Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 4, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2008
The derp level was quite high for a first episode.
They actually forgot to draw in the earmuffs in the shooting scene for one part.
Also the derpy faces in the class room.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Jul 4, 2014 5:05 PM
Apr 2010
nah, this anime lost me at the balloon scene.
Jul 4, 2014 5:05 PM

Dec 2008
Just one episode in and I already want to slap the redhead until she passes out.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 4, 2014 5:48 PM

May 2013
Dat obviously was a big plot, the op for me is awesome :)
I'm ok with the fanservice but I wish they focus more on other aspects of the anime
Hope the MC's not a dense idiot lame weakshit
Tch.
Jul 4, 2014 5:53 PM

Jan 2010
That episode was mediocre. There was nothing to grab your attention, characters were generic cookie cutters, and I don't believe there was anything that resembled a plot (which can be forgiven since it was an exposition of the alternate reality). Hopefully it ramps up.
Jul 4, 2014 5:59 PM

Jun 2014
Loved it. I must have shit taste, but this is my favorite of the season so far.

10/10
Jul 4, 2014 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
What can I say...I liked it
Jul 4, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
I liked the fluidity and quality of the animation, especially in the fight scene on the platform.
Jul 4, 2014 6:37 PM

Dec 2013
I'm watching Rail Wars! for the trains, boing boing

NeraizelJul 4, 2014 6:42 PM
Jul 4, 2014 6:47 PM

Mar 2012
I`m kind of disappointed on myself for expecting something from this.
The END song was nice tough.
I`ll give it 1 more episode because of the setting, maybe it`s funnier see them working?
Well, this episode seems worthless, if they started with everyone meeting themselfs at the work would be better.
Jul 4, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2011
VanishingKira said:
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great
She kinda looks like Super Sonico (except without the headphones).

So this is going to be kinda like Baccano except with subpar action,no intriguing storyline and tits...okay then.

Anyone else go "chu-ka chu-ka chu-ka chu-ka chu-ka chu-ka CHOO! CHOO!" mimicking train noises to that gif?

no? just me? ok.
Jul 4, 2014 7:20 PM

Apr 2012
I am not sure what to think but I will give it another episode ^^
Jul 4, 2014 7:22 PM

Mar 2013
Hum, not sure what to think of it.

Lets see where it goes from here.
Jul 4, 2014 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
Based on the first ep, I like it so far. It seems average/middle-tier for me. Good enough that I like it normally!
Jul 4, 2014 7:32 PM

Apr 2011
ex_necross said:
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

This post has single-handedly convinced me not to watch even one episode of this show. What garbage.

Garbage meaning your comment? Out of this entire 1st epd I have seen 2 parts that are dedicated to pure male fan service. Are you really gonna let a gif decide if you are gonna watch a show,? Stupid logic, I have never understood why most of the users here on MAL act like this. I forgot, most of the users on here are from /a/, or are apart of the mainstream.

HungLikeaZombieJul 4, 2014 7:49 PM
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 4, 2014 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
HungLikeaZombie said:
ex_necross said:

This post has single-handedly convinced me not to watch even one episode of this show. What garbage.

Garbage meaning your comment? Out of this entire 1st epd I have seen 2 parts that are dedicated to pure male fan service. Are you really gonna let a gif decide if you are gonna watch a show,? Stupid logic, I have never understood why most of the users here on MAL act like this. I forgot, most of the users on here are from /a/, or are apart of the mainstream.

People just hate when there is good plot.
Jul 4, 2014 8:12 PM

Apr 2010
Nice ED, nice action, not bad.

Jul 4, 2014 9:21 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fun show. I loved trains as a child, so seeing an anime about trains really intrigues me. I was entertained.

Also, OP and ED are great.
takkun_Jul 10, 2014 3:36 PM
Jul 4, 2014 10:37 PM
Jan 2010
Now that we've weeded out those who are allergic to clichés, let's get this show on the road!

