Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2014 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Shoma sacrificed himself to defeat Aldebaran instead of letting Rentaro taking the job.

Kisara's way of killing was so brutal.
Jul 1, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2012
Wtf was up with Kisara?

Overall just another bb episode. After episode 4 I should have drop this. The pacing was horrible and there were so many holes in the plot. Sucks because the manga is really good. Felt like the anime had so much potential, but drop the ball

2/10 for me. Hopefully we can get a ultimate version of this.

May 2011
Enju + the loli brigade were the ones who kept me watching. I couldn't care less for the story or Kaki Yuji's horrid voice. The pros pretty much balanced with the cons.

5 is average, so 5/10. Average.

Jul 2013
why do you do this to me, black bullet adaption team... WHY DO YOU RUSH THE FK OUT OF IT AND UTTERLY RUINING THE ORIGINAL MATERIAL... WHY...

the anime will never exist for me, only reading the LN >__<

seriously, they buchered so many good things from it i wonder how they ever got greenlit for this anime... the characters are falling flat because they butchered it, the action was meh, some feels inducing parts didnt induce the feels because they butchered it everything away... *sobs* WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME *sobs even harder*
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jul 1, 2014 11:34 AM

Dec 2013
Interesting episode. To be frank, I stopped enjoying the anime around episode 7 since I noticed none of the other characters are getting any character development and not to mention the anime was rushed as hell. I actually liked the ending and almost teared up. Kisara might be a potential yandere and I grown too like this character now. I give the show a 8.
Jul 1, 2014 11:39 AM

Apr 2014
cyclone1993 said:

Its not based off of a manga, its based on a light novel

Yeah I know it and I'm actually editing it. I just had typed Manga without thinking because I stayed up late and I'm very sleepy that's why.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jul 1, 2014 11:39 AM

Mar 2012
ChibiReviews said:
This anime is complete trash. Its a perfect example of what is wrong with our current anime industry. All major plot points were skipped or rushed.

What happened to Enju's corrosive rate?
What happened to that Initiator of Tina?
All the personality changes of Rentaro and Kisara.
Poor CGI
All the deaths lacked any impact what so ever.
Lot of off screen deaths that made no sense.

I can go on and on.

1/10

So im guessing the review will be full of hate than :) looking forward to it
Jul 1, 2014 11:41 AM

Mar 2012
Well the pacing is what ruined this show, i thought it was good but it would have been far far far better if they paced it perfectly, instead due to many cutback and rushed scenes many, the show was full of plot holes, and cliches and some things feeling right out of context, its a damn shame, if it wasn't for the pacing it would have been a great series.
Jul 1, 2014 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Snowiefall said:
Everyone saying Kisara shouldn't have killed Kazumitsu like that etc. Bullshit! And if Kisara ends up becoming Rentarous enemy in the future if they continue this anime, ill drop it off there. Was worth watching for Kagetane, badass.

7/10 for this season.

I personally found that scene to be the best part of the disappointing episode. I'm still very curious as to what Kagetane meant with all his nonsense to Rentaro.

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jul 1, 2014 11:43 AM

Jan 2014
Nice series overall.

7/10 Cause of the ending.

I like it that he kinda ends up with Tenju, but seriously, kisara turning ''evil'' and then going away. No idea what happens with her and Rentaro now. Hoping for a sequel.

I think it was right for Kisara to kill her brother, in my eyes, rentaro reacted ''bad''.
Im somewhat mad at the ending. Mad and Happy at the same time.
Jul 1, 2014 11:47 AM

Jul 2013
This show was rushed, sort of predictable, and the fighting scenes were so freaking short tbh. I was having some high hopes for this show to be promising but then it was all a disappointment.

But damn, WTF was that, Kisara slice him in half... I did not expect that. Now I have mixed thoughts on her, if she is going to be an enemy to Rentaro. If she is doing it, then I will be probably disappointing with that, even though that was pretty.... amusing to see her dark side.

