Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 28, 2014 9:50 PM

Oct 2011
To be honest I gave it a 7 only because o Ayano, I really liked her character and the fact that she revived, otherwise I would've probably scored it as 5 or 6.

Since I'm not that hateful I giving it a really nice score as you can easily tell that the shows was rushed and well....nothing special.
Jun 28, 2014 9:51 PM

Oct 2012
Okay, to be honest, I am satisfied with this episode. Although, I think it could have been split into two to avoid pacing issues. Throughout the episode, characters in the backgrounds had weird looking eyes, and it really turned me off. I hope the BDs fix this. This episode however, made me rethink a few things.

When Takane took control of that grunt's headset, I was like "WHAT?".
I guess her power isn't invincibility, but to switch back and forth between her body and electronic objects. Explains how she went back into her real body.

Also, when they revealed that Ayano's ability was to pass her emotions to others, I was taken back. Looks like Shintaro and her don't share the same power, like people theorized.

So apparently, the only way to achieve the Summertime Record ending was to have Shintaro awaken his power, and enter the Haze with insight, which didn't happen in the other timelines. I see...

I give this a 7.5/10. It would be higher if this was split into two episodes. It felt kind of rushed.
Jun 28, 2014 9:59 PM

Jan 2014
That last ep seemed kinda rushed, but it was still fine. Great show 8/10. Freaking loved the art. Dunno why people are bashing it, while NGNL gets all the praise >__>.
Jun 28, 2014 10:10 PM

Jan 2014
DoctorWasabi said:
That last ep seemed kinda rushed, but it was still fine. Great show 8/10. Freaking loved the art. Dunno why people are bashing it, while NGNL gets all the praise >__>.

the animation doesn't fit the show or at least that's what I see
Recommend me an anime
Jun 28, 2014 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
Um how did Ayano come back??? This show was so confusing and episode 12 didn't help.
Jun 28, 2014 10:21 PM

Nov 2013
WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? The show is a total bullshit. The first episode is even better than that last episode. I mean, seriously, what the hell is that? what kind of development is that?
They're rushing it too fast, I'm not even sure about that ending. I expected a better storyline from Jin, but seriously? the dark kuroha just came out of nowhere, and no less than 5 minute he lost. And mary's saiyan mode is tamed after 3 f**king unbelievable line. GOD DAMN IT SHAFT. Your nisekoi was awesome, but this. is just a no.

Well thats it for my rage.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Jun 28, 2014 10:22 PM

Jul 2012
Veeeery boring from start to finish. Characters were irritating (the only one I didn't mind was Ayano), getting sick of shaft direction style and it failed to make me interested in anything that was going on.

I though this show was finally on to something towards the end but then this happened. The finale sucks, it was all over the place and rather than building up towards important events they kept squeezing in (un)funny moments. The 'climax' was dull and felt very flat.

Didn't care enough to research the source material so everything was just confusing.

4/10.
Jun 28, 2014 10:56 PM

Feb 2012
I'm satisfied that the ending is a happy one... but, I'm so confused on how things came about.

How is it that Ayano is alive?
Is Haruka back to his normal body and ALIVE also?
What happened to Hiyori?
Is Ayano's father alive also? Coz he was with his wife during his last scene.

I saw in ending that Haruka and Hiyori is in that ending where they're in a line... so they're alive?

ugh the confusion!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 28, 2014 11:21 PM

Aug 2013
this was the last episode of the series, well I do not really expect that all my questions were answered, so I did not think the end disappoint
but the ending seemed a bit forced, perhaps because I do not know the LN or the songs, but it was kind of resolving alone and end Shintaro simply appears with Ayano to solve all, she had died and then resurge of nowhere, I will continue to follow the manga to understand better
I also got some spoilers here that eased a bit, and had a happy ending and thought it was good, but I want to better understand the plot and the series
for anyone who is not a fan and knows no the series is difficult to understand the events, but nothing that a little searching not discover
this anime was a little different than I imagined, eyes empowered, different worlds, I did not expect this, but I liked it too
it sure was a good anime, but I think only with the anime could not enjoy the whole plot of the series Kagerou Project
Jun 28, 2014 11:34 PM

Oct 2012
I was debating on how Shintaro brought Ayano back from the Haze. In the Lost Time Memory PV, when Route 01 Shintaro enters the Haze, Azami is surprised to see him there. I think that Route 01 is the anime Shintaro and Route XX is the song Shintaro. Song Shintaro was in the Haze for mourning reasons, and anime Shintaro was there to visit Ayano and Haruka. I thought Azami could have helped Shintaro since she controlled the Haze. But then I remembered that Azami passed the ability to do that to Marry.
so, yeah....

