Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 30, 2014 12:30 AM

May 2014
Orix said:
^ I continue to be amused that you're comparing Black Lagoon to a COMEDY anime. Keep it up. :3
Black Lagoon also has comedy, I don't know what you're talking about.

And since you asked for it:

But yes, it's unfair and I'll stop.

@okanagan
It has actual violence on top of having fun character interactions, some character exploration and the setting has a certain atmosphere to it.
Jun 30, 2014 4:54 AM

Nov 2013
The narrators comments are the best :D
You all need to watch Nami.

Jun 30, 2014 7:18 AM
May 2013
Wow...

Ok, so I went in expecting a completely over the top, cutesy disaster of a show that would simply scartch an itch before the season started..

And I was given a completely over the top, cutesy, hilarious trainwreck!

This show started off so bad, with the annoying old pervert on the train, then it did something to make me laugh. Then it pissed me off the again, and then I busted up laughting again a couple minute later. That repeated several more times, and the the last 7 minutes happened.

So looking forward to more. Thank you so much whoever decided to release this early, because you hadn't, I would have just passed this show up!
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jun 30, 2014 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Speaking for myself, I loved the opening scene on the train where the old creep
was harassing Momoka. It was a great way to let us meet Momoka for the first
time, as well as Miou. I felt that the scene was very realistic. Years ago, women
on trains would take the abuse quietly. Nowadays, middle school* girls can be
amazingly aggressive in fighting back, to the point of chasing down the guy if
he tries to run away. Security cameras are everywhere now, so the girl does not
actually have to tackle the guy and knock him to the ground. She merely has to
make enough of a fuss that the police can be clear about who he was. From
there, it is straightforward police work to track him down based on security
camera footage and witness accounts. For Miou to stand up for Momoka is just
what I would expect in such a situation.

* Possibly this is true for high school girls as well.
Jun 30, 2014 8:19 AM
Aug 2008

DSFARGEG (User was banned for this post)
ManaruJun 30, 2014 8:28 AM
Jun 30, 2014 10:04 AM

Apr 2013
my god that narrator cracks me up XD
Jun 30, 2014 1:16 PM

Oct 2011
I miss C3. This brings back lots of memories. Sabagebu will focus on comedy + Airsoft action : )

Dat Jill Valentine cosplay
Jun 30, 2014 2:37 PM
Jun 2013
It was alright. Comedy was pretty good, despite the narrating being a bit annoying at times. Characters are ok, but none clicked with me though that may change depending if I'm sticking with this series. As for the animation and character designs generic backgrounds and the designs are something different I guess, but not that impressive. It didn't grip me like C3 did so I'll see how the other episodes are, before I decide if I want to continue watching.
Jun 30, 2014 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
After I saw Jill , I keep on thinking about JILLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Jill why are you here!!!
Love this one.
Jun 30, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
This "I-got -tricked/forced-into-joining-a -club" thing happens pretty often. Is this a cultural thing where someone feels an obligation to follow through with club activities b/c their name was signed on a slip of paper against their will?

I don't think I've ever seen an anime where this happened and the person simply didn't go. I mean isn't that the normal response?

Is it simply a plot device?

Someone please enlighten me b/c it's super annoying.
Jul 1, 2014 3:50 AM

Oct 2012
@kelken Very good points!

Unfortunately, it is only rarely that we get people posting comments on these
threads who have very deep knowledge of Japan. Rather than joining MAL, those
people typically participate in Japanese-language online discussions. Let's hope
that there is somebody like that here who can address your questions.

I have never lived in Japan. But my impression is that there is a "school club
culture" there with a lot of distinctive features that are not seen in other countries.

As for me, the part that most confused me was the way that all of the other girls
had this immediate extremely negative reaction to Momoka just because they saw
her coming to school with Miou that day. The manga presents the story just a
bit differently, which gave me a bit more insight. But it gave me the impression
that this school is way different from what I experienced. I don't want to just
assume that it is a "Japanese" thing. Maybe it is because of their social class,
for example.

