Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
I expected a bit too much out of this show. It's kind of lackluster and boring throughout, even more than Tari Tari which at least had some conflict going on and the music. The art is nice, but character designs aren't the best.

Well, it's still the first episode so I'm not giving up at all. Nagiasu started out like this too so this might be a great show over the next few weeks.

Oh right, this episode was flowing in foreshadowing the future love drama this show will throw at us. I suspect the love polygon to be like this:
Kakeru =><= Touko <= Imi/Yuki <= Yanagi and Hiro => Sachi
Jul 3, 2014 5:25 PM

Apr 2014
The visuals are really pleasant to look at.

But I am kinda confused why they suddenly got so worked up in the end there =0
Jul 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
CopicColors said:

Basically . what "David" said there is similar to hitting on her and Yuki and generally guys sense when a guy hits on the girl they are interested in. Even thou' Yuki will most likely took it wrong but thats how things work. I think its pretty obvious that Yuki likes , atleast , Touko.
"Love is a drug to our brain , it stops the thinking function and when you realize it wether you acomplish it or not you'll enter in one of the 3 withdrawal states : happy , sad or anger. Once this drug gets hold of you you'd better be prepaired beforehand." - Me
Jul 3, 2014 5:28 PM

Jul 2012
CopicColors said:

Not to mention, that crazy classical music mixed in was so odd to watch.
Jul 3, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2013
Okikura raises the d-bag flag and is waving it quite proudly too XD I'm sure he'll have some kind of character development soon but I do hope he doesn't get too annoying.

I like it but to be honest I kind of felt strained after watching it. It must be the characters and the hint of another who-loves-who. I hope it'll lean more to the side of HanaIro than NagiAsu.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jul 3, 2014 5:37 PM
Dec 2013
CopicColors said:

That quiet and innocent four-eyes Sachi was like "nigga who da fuk are you?"
Jul 3, 2014 5:42 PM

Nov 2011
Unfortunately after seeing the first episode, I can't see myself liking it, so I won't be watching any more.
However I did like the background music and background art, not so much the character art though, or the character design, very similar to many in it's genre.
To be honest it was quite boring and I can't really see a decent plot forming, I'm not sure how this is going to turn out.
Basically I found it too same-same. The humour didn't do anything for me either, a bit disappointed, the glass theme could have been really interesting. The love hexagon isn't going to be very original either from what I can make out. :/
Ah well.

May 2012
01:23 Highmountain!

02:53 romance? yay

06:54 love pentagon

08:35 nope, hexagon

10:43 nice OST

11:45 LOOOL

17:13 wutt?

7/10 for this ep.
8/10 for nano.RIPE <3
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.

Mar 2009
Quite mundane so far. They talked about chickens a lot. Cool.

Summer season already sucks. Anime is doomed forever.

However, I will continue to watch this to see if Jonathan the chicken ever learns the ripple.

Oct 2012
im usually not into slice of life, but ill try out a few more episodes
the art is really pretty~
lol how is everyone is so casual about taking and keeping a chicken at home
i sense an interesting love chart developing soon...
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
Jul 3, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2013
Wow they didn't show David's dick. How dare they censor art? 1/10 horrible anime dropped
Jul 3, 2014 6:02 PM

May 2012
That over use of fireworks and violin playing in the background. Already this anime is giving off the air of pretentiousness and I don't like it.

First episode was kinda boring. New transfer kid seems like an asshole. Loved ChouCho and her opening theme song. Animation was pretty. I think pretty animation is reason enough to keep watching despite everything else being bad.
Go ***k yourself.

Polite as usual,
lightXTC
Jul 3, 2014 6:17 PM

Jul 2012
Mormegil said:
Summer season already sucks. Anime is doomed forever.

However, I will continue to watch this to see if Jonathan the chicken ever learns the ripple.

That made my day lolol

lightXTC said:
That over use of fireworks and violin playing in the background. Already this anime is giving off the air of pretentiousness and I don't like it.