ALSO

http://puu.sh/9OPPt/c51e9b6fbd.png

:( :( :( :(

I guess I'll just edit the character bios with new info later.
Jun 28, 2014 11:52 PM

Apr 2012
Funny really all I've seen on MAL is people praising this but when we get to the last episode its now suddenly terrible. Baa anyone? It was a confusing mess that I can guess was only made for the people that already enjoyed the source material.
Jun 28, 2014 11:56 PM

Jun 2013
Wow, I have no idea what the fuck just happened, but I liked it... I think?

8/10. I simply enjoyed it for inexplicable reasons despite being confused the fuck out of. It's not logical at all.

For all of you blaming Shaft (animation/art aside), remember that Jin himself is credited with the following:

"Producer, Script, ..., Series Composition, Original Creator"

And regarding Shaft's animation and art, sure it got lazy at points and a few things could use a healthy redraw, but I liked it overall. Their outlandish visual style seemed very fitting.

Time to go watch the PVs. :)

greebo said:
Funny really all I've seen on MAL is people praising this but when we get to the last episode its now suddenly terrible. Baa anyone? It was a confusing mess that I can guess was only made for the people that already enjoyed the source material.

^ That's just everyone who withheld their comments to the end, I assume.
-Trippwire-Jun 29, 2014 12:03 AM
Jun 29, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2011
Music was the only real good thing about this. Had a moment or two of good story telling. Premise is interesting and rather cool but it basically was a complete uncoordinated mess. I like that net score of >7.5 (sarcasm).
Jun 29, 2014 12:17 AM
Jul 2013
Fencel said:
- So basically the snake ran a long, long gambit to continue to exist forever by engineering events that would lead to the creation of a new Queen, who would continually reset the world forever so that she can continue to spend time with her friends.
- By doing this, the snake can continue to exist through Kenjirou's wish endlessly, as it would never be fulfilled through the continual reset of the world.
- The creation of the daze and the deaths of those who were swallowed by the daze were all recreated by Marry in every timeline so those are the circumstances that led to Marry meeting her friends in the original timeline.
- The incomplete Queen Marry created a new snake from her feelings of wanting to relive the past, bestowing the power on Shintaro. From every timeline after that that, Shintaro has the Branding Eyes, which allows him imprint and recall all of his memories, even from previous worlds.
- Shintaro is thus able to reach the daze, retrieve Ayano, inform her of her power to convey her thoughts (the Favoring Eyes), and lead her to berserk Marry.
- With Ayano present, Marry becomes the complete Queen. Ayano uses her ability to convey Shintaro's memories of the previous timelines and sends it to Marry, who is able to gain control of her Queen powers and orders the daze to swallow up the entire world.
- With that, Kenjirou is reunited with Ayaka and his wish on the snake is fulfilled, forcing it to seek another wish in desperation to continue existing.
- The snake is unwillingly made to grant Konoha's final wish to save Hiyori, and is turned into a surrogate life for her, allowing her to return to life. With the wish fulfilled, the snake goes silent, its consciousness ceasing to exist.
- Marry divides the snakes once again and returns them to her friends, including Haruka, allowing them all to exit the daze as she creates a new future.
- Konoha is a separate existence from Haruka. The Awakening Eyes and the Opening Eyes are part of a set: the Awakening Eyes creates a new body, and the Opening Eyes allows mental transfer to the new vessel.
- Ayano had always been able to leave the daze, but she was unaware of what was going on outside of it, and remained inside believing that she had to in order to prevent her siblings from being killed by the completion of the Medusa. The Ayano speaking to Shintaro in his dreams is actually his snake taking on Ayano's form, attempting to awaken his memories of its existence.

so , according to your statement, all of them is alive at the end, right?
But at the end of the anime, at the epilogue part, Marry said this

so, according to marry last sentence, the "end" where all of them alive is just hypothetical, and not true , am i wrong? please correct me if i'm wrong, because this thing has been bugging me

Mod Edit: Please place format breaking images in a spoiler tag.
ZelotJun 29, 2014 6:48 AM
Jun 29, 2014 1:11 AM

Jul 2012
It felt like the creators could have added more to the story and possibly even a second season instead of just ending it with 12 episodes.