Well, the series is definitely up there when it comes to train CGI, and this focus was very fitting for an anime about trains. Now all that remains is the consistency issues in the rest of the series, which I will no longer mention. Hopefully, Passione steps up their game on the series, since they seemed to have stumbled on a first episode.

I have to scratch my head at those who think that Naoto was a wimp and Haruka was useless. To recall, it was Naoto who thought of the "combustion efficiency" thing during their steam locomotive exam, which allowed the four to pass with flying colors, and it was Haruka's almost photographic memory that allowed the four to track down the snatchers to the next station.

And lol at another Haruka having large breasts after Sakura Trick. (There's a Takayama too, heh.)
Jul 4, 2014 10:38 PM

Dec 2013
There's an anime for everything!
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) fine booty
Jul 4, 2014 10:57 PM

Jan 2008
Wasn't great but had its moments. Liked the ending theme though not really expecting much from this show... other than train themed doujinshis.
Jul 4, 2014 10:57 PM
Mar 2014
ForumLurker said:
There's an anime for everything!

Haha I Know Right pretty interesting anime tho. Railroads hmmm
Jul 4, 2014 11:04 PM

Sep 2007
Prettying interesting premise. Gotta pander to a new demographic sooner or later. Too bad the animation is kinda shit. Lol at femnazi Sakurai.
Jul 4, 2014 11:09 PM

Aug 2011
The boob physics is strong in this episode.
Jul 5, 2014 12:09 AM

Oct 2013
When I heard the OP I was like, O.O HOLY FUCK THIS IS AWESOME!
And I have never seen an Anime this specific about trains so I kept watching and it was pretty entertaining at times. I don't really mind the fanservice though. The ED was a pretty catchy one! I really liked the first episode and I'm patiently waiting for episode 2 now.
Jul 5, 2014 1:32 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
I liked the train infodumps, I thought it was quite interesting. Reminded me of that one episode in Miracle Train about the Mr. Train guy. I also learned some stuff about trains in Japan ^^ But remembering the information on the other hand is a different story.

Hmm, like other people said though, the characters are quite forgettable and aren't anything special yet. It's only the first episode of course, but hopefully I won't feel indifferent about all of them as I continue watching. Sakurai's physical abilities sure are crazy...wasn't expecting her to jump so high to be able to get that balloon for the little boy in the beginning, or the way she jumped over that entrance counter thing. Just nitpicking. I still enjoyed the episode though, minus fan service, but I mean it's pretty much to be expected out of most anime to have at least a few fan service scenes. As long as they keep it minimal, I think it won't be a problem for me.
Jul 5, 2014 1:40 AM

Aug 2013
Quite some amount of cliches here and there, still it was enjoyable.
nice action too.
Jul 5, 2014 2:00 AM

Feb 2008
Pretty good beginning episode... although I am mind boggled by how Iwaizumi's lunchbox disappeared so quickly when the teacher was speaking :OO
Jul 5, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2013
That was pretty good
Nice animation and interesting plot
I likes train, yeah so this might be for me
Jul 5, 2014 2:43 AM

Apr 2011
Rizeberry said:
Aoi with dat backflip in the beginning. I've been engaged from that point onward, the action was wonderful! Fanservice is delicious as well.

Looks like a pretty enjoyable series, hopefully it'll gain more substance over time to make it even more worthy of my time.

^ This guy understands when to just just back and enjoy a show.

100% truth
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 5, 2014 2:59 AM

Apr 2012
Solid show. Pretty good animation, good action scenes, and good fanservice to train fans. The OP and ED were surprisingly great as well.
Jul 5, 2014 2:59 AM

May 2014
HungLikeaZombie said:

100% truth
OK, please give me a guide when I'm supposed to take it seriously with all its train and security jargon, along with the whole training(admittedly it's just this episode) and then turn my brain off so I can enjoy the fanservice antics and action cliches.
Not to mention the tsundere is on the far off scale of violent, I wonder how she's not a murderous sociopath. If keeps this up, it really will be a trainwreck.

