Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2014 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, that Battle Board race was fast. Took like 1 minute.

Uh we get more bonding moments between the siblings. Saw that coming from miles away. Oh well, at least Shizuku looked cute in her outfit, sort of. The other matches were better I guess although still felt fast. Shizuku~

Morisaki has too much pride though.
Jun 28, 2014 8:57 AM

Nov 2007
The three got nice result from their first competitions.

Oh, so the school they are fighting against includes Matsuoka-san's character. The shooting caught him attention to main guy's school.

Special trick on the board race and crying from happiness after winning.

Wow @ ice shootings. He got lots of girls' attentions, and got a guy furious.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 28, 2014 10:23 AM

Jul 2013
Pretty rushed episode. Skipped a lot of exposition and character development for other characters. This arc will be over in 2-3 episodes at the speed it's going.
Jun 28, 2014 10:27 AM

Mar 2013
What a mess.

Jun 28, 2014 10:32 AM

Apr 2013
Yawnnnnn. Tatsuya is a god and does everything. Girls are all over his balls. Other guys get jealous. Rinse and repeat 5 times an episode while throwing in some "Onii-samas". This is literally the same formula for every episode.

Let down of the season. I would actually argue that this show has too inflated of a score compared to NGNL's bloated score. It is just that terrible. Surprisingly, the fanservice may be the only thing that is actually keeping me going.
dankzelJun 28, 2014 3:09 PM
Jun 28, 2014 10:36 AM

Feb 2009
More of "Tatsuya is awesome" "Tatsuya is god" "Tatsuya subarashii" "Tatsuya have my baby" stuff. It's too suffocating.
They even made did it in the "in your face" sort of way with Morisaki in the end, though that was oddly satisfying. And those lines in the end. Kind of a big death flag for him(considering what will happen next, it might as well be).

And First High too OP. And they're even worried about the results at this point. I pity all the other schools if they knew that First High was worrying like that.
Tatsuya finally meets SuzakuMasaki there. I kinda expected there would be more distance between them given the illustration in the LN.
At this pace, I'm doubting we'll get to Yokohama now. Volume 5 seems like a better place to end it.
We'll see I guess.

Are your bodies ready for Mahouka and SAO airing in the same season?
Jun 28, 2014 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
Can I anticipate more "dropped" comments now that it seems people have designated this the worse show of the spring or will we have to go through this "This is terrible" phase all over again for the rest of the episodes? I would think it'd be easier to just stop watching rather than getting disappointed every week for the next 13 weeks.
Jun 28, 2014 10:47 AM
Oct 2012
For those tired of the "oniisama" count, I have a new competition. "How many different style tables do people sit/stand around to talk about things"

I counted 4 in the first 12 minutes, 7 overall.

Anyway, finally a proper ending to an episode that makes you look forward to the next episode.

Edit: Nosubs comments today were pretty funny in context, when Miyuki's opponent was introduced a couple of the postings were "what is this pokeman" and "As for me my name is N".

Takuan_SohoJun 28, 2014 10:54 AM
Jun 28, 2014 10:54 AM

May 2014
millie10468 said:
Can I anticipate more "dropped" comments now that it seems people have designated this the worse show of the spring or will we have to go through this "This is terrible" phase all over again for the rest of the episodes? I would think it'd be easier to just stop watching rather than getting disappointed every week for the next 13 weeks.

But some admitted that watching and bashing it is way more fun the anime itself,so we are stuck with them,maybe until SAO 2 airs :)
Jun 28, 2014 11:08 AM

Feb 2009
Takuan_Soho said:
Edit: Nosubs comments today were pretty funny in context, when Miyuki's opponent was introduced a couple of the postings were "what is this pokeman" and "As for me my name is N".
Himado comments were more of "Sasuga Oniisama". Some were saying "Big" and "Oppai" with Honoka's closeups.
This is why I enjoy watching raw sometimes.
Jun 28, 2014 11:12 AM

Apr 2014
>Most anticipated anime of the season
or Mahou Sensou v.2 should I call this..
Jun 28, 2014 11:23 AM

May 2014
Z4k said:

Wasn't DAL 2 the most anticipated anime this season?And no,Mahou Sensou was shit,and everyone seems to agree with that,even Mahouka fans :)
Jun 28, 2014 11:42 AM

Jul 2010
Completely destroying others in Speed Shooting!
Third High!!!
So Tatsuya did have a reason to decline being named the developer.
Miyuki first melting the ice then breaking them!
Tatsuya is becoming even more popular.
Morisaki was extremely pissed and still thinks that weeds are inferior. The guys haven't done much for the games.
Jun 28, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2014
well well well isn't som1 getting all the hoes :D

great episode, Ice queen wrecked and Light girl was pretty alright.
Jun 28, 2014 12:11 PM

Jan 2012
Morisaki is such an arrogant narrow minded jerk... I feel like even the vice-pres is better than him...