Yeah this was also one of my issues. They're overdoing the "moments", if you guys get my drift. You're supposed to have normal moments that build up into a climax and then you throw in the stunning fireworks, or sunsets, or whatever P.A. works can pull off well.
Jul 3, 2014 6:29 PM

Jan 2014
Not sure what to think of the premiere. The constant still frames and slow motion was strange, and Okikura was rather stalkerish. I found it amusing that she's mesmerised by how hot he is, when he looks almost exactly like Yukinari, whom she shows no attraction to. If it weren't for their height, I'd have trouble telling them apart.
Jul 3, 2014 6:37 PM

Apr 2014
Fatma94 said:
ScazoN said:
That quiet and innocent four-eyes Sachi was like "nigga who da fuk are you?"

I think she didn't like the fact that Okikura made Yukinari angry. she has a crush on him so she probably wants the guy she loves to get with Fukami instead of an outsider because she wants him to be happy maybe O.o

That's some love triangle lol
Jul 3, 2014 6:43 PM

Nov 2013
such nagi-esque, much feels.
lets see how good this one turns out.
not bad so far :))))
Jul 3, 2014 6:55 PM

Apr 2013
That was ??
Pretty nice start, but there are many things felt misplaced and just feels weird
Need time to adjust myself to it I guess
Animation and art are not as good as the usual P.A. Works' quality
Still curious what it's all about, not sure what to expect except there would be love polygon but a bit different love polygon
I'm getting the feeling this would be a mix of Nagi no Asukara and Tari Tari
Jul 3, 2014 6:57 PM

Apr 2013
lightXTC said:
Because music and nice visuals are pretentious
Jul 3, 2014 7:06 PM
Jan 2014
They should've named the show:
"We show off our fkin amazing animation effects, man LOOK AT THAT, its FIREWORKS!! and you know what? The main character likes GLASS, do you know what that means? ITS FKIN GLASS MAN, REFLECTIONS EVERYWHERE, GLOWING GLASS, things are animated and shiny, shiny sparks everywhere, AND DO YOU SEE THAT? THE FKIN FIREWORK HAPPENS OVER THE SEA AND IT GETS REFLECTED TOO!! haha! so cool man, trains have dynamic light and shit, awesome watch in 1080p its so gud."

fitting name.
but honestly, the animation is really good.
Jul 3, 2014 7:09 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Please do not post very simple responses and it does help to be descriptive.

So...
This was my most anticipated series for this summer season due to love webs and PA Works.
And it delivered! Really enjoying the sound track and already snagged a few screen shots of scenery for screen savers. Characters are currently... Really likable or really unlikable. Very few inbetweens so far.

I hope we get more on the past of the characters. Seems like our megane recognizes "David'.

The ED is so nice and the OP is pretty good too, I think this series is looking fine for being 1 cour.
Jul 3, 2014 7:12 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good start.

The fireworks scene at the beginning was pretty nice.
Jul 3, 2014 7:13 PM

Dec 2012
Love the animations in this. That fireworks display at the festival was beautiful.
The OP and ED were pretty good.
Looking forward to seeing more.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jul 3, 2014 7:17 PM

Mar 2013
I love how the glances the characters make to each other in this episode and the opening makes who likes who obvious xD! Looking forward to more P.A. Work goodness from Glasslip. Its 1 cour so it should go by pretty fast pace. Good start :]
Jul 3, 2014 7:20 PM

Oct 2013
Transfer student: I saw you (Who the shit are you? Edward Cullen?)
How it should have been: ... (What a creep!)

Transfer student: Randomly being cynical
MC Girl: Oh my god! I'm so in love! I must have his dick now!

