Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 1, 2014 4:08 PM

Dec 2013
Just because you didn't like doesn't mean that the show really is bad, gotcha'?
Jul 1, 2014 4:17 PM
Feb 2013
SolviteSekai said:
This show is for lack of a better word, trash.

It's rushed, and even when it isn't rushed, the premise is really dumb.

You have giant ninja dudes with buster swords fighting with gunman dolphin loli girls and shit.

How is this shit rated 7.8? I mean I know everything gets rated highly on mal, but even fucking DxD and other decent to good shows cant get this high.

Someone explain to me why I'm not getting it, because I'm a cynical dick and sometimes I just am too hard on things.

I'll return the question to you, why is NGNL number 18 of the top anime when it is just self-fulfillment garbage with gary stu MC and writing that is also awful.
see, i can also do that .
Jul 1, 2014 4:26 PM
Feb 2013
kikohunter said:
Silent_Sword said:
Same reason as shows like AoT, SAO and NGNL. I think most of the drama and plot twists in this didn't really surprise me, they just make me laugh.

Please don't compare this trash to AoT and NGNL because tthey were both actually good it's just the hype that gets to people. But Black Bullet is absolute shit.

People actually think that NGNL is good? oh god, black bullet and NGNL are both self-fulfilling garbage that panders to the lowest of all low just that one is an MC that never loses because lolplotarmor while the other one is surrounded by lolis only to get killed the day after just for the MC to suffer.
Jul 1, 2014 4:40 PM

Jul 2013
balongbitz said:
kikohunter said:

Please don't compare this trash to AoT and NGNL because tthey were both actually good it's just the hype that gets to people. But Black Bullet is absolute shit.

People actually think that NGNL is good? oh god, black bullet and NGNL are both self-fulfilling garbage that panders to the lowest of all low just that one is an MC that never loses because lolplotarmor while the other one is surrounded by lolis only to get killed the day after just for the MC to suffer.

People don't seem to mind wish-fulfillment when the main character is really strong and cool, it seems. See Sword Art Online.
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 1, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2009
How a person rates it isn't generalized and depends on their own internal rating system. I usually never rate anything 5 or lower because those animes I would have dropped before episode 3 already so there is no point in rating it. If someone finishes an anime and rates it 5 or lower, then they are over exaggerating how much they dislike it or they are masochistic; why would someone watch an entire season of an anime they think is a failure.

Doesn't this make you hungry?
Jul 1, 2014 4:42 PM

Apr 2011
People with better taste than you, clearly.
Jul 1, 2014 4:45 PM
Feb 2013
JabonHR said:
balongbitz said:

People don't seem to mind wish-fulfillment when the main character is really strong and cool, it seems. See Sword Art Online.

That also pisses me since vocal faggots here in MAL especially the internet treated that anime as if it was the second coming of christ.
Jul 1, 2014 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
Does it even matter? If you dont like the anime then dont watch it, forget about it, in the end its all about opinions.
Jul 1, 2014 4:46 PM
May 2014
balongbitz said:
kikohunter said:

At least NGNL is a good adaption of a LN compared to this shit called Black Bullet that is so godamn rushed, going at light year speed and adapting an arc in two episodes not to mention how ridiculous the premise sounds when it shoves us sexualized ten year old kids on our face and pretends to be serious with a light mood one second and the next a super heavy "this is the end of the world" mood. Also you say that NGNL has "poor writing" but at least ir doesn't have obvious plot holes that a ten year old would call bullshit on like in Black Bullet where an MC dies and revives in the same episode.

Edit: Alsp please don't use the "self fullfillment" garbage argument because then every single anime with a strong MC could be a "self fullfilment" show.
kikohunterJul 1, 2014 4:52 PM
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jul 1, 2014 4:56 PM
Feb 2013
kikohunter said:
balongbitz said:

At least NGNL is a good adaption of a LN compared to this shit called Black Bullet that is so godamn rushed, going at light year speed and adapting an arc in two episodes not to mention how ridiculous the premise sounds when it shoves us sexualized ten year old kids on our face and pretends to be serious with a light mood one second and the next a super heavy "this is the end of the world" mood. Also you say that NGNL has "poor writing" but at least ir doesn't have obvious plot holes that a ten year old would call bullshit on like in Black Bullet where an MC dies and revives in the same episode.