Great episode and series!!!
Jun 29, 2014 1:41 AM
May 2014
Okay, this episode goes as follows:

- They all gather up to find Kenjirou, that much is obvious.
- Hibiya awakens his eye power, clairvoyance.
- Kenjirou's snake has only one purpose, and that is to fulfill Kenjirou's wish, at any cost. That is its only reason to exist. If it is fulfilled, it disappears.
- The snake requires all other snakes to be present, i.e. the whole Mekakushi Dan.
- However, Ayano is always not present, due to her choice to stay in the Daze where the Kenjirou snake has no power over. Her power is the Favoring Eyes.
- Ayano could have left the Daze anytime she wanted due to her receiving a snake too. Technically, she was alive, but chose to be dead.
- Thus, the snake fails to gather all the snakes to fulfill Kenjirou's wish.
- The snake then proceeds to kill the rest of the Mekakushi Dan in the form of Kuroha (the Black Konoha), in order to force Marry to reset time with her Gathering snake power.
- This has happened at least 2 times in the form of the MVs and Manga.
- This is supposedly the third time this is happening.
- Shintarou does not receive Ayano's ability (this is a common misunderstanding due to fandom and Lost Time Memory MV)
- Instead, the meeting between him and Marry in one of the timelines gave him the power to observe all the timelines, the Retaining Eyes.
- In one timeline, Marry tasked Shintaro to bring Ayano out of the Daze and to use Ayano's eye power, the ability to impose emotions on others, to prevent Marry herself from resetting time. Shintaro is able to enter the Daze due to committing suicide.
- With the return of Shintaro and Ayano, all the snakes have gathered, but this time Marry has control over them. The Daze is released.
- Kuroha no longer has a wish to grant, since Ayaka has also been released from the Daze.
- Haruka asks Kuroha for one last wish before he disappears: to give him back his body.
- Konoha and Kuroha disappears. Too bad.

- Summertime Record (the ED song) is sung by Haruka, who has lost his memories due to Konoha and him being different people in the first place. Some memories seem to remain, although fuzzy.
- The song talks about the Mekakushi Dan growing up and slowly forgetting the times they used to share.

That should give a clearer understanding about the last episode. About Marry's final three lines,
1) "If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened." This means that if she had reset time when Kuroha asked her to, it was a possibility that they could be as happy as they are now.
2) "If I hadn't met you that day, the world might have turned out to be a dull place." This means that if she hadn't met Shintaro and tasked him to bring Ayano out to stop her from resetting time, the world would have been a loop over and over and over - a dull place.
3) "That one day that was so ordinary and uneventful... That one day I rubbed my red eyes... Even that one summer day that was so dazzling... I'm sure that Shintaro will still remember them tomorrow." Okay, I'm pretty sure Marry did not mention Shintaro in any way in that line, but that's what the subs gave me, so... Either way, this line is just drama. Probably.
infinitumxxJun 29, 2014 1:55 AM
Jun 29, 2014 2:04 AM

Oct 2012
infinitumxx said:
3) "That one day that was so ordinary and uneventful... That one day I rubbed my red eyes... Even that one summer day that was so dazzling... I'm sure that Shintaro will still remember them tomorrow." Okay, I'm pretty sure Marry did not mention Shintaro in any way in that line, but that's what the subs gave me, so... Either way, this line is just drama. Probably.

She could be talking to Seto.

"If I hadn't met you that day, the world might have turned out to be a dull place."
If Seto and Mary never met, none of this would have ever happened.

I'm also pretty sure she didn't mention Shintaro. lawl subs
Jun 29, 2014 2:15 AM

May 2013
Wow, it was rushed. Even Kuroha's appearance.

