Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Can sombody give a quick explanation about the relationship between Marry, her Grandmother, the Snake and the Daze?

Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 29, 2014 3:10 AM

Jun 2013
I haven't followed the other works but have roughly a gist of what was going on. The only thing I don't understand, how do we get from Medusa making the wish of a never ending world, which I thought was the Daze, to having Marry become a queen and causing a constantly repeating world.

Also I still don't get who was Medusa, and who was the antagonist snake that people call Kuroha? Why did this one immortal creature exist? How did one of the snakes get its own sentience and the ability to trick Medusa into making the wish. Are these questions just like the Gates in Darker than Black in that they will not be answered, or were they answered in one of the other mediums.
Jun 29, 2014 3:36 AM
Jul 2010
0. Azami, the original Medusa, wished for a world where she and her family could live forever more. However, that decision only hurt people around her, so she decided to leave the real world, towards the Daze. Years later, Shion and Marry died in August 15th. Azami gave the Queen Snake ability (Combining Eyes) to Marry so she could continue to live.

After being "rescued" by Seto who brought her over to Mekakushi Dan, she lived her life happily. However, the Clearing Snake continued to kill her friends. Marry wished to be able to stay with her friends forever so she continued creating time-loops. I assume that because she is not a full Medusa, she cannot create worlds. She can only create time-loops. However, every time she looped, the Snake continued to kill her friends. Thus the tragedy didn't end.

1. Medusa is the name of a race. In Greek myth, it is a monster which has snakes growing out from its hair. Azami is a full medusa, Shion is a half-medusa, and Marry is a quarter-medusa.

2. The antagonist snake is called by Snake of Clearing Eyes. Kuroha is born because that snake possessed Konoha's body.

3. Simply put, the Clearing Snake exists because of people's wishes that it wants to fulfill. It exists as a part of Azami. When there are no wishes anymore, it vanishes. Well, you can probably say that it just wants to stay alive.

4. Actually, all snakes have their own sentience, but the Clearing Snake is the smartest one.

Mekakucity Actors is not a stand-alone anime, but an extension of Kagerou Project. It exists as one of the routes in the story. Manga, light novel, anime, and the songs all have different routes and endings. MCA is just one of those routes.

I did my best, so sorry if I made any mistakes!
Jun 29, 2014 10:22 AM
Nov 2011
Archdaine said:
0. Azami, the original Medusa, wished for a world where she and her family could live forever more. However, that decision only hurt people around her, so she decided to leave the real world, towards the Daze. Years later, Shion and Marry died in August 15th. Azami gave the Queen Snake ability (Combining Eyes) to Marry so she could continue to live.

After being "rescued" by Seto who brought her over to Mekakushi Dan, she lived her life happily. However, the Clearing Snake continued to kill her friends. Marry wished to be able to stay with her friends forever so she continued creating time-loops. I assume that because she is not a full Medusa, she cannot create worlds. She can only create time-loops. However, every time she looped, the Snake continued to kill her friends. Thus the tragedy didn't end.

1. Medusa is the name of a race. In Greek myth, it is a monster which has snakes growing out from its hair. Azami is a full medusa, Shion is a half-medusa, and Marry is a quarter-medusa.

2. The antagonist snake is called by Snake of Clearing Eyes. Kuroha is born because that snake possessed Konoha's body.

3. Simply put, the Clearing Snake exists because of people's wishes that it wants to fulfill. It exists as a part of Azami. When there are no wishes anymore, it vanishes. Well, you can probably say that it just wants to stay alive.

4. Actually, all snakes have their own sentience, but the Clearing Snake is the smartest one.

Mekakucity Actors is not a stand-alone anime, but an extension of Kagerou Project. It exists as one of the routes in the story. Manga, light novel, anime, and the songs all have different routes and endings. MCA is just one of those routes.

Great explanation =D Just wanted to say that I heard that the name "Clearing Eyes" is a english mistranslation and that the right name is "Wide Eyes" or something like that =D
Jun 29, 2014 7:02 PM

Jun 2013
Archdaine said:

So are there other monster races? I know who Medusa is in context of Greek Mythology, but Kagerou seems to be a normal real world where no fantasy exists, until poof you have Azami and her snakes. So is the implication there are others like her just in hiding.

Thanks for clearing up the connection.
Jun 29, 2014 7:17 PM
Jul 2010
krownklown said:
Archdaine said:

So are there other monster races? I know who Medusa is in context of Greek Mythology, but Kagerou seems to be a normal real world where no fantasy exists, until poof you have Azami and her snakes. So is the implication there are others like her just in hiding.

Thanks for clearing up the connection.

I think so... Medusa is just the focus of the story. Kagerou exists because Azami created it.
Jun 30, 2014 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
Okay so its like - there is a real world with humans and monster, one of the monsters comes upon the humans and eventually creates her own world, but in the original world they could be others. Ok, got it.

Last question, I get LN and the manga, but what are the songs everyone keeps on talking about? Are they like Music Videos or something?
Jun 30, 2014 3:13 AM
Jul 2010
krownklown said:
Okay so its like - there is a real world with humans and monster, one of the monsters comes upon the humans and eventually creates her own world, but in the original world they could be others. Ok, got it.

Last question, I get LN and the manga, but what are the songs everyone keeps on talking about? Are they like Music Videos or something?

Yup. Kagerou Project is just a series of Vocaloid songs to begin with. It begins with Jinzou Enemy (Jin's first work and the first song in KagePro) and ends in Summertime Record.

However, with its popularity booming after the release of Kagerou Days (the third song), I think that's when things start to get serious for Jin, with all the manga release and light novel release.

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.