Giving me reasons like adaptations is not the show's fault but it is the fault of the studio adapting the show. And shoving us tits and ass by little girls and cowtits(see shiro and steph and every female characters in NGNL) is what NGNL also does. And heck i am not talking about black bullet being good since i am well aware that it is really bad but calling NGNL masterpiece just because it has a glorious adaption make you look like a giant faggot.
Jul 1, 2014 5:02 PM
May 2014
@balongbitz

Except I never called NGNL a masterpiece I only wrote that NGNL is better than BB and alright then fanservice aside, BB still suffers from all the other faults I wrote and it is the studio's fault but it still makes BB a bad show BECAUSE it is a horrible adaption. It had great potential, but it ended up being really bad which is what most people hate about it me included.

Edit: I also thing NGNL is overrated on here but at least the score is dropping really fast so there is only a little to worry about that.
kikohunterJul 1, 2014 5:07 PM
Jul 1, 2014 5:29 PM

Dec 2012
SolviteSekai said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

I agree with much of what you are saying; as a female I too am largely uninterested in loli-characters, and they usually do ruin the show. Kagetane would probably be my main reason for ever picking up a second season of this, although if the possible second season were to take after the train scene more often then I would ultimately enjoy it more thoroughly. ^^

by the train scene you mean the over dramatic crying?

yeah anime needs more grimdark bullshit.

I thought they did a good job with that scene considering...
full Black Bullet spoilers -
Jul 1, 2014 5:33 PM

Dec 2013
This show wasn't that bad. I agree that it should be rated lower (I rated it a 7) but still there were a few decent aspects eg animation and action.
Jul 1, 2014 5:48 PM
Oct 2013
You'd have thought that by now people had learned to differentiate "I enjoy this show" from "This show is good".
Jul 1, 2014 5:49 PM
Dec 2012
Eh I give it a 6/10 for wasted potential, but than again 13 episode animes tend to be terrible because they will almost always feel rushed. if your gonna attempt to do a good adaptation at least give the anime 24-26 episodes like damn.

Also considering it seems as if animes get renewed based on source material sales from what I'm told I wonder if some studios just seem to think that they should release only half way decent adaptations so that people will just end up reading the manga/ln because everyone is like but the source material is better.

TL;DR make show mediocre to sell LNs/Manga because they better.
Jul 1, 2014 6:16 PM
May 2014
Vepenar said:
Eh I give it a 6/10 for wasted potential, but than again 13 episode animes tend to be terrible because they will almost always feel rushed. if your gonna attempt to do a good adaptation at least give the anime 24-26 episodes like damn.

Also considering it seems as if animes get renewed based on source material sales from what I'm told I wonder if some studios just seem to think that they should release only half way decent adaptations so that people will just end up reading the manga/ln because everyone is like but the source material is better.

TL;DR make show mediocre to sell LNs/Manga because they better.

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens a lot more with LNs adaption because they're less popular than manga by far. It's a good marketing choice but a shit thing to happen for us western viewers.
Jul 1, 2014 6:23 PM

Feb 2013
Because unlike casual OP, the majority of the MAL ratings are based off plain enjoyment and not an analytical analysis of why everything I dislike is shit tier.
Jul 1, 2014 6:27 PM

Apr 2009
6/10 in my book. It was too rushed in the end unfortunately. Show is rated high cuz people like their loli..........
Jul 1, 2014 6:50 PM

Feb 2014
This series just ended of course this is the time the viewers are gonna change their thought on the series. Either give it 10/10 or 0/10 let's just see the final score to it rather than making a thread about how overrated this show is....
[center][center]

Jul 1, 2014 7:00 PM
May 2010
I rated this a 9..
problem?
Jul 1, 2014 7:19 PM
Oct 2011
Gotta agree with OP, this show is just rushed and generic shit that lacks any kind of depth. People have started to overrate series more easily. This used to happen with only moe crap but now it has spread to every genre. :/
Jul 1, 2014 7:33 PM
May 2014
Lennevalkyrie said:
I rated this a 9..
problem?

The masses have this rated as 7.7..
Problem?
Jul 1, 2014 7:41 PM

Apr 2011
SolviteSekai said:

You have giant ninja dudes with buster swords fighting with gunman dolphin loli girls and shit.

How is this shit rated 7.8? I mean I know everything gets rated highly on mal, but even fucking DxD and other decent to good shows cant get this high.

Someone explain to me why I'm not getting it, because I'm a cynical dick and sometimes I just am too hard on things.

