Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2014 7:10 PM

Jul 2013
*spoilers*
I loved this movie and the gintama series but i was just wondering at the end of the movie when they all disappear do they all return to their original timelines or do they get erased completely ?
Jul 5, 2014 10:21 AM
May 2013
well the reason they disappeared was because they came from the future that gintoki saved by killing his past self, so since they were able to kill the Emmi without getting the white curse/virus/plague and without gintoki sacrificing himself. they would have had to be erased completely because their future never existed. basically the original timeline is diverged to a timeline were the white curse/virus/whatever you call it, does not exist and gintoki lives. so yes they do in a way return to their "original" timeline. but the all of the events of the movie just never happened.

i learned most of this from steins gate.
Jul 6, 2014 12:01 AM

Jul 2013
navi007 said:
well the reason they disappeared was because they came from the future that gintoki saved by killing his past self, so since they were able to kill the Emmi without getting the white curse/virus/plague and without gintoki sacrificing himself. they would have had to be erased completely because their future never existed. basically the original timeline is diverged to a timeline were the white curse/virus/whatever you call it, does not exist and gintoki lives. so yes they do in a way return to their "original" timeline. but the all of the events of the movie just never happened.

Ok sweet, thanks for answering it helped. I always get confused when it comes to time traveling haha
Jul 8, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2013
navi007 said:

Their original time-line would be the one in which Gin carries the white plague. As soon as he kills himself in the Joi wars, a second time line is created in the moments when Shinpachi and Kagura are crying in the former Yorozuya. In this second time-line, Tama shows them the "feelings" that Gin asked her to be passed, that way, the Kabuki District, generally speaking, comes to the past and change it so Gin doesn't kill himself and neither gets the plague, creating as it is a 3rd time line, where Gin lives and the plague does not exist - which will be the one the anime will cover if it continues. THAT's one theory. The other would be similar as in Steins;Gate [Spoilers ahead if you, who are reading, haven't watched it yet] where Okarin changes the past without changing his memories, when Kurisu did and did not died. However, this one is less-likely because during the wars, the White Demon sees his future self, having his memories differ from the original time line.

Well, I'm only starting to feel amused by this time-travel thing so correct me if I'm wrong, or come up with counter theories. It's always good to notice a flaw in the theories you make
Jul 8, 2014 12:54 AM

Jul 2013
IamOniiChan said:
navi007 said:

Their original time-line would be the one in which Gin carries the white plague. As soon as he kills himself in the Joi wars, a second time line is created in the moments when Shinpachi and Kagura are crying in the former Yorozuya. In this second time-line, Tama shows them the "feelings" that Gin asked her to be passed, that way, the Kabuki District, generally speaking, comes to the past and change it so Gin doesn't kill himself and neither gets the plague, creating as it is a 3rd time line, where Gin lives and the plague does not exist - which will be the one the anime will cover if it continues. THAT's one theory. The other would be similar as in Steins;Gate [Spoilers ahead if you, who are reading, haven't watched it yet] where Okarin changes the past without changing his memories, when Kurisu did and did not died. However, this one is less-likely because during the wars, the White Demon sees his future self, having his memories differ from the original time line.

Well, I'm only starting to feel amused by this time-travel thing so correct me if I'm wrong, or come up with counter theories. It's always good to notice a flaw in the theories you make

thanks for the detailed explanation

so do you agree that with the other person who gave an answer that the gintoki and friends who went back in time and faded away got completely erased?
Jul 8, 2014 8:59 PM
May 2013
the possibility of 3 major separate timelines(white plague existing, not existing with gin not existing and not existing with gin existing) is true, although the multiple timeline theory would only work if the timelines are diverged with every action people take. in a one way timeline (straight line forward) it would make sense for them to disappear since their future changed and they are no longer part of it. in this case it is hard to say since in both of the possibilities (multiple timelines, one timeline) their past selves are also there, so them not being erased would just be an irregularity, and since they could not have returned to their own future since it had been altered(and since tama threw away the time machine) i would say that gintama follows a straight line timeline, since they probably would have not disappeared if their timeline just separated itself from the original and became an alternative timeline. but then again, their past selves are still there so it would just be a paradox.