Just call me for the beach and multi-track drifting episodes.

I feel like this show doesn't know what it wants to be, cheesy action with train security or a train documentary with light drama, it's a double standard.
Jul 5, 2014 6:17 AM

Jan 2013
porkypink said:
The feel of the show reminds me of Hataraku Maou. Its good but not as great.

I thought Hataraku Maou-sama! was superb in its own form. Chi-chan wasn't even that great which made the anime even better. Comedy and action with a generic plot thrown together in an awesome way.

So if what you are telling is truth, I should enjoy this. On my watch list.
Jul 5, 2014 6:32 AM
Dec 2013
So I watched first episode.

How was it? Well, it was kind of OK, aside from that... Fanservice stuff I just cannot stand much. If it was a regular anime I would surely drop it, wait. I wouldn't even consider watching it.

But it's (partly) about trains. God damn TRAINS. And I like trains and that's the reason enough for me to watch it. Even if it's full of cliches (which can be executed ok) and there will be fanservice it will not change my mind - I will watch every single episode if there will be enough trains in it.
Jul 5, 2014 6:52 AM

Feb 2014
I hope they add multi-track drifting into this.
Honestly it would be too awesome to be left out.
Thanks to Zelot for the forum avatar!

Jul 5, 2014 7:00 AM
Jun 2013
The action scene near the end had some pretty great animation, and I overall enjoyed this episode a lot. I'll definitely watch the rest of the show as it airs.

I just hope they won't pull some generic love triangle on us, as the female characters' personalities are (currently) stereotypical enough that such a thing wouldn't surprise me. Also, I get the feeling Iwaizumi (or whatever that macho dude's name was) will be overlooked in favor of the other characters, and be left as nothing but comic relief. But I'll just wait and see.

Also, I'm glad they got the training part over with in the first episode, that way we can get to the real shit as quickly as possible.
Jul 5, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2013
Not bad at all. I love trains, so I decided to watch this show, and in the end it was a good idea.
Nice fanservice too ^^
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jul 5, 2014 7:42 AM
Oct 2011
Like usual , big boobs , wimpy boy , strong girl knows karate and shits. Stupid guy ( nah , I like that guy ).

dropped
Jul 5, 2014 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
Hmm not bad, seems interesting. I'll continue watching, albeit it was cliche with the whole ladder falling scene.
Jul 5, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2014
T3hSource said:
HungLikeaZombie said:

100% truth
OK, please give me a guide when I'm supposed to take it seriously with all its train and security jargon, along with the whole training(admittedly it's just this episode) and then turn my brain off so I can enjoy the fanservice antics and action cliches.
Not to mention the tsundere is on the far off scale of violent, I wonder how she's not a murderous sociopath. If keeps this up, it really will be a trainwreck.

Just call me for the beach and multi-track drifting episodes.

I feel like this show doesn't know what it wants to be, cheesy action with train security or a train documentary with light drama, it's a double standard.
It just started and you expect marvels and wonders. Really?
Jul 5, 2014 9:12 AM

Jan 2012
Whole episode screamed bland to me.
Pacing felt weird and ED was pretty horrible too imo.
Jul 5, 2014 11:21 AM

Dec 2013
First episode and you already have the gist of things to come.
Haruka's talk with Takayama throughout the entire first episode pretty much implied that Takayama was one of (if not THE) reasons why she joined the profession. She sorta implied all over that she knew him prior to the start of this show (what with the "You've saved me AGAIN" stuff and other stuff). Given that she's shown some Ojou-sama tendencies, you would think that she really isn't suitable for a post in that department. To be able to join, you would think that she was plenty powerful, knew some important people, or maybe is like the Railway President's Granddaughter or something like that. Apparently Takayama has no recollection of things, but we have pretty much established the first shipping lane.