I can think of 3 Overrated shit shows:

Bakemonogatari

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica

Nisekoi

But in the meantime I'll use your rage tears as lube for my next jerk off session.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 1, 2014 7:43 PM

Dec 2013
i would just like to chime in that this show was certifiable swill. and is thus far the worst written anime i've had the displeasure to watch. if you rate this above average (5) you have absolute shit for taste.
Jul 1, 2014 7:44 PM

Apr 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisekoi

But in the meantime I'll use your rage tears as lube for my next jerk off session.
Or maybe you just hate Shaft
Jul 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2011
Cupquake said:
HungLikeaZombie said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisekoi

I like Shaft. I like Nisekoi, and Denpa Ona
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jul 1, 2014 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
HungLikeaZombie said:
Cupquake said:

I like Shaft. I like Nisekoi, and Denpa Ona
Wut?
Jul 1, 2014 7:57 PM
May 2014
Nisekoi is overrated garbage but Bakemonogatari and PMMM aren't overrated you're one of the rare dudes I've ever seen that thinks those two are overrated.
Jul 1, 2014 8:02 PM

Apr 2013
kikohunter said:
Nisekoi is overrated garbage but Bakemonogatari and PMMM aren't overrated you're one of the rare dudes I've ever seen that thinks those two are overrated.
Actually, a lot of people think Madoka and monogatari especially are overrated. I personally love both series, but some people obviously don't like the dialogue-heavy nature of monogatari. Plus the copious amounts of fanservice is a turn off for those who aren't into ecchi.
Jul 1, 2014 8:05 PM

Apr 2010
Wow, I expected the rank to drop well over 1500, it stayed the same? This show had some promise at the start then turned out quite poor. I'm amazed that it didn't drop, there were plenty of better shows this season. Are people really into lolis THAT much?? Cause there really was nothing to this show other than that for 80% of it..
Jul 1, 2014 8:11 PM

Jan 2011
I like this show better when it focuses on people fighting each other rather than against giant bugs, even if one of them is a blonde loli.
Jul 1, 2014 8:37 PM

Dec 2013
is there sth wrong with MAL score? the score didnt even change a bit after the last episode
Jul 1, 2014 8:50 PM

Mar 2008
Who is rating this shit highly?
I am. (テヘペロ☆)
Jul 1, 2014 8:57 PM
Apr 2011
Gave it a 9.

Only gripes with it were the heavy use of well-hated tropes.

1-Teenagers becoming president of the entire damn city/country and that kinda shit just needs to end
2-WTF morality system that teaches it's wrong to avenge the death of thousands by killing the people who really had it coming for them and killing is never right bs

In reality I think it only deserves a 6 or 7 because of these issues, but it was an enjoyable ride and fighting lolis <3 so for fitting within my tastes I probably rated it higher than I should.
Jul 1, 2014 9:06 PM

Jun 2014
HungLikeaZombie said:
SolviteSekai said:

Bakemonogatari

Nisekoi

HAHAHAHA!
Jul 1, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2012
Well in my opinion, This show could have been better, but apparently it doesnt. So basically, its not a piece of poop in garbage of trash can, probably just a piece of poop.

There are some moments it's glorious ( close enoughhhh) but most of it just rather meh. The main problem here is not the storyline, it have a very decent plot to begin with, but for me, Rentarou is the one that brings the show down.
“They stood together in a false intimacy, a nervous contact. And he was in love with her.”
― D.H. Lawrence, Women in Love

Jul 1, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2010
I've noticed some of the people rating this high have loli avatars. Nothing needs to be explained, loli fans unite!

I gave it a 5 personally, even bringing back the best character in the series couldn't save it.
Jul 1, 2014 10:05 PM

Dec 2009
antonnn said:
I've noticed some of the people rating this high have loli avatars. Nothing needs to be explained, loli fans unite!

I gave it a 5 personally, even bringing back the best character in the series couldn't save it.

Yep, the power of assumption amiright?
Jul 1, 2014 10:08 PM

Dec 2012
A 6 at best is what I'd give it
Jul 1, 2014 10:13 PM
May 2014
Jouten said:
antonnn said:

I guess OP will be happy since today the score has started dropping heavily from 7.80 to 7.75
Jul 1, 2014 10:14 PM

Apr 2013
Jouten said:
antonnn said:

well since everything else is subpar/horrible it has to be because of soundtrack, animation or lolis.. no other explanation.
Jul 1, 2014 10:28 PM

Aug 2012
Thread Locked

We seem to never have an end to these sort of "Why is X rated so highly/lowly?" threads.
And as you can see... yeah.

For the sake of everyone not getting sucked into endless arguments for an infinity amount of pages, please post here:
[Possible Spoilers] Most Overrated/Underrated Anime V. 3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2014

434 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 14, 5:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.