Anyways, I'm loving this series. Yes, the "sucked into a club" trope is heavily-used
in anime series. I have seen it many times. I guess I'll get sick of it at some point
in the future.
okanaganJul 1, 2014 3:55 AM
Jul 1, 2014 3:58 AM

May 2014
@VintageVentus
The narrator himself is telling you: "This is what you're going to get from this series, don't expect anything else or it getting better! K, bye"

@kelken
What? You're getting tired of school clubs? Are you that boring, there is no life outside school and schooling is boring, there can only be fun in school clubs. You like fun right, the you will be forced to join my school club no matter what!

But seriously, it's a blatant plot advancement gag, and for Japanese their high time is high school before societal pressures and expectations roll down on their spirits. And like I mentioned, actual studies and school itself is boring and for that to be remedied writers use the whole "school club" excuse to have some leeway for their premise to be relevant, yet still be in school with all the cute girls.
Jul 1, 2014 4:31 AM

Jun 2008
The sad part is that C3 was an all-girls school, this is in a co-ed school, so why is the entire club only full of cute girls? I can imagine a club with cute girls who like guns to be quite popular among high school guys. XD

With the plot - a prodigy newbie and a skilled club captain; the same sabage - it does feel more like a spoof of C3 than a standing on its own, probly why it feels somewhat of a letdown.
Jul 1, 2014 7:54 AM
Dec 2012
Pink chick got skills and attitude...comedy is the type I like. Can't wait to watch the rest of the season personally ^.^
Jul 1, 2014 8:53 AM
Apr 2012
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't one of the girls use a pair of Škorpions, the same gun Yura used?
That aside, I'm liking the more humorous nature of Sabagebu! in comparison to C3 Club; let's hope it keeps that nature.
Jul 1, 2014 11:23 AM

Oct 2013
zephiris said:
The sad part is that C3 was an all-girls school, this is in a co-ed school, so why is the entire club only full of cute girls? I can imagine a club with cute girls who like guns to be quite popular among high school guys. XD

With the plot - a prodigy newbie and a skilled club captain; the same sabage - it does feel more like a spoof of C3 than a standing on its own, probly why it feels somewhat of a letdown.

What are you talking? This is also an all girls school!
Jul 1, 2014 1:26 PM

Oct 2012
bigivelfhq said:
This is also an all girls school!

In fact, if you look very closely at Chapter 1 in the manga, you can see that . . .
okanaganJul 1, 2014 1:54 PM
Jul 1, 2014 2:27 PM

Jun 2009
@Okanagan @T3hsource Thanks for the responses.

The way Momoka handled the bullying was atypical. She took it to keep the peace but unloaded on them in the end. So glad she didn't punk out and cry (not that there's anything wrong with that, just not my speed)

Going-home club for life! After all, I do have anime to watch. An airsoft club would be awesome though, I think I'd have joined w/o hesitation.
Jul 1, 2014 4:03 PM

Mar 2014
Kayo Goutokuji cosplay Jill Valentine from Resident Evil 3 game, anyone else notice?XD
OTKINIJul 2, 2014 8:11 AM
Jul 2, 2014 12:18 AM

Jan 2014
So, this didn't look too good at first, but, after watching the first epidode,I stand corrected. The show is hillarious and I really enjoyed the shooting scene(The Boob shot LOL). I can't wait for more episodes of this.

Also, "Have the taste of my imaginary karate that I learned in school!!"
I died laughing XD
Hi Friends
Jul 2, 2014 1:55 AM

Apr 2012
I love the narrator! He not only broke the fourth wall, he annihilated it! I also love the fact that Momoka isn't really as nice as she lets on almost like another pink haired girl we all know: Sakura from Naruto perhaps... :D. Except here, the facade was just what?! LOL! I especially love the way she was "recruited", just wow! Kidnapping by any other name, and for laughs too!

