Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2008 11:23 AM

Jan 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Highlights for this episode:
BATTER SHOYU!
Tosei being serious. :O
More spoilers in the preview thanks to Chiyo.
Jan 28, 2008 1:16 PM

May 2007
This adds nothing to the discussion but: I love this show to an unreasonable degree.

I am so proud of and happy for Mihashi for being so composed and enthusiastic... aren't you?! Awww, how our baby has grown!

P.S. *sends out brain waves to Central Anime, begging for the rest of the season today* ;)
Jan 28, 2008 3:52 PM

Jan 2008
lowellagain said:
This adds nothing to the discussion but: I love this show to an unreasonable degree.

I am so proud of and happy for Mihashi for being so composed and enthusiastic... aren't you?! Awww, how our baby has grown!

P.S. *sends out brain waves to Central Anime, begging for the rest of the season today* ;)

I agree whole heartedly, this really is a great show that should not be overlooked. It'd be great if the subs would come out sooner, but that be asking too much when it comes to this show, I've been watching it since spring 07.
Jan 28, 2008 8:43 PM

Jan 2007
lol, i loved how everyone looked at the 3rd base runner after the timeout.
Jan 29, 2008 1:06 AM

May 2007
I can't help but laughing hysterically during each episode. As I told one of my friends, this is definitely not an anime I can watch when my youngest daughter has already gone to sleep. I wake her up with my table slapping and ungodly laughter. This also comes from a person who doesn't like baseball.. and here I am, on the edge of my seat, watching each episode and crying from how much I laugh during.

I'm really hoping that Saizen will do a mass release. While I appreciate Central's releases.. I enjoy Saizen's a bit more. I'm only watching them this second time through, for the humour value, and the enjoyment I get from the fansubs themselves. ^_^ Thanks to Saizen, ive become quite the 'sports anime' watcher.. which shocks and amazes most people I know. LOL!
Jan 30, 2008 5:22 PM

Oct 2007
the reason releases are slow and come out in batches is cause central anime is doing it as they order the dvds.

anyway i cant believe tousei caught up in one episode =(

ps: mihashi looked hot when he was on the bench with the cloth on his eyes. i guess even he can look hot when he's not making hysterical faces haha.

i love this show to death <3 thoughi got a little lost in the baseball terminology this episode~
Jan 31, 2008 2:25 AM

May 2007
*nod* Central's pace is completely understandable -- and if anything, MUCH appreciated. =) =) =) The 4 latest episodes have been making my days. =)

Go Nishiura!
May 21, 2009 1:10 PM

Jul 2008
No bad, but hopefully they will regain the lead.
Oct 18, 2010 9:04 PM

Sep 2008
It's about time they start losing.
I loved how they all looked at the third runner though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2010 4:42 AM

Feb 2009
lowell said:

QFT! I feel the same way about Mihashi.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Feb 25, 2011 1:22 AM

Jan 2011
I have watched this since 2 weeks ago but haven't memories their name.
Anyway, I think this anime has very amusing artwork

ps: I don't know how to put that below the line so, please help me by send me message
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Mar 26, 2011 7:34 PM

Aug 2010
They do an episode about every 1 to 2 innings so if this is episode 19 they will finsh at like 24? So they wont play another game this is just guessing but at most they will have 2 games on ookiku furikabutte season 2 so most likely they will lose the tournament? This isn't for sure and i dont want to know the outcome and im afaird to find this answer for fear it might tell me the ending.

But how many basball games are in this series season one and two?
Aug 2, 2011 10:28 AM

Nov 2007
Wheww, just a tie. Kawai hasn't quite gotten the hang of Mihashi's fastballs yet.

Mihashi is honestly such a cute kid.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Dec 2, 2012 8:45 PM

Jul 2011
LOL. "Third base runner!"
-everyone stares at the runner- XD

I hope they win. I really want them to win. T_T

ChaosLegion said:
lowell said:

QFT! I feel the same way about Mihashi.

Hell yes.
Sep 22, 2013 2:20 AM

Jun 2011
lowell said:

maxcherry715 said:

I agree wholeheartedly, this really is a great show that should not be overlooked.

These! I totally have to start advertising this show in my siggy ^^
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 1, 2014 4:21 AM

May 2012
It's funny when everyone looked back at the 3rd base runner.. haha. The meditation really helped. This is my 2nd time to watch and still never gets tired of it.. really love this show.
Jan 5, 2014 4:20 PM

Aug 2009
Faust721 said:

this.

May 25, 2014 6:55 PM
Mar 2014
It sucks that there losing, but I like it since it shows how quickly a baseball game can change pace. Of course I still think they'll win but there wouldn't be enough drama in the game if it was an easy win, nor would I want it to be easy for them. All of them undergo some good character development during the course of a two hour game.

p.s. anyone else get pissed off with Tousei's cheering section, cause for some reason I do. Maybe it's they way they all look the same or just because I'm cheering for Nishuira so much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2014 10:45 PM

Apr 2014
Personal headcanon: the ending theme song is Abe's POV. Or at least the chorus. It's weird, 'cause I think we're meant to think sometimes that Abe is an analytical creature (which he is) but he's also intensely emotional -- and I think the 'inspires me' 'you taught me to not give up' is incredibly accurate to this Tosei game.

Overthinkers gonna overthink. (>v6)ノ~☆

Pffffffffffffffff [brain overload from pitch + hit analysis. laugh to cooldown] Third runner! =◇

Once again praising the dub. Ren's great (whomever is VA was seems to finally catch on to his personality and way of speaking), Abe's great (woo hoo! higher pitched and expresses himself different from his seiyuu but carries across his personality), and all of Nishiura's great (née Hamada 'cause *headpalm*). Sakaeguchi's a pleasant surprise -- waaaay different from his seiyuu but he has this wonderful friendliness that's all him. And Tosei's Junta, Kawai, and Coach are p. great.

Yeah. (⌒▽⌒)
Mar 31, 2015 10:40 PM

Feb 2015
Faust721 said:
Apr 23, 2015 2:08 PM

Aug 2013
Mihashi was trying so hard to shout out loud at the end, that scene was so heartbreaking. They all exert themselves to the utmost to win this match. At this rate I don't think I will be able to stand it if they lose. :(
Feb 21, 2019 7:32 AM

Feb 2013
Damn, they lost the lead!
Jul 21, 2021 3:07 AM

Dec 2020
tosei catched up damnn we're nearing the climax of this game now, but the teams still on !!! in a bit of a shock but mihashi reassured them at the end :D
Jul 27, 2021 7:36 PM

Aug 2018
lizzziziz said:
tosei catched up damnn we're nearing the climax of this game now, but the teams still on !!! in a bit of a shock but mihashi reassured them at the end :D
do you know why Tajima gulp around 4:35 he mentions it?
Jul 27, 2021 7:44 PM

Dec 2020
Gurifisu-Femto said:
lizzziziz said:
ahh im not really sure but maybe he's surprised by how happy and energetic mihashi looks?
Jul 27, 2021 7:59 PM

Aug 2018
lizzziziz said:
Gurifisu-Femto said:
ahh im not really sure but maybe he's surprised by how happy and energetic mihashi looks?
he was surprised they are still on the same game after over 15 episodes, is one game the whole series? No wonder funimation lost money on this anime

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 8 Discussion

Trie - Aug 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 7 Discussion

Faust721 - Aug 11, 2007

32 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 6 Discussion

zq - Dec 11, 2007

19 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 4 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 18, 2007

20 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 27, 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.