Btw, nooow, I'll rate it 7/10 for the characters. But good series overall.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 29, 2014 2:19 AM

May 2010
I really liked the action halfway to midpoint, Ene was really cool. I am pretty damn happy that Ayano is back to life!

Pretty good finale. The scores of this episode had me worrying but now that I have watched it, I think it was a satisfying finale. Sure it could be A LOT better (Cuz KagePro rocks) but damn, Shaft and Jin managed to bring the potential to bring a whole new level but only in the downward direction (And that's not a good thing)

4.5/5 for this episode.

7/10 as a whole. I wish there is a remake of this. This can't be the end of this series.
TragicRomanceJun 29, 2014 2:24 AM
Jun 29, 2014 2:20 AM

Feb 2010
This anime needs a remake
Animation was bad
Ending was a bullshit
Overall was a dissapointment
I'd love for 24-25 episodes for this better than 12, i still had no clue what's going on eventough im a kagepro fans and im following it's manga and PV ;_____;

edit : i give this 6/10 because of Ayano's beautiful appereance in the last episode

Dota 2 Esports Stories are a fuckin Anime IRL Anime Sports

Jun 29, 2014 2:36 AM

Sep 2010
Had one or two good episodes... But that's about it... All other episodes either rushed and/or had crappy animation / backgrounds... SHAFT should had put more budget on this...

Finale - 3/5
Series - 6/10
Jun 29, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Glad to see Ayano and Shintaro together.

I still don't understand some parts but maybe it's just me not being keen to the story.

I think Kagerou Days will be licensed and released next year? Not sure but I think I'll try to pick it up.
Jun 29, 2014 3:27 AM

Mar 2013
Well it had ups and downs, I'd give it a solid 6/10 since the story really wasn't coherent without knowledge of previous source material, and even then it was hard to follow throughout. Animation was very rough with small key moment that had okay sakuga. Character at least were interesting and the lore it set up was unique.
Jun 29, 2014 3:40 AM

Dec 2010
Well, this should have been made in 13 episodes, even if asking for two cours is too much. But the ending was happy if nothing else, and that's what I was really wishing for the Dan in the end.

I'd welcome another route season or a new adaptation altoghether though.

1. Characters. +1. Well, eventually most the characters retained their personalities, although Ene, for an example was so much more annoying than she was in the manga.
2. Atmosphere. Actually I'm a bit conflicted on this part, but despite the first episodes had not only atmosphere different than the one I picked in the manga, but it was really horrible and depressive. And the silent background made this so much worse. Even later on, it was lacking(very much thanks to the horrible backgrounds). I really liked it at times, but it could've been done so much better that I really can't say I'm fine with it.
3. OST. +1. I'm conflicted on this part too. The anime version of the songs were mostly bad, which I hated. Then again the original tracks and themes were really good(which really doesn't make sense, but), especially the OP. I think I can give a point just because of one of the best OPs of the season and 1-2 really good themes.
4. Animation. Another point on which I'm conflicted. The character designs weren't horrible, but then again there was so little budget put into it, I was wondering if they are really trying.
5. Background story. +1. It was good, especially Ayano's part and Seto meets Mary. I really loved them.
6. Storyline. There was hardly any storyline, it was more like 8 episodes in, and you still don't know what's the point of the show.
7. Ending. +1. Many people are disappointed with it(I agree on the "it was rushed" part), but I really wanted to see and ending where the Dan gets to live happily together, after everything they've been through.
8. Drama. +1. It could be done way better, but in the end there was a drama, and it's not like it wasn't affecting.
9. Overall affect. +1. In the beginning I hated this adaptation, but as time passed I came to love it for some reason - be it because I was just desperate for more TKP project, or because I got over my elitism and and just felt like enjoying the anime for what it was offering.
10. Bonus score: +1. The adaptation may have been so much better, but in the end I'm thankful for the fact that it was actually executed. I was loving TKP for a long time, and when I heard that the adaptation was coming I could hardly wait for it(despite, fortunately, it wasn't due to 2015). So yeah, in the end I'm thankful that this adaptation was actually executed. I'm also alwyas welcoming more TKP content.