Ending was okay I guess, 6.5/10.

Jul 1, 2014 11:47 AM
Jun 2014
For those of you who think that it was rushed, remember that this anime has 13 episodes, and its hard not to leave stuff out, or rush the episodes a bit unless its 25 episodes
Jul 1, 2014 11:53 AM

Apr 2012
wtf was that shit
Kisara went yandere mode LOOOL

4/10

Jul 1, 2014 11:54 AM

Jan 2013
7/10 - For 13 episodes I got the message and it sure riled up xenophobes. If it got you hating humanity, it did its job.
Jul 1, 2014 12:02 PM

Dec 2010
Justice here, justice there. In the end, you're all just batshit insane.

Call me when there's an anime about Kagetane or something

6/10 since I'm generous.
Jul 1, 2014 12:04 PM

Feb 2013
That Yandere Kisara-san killed me. I can't stop laughing.
I don't have much to say about this since It's already in the first posts. 5/10
Jul 1, 2014 12:16 PM

Apr 2014
Finally. The last episode.

I would rant about everything that was wrong with this episode, and this series, but I'm just glad it's finally over.

To be frank, the Psycho-Kisara scene was random, forced, and completely unnecessary to the point of irritation, although the animation was rather nice.

On the other hand, the train scene was so lovely that it made me consider picking BB up again in the future, although I probably won't. The animation was also rather nice.

3/5 for the episode.

4/10 for the series.

BRING ON THE SUMMER SEASON!!!!!
Jul 1, 2014 12:18 PM

Oct 2010
Rentaro is a shitty character. At least Kisara wont back down and hesitate like him. Rentaro always talking about justice but is a big ass hypocrite himself. So yeah he one of the main reasons this show was bad.
Jul 1, 2014 12:19 PM

Mar 2014
Dont know why everyone is shocked kisara did that. They said earlier in the series that her and Rentaro started out hell bent on revenge he just mellowed out over time where she has been brooding. Did feel a bit rushed but still great series imo.
Jul 1, 2014 12:20 PM

Jun 2013
Damn, Kisara is cold! I wonder if Rentaro, Enju, and Tina will keep working for her after this...

And my loli of the season award goes to Tina :)

8/10.
Jul 1, 2014 12:24 PM
Feb 2013
I guess we can forget a possible Kisara X Rentarou arc, in the end its a loli arc for the guy.
Jul 1, 2014 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
Well, nice,they killed my favorite characters,even if it was expected.

Very nice,turn Kisara into a yandere like it all makes sense now.

5/10.
Jul 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2014
Very good series even though I will agree with everyone else and say that the ending was definitely rushed. On that note however I still liked the show. Kisara going crazy like that definitely got me surprised! I have a feeling Kagetane will be returning again, and now Kisara has revenge on her mind now. Now that the monolith is repaired they might not have to deal with gastrea any more but now they gotta fix all the drama on the inside. The gastrea I'm sure aren't done just yet either! For every new thing that is created at some point there will always be something that counters it. So now that the new monolith is up I'm sure the gastrea are just biding their time waiting to strike again. I'll give this show a 8.5/10. Good series hopefully we get some more but I doubt it.
Jul 1, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
One of the worst adaptations I've seen, which saddens me immensely because I love the Light Novel and manga a lot.

I'll give it a 6/10 thanks to fripSide, Yanagi Nagi (<3), the OST and Tina/Enju. All those things helped me enjoy this anime somehow.

Barion-Zara said:
Just imagining how good this series would've been if adapted well gives me goosebumps T_T

Urek said:
the anime will never exist for me, only reading the LN >__<

Instead of a sequel, I'd rather have a proper remake because Black Bullet can be a lot better than this. If only they took their time. Imagine BB with an art more similar to the designs and colors of Saki Ukai illustrations... it would look so much better.

ChibiReviews said:
This anime is complete trash. Its a perfect example of what is wrong with our current anime industry. All major plot points were skipped or rushed.