What the shit is wrong with this anime?
It's like watching Twilight saga

so many cliché and all

I'll give it another episode
Toaki90Jul 3, 2014 8:00 PM
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 3, 2014 7:28 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Toaki90 said:

MC Girl: Oh my god! I'm so in love!

so many cliché and all

Where did the female MC say "Oh my god! I'm so in love!"?
All we know is that she is interested.
She hasn't proclaimed her love
Jul 3, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
when the guy said "am i friend or foe?" i wanted her to say you're fowl! ehehe. and those sodas with the glass ball in them are soooo good!
Jul 3, 2014 7:53 PM

Feb 2012
I love seeing stills on the first ep! It's so artistic! Like, I can imagine on my own everyone's body language while they're talking. Who needs animation when you've got imagination? Shingeki no Kyojin should take notes - this is how stills are done.
YveseJul 3, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 3, 2014 7:55 PM

Nov 2012
This is looking to be a pretty good show. I liked the animation, and the ost. Only thing i disliked was the ED :/
Jul 3, 2014 7:58 PM

Oct 2013
Zelot said:
Toaki90 said:

MC Girl: Oh my god! I'm so in love!

so many cliché and all

Where did the female MC say "Oh my god! I'm so in love!"?
All we know is that she is interested.
She hasn't proclaimed her love

Yes, I may have exaggerated a lot
But you've got to admit
It's like watching Twilight the animation
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 3, 2014 8:07 PM

Jul 2012
Toaki90 said:
But you've got to admit

As much as I was disappointed with this first episode, it really wasn't that bad. I got used to this type of drama from PA Works.
Jul 3, 2014 8:20 PM

Oct 2013
mayukachan said:
Toaki90 said:
But you've got to admit

As much as I was disappointed with this first episode, it really wasn't that bad. I got used to this type of drama from PA Works.
I find it even less promising than Tari Tari
"Burn the heretics"
Jul 3, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
I have the feeling that the transfer student is already walking into a developing love triangle, hence the talk about whether they would all be together next year while they were watching the fireworks. I also get the feeling that Touko is not quite as aware of the group dynamics as Yanagi is. This might be somewhat mislabelled as an SOL, as it looks to me like there is going to be significant romance and drama developing.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jul 3, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2011
Kakeru's attitude is weird, but the others aren't any better. Whats with standing up and given him a death stare when he didn't do anything, except by chance (unless he's stalking Touku, but they can't know that even if..) being in the same place?

Also: Touko's mom. One day she's like "stew? Are you crazy, thats why too hot". And the other day "lets make something hot, perfect for summer". I'm already surprised Touko seems to have a generally good relationship with her parents and sister despite that much favoritism and trolling.
Jul 3, 2014 8:40 PM
Jun 2013
Things went pretty fast, but what's with the confrontation right off the bat?
Is it jealousy or yes?

Jul 3, 2014 8:45 PM
Jul 2013
Everything seems familiar.. it's like I've seen this show before. Well, it's still too early to judge this show but I think it's good for now.

The show looks lovely, as expected of PA Works. Love the OP. The ED looks too cute for the show to have any serious drama in it, but we'll see.

I guess that's all I have to say about this show. Now, I must go and protect Jonathan.
Jul 3, 2014 8:46 PM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
Beautiful art and sound design that's fitting of PA Works, but as for the story...

They might've done better not introducing this stoic David dude, but nooo. I am getting a little irritated by this archetype of character and way to introduce himself, being philosophical and all with the chickens, ticks me right off. There's already this group of five friends so I'm guessing our David here is the cause of all further tears and drama. With one sided love at every corner, this is a classic drama.

I think I like all the other characters, but I'm not seeing potential for success, and that little bit at the end about how David saw the same thing as Touko saw? I couldn't care less, lest it be some apparition of god or satan in the sky.

Anyway, it's short so I'll stay with it, and surely it can't get too bland.

EDIT: oh crap his name isn't even David.
Jul 3, 2014 8:57 PM

Aug 2013
Don't keep chickens in your house you crazy people, there is a reason why they are kept outside.
wow gay
Jul 3, 2014 9:03 PM

Jan 2014
I LOVE IT....
we have same emotionless tsumugu here... XD
the story,character,and drama absolutely have same taste like nagi no asukara with a chicken from true tears :D
i'm getting excited when shipping war start................. !!
i have a feeling.. this will be more good than nagi no asukara
P.A Works style is the best !!
BregasSaJul 3, 2014 9:06 PM
"Eye for an eye
a tooth for a tooth
and eternal sleep... for the Dead."

