Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2009 10:38 AM
Jun 2008
Everything perfect, as expected.
Except for Namikawa Daisuke, that also expected.
I mean, I love Kazehaya-kun, and I'm not saying that Namikawa Daisuke is a bad voice actor, but I don't want to imagine Kazeyaha-kun screaming PASTAAA~~ everytime he speaks...
I guess I'll get used to it after some time.
Oct 9, 2009 10:41 AM

May 2008
Wow.. subtle but sublime. Gonna stick with this show.
Oct 9, 2009 11:19 AM

Mar 2008
wonderful first episode :) it managed to get the character introductions and the main premise across intelligently, with a good helping of humour added. Subtle tones, and the opening theme help to set the mood, which i hope will carry across into the upcoming episodes.

the show to watch this season, if the debut is anything to go by

Oct 9, 2009 11:32 AM

Mar 2008
Finally, a very good anime
Oct 9, 2009 11:34 AM

Jun 2007
Am I the only one here who doesn't like Mamiko Noto's voice? That totally sucked for me but hey ill get used to it... Daisuke Namikawa was great btw

Episode felt a little slower than the manga but I cried when she cried ;_;

I only read the first chapter so I expect some good surprises. Very nice start :3
Oct 9, 2009 12:06 PM

Oct 2009
It has potential to be good, but I find the art style to be a bit bothersome at times. We'll see if my opinion changes as time goes on.
Oct 9, 2009 12:43 PM

Nov 2008
Finally some new nice shoujo anime <3
Oct 9, 2009 12:58 PM

Jun 2008
Loved this first episode cant wait for more.

side note.
does anyone get reminded of Nakahara, Sunako from Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge when watching Sawako?
Oct 9, 2009 2:34 PM

Jul 2008
so_addictive said:
IT's funny how pessimistic anime has made me though, i kept waiting for something to go horribly wrong. The two girls to trick her with the courage test, Kazehaya to be rude to her in front of the other classmates...something. I was so on edge idk if i enjoyed it as much as i should have lol
Same here, I was waiting for her to be bullied because the popular guy was being nice to her.

BEGINNER
Oct 9, 2009 3:04 PM

May 2007
OMG THAT WAS SO CUTE. I love the animation, the OP and ED.

Though it felt kinda rushed, didn't it? Compared to the manga chap. Idk. :x

Oct 9, 2009 3:12 PM

Aug 2009
adamantine said:
so_addictive said:
IT's funny how pessimistic anime has made me though, i kept waiting for something to go horribly wrong. The two girls to trick her with the courage test, Kazehaya to be rude to her in front of the other classmates...something. I was so on edge idk if i enjoyed it as much as i should have lol
Same here, I was waiting for her to be bullied because the popular guy was being nice to her.
Me too. In fact I was kinda hoping for it. Everything going right so early in the anime means there's gonna be less good conflicts as it progresses. At least, that's how it usually goes. Its the first episode, so we all just might be wrong. *shrugs*

The anime reminds me a lot of Bokura ga Ita, Lovely Complex, and The Wallflower. Hearing her complimenting him through the window, very Bokura ga Ita. Being the ghost in the school activitity, extremely Lovely Complex. Being the horrific scary looking girl of the school, The Wallflower to the max.

It's not like those are bad things, though. I actually like it. I like seeing similar storylines sometimes (as long as it doesn't get too overused). I'm looking forward to the next episode.

I'm glad they're making some more shoujo anime! We never have a lot, don't we, ladies? xD (hurry up, Maid Sama!, I want to watch you!). I liked the female lead's voice very much. I think it fit perfectly for being the cute fluffy nice girl on the inside and being the scary chick on the outside

I wonder how long its going to be. I think it should be just 12 episodes--they all ready shown that the love interests have strong feelings for each other. You can't stretch that out forever.
NewheightsOct 9, 2009 3:17 PM

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Oct 9, 2009 3:39 PM
Jul 2008
Was I wrong or someone's name was Yano? That reminded me of Bokura no Ita.
Oct 9, 2009 3:41 PM

Dec 2008
confuser987 said:
Was I wrong or someone's name was Yano? That reminded me of Bokura no Ita.
Yes, one of the two girls who Sawako talked to, Yano Ayane :P (the one who wears make up)
Oct 9, 2009 6:36 PM

Sep 2008
Just finished Mamiko's version, but I hope they get a little better. They did a few scenes better such as the flower garden, but their diction is a little odd at other parts. Sadly I'll have to go for FMS for now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 6:47 PM

Dec 2007
I'm not really into shoujo animes/mangas, but I gave this a try and just loved it. Totally sweet and enjoyable.
Oct 9, 2009 7:20 PM

Sep 2009
I haven't really seen (or enjoyed) many shoujo anime, but I was laughing maniacally while I was watching it, which earned me a few raised brows. I expected more drama, somehow, but it was pleasant.

