the German allusions.

Same, I actually hope the fact that the clans have no chain of command and are rivals is explored further. They can get a very nice political slant out of that.
Jul 5, 2014 3:25 PM

May 2009
Solid start. I know Urobuchi likes to be devious with planting numerous death flags, but this was TOO obvious. We're probably being trolled.

I'm gonna be in the "princess is still alive" camp pending what happens next episode.
Jul 5, 2014 3:26 PM

Mar 2013
Well that was interesting. The premise is much, much more interesting than the plot summaries let on. More factions, more deviousness, more intrigue, more super advanced alien technology, etc.The artwork is good enough to make me regret watching it in 480p and Hiroyuki Sawano is still awesome.

Too bad the terrorist attack was kinda lame. It had visual flair, but I was hoping for a bit more cleverness, since it was nothing but missile spam.
Jul 5, 2014 3:30 PM
Oct 2010
Samauri55ZeRo said:
To them its a good way to get the fighting starting again and that seems to be working....

Yeah but given the overall context I find that very hard to believe. Firstly they were still at war and secondly why would they need a trigger to start fighting? I will say this, before I firmly come to a conclusion I need to know how the emperor feels about humanity.

Something that struck me as odd was that only 17 of the castles went down, which suggests they hadn't actually received an order to attack but did so themselves. The whole setup points toward the clans killing the princess (or specifically Saazbaum and the other clans, because if all the clans were in on it I don't know why they would be trying to convince the princess NOT to go on Earth) but it just seems way too obvious to me.
Jul 5, 2014 3:30 PM

Apr 2012
feel like this whole ep was a tease 4 the nxt ep
Jul 5, 2014 3:40 PM

Feb 2014
It was OK I guess. A bit boring first half but second was alright. MC seems interesting.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Jul 5, 2014 3:41 PM

Nov 2012
Bull,the Princess got killed.Guarantee the Knights planned it.She was probably saved by Slaine's pendant (most likely) or just her god powers they talked about.

Why did the ships land in 2005,when the princess didn't die till 2015?

Lol'd @ the kid's wish.World Peace ha,yeah not happening.

OP/OST was amazing.

Really glad this 24 episodes long,kinda sucks it's split cour but ohh well all good as long as it's not 1 cour.

Edit: Forgot to mention,this kinda reminds me of Valvrave
VanishingKiraJul 5, 2014 3:52 PM
Jul 5, 2014 3:44 PM
Jul 2014
skudoops said:
Samauri55ZeRo said:

Yeah but given the overall context I find that very hard to believe. Firstly they were still at war and secondly why would they need a trigger to start fighting? I will say this, before I firmly come to a conclusion I need to know how the emperor feels about humanity.

Something that struck me as odd was that only 17 of the castles went down, which suggests they hadn't actually received an order to attack but did so themselves. The whole setup points toward the clans killing the princess (or specifically Saazbaum and the other clans, because if all the clans were in on it I don't know why they would be trying to convince the princess NOT to go on Earth) but it just seems way too obvious to me.

Yeah its pretty plain in sight. But i mean why would those terrorist or those two guys in the car set this up or do it now? (other then for the reason of the peace ambassador coming down) . I mean do they not know the amount of fire power that will be rained down upon the earth. If something happens. It would be plain retarded to want to start a war now, unless earth has a powerful weapon at their disposal comparable to the Clans forces.

But yeah i agree that not all the clans are on aboard with this and I'm sure a select few put this in motion in secret. Never the less. There is going to be some loop hole jumping coming soon in relation to how and why they are doing this now an at the cost of what....Though frankly speaking the Martians have the upper hand. But of course Cruhteo will get to the bottom of it at some point.

But hopefully if its obvious to us , then it should be oblivious for the characters in the show. If not then this show thinks were stupid..
Jul 5, 2014 3:46 PM

May 2009
VanishingKira said:
Why did the ships land in 2005,when the princess didn't die till 2015?
That was the time, not the year. 20:05.
Jul 5, 2014 3:46 PM
Mar 2013
Wow. That was a straight up massacre. This will be a nice anime.
Jul 5, 2014 3:48 PM

Apr 2012
okay 1st episode. lots and lots of explosions o_O

Jul 5, 2014 3:50 PM

Sep 2012
If the Princess is alive, I think we can expect to have a good chance of having her hopes and ideals crushed by the end of the series.
So long as you yourself enjoy it, what does the thoughts of others matter to you?
Jul 5, 2014 3:52 PM

Jul 2010
The princess's death :O All those missiles T.T
A war between Earth and Mars! With all those things landing on Earth.
This is going to be a grand one! That music! Wonder how UE would be able to fight against Vers's advanced technology.
Slaine should be an interesting character!
Jul 5, 2014 3:54 PM

May 2011
stAtic91 said:
xSanox said:
Last I heard it will be split 2-cour. With Urobutcher writing the first three episodes and Takayama Katsuhiko the remaining 21. Don't have a source or confirmation as of yet, though.

It's confirmed split-cour.
Jul 5, 2014 3:55 PM
Dec 2012
Is it Evangelion? I thought it is, it's that good.
Jul 5, 2014 4:01 PM

Feb 2012
skudoops said:

It's only the beginning, usually Mêlée à Trois doesn't start until half way or the end. I'm hoping it goes old-school and doesn't do it at all.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Jul 5, 2014 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
Portality said:
If the Princess is alive, I think we can expect to have a good chance of having her hopes and ideals crushed by the end of the series.

Will be more interesting when she finds out that it was her own people that tried to kill her, so they could have a reason to invade Earth.

If she's still alive.
Jul 5, 2014 4:03 PM

Feb 2013
Solid first episode, the soundtrack is sounding amazing just as I expected.
Jul 5, 2014 4:07 PM

Jul 2010
Poor idealistic princesses.

That soundtrack when the explosion happened in Tokyo was pretty epic. Gave me AoT feels.
I really, really hope this won't be another nonsensical, flashy mecha anime.
It's going in an okay direction, so I hope it continues like this.
Jul 5, 2014 4:22 PM

Nov 2013
Hahahahaha Urobuchi does it again, typical XD
Well, the episode wasn't really anything special but it was certainly interesting. It seems to be repeating the same idea from
But this time with more focus on conflicts and fighting I'm assuming.

4/5
Pages (13) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2014

2123 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 9:01 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2014

319 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 1:22 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2014

474 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:50 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

837 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 24, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Aldnoah.Zero Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 23, 2014

715 by Softhenic03 »»
Apr 23, 2:10 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.