And the 'incest' is getting seriously tiring >< didn't mind at first but now...

millie10468 said:

Haha personally I don't think it's that terrible lol Quite nice :)
But well happens to me too... keep watching a show even though it feels like torture just cause I'm hoping it might get better or cause I'm curious ^^"
Jun 28, 2014 12:13 PM

Oct 2007
millie10468 said:

I just think any mention of NGNL should be banned from the threads for this show since it has nothing to do with it and is a clear sign of inter-fanbase war baiting. That shows over now too and this one is continuing so I really don't see the point of people continuing with that nonsense.

The adaptation like pretty much everything Aniplex has produced of late has some obvious problems of half-assery and not capturing what fans liked about the source material (it's obvious just even reading comments from LN fans that a lot are underwhelmed), but the overbearing nature of some of the comments and just bashing for bashing sake is arguably more annoying and not to mention tryhard.
Jun 28, 2014 12:17 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just think any mention of NGNL should be banned from the threads for this show

So are you going to ban yourself since you generally are the first person who brings it up, you know with your obsession and all?
Jun 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
I just think any mention of NGNL should be banned from the threads for this show

So are you going to ban yourself since you generally are the first person who brings it up, you know with your obsession and all?

Except I wasn't the first person that brought it up at all and I've kind of said all I need to say on the show and it's fanbase at this point. It had it's time and it's over for now. This thread is about Mahouka, lets try to contribute to keeping it that way for once.
Jun 28, 2014 12:25 PM

Sep 2013
SHIBA "ALPHA" TATSUYA <3 10/10

Crimson Prince please kill Morsaki, thank you :)

Z4k said:

deanzel said:
Craphouka. Let down of the season. I would actually argue that this show has too high of a score compared to NGNL. It is that terrible. The fanservice is the only thing that is actually keeping me going.

Typical hypocritical, irony, moronic hate filled comments, says it sucks, the worst, unwatchable but still watches every episode and knows all characters names and everything that happened in the show down to the minute details, :O hahaha you guys are so stupid it hurts.
Jun 28, 2014 12:34 PM

May 2013
That was first episode for a long time I actually enjoyed. A plot of arc finally appeared, though it isn't very cutting-edge.
Also I feel sorry for Morisaki-kun. He is trying his best and still all girls are only looking at Tatsuya. He just can't win with the writer. And what will happen in next episode is foreseeable. The Bloom will probably be assaulted by No-Head Dragon pawns and eliminated from competition.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
Jun 28, 2014 12:35 PM

Jun 2013
Quality of eps 12 show there is some improvement if compare to other eps

but in eps 13 i don't see that.
Still enjoy this series, but you can do better madhouse!
Jun 28, 2014 12:38 PM
Oct 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Except I wasn't the first person that brought it up at all and I've kind of said all I need to say on the show and it's fanbase at this point..

My apologies on overlooking that one poster.

Though to be honest I really have no idea what his point was. The only way it would make sense would be if he thought NGNL was only comparatively better than Mahouka, not that he thought it was a great show.
Jun 28, 2014 12:40 PM

Oct 2013
I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would, even with the lack of explanations of important magics. At least, there's an explanation for why Tatsuya isn't immediately going for their Aunt. Not that many anime-only viewers will catch but but it's a relief that the anime didn't cut that like it's cut a lot of important info. I liked seeing Miyuki's Inferno. It really does look like a rank A magic.

Will people take Miyuki being distraught at Tatsuya being unable to enter the Index as a look into her character? She feels horrible about being the reason why their Aunt would stop him from entering the Index. Though when you look at it from the Silver perspective, it makes no difference whether or not he's entered into the Index. Either way, he;ll be going down in history.

Anyway, this wasn't a bad episode for me and I'm looking forward to seeing Morisaki's actions in Monolith Code as well as Masaki and Tatsuya stare-down next week.
Jun 28, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2007
Takuan_Soho said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Except I wasn't the first person that brought it up at all and I've kind of said all I need to say on the show and it's fanbase at this point..

Though to be honest I really have no idea what his point was. The only way it would make sense would be if he thought NGNL was only comparatively better than Mahouka, not that he thought it was a great show.

You'd have to ask the poster themselves, but if you ask me I doubt they thought the comment through all that much. I just chalked it up to yet another lift up one show by putting another one down style comment of the kind that this show has been dealing with for a while except typically muddled cause a lot of MAL posters don't know how to convey impression all that well. Any given show should live or die based on it's own merits and shortcomings, not those of others is the point I'm trying to make. I think there's plenty of fodder for arguments either way just by looking at Mahouka alone.
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The shady Yokohama Chinatown crew, the conversation between Tatsuya and his sister and the antagonists introducing themselves at the end, give me hope that there might actually be some sort of drama soon. This show desperately needs Tatsuya to lose at something bad to make it interesting.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 2010
Well, I can sympathize a little with Morisaki, who wouldn't get frustrated if the MC around you just do everything flawless and gets all the bitches for himself? Though, that Bloom thing he keeps saying is becoming annoying.