The OP is awesome.
Oct 9, 2009 7:49 PM

Sep 2008
Just finished Shinigami Realm's sub version. I never really heard of them before, fut their font style was done really well. Now if only they took out those grammar mistakes and had better diction...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 7:55 PM

Dec 2008
HawthorneKitty said:
Just finished Mamiko's version, but I hope they get a little better. They did a few scenes better such as the flower garden, but their diction is a little odd at other parts. Sadly I'll have to go for FMS for now.

HawthorneKitty said:
Just finished Shinigami Realm's sub version. I never really heard of them before, fut their font style was done really well. Now if only they took out those grammar mistakes and had better diction...

So far I'm sticking with SFW right now, I played FMS for a few seconds and was really put off by their lime green font colour of their IRC channel with really bad choice of font for the opening. As for the translation....I briefly watched up to the part when Sawako explains the meaning behind her name. Really didn't like FMS' translation of "Pleasant child".

So unless another better subbing group comes out, I guess I'll stick with SFW. I was going to download and watch Mamiko's version - but you said their diction is weird - so I'll trust you on that XD
Oct 9, 2009 8:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Finally, another awards-winning shoujo manga gets adapted!!! (I would be so happy if the world would be filled with shoujo....)

Impressive first episode. Good job Mamiko Noto once again. Her voice fits Sawako perfectly. Very nice OP and perhaps the nicest/most heartwarming ED song of the season.

Again, amazing as expected.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 9, 2009 8:13 PM

Feb 2008
One word: CUUUUUUTE. I can't stop smiling that it's so cute. The art is beeeautiful, I love the scenes with the cherry blossom tress! This is a good way to end my day. :P

Loving it so far!
Oct 9, 2009 11:53 PM

Jul 2008
RedApples said:
I can't stop smiling that it's so cute.

Same here, I just kept smiling especially at the end. This is definitely a unique anime that deserves attention!
Oct 10, 2009 4:32 AM

Mar 2009
I liked it. It was really sweet.

Oct 10, 2009 4:49 AM

Jul 2008
adamantine said:
so_addictive said:

Oh geez, same to all of these. But I still enjoyed it a lot, really sweet start.
Oct 10, 2009 5:24 AM

Mar 2008
cabaret said:
adamantine said:
so_addictive said:

haha when he replied "i'll do anything but that" to the 'punishment date', i had the same reaction as yano: "oi oi.."

Oct 10, 2009 5:34 AM
Oct 2008
I just watched and my first impressions were: WOW.
Seriously. Even my sister, who have trouble liking anime and manga, likes it.

Her face in the last part (flashback), was EPIC.
Oct 10, 2009 5:46 AM

Jul 2009
adamantine said:
so_addictive said:
Oh yes definitely..it makes me wanted to punch someone and shed the tears also when i read the manga..so your waiting will not be in vain as long as they keep up the great work adapting this manga into anime..
Oct 10, 2009 6:05 AM
Sep 2008
i Liked it
the animation was good Sawako was funny and Shouta was sweet
i'm waiting 4 more ^^
Oct 10, 2009 7:41 AM
Jun 2009
i like it..it's sweet and sawako is so cute!!and finally a lead hero whon isnt mean to the heroine...
;p
Oct 10, 2009 10:30 AM
Mar 2009
Very Nice The Girl is so cute. *-*
Oct 10, 2009 10:45 AM
May 2008
I'll say I'm actually quite surprised because normally I don't watch straight up shoujo series but this one seemed interesting, and it really delivered. Something about the artwork and color scheme was really visually appealing, and while not the most deep or original plot seemed to blend well with everything else. I'm definitely sticking with this one.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Oct 10, 2009 12:53 PM

Aug 2008
I read two pages, saw it was ten and said, "F that." So forgive me if I'm being repetitive.:D

Overall, I think this is going to ride out as a cliche show accented with funny moments. That said, I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The voice acting of the leads are a little too soft and lacking something I can't really articulate, so that really bugs me in specific moments (the guy's little speeches and Sawako's narration).