What happened to Enju's corrosive rate?
What happened to that Initiator of Tina?
All the personality changes of Rentaro and Kisara.
Poor CGI
All the deaths lacked any impact what so ever.
Lot of off screen deaths that made no sense.

I can go on and on.

1/10

Even though I agree... you're harsh
I thought you were a kinder person *sob sob sob*
(I'll watch your vid once it's out)
Jul 1, 2014 12:27 PM

Feb 2014
I just... This was such a solid anime, and then the ending, just? The war was short and sweet, and I mean with all the hype leading up to it I really expected it to be this massive episode that was going to put the dull parts of the show to shame! But then Kisara ends up being a complete donut and then there's a weird, happy/bat-shit crazy, yandere-like ending with Enju/Kisara, and the mask-man is just now running free and the rest of the civil officers go back to normal, and I'm just really confused.
It seems like the show was left open for a second season, but with the way it ended I'm not exactly sure how they'd play out the rest of the story? Another war, or focus on how Kisara decides to go on a murderous rampage?
8/10? Maybe?
に触
祟ら
りぬ
な神

Jul 1, 2014 12:29 PM

Dec 2012
InTheOtherWorld said:

To be frank, the Psycho-Kisara scene was random, forced, and completely unnecessary to the point of irritation, although the animation was rather nice.
Jul 1, 2014 12:34 PM

Apr 2008
First half of the episode felt rushed. 6/10

Second half was pure awesomeness! 10/10

-> 8/10
Jul 1, 2014 12:36 PM

Oct 2013
So Kisara turned into a killer,that was unexpected.Btw 6/10 for the series.

Jul 1, 2014 12:36 PM
Jan 2014
After the first half of the episode i felt like banging my head into my desk. That scene when Rentarou decides to sacrifice himself end up completely defeated not even a minute later... That was a peak of stupidity. The first half seemed awfully rushed. The second part... I have nearly no experience with yandere characters so it really got me by surprise. There was literally one moment when it was mentioned that Kisara and Rentarou had some dark past - Kisara character lacked proper development and that's why this scene yet again looked so stupid. Though I really like that I couldn't see that comming.

To sum up - 5/10 I really did have high hopes for this anime at the beginning, but yeaahhh... As my "Cutest loli award in 2014 Sprin Season" already went to Shiro (No Game No Life) there's nothing what could make up for this anime's flaws. Still I really want to read LN.

PS. If you actually did read it.... well I'm kind of... asthonished? o.O
Jul 1, 2014 12:39 PM

Jan 2014
Good Series I give it a 8. Would Love for a season 2 !
Way better than No Game No Life, that show was trash.
DoctorWasabiJul 1, 2014 12:46 PM
Jul 1, 2014 12:43 PM

May 2014
Holy shit this episode!!!!
Really enjoyed the fact Enju and Rentaro were together in the end together forever. <3
Kisara DAFUQ? Is all I could think of lol.
I really enjoyed this anime it gets a high rating from me ^^
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jul 1, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
A nice episode I felt, and unexpected personality change from Kisara (Maybe too unexpected).

I am a bit disapointed, I expected more from it. It did have good points like some nice characters (Kagetane was awesome), nice animation (Although CGI wasn't up to par), lolis(!). I did feel like it could have more impact, quite alot of people dying without me really caring. Despite that, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel.
Still was enjoyable. Not sure how I'll give it, but I will certainly try the LN since it seems the anime didn't do a good job a adapting, and I'm really curious to see how it will turn out, if Kisara really will become really "evil".
Jul 1, 2014 12:53 PM

May 2014
Also wanted to say the music in this anime is amazing I want the soundtrack badly lol.
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Jul 1, 2014 12:54 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Ratohnhaketon said:

The end scene was really emotionally compelling and the music that went with it was beautiful. The way Rentarou's eyes slowly changed into him tearing up was well done and Kaji Yuki was extraordinary in those final lines.