Overall score: 7/10.
Jun 29, 2014 3:56 AM
Jun 2014
infinitumxx said:

- Summertime Record (the ED song) is sung by Haruka, who has lost his memories due to Konoha and him being different people in the first place. Some memories seem to remain, although fuzzy.
- The song talks about the Mekakushi Dan growing up and slowly forgetting the times they used to share.

That should give a clearer understanding about the last episode. About Marry's final three lines,
1) "If I went back to that time, it's possible that a future like that could have happened." This means that if she had reset time when Kuroha asked her to, it was a possibility that they could be as happy as they are now.
2) "If I hadn't met you that day, the world might have turned out to be a dull place." This means that if she hadn't met Shintaro and tasked him to bring Ayano out to stop her from resetting time, the world would have been a loop over and over and over - a dull place.

it's more than 3 time , all the gray scissors in shintaro room represent all failed timelines

also you are right marry did not mention shintaro, from another sub she say " im sure that i will still remember them tomorrow " but im not sure if this one is the correct traduction from the japanese

hekshot08 said:
Fencel said:
-

so, according to marry last sentence, the "end" where all of them alive is just hypothetical, and not true , am i wrong? please correct me if i'm wrong, because this thing has been bugging me

i think you are correct the "end" is a fantasy and not the real world because when they are all in the haze marry say "from now on the world will not be my fantasy it will be our one and only . real future"

so marry can loop the world again and make the end that we have see " real " but it will be another fantasy world and not the real one .

" im sure that i will still remember them tomorrow " tomorrow is the 16 august so the real world and not the looped one 14/15 august

btw sry for bad english
Jun 29, 2014 4:14 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Thread Cleaned
Thread Cleaned
Please do not just write a one word description of how you felt about the series/episode and the score. These posts are considered spam and will be deleted. Please give reasoning and thought.

Oh, I found out that HorribleSubs version didn't have the end card Shidu made (or I was told it was Shidu). Shidu is the guy who created the original designs for all the characters.
ZelotJun 29, 2014 5:32 AM
Jun 29, 2014 5:31 AM
Jun 2014
At first I found the anime sort of confusing as I hadn't seen the manga, but as I watched on, I understood it okay. It was awesome. They really need more episodes I think.
Jun 29, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2011
Awh, kinda sad it's over.
I liked how confusing it was at first and how the story started to come together with each new episode.

Anyway, it was different and fun to watch :3
Jun 29, 2014 6:25 AM

May 2013
the most important thing about this show is that = 'IT IS BORING'

the story is boring -2
the story is hard to understand and SHAFT make it even harder to -3
characters are plain and dull -1
and the fact that shuuya has the most member favourites despite being a real pathetic -1 (i hate shitty fan base)

so overall 3/10
Jun 29, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2014
Where the hell is my Summertime Record?

And I mean...

... My real Summertime Record.

Not that ShinAya bollocks they gave us this episode.

I need my Summertime Record!Haruka dosage goddammit.

Oh well. It was fun, aside from the botched up ending. 4/5, just for sexy Haruka/Konoha-ness.

Mod Edit: Please place images that break format into a spoiler tag.
ZelotJun 29, 2014 6:46 AM
Jun 29, 2014 6:38 AM
Jan 2014
KUROHA FINALLY APPEARED!!

This was a unique anime but I felt like more could have been done if the anime was about 24 episodes at least because for people who haven't listened to the Kagerou Project album won't completely understand what is going on. Nevertheless I enjoyed the anime (especially the OP and ED) and hope that extras will be released in the future, for example all route XX events like Outer Science but Kuroha appeared and that made me extra happy :P
Lolcakes93Jun 29, 2014 6:42 AM
Jun 29, 2014 7:16 AM
Jul 2012
so rush n so jumpy~
prolly cuz i only watch the anime ><
without Mamo-chan it would be very boring
damn he did Haruka, Konoha, Kuroha and that epic snake voice! xD

overall i give it 6/10
love dere outfit <3
Jun 29, 2014 7:31 AM
Dec 2013
In the end, we still need to read the manga QAQ
Jun 29, 2014 8:24 AM
Jun 2014
A good conclusion but was pretty rushed, happy ending is awesome :3 but no heartfelt romance scenes!? Most of the characters were shipped.........