Also, there is need for more Erika.
Jun 28, 2014 12:55 PM

Jul 2012
Sigh that Morasaki he still can not let it go. Still being annoying with blooms and weeds.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 28, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2014

Totally not a harem.

Of course you would, he's a walking cheat machine. Why bother trying to win by your skills and be content with yourself when you can cast out your self-respect and just push the "I WIN" button ?

We know that feel, Morisaki. Too bad the author seems to hate other males who isn't Tatsuya or a girl, so here's a death (lose) flag, take it with pride.
On another serious note, i'm actually suprised they DIDN'T pull out the expositions, which make scenes a lot more enjoyable. But even then, they can't change the facts that other schools sucks, a lot. They didn't able to break, no, make a DAMN TINY CRACK on any of Shizuku or Miyuki's Ice Pillar. Nope, go out with a bang is too mainstream for them.
So it's the end of this season...the verdict: Worst show of the season.
forgiuseJun 28, 2014 1:48 PM
Jun 28, 2014 1:12 PM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
Takuan_Soho said:

You'd have to ask the poster themselves, but if you ask me I doubt they thought the comment through all that much. I just chalked it up to yet another lift up one show by putting another one down style comment of the kind that this show has been dealing with for a while except typically muddled cause a lot of MAL posters don't know how to convey impression all that well. Any given show should live or die based on it's own merits and shortcomings, not those of others is the point I'm trying to make. I think there's plenty of fodder for arguments either way just by looking at Mahouka alone.

I don't think it's that hard to understand. 95% of MAL is complaining or arguing about how inflated NGNL's score is. I was just saying/joking that it's possible that Mahouka's score might be even more inflated than NGNL's. This show is just not good. I don't think what I stated/slightly joked about is trying to incite a flame-war or anything. Don't take everything said about this show so seriously. It's the internet. If you want to ban every single person that mentions NGNL or another show in this thread and next episode discussions, then by all means, please take on that job. I sure as hell won't/nor do I even remotely care to do that work.
Jun 28, 2014 1:18 PM
Feb 2013
Oooooh Shiba is getting popular and Morisaki is getting pisses.......or jelous.
Jun 28, 2014 1:23 PM

May 2014
RazorRamona200 said:
Oooooh Shiba is getting popular and Morisaki is getting pisses.......or jelous.

More than jealous, i think it's due to pride. Come on, if it was you, wouldn't you yourself feel bad when you and your friends tried all you guys can do in a competition, even when there're people who tried to make you fail (though they didn't know that), then some genius dude just make cheat devices for the girls and let them have easy win ?

Maybe he's still a jerk with his discrimination, but he have what other girls didn't have: Self-respect ! Maybe he know Tat's talent, maybe he know that he'll win if they just need to ask Tat to do what he does. But he didn't, cause if he win that way, it's not his win, it's Tat win. And unlike other girls, he WON'T be happy with a win like that.
It's obviously he's gonna fail. But if i could bring myself to watch the next ep, i'll hope that he'll lose with his head held high.
forgiuseJun 28, 2014 1:54 PM
Jun 28, 2014 1:26 PM

Sep 2010
I feel like the main problem with this anime is the pacing and character growth..
Like nothing is ever explained. And the pacing is so bad.

The basic idea of an over-powering magician dude is really awesome to me, but when it's never explained it just get's old. I want backstory and a new ark where things actually happen and are explained..
Jun 28, 2014 1:27 PM

Jul 2010
Lol, that Morisaki guy or w/e is so pathetic.Hopefully some weak, random ''Weed'' will kick his ass.How great would that be.
Jun 28, 2014 1:28 PM

Aug 2011
forgiuse said:

Totally not a harem.

You do realize that it dosen't really matter if theres 10 or 100 girls around him while he lacks the ability to process feelings thus take any advantage out of it..

While you may realize the thing, you don't feel like taking advantage of the situation.. thats probly his only "weakness"..
Oct 2012
Overall I would have to say that this was by far the best episode, particularly from a characterization POV, the scene between Miyuki and Tatsuya was well done, none of that fake incest crap, just a sister caring for her brother as he declares his intention of breaking the Yotsuba family. Also well done was the way they finally showed the other students finally starting to get a hint that there is something off about Tatsuya's personality, though they (as they should) are starting to think it is a form of arrogance.

Liked Shizuka's explanation on why she likes Tatsuya, nice flashback. Also liked that they showed that the 3rd school has some brains, for the first time we have the inkling of an actual opponent (instead of people who just show up to get their hats handed to them).