Probably the best part about the final episode, especially how fitting Yanagi Nagi's song was. All the other scenes that were supposed to be emotional didn't deliver, but this one did. Despite me not caring too much about most of the characters or even the show itself because of the awful pacing, I admit that that scene was heartreaking. I understand what Black Bullet is, or what the story is trying to tell, but the anime couldn't live up to the original story. I haven't read much of the manga, but I was much more invested in it than with the anime. It's really too bad they tried to fit everythng into 13 episodes (much like one other notable anime this season).

And yeah, the Kisara part definitely came out of the left field.
Jul 1, 2014 12:58 PM

Apr 2014
I enjoyed all the stupid shit they kept throwing at us :D Black Bullet always made me smile xD passable show for me 5/10.
Jul 1, 2014 1:00 PM

Feb 2014
this is why you shouldn't cram lots of materials into a one-cour anime because all you'll get is something rushed and unsatisfying ... Gokukoku no Brynhildr is just another more obvious example.

However to be fair, I enjoyed Black Bullet even though its ending was rushed and I would've preferred if it was a 24 episodes anime instead of 13 episodes. I bet it would've had the chance to deliver much better than it did.

I enjoyed some of the action but most importantly the lolis and their teasing (probably the reason half people are watching this in the first place).

I give Loli Bullet a solid 7/10 .
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jul 1, 2014 1:01 PM

Mar 2014
What was number 4 on Enju's list? I want to know!
The ending was pretty satisfying imo. Let it all out Rentaro.
Good anime.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jul 1, 2014 1:01 PM
Feb 2014
Dark Kisara is so scary ;-;
Waiting for a season 2 :3
Jul 1, 2014 1:03 PM

Oct 2012
DoctorWasabi said:
Way better than No Game No Life, that show was trash.

Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

---

Anywho, enjoyed most of the show. They did rush some things but still decent overall.

7/10
Jul 1, 2014 1:03 PM
Oct 2010
Wow that final battle was awful and the way they killed off that dude felt so forced....I'd like to think they would have both remote and timed detonation in case one didn't work but w/e. Not to mention the timer just suddenly stopped working? wtf? I mean if they are going to kill off this dude they should have a better setup IMO.

The second half was kinda interesting, but this sub plot came out of no where (for me at least since my memory sucks). I actually don't ever remember her stating that she was seeking revenge for her parents but I could be wrong, the setup happened so I wasn't too surprised about the confrontation itself but kinda surprised about her whole revenge bit. Kisara's 180 in personality was kinda crazy to, but I guess that could be attributed to pent up feelings that they didn't think was necessary to disclose to us despite them needing to do so to make the scene more believable.

Overall, I think I'll give this 5.
Jul 1, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
enjoyed the series. yeah somethings came out badly and i didn't really expect/like this attitude from kisara
art/soundtrack were fabulous, story had lots of pottencial (not totally delivered but i still think it wasn't bad)

i just think that many people are tagging this as "awful" just because it seems cool to say most shows are bad and to seem intelligent, or maybe it is because the ending is noth what they expected/hoped for (the MC doesn't always have to get the bitch u know?)... whatever, i have fun watching anime
Jul 1, 2014 1:12 PM

May 2011
I think that confirms a second season with Kisara's getting killed by Rentaro in the end. Lol

anyway, the episode was perfect, A lot of deaths and Rentaro is still fucking alive.. I don't know why every time he is put into a death battle, he remains alive. :D

I really wanted to know what that mask hides behind :(
Jan 2014
Everything in this adaptation just felt so unjustified and abrupt. Sorry, this is probably one of my least favorite series this season. I give it a 2/5.