Also i wasn't getting the whole bad guy that enjoys murdering people again and again and again vibe from kuroha, design and abilities were cool though

Overall for the series 4/5
Some things definitely could have been done better but even so it was pretty good, before I watched the first few episodes I had no idea kagerou project existed so it got me into KagePro, it made me want to look at ALL the material just those first episodes and any show that does that is a winner in my book, also them head tilts

http://37.media.tumblr.com/154932982f49b44ee96e471a0385b9a3/tumblr_n4aky0Jtwb1rqbd8ao3_400.gif

i.imgur.com/U7yDJhF.gif
Jun 29, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2013
I was actually really happy about this show overall.

Happy ending for them all, but i really hope for a season 2 though :3
Jun 29, 2014 9:41 AM

May 2014
So their powers are finally seen in action! Good. But, besides that, this final episode was a bit... I don't know. I guess their victory just seemed too easy, and those "wishes" thing... Kind of cheesy.

I enjoyed the anime in a whole, and although I was hoping Haruka and Hyori would be back...
Jun 29, 2014 9:44 AM

Aug 2010
I liked this show but I felt the last two episodes were too damn rushed. It was handled pretty bad IMO. The show was a 7/10 for me at the start but after the last few episodes it dropped to a 6/10.
Jun 29, 2014 9:53 AM

Jan 2014
This show was just poorly done.

The art was lacking in detail to the point that it looked far worse than pretty much all fan works I came across so far and yet they resorted to that horrible CG song sequence as if they hadn't already saved enough money at that point.
Loving Shaft for and their style in Madoka and Monogatari, but here it was nothing short of bad. First time it felt absolutely obnoxious and cheap, taking all possible impact the story could have had, if it was told somewhat decently to begin with, and being distracting instead. Not to mention that it felt rushed!

Cannot think of anything to praise.

At least, Ayano looked cute during the finale moments of the show. For anyone interested in this series I'd recommend ignoring this mess and checking out the manga and possibly the songs, which I barely know
Jun 29, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2012
Now I want red eyes.....and awesome powers. :P

An alright anime....I didn't expect much from it, since the first episode was boring and vague. :/ I didn't get it....til it was later explained in the later episodes.
Even with that, I still didn't get the whole anime. :/

Oh well....it was a fun anime...especially after the anime ended. xD
Jun 29, 2014 10:10 AM

Dec 2013
infinitumxx said:
Okay, this episode goes as follows:

- They all gather up to find Kenjirou, that much is obvious.
- Hibiya awakens his eye power, clairvoyance.
- Kenjirou's snake has only one purpose, and that is to fulfill Kenjirou's wish, at any cost. That is its only reason to exist. If it is fulfilled, it disappears.
- The snake requires all other snakes to be present, i.e. the whole Mekakushi Dan.
- However, Ayano is always not present, due to her choice to stay in the Daze where the Kenjirou snake has no power over. Her power is the Favoring Eyes.
- Ayano could have left the Daze anytime she wanted due to her receiving a snake too. Technically, she was alive, but chose to be dead.
- Thus, the snake fails to gather all the snakes to fulfill Kenjirou's wish.
- The snake then proceeds to kill the rest of the Mekakushi Dan in the form of Kuroha (the Black Konoha), in order to force Marry to reset time with her Gathering snake power.
- Shintarou does not receive Ayano's ability (this is a common misunderstanding due to fandom and Lost Time Memory MV)
- Instead, the meeting between him and Marry in one of the timelines gave him the power to observe all the timelines, the Retaining Eyes.
- In one timeline, Marry tasked Shintaro to bring Ayano out of the Daze and to use Ayano's eye power, the ability to impose emotions on others, to prevent Marry herself from resetting time. Shintaro is able to enter the Daze due to committing suicide.
- With the return of Shintaro and Ayano, all the snakes have gathered, but this time Marry has control over them. The Daze is released.
- Kuroha no longer has a wish to grant, since Ayaka has also been released from the Daze.
- Haruka asks Kuroha for one last wish before he disappears: to give him back his body.
- Konoha and Kuroha disappears. Too bad.

Considering that I did read the manga and watched the MVs as recommended by a fellow MAL friend, I did pretty much get the gist of everything that happened up till this episode.

Thanks a bunch for clearing off what happened in this episode, but the ending is still a bit confusing, especially those last few minutes.