Sakurai is pretty much the second lane, what with the cliche "Get off on the wrong foot and end up falling in love" stuff. Already I can see a triangle showing up in the near future once Sakurai "discovers" Takayama's good points in some sort of incident. Iwaizumi will most likely be the secondary beta-colleague with brawn and not enough brains. Either he'll fall for the head of their department, or he'll end up with no line and be his supporting cast role.

The team characteristics thus far are simple, we have two brains and two brawns. Considering the nature of their department (Train Defense force?), I'm betting any and all issues that crop up will be dealt with in a fashion similar to what they did with the second half of this episode, on a regular basis as well. I can't say I appreciate the idealist tendencies of their team, specifically their blatant disregard for the rules in the name of their own brand of "Justice". In most cases, chasing after armed robbers like that with no actual weapons for self defense (they did NOT carry arms at that point), would more likely get you injured/killed than actually capturing the culprits. They should have called it in and let the professionals at the other station deal with things.

Overall, a generic anime with a slightly novel setting. The art is quite good, and the music decent (the ED was pretty good stuff). Will keep watching it to see how things develop. I sure as heck don't mind a bouncy plot, but I get the feeling I won't be able to refrain from complaining about their episodic antics though....

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
Suzune-chanJul 8, 2014 11:17 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 5, 2014 12:19 PM

Oct 2013
Meh, not a good start; was very rushed. I didn't get a good grasp on the plot or setting and the characters seem cliche. Hopefully it improves.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth
Jul 5, 2014 1:26 PM

Apr 2010
So what was this about rookie railway employes or was it about rookie police officers?
From what i could tell it was about the last one, or maybe railway police is more accurate?

In any case i was expecting something else and not sure if a like this.
Might watch a few other episodes before i decide.
Jul 5, 2014 2:06 PM
Jan 2014
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

The PLOT is REAL!

Seriously though, not a fan of Haruka's dual udder configuration myself.
I like the character design though. I can't comment on the actual characters themselves for now, need to watch more episodes. Sakurai seems interesting, so far.
The concept is decent, I guess. This anime is still difficult to judge with just one episode. I really hope the "train" doesn't get derailed.
Jul 5, 2014 2:27 PM

Oct 2012
bastek66 said:
PLOT is great

I like this plot very much! :D
Anyway, was expecting something in Servant x Service style but I guess this fanservice action can be good too. We'll see in next episode :)
Jul 5, 2014 2:37 PM

Apr 2010
OP & ED were great. Everything in between, not so much.
Jul 5, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2010
IF only this was the actual opening. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaqZoph265U

You know what? I fucking enjoyed this shit. Ecchi, boobies, good actions and TRAINS. I'll surely keep watching it for my usual weekly dose of genuine fun.

I have no regrets.

Guys stop quoting that bouncy gif, my wood can't handle all this plot.
AkanezoraJul 5, 2014 5:47 PM
Jul 5, 2014 6:20 PM

Sep 2013
Fun to watch, I've seen far worse shows with higher reception. Just enjoy this one.
Jul 5, 2014 9:43 PM

Feb 2014
This was a show I just picked up out of curiosity. I will admit that it wasn't the greatest but it wasnt that bad either. It is a big change of pace for me considering what I have been watching lately so this was perfect for me. While I don't really have a huge interest in trains, the concept that I read behind this show is actually somewhat interesting, so I think I will keep watching this for right now.
djthorpe10Jul 5, 2014 9:48 PM
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2014

181 by KanthorFehga »»
Jan 30, 2023 9:10 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2014

75 by 424jersey106 »»
Aug 13, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2014

99 by Raizel »»
Jan 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

68 by ColdBisquiT »»
Dec 28, 2021 5:12 PM

Poll: » Rail Wars! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 21, 2014

78 by Apakabar »»
Dec 4, 2021 5:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.