Available on Manga Store
New
How would you rate MCA as a whole
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 1, 2014 5:24 AM

Jun 2012
5/5
I love this show, this was the best for me this spring,
as the story progressed it hooked me further in the show, I really enjoyed watching every single episode of it so I'd give it 5/5
Jul 12, 2014 9:46 PM

Jan 2013
5.5/10, it has few nice characters, Ene is super cute and overwall story is ok but everything else is bad. It's poorly explained, some episodes are dragged out while others are rushed, some things just don't make sense (Or are at least left unexplained), characters sometimes act out of character, Characters relationship is very shallow, They tried to give equal focus to all characters and ended up not giving enough focus to any of them, ending is especially rushed, and background graphic is just too awful.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 26, 2014 11:38 AM

Sep 2011
Probably a 2/5 at this rate...
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 26, 2014 6:33 PM

Mar 2014
I was generous and gave it a 5/10 since I already loved the characters, also Jin+Lia+Shidu combo for the ed song ;v;)b
I really wish someone else would have adapted this anime and later..
For a series that's already pretty popular, a studio such as shaft, great directors.. I had great expectations, I sincerely believed this had the chance to be a great anime adaption. just no.
If I didn't treat this show the same as watching a doujin work it would've been painful to watch. I'm sorry Jin.
I really wish for a better novel and manga ending, the anime one was so bad
Jul 31, 2014 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
Probably 6/10.

Ok. It had great potential at the beginning but the arc-like pattenr it used CLEARLY failed with its time restriction. It was terrible. The characters were ill-fleshed out and the animation was really. really unsuitable, since the dialogues were also uninteresting(unless you already had a bias for the characters).

However, the character design, style of animation, and music still gives it a 6/10, considering 4 to be average that is.
Aug 1, 2014 7:39 AM
Jul 2014
As a fan of the source material who waited many months before the grand release of Mekakucity Actors I have to admit I was disappointed, I expected an anime with similar vibes as the Monogatari series however I instead got a rushed and cliche anime that developed and built almost nothing.

If I didn't know the source material it would have been an easy 2/5 or 1/5, but I can't get myself to rate something I love and enjoy so much that low, so I give it a 3/5 which is really high considering Shaft's Theory of CGI.
Aug 1, 2014 7:06 PM
Jun 2013
4/5

Because it has good music in it u.u
I couldn't understend shit about the plot, the characters have cool designs though

Edit: Forgot to mention, Mari's seiyuu has the cutest voice in the world!!1!
BiscoitoAug 1, 2014 7:18 PM
Aug 1, 2014 7:23 PM

Sep 2011
Biscoito said:
4/5

Because it has good music in it u.u
I couldn't understend shit about the plot, the characters have cool designs though

Edit: Forgot to mention, Mari's seiyuu has the cutest voice in the world!!1!

It is Marry. Also, that's just Kana Hanazawa, the most overused voice in the industry; never the less cute though.

Also, Just THAT warrants a 4/5?
Aug 3, 2014 2:09 AM

Dec 2013
I gave it a 8/10 but in this scale it would be a 4/5. I thought over all it was really good. The characters, for the most part were great and each was interesting in their own way. I liked the plot and story line a lot cause it was able to inter-twain the overall plot of what was happening while also connecting each character which I thought was a pretty elaborate setup. I loved the art style just cause it kept me alert and sometimes the metaphores were really clever and interesting to me.

Downfall of the series is it was rushing. As in maybe if they made this 13 episodes instead of 12 it could've been better cause some parts aren't explained and some situations aren't detailed enough. Like towards the end everything is just pushed really quickly which I thought sucked but in the end I was most satisfied.
Examining one series under the magnifying glass at a time.
Aug 3, 2014 2:37 AM

Aug 2014
3/5. I would recommend that everyone give it a watch through though. It's a great binge watch.
-----------------------------
"There is a lot happening right now." - Me, entering Walmart for the first time.

"Imma dice this b***. Imma slice this b****. Imma ice this b****. I don't like this b****. Imma fight this b****." - Zebra Katz
Aug 6, 2014 11:14 AM

Sep 2011
AnimeLaver01 said:
This is seriously for OPEN-MINDED people .. you'll just give yourself a headache if you watch this anime ... PERSONALLY ... A PERFECT 5/5 FOR ME !!! I REALLY LOVE ALL THAT HAPPENED IN THE ANIME AND ... I think this anime just saved my life :D
This will be on my top favorites for sure !!! I LOVE .. AYANO !!!

Edit : .. so many bashers all around the area .. what the heck .. is this discrimination or something !? .. you don't understand a thing but the series provided all the details !! This is the problem of most people .. Easy to understand : PRAISE .. Hard to understand : BASH ... ahh .. so irritating ... Third-rates .. (no offense.. but its True.)

We're not "hating." At least not in the way it's conventionally used to decry blind hate of a popular series. No. The series just had poor foreshadowing, wasted too much time and didn't develop the important characters(marry and shintaro etc). These are signs of a bad show. Signs that people watched it can tell that the show isn't well written.

Oh... You're fourteen and you have Date A Love on your favorite list... Never mind
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.