I want to know, for all of those who have read the LN:
1.) Was the end of this anime, the fact that Ayano was rescued a part of the story in the LN? Or was it like someone mentioned just a "Fantasy Ending" that Marry had created with her powers?
2.) If the answer to (1.) was NO, then what was actually suppose to happen for Summertime Record according to the LN?

There are so many issues I have with this ending:

First off, is it safe to assume that the Daze reset by Marry is suppose to start from the current August 15th of their timeline? I mean, she acquired her power as the Queen, and consequently power over the Haze, when her mother died, long before she met Seto. Ayano died only two years prior to the start of this show, and supposedly Seto met Marry sometime during those two years, no?
If that were the case, then that would explain why Ayano was already in the Daze for every iteration of the timeline. But here's the kick, if Marry never knew Ayano, how in the world would she know:
(a) that Ayano was alive in the Daze, and
(b) that Shintaro knew her, and thus to know to tell Shintaro to go find her from the Daze?

Second, I thought the prerequisite for acquiring those Eye Powers was that a pair of people had to die for one in the pair to get a snake, and thus to gain the powers. Ayano died alone and since Shintaro died alone as well, how is it that BOTH of them gained powers? Someone please explain this to me.

Third, I thought the snake that took over Konoha (Kuroha) was the snake from the father. He existed to grant the wish to the father (wanting to bring his wife back from the Daze?). Does this mean that scene with the parents under the stars indicated that both parents were brought back from the Daze?

Fourth, once the father's wish was granted, in order to continue to exist,t he snake tried to grant another wish. Haruka looked like he was close to dying, and yet someone mentioned that the wish he made wasn't about him, but about that Hiyori girl. Which wish was granted, to bring the Hiyori girl back? Or to restore the original Haruka to his body?

Lastly, considering how all those pairs of people were caught in the Daze, does this mean that all those "dead" people (i.e. Marry's mother, Kido's Sister, Momo's mother, etc.) all came back? Or were the ones that came back special cases?

Would really appreciate if someone could help me to answer all these questions.

Thanks in advance!
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 29, 2014 10:59 AM

Apr 2012
L-Ryoshi said:

Fourth, once the father's wish was granted, in order to continue to exist,t he snake tried to grant another wish. Haruka looked like he was close to dying, and yet someone mentioned that the wish he made wasn't about him, but about that Hiyori girl. Which wish was granted, to bring the Hiyori girl back? Or to restore the original Haruka to his body?

Konoha's final wish was to bring Hiyori back I believe. I made a really long post about this whole thing on tumblr but I don't remember if we're allowed to link on here? //usually just stalks the forums and doesn't post

Overall though, the sequence of the episodes made it such a confusing series. Even though I've read what's up of the manga and light novels along with the songs, a lot of things were really confusing.

I seriously loved the ending, the decision to bring Ayano back was a nice touch. shinaya was strong I'm definitely going to rewatch it, it's a 7/10 from me.
Jun 29, 2014 11:20 AM
Feb 2012
This show was so utterly boring. I made a bad call by not dropping this way earlier. In fact, I completely misjudged it and eventually had to suffer through episodes 11 and 12 for completion's sake. 2/10
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jun 29, 2014 11:39 AM

Aug 2013
That ending was way too rushed and corny. I enjoyed some parts in the show, but overall the story was missing a lot of development and connection to characters.
Jun 29, 2014 12:11 PM

Feb 2014
If I hadn't read the comments here I would've never understood what the fuck happened in this episode or in the whole show for that matter ...
I can understand what they were trying to do but I'll have to say that the execution of that idea was very terrible !

I wish the people who read and the fanboys of the original material to judge this anime based solely on its contents and not what they already know from the original material.
I am not saying I am very bright but I am not stupid either, and I barely was able to understand anything in this anime !

4/10 from me ... and I think I am being generous !
Need More DESUUUU~~~

My Anime List
Jun 29, 2014 1:05 PM

Jun 2013
This series had a cool concept but the plot was so poorly explained. And I really didn't care for what was happening. 6/10.