One more thing: Urara Kasugano, meet Urara Kasugano.

aNinjaWithAIDSJul 2, 2014 2:00 AM
Jul 2, 2014 3:57 AM

Jan 2014
That was fun! :D Didn't really expect myself to find it amusing, but I did ! :D

I'm just wondering whether the 2nd episode will be aired on July 6th or the real 1st.
Jul 2, 2014 5:59 AM

Jun 2014
I'm a little concerned about the direction this show is going in. It looks like it's going to be pandering more to a male audience than a female one. Anybody else feel this way? I've only read up to Chapter 3 of the manga and I don't recall a hot spring scene?
Jul 2, 2014 6:42 AM
Jul 2018
This is C³ all over again, Meh well at least Momoka is cute.
Jul 2, 2014 8:18 AM

Oct 2012
bethelwho wrote:
I'm a little concerned about the direction this show is going in. It looks
like it's going to be pandering more to a male audience than a female
one. Anybody else feel this way? I've only read up to Chapter 3 of the
manga and I don't recall a hot spring scene?

Episode 1 of the anime corresponds to Chapters 1, 2 and 3 of the manga. I made
a careful comparison. I'll put my comments in "spoiler" tags so that I won't ruin
it for those of you who plan to read the manga in the future. In any case, what I
found is that . . .
okanaganJul 2, 2014 9:48 AM
Jul 2, 2014 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Gotta love that narrator.

Jul 2, 2014 12:39 PM

Apr 2012
Not bad. I like the narrator. The comedy was decent.

Jul 2, 2014 6:42 PM

Sep 2013
PinkSheep said:
Am I the only one that didn't think the comedy was really funny?When I watched comedy like D-frag! it actually made me laugh but this just didn't really :(

Japanese to English comedy sometimes loses me, we don't get the full experience with the language barrier and all :(
Jul 3, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2012
I already have concluded that this is not going to top Stella Jogakuin.

Oh no.... that "normal" MC questioning everything already. This is gonna hurt.....
That narrator is also fucking annoying. What is this?! Daimidaler?!
What the hell is wrong with that weak ass bullying?! This is so thin I can't even write on it what the problem even is!

This is trying way too hard to be called funny. To list all the problems would take too much time....
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Jul 3, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2014
I checked out the manga before watching this. Really like it so far!
Jul 3, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
okanagan said:
bethelwho wrote:

a careful comparison. I'll put my comments in "spoiler" tags so that I won't ruin
it for those of you who plan to read the manga in the future. In any case, what I
found is that . . .

Ah, that's such a shame! We get so few shoujo shows every season and they've just handed it to the seinen demographic :(

Oh well, we've still got Sailor Moon and Ao Haru Ride, I guess.
Jul 3, 2014 9:32 PM
Jun 2014
So its like dfrag nonsense but guns instead of games with imaginations like Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai. Yea i'm game.
Jul 4, 2014 2:02 PM

Sep 2013
I liked it alot very interesting concept and will keep watching ;)
Jul 5, 2014 12:18 AM

Jul 2011
Really enjoyed the first episode! I love Miou and Momoka! xD
Jul 5, 2014 5:14 AM

May 2010
Cool OP? Gag anime? Cute girls? Comedy? I am sold. Seriously, what am I gonna do with my life when you toss anime like this at me? And here I thought, I will take it easy this season and watch as less anime as possbile. There goes my freedom.

I love Kayo, she is so unmotivated. Momoya totally got played there hahaha. This is one of the best "forced into a club" scene I have seen so far.

"Did I mess up my good girl act" xD

Man I love Momoka. THIS is what I wanted to happen in all those cliche shojo manga.

Okay, I was like, "What's with with that lame joke when Momoka saw the shop owner and said I have heard/ seen you somewhere." Turns out HE is the narrator lmao

Kayo, is that Tomb Raider parody I see?

That violent gun shots + blood = girls' imagination xD

Momoka slayed them! nice. Urara's got a dirty mind, or so I felt when she said "First I will go for one gun then for two." They cut the ED... Well its pre-air so maybe that's why.

I am an idiot, you are an idiot, everyone is an idiot . . . 8.5/10
Jul 5, 2014 9:33 AM

Dec 2013
Why do I get the impression that I'm watching a mix of D-Frag and Inugami-san to Nekoyama-san?