What's really interesting is IG's interpretation visual interpretation of shoujo anime: very crisp and saturated colors as opposed to the soap opera, fuzzy bloom lighting, pastels, and sketch booky stuff JC Staff does. That said there are still some weird things going around in proportion that makes it hard to tell if it's a quality issue, or staying true to the manga.

I'm pretty sure this will be the last time I comment on most of this, as I'm pretty confident this will be an easy/fun ride. I do wonder how the structure will be: just a focus on Sawako and the guy, or on Sawako getting to know her classmates and opening up to them little by little.
Oct 10, 2009 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
This anime is so cute. I'm craving for more ^^

I'm glad they sticked together with the manga.
Oct 10, 2009 2:00 PM

Feb 2008
I hoped for something with a little more humor like Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge. However it was still good and there are still some similarities.
Oct 10, 2009 3:34 PM

Oct 2009
....YES.
This is my kind of freaking show!
This episode rekindled my hope for the Fall season.
Oct 10, 2009 4:10 PM

May 2008
Xer0117 said:
....YES.
This is my kind of freaking show!
This episode rekindled my hope for the Fall season.

I've got to agree; if I'm following anything this season, this will be it.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Oct 10, 2009 4:46 PM

Feb 2009
She's not scary at all when I read this I thought of Perfect Girl Evolution; I hope this won't end on my drop-list soon.
Oct 10, 2009 4:49 PM

Jul 2009
noteDhero said:

I do wonder how the structure will be: just a focus on Sawako and the guy, or on Sawako getting to know her classmates and opening up to them little by little.

Option 2 is the best one
Oct 10, 2009 5:36 PM

Sep 2008
Just finished Eclipse's version... I think that's my 6th time...
They obviously win in karaoke, although their translations are a bit more like the normal way high school students talk; don't know if that's a good thing.

I don't know why, but I just seems to love "Lively guys are so amazing" from Yano; she just sounds great saying it I guess.
Oct 10, 2009 6:32 PM

Jan 2008
yay they're talking and moving and COLOURFUL
Oct 10, 2009 8:08 PM

Sep 2008
This show was so ADORABLE! I'm not sure what it is, but it's got a unique feel to it. Maybe it's the main characters. Funny stuff - I'll be watching this show as long as it keeps this level of quality.
Oct 11, 2009 12:26 AM

Aug 2009
amazing opening theme!
i like it! xD

the story is not bad.
they follow the manga.

the animation is done great too. ^^
i love the light colors. :]

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Oct 11, 2009 12:38 AM
Jul 2008
And this one seems like it's following a manga plot, which I will praise - most anime that follow their manga parts tend to be better - but seeing as I have not read the manga yet, I'm giving this a 4/5. I'm expecting a decent funny/romance show here but I doubt i'm going to be impressed by the end of it, depending on how many episodes it'll last.
Oct 11, 2009 1:56 AM

Jan 2008
it's cool to see how they all sound... kaze-kun..... <333333

animation could be better but i think it suits it quite nicely. i just hope this anime doesn't go the kare/kano way... ><
Oct 11, 2009 2:17 AM

Nov 2007
What a beautiful episode, now I know why the manga is rated so high but to see it animated and by no less than the incredible Production I.G. this series is off to an amazing start love the pacing and the animation, definitely will continue watching this series ^^
Oct 11, 2009 4:58 AM

Apr 2007
Well, I've watched this episode 5 times now, and can't resist it any longer... Sawako, welcome to my favorite character's list.
Oct 11, 2009 7:03 AM

Oct 2009
OK so I watched it again for the third time. Found the firefly scene quite nice actually. Got emotional at the end. The end of the episode always is emotional to me for some reason. Found Eclipse does better job than FMS.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Oct 11, 2009 7:31 AM

Oct 2008
Such a beautiful first episode, I really loved it!
I have to get round to reading the manga too!
Oct 11, 2009 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
Aww, cutest anime series this season!
Can't wait to see more <3
Oct 11, 2009 12:57 PM

Dec 2008
rly luved the first ep! >w<
definitely continuing this series! ahaha!! XD
Kazehaya is sooo cute! and he and Sawako make such an adorable couple!! lolz X3
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Nov 17, 2009

211 by biuberry »»
May 7, 7:43 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

HawthorneKitty - Oct 13, 2009

323 by biuberry »»
May 4, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

171 by 068 »»
Apr 27, 2:51 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jan 12, 2010

190 by Vyse_Sohma »»
Apr 19, 8:26 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.