I'm interested in trying out the light novels though.
Jun 29, 2014 1:15 PM

Oct 2012
L-Ryoshi said:
1.) Was the end of this anime, the fact that Ayano was rescued a part of the story in the LN? Or was it like someone mentioned just a "Fantasy Ending" that Marry had created with her powers?
2.) If the answer to (1.) was NO, then what was actually suppose to happen for Summertime Record according to the LN?

Take my words about the novel with a grain of salt, since I didn't read much of them. As far as we know, Ayano shouldn't have been rescued during the novel timeline because that was the key-factor to erasing the Snake of Clearing Eyes in this episode. There wouldn't be an anime timeline if that was the case. Also, Summertime Record only exists in the song and anime timelines (correct me if I'm wrong), which kind of confuses me because if Summertime Record is the good ending, then the series should have ended with the songs, unless it's a different Summtertime Record.

L-Ryoshi said:
(a) that Ayano was alive in the Daze, and
(b) that Shintaro knew her, and thus to know to tell Shintaro to go find her from the Daze?

Mary never knew that Ayano was in the Haze. I'm pretty sure it was the Snake of Retaining Eyes that kept ushering Shintaro to remember. Also, Shintaro met Ayano in the Haze in Lost Time Memory in the song timeline, so once his power kicked in, he remembered that he could enter the Haze again.

L-Ryoshi said:
Second, I thought the prerequisite for acquiring those Eye Powers was that a pair of people had to die for one in the pair to get a snake, and thus to gain the powers. Ayano died alone and since Shintaro died alone as well, how is it that BOTH of them gained powers? Someone please explain this to me.

Ayano, Shintaro, Haruka, and Takane are all either exceptions, or prove that theory wrong. Before, people believed that Shintaro died with himself in separate timelines and entered the Haze that way, but it doesn't make sense, now that Shintaro had his power before entering the Haze again.

L-Ryoshi said:
Third, I thought the snake that took over Konoha (Kuroha) was the snake from the father. He existed to grant the wish to the father (wanting to bring his wife back from the Daze?). Does this mean that scene with the parents under the stars indicated that both parents were brought back from the Daze?

It's believed Kenjirou stayed in the Haze with his wife.

L-Ryoshi said:

Haruka said he wanted to keep his word. This might mean his previous wish, which was to be able to have fun with his friends. In which case, would restore him to his body. It could also mean to save Hiyori, which was what Konoha was trying to do in Konoha's State of the World. By wishing that, the snake becomes a surrogate life for Hiyori, giving her the ability to leave the Haze.

L-Ryoshi said:
Lastly, considering how all those pairs of people were caught in the Daze, does this mean that all those "dead" people (i.e. Marry's mother, Kido's Sister, Momo's mother, etc.) all came back? Or were the ones that came back special cases?

From what we've seen, the only people to make it out were Hiyori, Haruka, and Ayano. Hiyori could have been wished by Haruka, and Ayano and Haruka already have a snake to sustain them. Kenjirou couldn't go back because his snake vanished (or) is now in Hiyori/Haruka. Anybody else who was deceased does not have a snake to be able to leave.
Jun 29, 2014 3:35 PM
Aug 2012
This show is not something that people like me, with a case of really bad memory, can enjoy to the fullest. It was still fun to watch.
Jun 29, 2014 3:48 PM

Dec 2013
Pretty good episode. I'm not gonna say ending, just episode because the whole anime was the biggest WTF i've ever watched. Seriously what was half of the episodes about. I think I understood most of this episode.
edit: After reading comments it seems there happened much more than I thought lol.
Characters were so likeable, such a waste.. 3/10
AizixJun 29, 2014 4:03 PM
Jun 29, 2014 4:09 PM
May 2014
Koybz said:
What an awful ending. This anime really needed more than 12 episodes. A better writer and a decent budget would have helped too.

4/10 Still love the songs and the manga.

pshh there is no better writer then jin.

is there is really anyone to blame how about blaming shaft? =^=
1. that horrible animation then put in ayano's theory of happiness
2. kagepro DEFINITELY deserved a higher budget

shaft is a good studio, yes. but they seriously need to remake this with a BETTER studio who gives a GOOD budget -^-

i'm very mad about how they adapted kuroha. it was good but i expected much better
Jun 29, 2014 4:40 PM

Oct 2013
enjoyed for sure
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.