The only thing off about the episode was the Yokohama criminal syndicate "rationale", they would not have lost a ton of money for the reasons given, in that by all accounts the 1st school should have been overwhelming favorites before the start, the odds given by any syndicate would have been equally short. Gambling for the most part is about making sure you win either way by adjusting the odds (and skimming off the top), there is no reason they should be that exposed if the prohibitive favorite wins.

Not sure how it was explained in the novel, I hope differently.

But outside of that, liked everything else, and the ending as I stated above was the first where we have anticipation for what is going to come.
Feb 2014
Not explaining how the magic used by the contestants really takes a lot of the fun out this arc. It seems like it's ''oh they won with Tatsuya's engineering skills'' but the HOW is missing.

Morisaki's still as bitter as ever XD
Jun 28, 2014 1:29 PM

Aug 2013
So, the mysterious saboteurs who injured Mari using spirit magic and inside connection ... is just a bunch of bookies trying to fix the race because too many people bet on 1st high!?

Sorry but that's so lame.
Jun 28, 2014 1:31 PM

May 2013
millie10468 said:
Anyway, this wasn't a bad episode for me and I'm looking forward to seeing Morisaki's actions in Monolith Code as well as Masaki and Tatsuya stare-down next week.

There probably wont be any actions of Morisaki in MC, because he and his friends will be likely eliminated. After all Tatsuya needs spotlight and he will be participating. Also I think that Mikihiko will be aiding him and overcoming trauma.
Jun 28, 2014 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Boring episode, too much praising... Need some more action or drama, something!
Jun 28, 2014 1:39 PM
Jul 2018
Miyuki used her magic "Inferno" to melt the ice and the break them all the ice in one go was pretty impressive.
Jun 28, 2014 1:39 PM

May 2014
il-Palazzo said:
So, the mysterious saboteurs who injured Mari using spirit magic and inside connection ... is just a bunch of bookies trying to fix the race because too many people bet on 1st high!?

Sorry but that's so lame.

Welcome to Mahouka, where villains have Team Rocket's level of intellect.

stefeman said:
While you may realize the thing, you don't feel like taking advantage of the situation.. thats probly his only "weakness"..

Does it hinder him in anyway ? No ? Then it's not a weakness.
Jun 28, 2014 1:43 PM

May 2013
forgiuse said:

Don't you dare insult Team Rocket.
Jun 28, 2014 1:44 PM

Aug 2009
Peaked in this episode from episode one. I thought I wasn't understanding anything because of missing every episode but looking at the comments, it seems they really didn't explain anything O_o I finally got it at the last battle that the objective is to destroy more ice than the other dude. Was still hard to tel who was casting what spell. They chose to fill in a flashback of "shiba is hot" rather than explaining whats going on..

Surprised this is going on for two seasons. The cliff hanger was very weak too.. Usually staffs finish a arc or hype shit up on ep.12-13
If they change that OP rip.

Will be honest though, that fanservice and art is real.
porkypinkJun 28, 2014 1:48 PM
[right]

Jun 28, 2014 1:44 PM

May 2014
jakkubus said:
forgiuse said:

Oh, my apology. Though, it's troubling me to find a term that DIDN'T insult anything else.
Jun 28, 2014 1:46 PM

Aug 2009
forgiuse said:
jakkubus said:

Oh, my apology. Though, it's troubling me to find a term that DIDN'T insult anything else.

One of the opponents looked like ash XD
[right]

Jun 28, 2014 1:49 PM
Apr 2014
So, during the match, Miyuki used the Inferno as the offensive, and the snowstorm as the defensive?
Jun 28, 2014 1:54 PM
Jul 2011
That is what I'm thinking.
About the offensive and defensive part.
The opponent had no chance.

Just look at how female students surrounds and complimenting Tatsuya.
It made it look like Morisaki very jealous of him.
Morisaki saying in the end, "I'm show Bloom is superior to Weed", dishonesty.
Jun 28, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2013
Morisaki getting a bit jealous there at the end that Tatsuya is getting a lot of attention from the girls.
Jun 28, 2014 1:57 PM

Oct 2013
SlowCast said:
So, during the match, Miyuki used the Inferno as the offensive, and the snowstorm as the defensive?

I'm pretty sure Inferno consists of both the heat and the cold. Nifllheim, the snow magic, wasn't used in this episode. It has some faux-physics explanation. Wiki it if you want.
Jun 28, 2014 2:00 PM

May 2014
rladls717 said:
Morisaki saying in the end, "I'm show Bloom is superior to Weed", dishonesty.

It's more like that's just an excuse for him, using the Bloom mask to show that he COULD be superior, and use that as strength.
Suprisingly, I understand minor characters like him more than Mr.T himself...weird...
forgiuseJun 28, 2014 11:12 PM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.