Dec 2007
What about #4, and what ab out Enju's critical corrosion rate? and what about... ?!
Jul 1, 2014 1:13 PM
Jul 2013
Does anyone know if there's an English translation of the LN for Black Bullet? Baka-Tsuki only has volume 1
Jul 1, 2014 1:14 PM

Feb 2008
This show was a mess, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. I have no idea where this tendo conspiracy came out of, it just appeared in this episode and somehow Kisara turns into evil lunatic in the span of 5 minutes. So many things are left out/rushed. At least it wasn't as bad as Mahou Sensou though...
Jul 1, 2014 1:15 PM

Sep 2008
Can I ask for second season? xD

First I was disappointed that Rentarou was useless with fight with Aldebaran,
but when I saw how Shouma's died, I glad Rentarou is alive,
but sad because of Shouma's death...
Also everything happen so quickly...

Kisara?! WTF?!
I don't really liked her,
whole series I thought about her as "Because Rentarou need love interest", "Because there must be girl in Rentarou age to one of possible love interest and rival for others girls who will show up", but this...
Just wow! I don't expected this!
I want see another season!

I don't mind RentarouxEnju,
but only as partners...
I also like RentarouxTina xD
But I want them to stay in ship like they have!
Don't want serious romance between them!
Please, no...
Well... maybe when she grown up...
But now... stay the way you are :)
Because this is cute!
And just because there are boy and girl doesn't mean they must love each other as lovers xD

Love this series!
Want more!
Jul 1, 2014 1:15 PM
Jan 2014
The keyword for this anime is "rushed", nothing surprising.
I think the ending could have been worse, so I don't really mind it.
Kind of liked Kisara's finishing blow, that was overly brutal.
The OST was enjoyable, OP was amazing thanks to fripSide, ED was also very good.
But all in all, even though I'm going to overrate this.

7/10 Overall it is.

Regardless of that, I would like a second season, even if it is rushed.
Jul 1, 2014 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
God...this was so fucking good.
It was so good.

This show really shined compared to others this season, especially for me. Sure, the universe is a little disjointed - things were vague, overcomplicated, coherence was lacking at times.

However, what made Black Bullet so good was its character development. Especially Satomi and Enju and Kisara and Tina...there's so much depth to every one of them, and sure they follow the usual stereotypes, but it's their interactions that really make them unique.

My favorite harem of the season...Tina is way too cute.

I wish we could have gotten more detail about Kisara though. Her dark past is finally being explained in this last episode, but it's not enough. She's way too awesome. There's so many backstories to discover...I wish we could have a second season, but I have a feeling this isn't so popular as I'd have liked it to be. If I feel motivated enough, I'll check out the manga.

This was so beautiful.
But then you think about her corrosion rate and ahhh... ;(

I'm gonna miss Black Bullet. Sigh.
Overall, 7/10.
fishergirl16Jul 1, 2014 1:35 PM
Jul 1, 2014 1:31 PM
Feb 2014
Ah... this was a disappointment for me... probably because i liked the first few episodes... the problem was that, i ignored the rushed and unexplained parts in the beginning, thinkin they would expand the story a bit more later... I didn't know they actually rushed the explanation bits... i thought the explanation bts came later... i was wrong

So, as each episode passed, and i expected more, and got less, my enjoyment just spiralled downwards...

Sigh... i'm giving this series a 5/10... wated to give a 4, but Kagetane was a pretty cool villain, and the first few episodes were pretty nice to watch, so the whole thing somewhat balances out to 5.

Edit: forgot to mention abt this episode xp... well, the battle was... meh... just felt like this showcase of all the chaacters skills here and there... the Kisara duel was... unexpected... now I dont know what to think abt her character -_-... finally, i have to admt the last scene on the train was pretty good. Too bad the build up for that scene in all the previous episodes didnt do so good, or else that scene wouldve had more impact.

Gonna read the manga now to compare!
Duri1nJul 1, 2014 1:36 PM
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Pages (11) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

397 by Karva1 »»
Mar 3, 7:32 AM

Poll: » Best Girl? ( 1 2 3 )

Blind_Guardian - May 17, 2014

105 by proxima16 »»
Dec 22, 2023 6:47 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Jun 24, 2014

238 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 30, 2023 3:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.