The art looks like a bit suspect, but that said I'm loving the cheap laughs this show brings.

Looks decent enough for now.

Edit: By the way, I LoL'd at the Matrix-y hallway gun battle in the preview.
L-RyoshiJul 5, 2014 9:49 AM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 5, 2014 2:35 PM

Oct 2012
So, is this like C3-bu all over again? Not sure if I'll watch this as the only special thing was the narration.
But at least it's somehow funny I guess.
Jul 6, 2014 8:54 AM

Mar 2009
T3hSource said:
okanagan said:
Based on Episode 1, this is by far the most entertaining girls-with-guns anime series that I can think of.
Are you sure about that:

Silly me, I missed the part where Black Lagoon was labeled as a gag/slap stick comedy series.
Jul 6, 2014 4:19 PM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

All the survival game club members are so weird.

Lol at how Miou made Momoka joined her club.
Jul 6, 2014 4:36 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Never enough anime with girls and guns.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 6, 2014 5:18 PM
Dec 2012
okanagan said:
bethelwho wrote:

found is that . . .

Ugh, really? I was looking forward to this. I'm not fond of animes that don't follow the manga. I also dislike it when they change too much. :/
Jul 6, 2014 5:45 PM

Oct 2013
lol great first ep
Loved the fighting at t he end XD
haha she drugged her to make her join the club <3
I got a shoujo ai feeling ( very lightly)
def going to watch this anime XD
judging by the light fanservice it feels like this should be labled as a seinen
[/quote]
Jul 6, 2014 7:30 PM

Apr 2008
Dat Narrator. Well I'm sold. Dat Boob shot tho.... =A=
Jul 6, 2014 9:42 PM
Aug 2011
Well the narrator stole the show.

okanagan was right about the changes, they've made this really different and more marketable toward men.
Understandable choice I suppose, but I think a Survival Games club with a more shoujo feel would have been a bit more unique. I feel for the long time manga readers who might have been looking forward to this.

The shoot-out at the end was quite amusing actually. "It's their Imagination!"
Jul 6, 2014 9:57 PM

Jan 2008
Was much more enjoyable that Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu was. Though I can't help but see myself dropping this in a couple episodes.
Jul 6, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 2013
Wow, this is actually more interesting than i thought.
Cute is justice.
Jul 6, 2014 10:17 PM

Oct 2012
parfaited said:
The shoot-out at the end was quite amusing actually. "It's their Imagination!"

Agreed. An Episode 1 of any anime series has to get people excited enough watch
Episode 2. I just can't imagine Episode 1 without that last part.

The reality is that creepy old otaku men buy DVDs and Blu-rays. They are willing
to pay to attend meet-the-voice-actresses special events in Tokyo. They will buy
CDs of the character songs. They will collect high-quality plastic figurines of all
of the characters.

12-year-old girls won't do any of these things. So the correct business decision
was made to adapt the manga to the anime along the lines of what we saw them
do in Episode 1.

Frankly, I love the gag comedy and the interesting characters.
okanaganJul 6, 2014 10:22 PM
Jul 6, 2014 10:25 PM

May 2014
cjkira99 said:
T3hSource said:
Are you sure about that:

Silly me, I missed the part where Black Lagoon was labeled as a gag/slap stick comedy series.
I missed the part where a gag comedy is more satisfying than actual action with actual violence.
Jul 6, 2014 11:12 PM

Sep 2013
You made your point that this isn't your style and you don't like this, why are you still here?
Anyways, great first ep. I loved that the girl was wearing her costume during the introduction, had to check back to see.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sabage-bu! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2014

118 by Deazu »»
Jan 4, 10:21 PM

Poll: » Sabage-bu! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2014

52 by Deazu »»
Jan 4, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Sabage-bu! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2014

76 by Deazu »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Sabage-bu! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2014

69 by Deazu »»
Aug 20, 2023 10:31 AM

Poll: » Sabage-bu! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2014

78 by Deazu »»
Aug 19, 2023 6:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.