Heike`Code;02`

Jul 3, 2014 9:10 PM

Feb 2012
I like animes from PA Works so I'll continue watching it..

So what was established in this episode, IT'S A CRAZY TANGLED LOVE WEB!!

I get why Yukinari stood up in the end (he has the hots for Touko and is prolly jealous Touko knows another guy)... but why did Sachi also stand up?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 3, 2014 9:32 PM

Oct 2013
parfaited said:
Black_wind said:
But you know what?those kids need some classes on chickens...seriously...

The whole time when the chickens were in their rooms I couldn't stop thinking "you don't put chickens in a your room like that unless you want crap everywhere".
My concern over that ruined my watching atmosphere somewhat ahaha.

Haha, thinking about the same thing. Was amazed by how clean their rooms were later.
Jul 3, 2014 9:37 PM
Dec 2008
http://imgur.com/0blc4rt
http://imgur.com/kiXoXf2

Woah, this is going to be messy.
Jul 3, 2014 9:50 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmm, dialogue wasn't particularly interesting and I wasn't feeling the humor; seemed a little haphazard and poorly timed. So I'm not too impressed so far, but it's far from bad.

But it looks gorgeous, to be sure, you can always expect that from P.A. Works. Still has potential as it's clearly going to be character-driven, and P.A. Works generally has a good track record.

Shall we do as we did with Nagi no Asukara and start guessing who will end up with who? Let the love mesh-network start taking shape!
-Trippwire-Jul 3, 2014 9:54 PM
Jul 3, 2014 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Lol'd at all of the chickens in everyone's houses. Wow, that was pretty great! The animation is quality and the OST is sounding fantastic so far, along with likable characters.. You could already see the love-triangle at the end of the episode, haha. Excited!
jbeat said:
I like animes from PA Works so I'll continue watching it..

So what was established in this episode, IT'S A CRAZY TANGLED LOVE WEB!!

I get why Yukinari stood up in the end (he has the hots for Touko and is prolly jealous Touko knows another guy)... but why did Sachi also stand up?
Because Sachi has the hots for Yukki. I'm assuming that she did it because she felt threatened due to him feeling threatened.
Uber_DewberJul 3, 2014 9:59 PM
Jul 3, 2014 10:10 PM

Jun 2009
Meganeko and suspicious fox-eyed boy got kinda aggressive... so tense

That ending was adorable. Long live CHIBIS!

The girl with the bow is going to get annoying I feels it coming. Girls who like someone who likes someone else end up doing some evil stuff...even to their friends. If she could be honest then gracefully accept defeat that would be kinda nice but that rarely happens.
Jul 3, 2014 10:15 PM

Aug 2011
PA Works returns!!!!

This love dodectahedron seems like a mess, along with this chicken theme that came fron True Tears.

Choucho OP AND NANO RIPE ED!? Too goooood!
Jul 3, 2014 10:15 PM

Nov 2007
Yep! This gets my approval since P.A. Works shows are always enjoyable. :)
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 3, 2014 10:18 PM
Jan 2014
New guy resembles Kirito.

The other one resembles Hachiman.

I was more interested in that than this episode.
moving on.
Jul 3, 2014 10:28 PM

Jan 2014
It was a fine episode. The whole "plot" and progress was a bit weird though.

And the Ano Natsu vibe is just strong here......
Jul 3, 2014 10:29 PM

Nov 2012
oh no, i hope the romance won't be as shitty as in nagi no asukara...

otherwise the episode was alright, visuals great as expected from PA works. the new guy's a bit weird though.
Jul 3, 2014 10:38 PM
Jun 2013
What a nice start to Glasslip!
The artwork is done well, and i like the OP and ED.
There is some love complex going on too, reminds me of the Nagi no Asukara complex.
Glasslip is definitely seems like a nice and light fun anime for this summer season.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.