this is just my theory, so please correct me if there are any contradictions, it's been a while since i last watched steins;gate so my time travel knowledge might be getting rusty.
3h73houqjJul 9, 2014 2:23 PM
Jul 9, 2014 2:26 AM

Jul 2013
navi007 said:
the possibility of 3 major separate timelines(white plague existing, not existing and not existing with gin also not existing) is true, although the multiple timeline theory would only work if the timelines are diverged with every action people take. in a one way timeline (straight line forward) it would make sense for them to disappear since their future changed and they are no longer part of it. in this case it is hard to say since in both of the possibilities (multiple timelines, one timeline) their past selves are also there, so them not being erased would just be an irregularity, and since they could not have returned to their own future since it had been altered(and since tama threw away the time machine) i would say that gintama follows a straight line timeline, since they probably would have not disappeared if their timeline just separated itself from the original and became an alternative timeline. but then again, their past selves are still there so it would just be a paradox.

this is just my theory, so please correct me if there are any contradictions, it's been a while since i last watched steins;gate so my time travel knowledge might be getting rusty.

Thanks for that, well its confusing haha but i think i have a rough idea now
Jul 29, 2014 8:44 PM
Dec 2012
Late response, but it doesn't follow a multiverse theory. This is evident from the scene where things begin changing around future Shinpachi/Kagura. So, instead of simply moving to a different timeline, he has permanently altered the course of history by beating the Emni without his past self being scarred or cut in any way.

In other words, there's one timeline and it has been changed three times.
Jul 29, 2014 10:38 PM

Jul 2013
AuronPond said:
Late response, but it doesn't follow a multiverse theory. This is evident from the scene where things begin changing around future Shinpachi/Kagura. So, instead of simply moving to a different timeline, he has permanently altered the course of history by beating the Emni without his past self being scarred or cut in any way.

In other words, there's one timeline and it has been changed three times.

so what do you think happens to all the characters when they disappear ? like get deleted and start again or?
Aug 15, 2014 4:25 AM

Jul 2013
navi007 said:
Josh15 said:

so what do you think happens to all the characters when they disappear ? like get deleted and start again or?

i agree, steins;gate rules don't apply here so the whole parallel universe thing does not apply and it just makes things extra confusing. as for the characters, i would say that they do disappear since they were fading as the movie was ending. also their memories might have also been erased, but im not too sure of that. maybe if Gintama gets a continuation we might find out more. so in conclusion, everything is the same as it was before with the exception of the white virus existing. i think they restart

yea i think so too, jeez time travel animes always hurt my head
Feb 22, 2017 6:03 AM

Feb 2017
i see that anime movie and would ask what are the Emmis
Beast Demons? or some other word

Emmi exist a japanese name for them?

Appear this guys in Manga/Anmime?
I open on DeviantArt a small and unknow Grimgar group, if you have any ideas to make that group better or want to Join http://da-grimgar.deviantart.com/

If you are a artist i love kickass and had alot ideas
Feb 24, 2017 3:08 AM

Oct 2016
KeIIion said:
i see that anime movie and would ask what are the Emmis
Beast Demons? or some other word

Emmi exist a japanese name for them?

Appear this guys in Manga/Anmime?

This entire movie is not canon and not part of the manga.

Not sure if this is the japanese word but Enmi, 魘魅, or Blight, are basically containers for nano-machine viruses, which is explained in the movie.
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Jun 2020
Josh15 said:
*spoilers*
I loved this movie and the gintama series but i was just wondering at the end of the movie when they all disappear do they all return to their original timelines or do they get erased completely ?

After the credits there is a special sequence, watch it.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

myth720 - Jul 6, 2013

418 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

30 by Volt10 »»
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Little question about the whole destruction thing...

Seadd - Jan 6, 2020

1 by SAMR030 »»
Jan 2, 2021 8:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.