Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 28, 2010 5:57 AM

Oct 2009
Hakujou said:
Hajimemashite! Welcome to the crazy house. Always nice to have one more voice in our collective head.

That sounds a lot like a Borg collective, lol (yes, I like Star Trek ^^ ).
Apr 28, 2010 7:46 AM

Jun 2009
hagumi_honey said:
I'm a chronic procrastinator. Sounds like a full-fledged career eh?

Procrastinator huh?? .. I'll get round to commenting on that someday :P

Welcome aboard.. leave any remaining sanity at the door on the way in ... :)

Apr 28, 2010 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm quite ashamed of myself, really. I registered in 2008 but never get around to update anything or even join any clubs or discussion. That's how chronic I am. Lol.

Oh, insanity rocks! If I have a choice, I'd join the casts of Arakawa Under the Bridge. XD
Apr 29, 2010 1:42 AM

Dec 2008
Welcome aboard, hagumi_honey! There's chilled Geritol and Ensure in the community fridge for brand new members! Drink up! It's good for you! ^_^

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Apr 29, 2010 8:23 AM

Sep 2008
Welcome Hagu chan~

May 2, 2010 11:16 AM

Jul 2007
Welcome Hagumi_honey ^_^
Enjoy this club and this wonderful world of anime and manga ^_^
[/url]

May 19, 2010 11:28 AM

Mar 2010
Welcome Hagumi! Ah, the radio rule really doesn't apply in our vheicle. My hubby is the driver, but I control the music. Our "rule" is I have the boobs, therefore I'm the boss.
May 19, 2010 3:58 PM

Sep 2009
Welcome to all the new peeps...

nice to see new faces here :-)
May 29, 2010 9:02 PM
May 2010
Hi all, I'm Murph. Still nosing around the club forum, so you might see me lurking for a while. I look forward to getting to know everyone better.
May 30, 2010 4:52 PM

Jan 2010
Willkommen!
May 30, 2010 5:53 PM

Jun 2009
Hey Murph ... welcome aboard :)

May 31, 2010 3:16 AM

Dec 2008
Welcome aboard, Murph! There's chilled Geritol and Ensure in the community fridge! Drink up and enjoy! It's good for you! ^_^

Jun 14, 2010 6:26 PM

Apr 2009
This seems like a lively bunch. Stumbled across this club by chance and it looked interesting. Usually when I find people interested in anime and/or manga, they're not even old enough to remember what a record album is. It can make you feel old. :)
- Jim

Jun 14, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2008
Welcome jim....there is Geritol and Ensure in the fridge. Don't touch the PB Cups. You won't like Philly when you do.
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Jun 14, 2010 9:40 PM

Jun 2009
Welcome aboard Jimgmoreno ... that's a mouthfull!! :P
Please remember to check your remaining sanity at the door... otherwise it will be pinched by Slender... I wonder if Sbyrstall is looking for a promotion? It's usually Philly who pushes offers out the Geritol and Ensure O.o .... hmmm... anyway... when it comes to the PB cups.. I use them to lure .. um... bribe... err.... reward ppl :D ... but um ...ya .... otherwise I'm a nice lil dragon.............. trust me

Jun 14, 2010 10:15 PM

Feb 2008
Welcome jimgmoreno. Hope you enjoy your visits here. Record albums eh? Yes, I hope you remember them as fondly as I do. The good old days when holding music in your hands was done with respect for the delicacy of vinyl. :-)
Jun 15, 2010 2:16 AM

Dec 2008
Yo, Jimgmoreno, wassup? Welcome to the club! Hope you have fun here! Don't believe the lies sbyrstall and Dragon-Scales say about me. I'm a kind and generous fellow who's willing to share a PB cup with newcomers like yourself. It's all part of my charm! ^_^ By the by, not only do I remember vinyl, I still have a turntable! HA!

Jun 15, 2010 4:13 AM

Jun 2008
Dragon-Scales said:
Welcome aboard Jimgmoreno ... that's a mouthfull!! :P
Please remember to check your remaining sanity at the door... otherwise it will be pinched by Slender... I wonder if Sbyrstall is looking for a promotion? It's usually Philly who pushes offers out the Geritol and Ensure O.o .... hmmm... anyway... when it comes to the PB cups.. I use them to lure .. um... bribe... err.... reward ppl :D ... but um ...ya .... otherwise I'm a nice lil dragon.............. trust me
No, no promotion. Philly wasn't here to do his usual job. I was just being nice.

And since when are dragons ever nice?? ;)

Jun 15, 2010 4:44 AM

Sep 2009
PhillyFlash said:
By the by, not only do I remember vinyl, I still have a turntable! HA!
awesome Philly, so do I .. actually I have two of them ;-)

welcome Jim, glad to have you aboard!
Jun 15, 2010 5:07 AM

Jun 2009
I still got a working turntable as well.. a small but interesting collection of vinyl ...

PhillyFlash said:
Don't believe the lies sbyrstall and Dragon-Scales say about me. I'm a kind and generous fellow who's willing to share a PB cup with newcomers like yourself. It's all part of my charm! ^_^

share?? O.O ... didn't you bite the hand of someone who tried to take one of your PB cups??
<< remembers someone needing first aid for a bite... and it wasn't a dragon bite >,< lol

sbyrstall said:
No, no promotion. Philly wasn't here to do his usual job. I was just being nice.
And since when are dragons ever nice?? ;)

I'm always nice.. I hand out bribes PB cups on a regular basis to those who earn them.
and who you gonna trust more... the Ferret or the always honorable Dragon?? :D

Jun 15, 2010 10:29 AM

Sep 2009
Dragon-Scales said:
I still got a working turntable as well.. a small but interesting collection of vinyl ...
that's awesome D-S... I've THOUSANDS of records and still buy vinyl on a regular basis. for me, no other format more accurately retains the original recording .. or plays it back with more warmth and depth as vinyl.
Jun 15, 2010 1:36 PM

Dec 2008
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
PhillyFlash said:
By the by, not only do I remember vinyl, I still have a turntable! HA!
awesome Philly, so do I .. actually I have two of them ;-)

The turntable I have came from Best Buy some six or seven years ago, cost $99.99 and it still works great. I used it to digitize my precious Pink Lady albums into MP3 files. These days, I don't use it nearly as much.

Dragon-Scales said:
share?? O.O ... didn't you bite the hand of someone who tried to take one of your PB cups??

Hmm! Sorry, but I don't remember that particular incident. Anyhoo, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ^_^
PhillyFlashJun 15, 2010 1:39 PM

Jun 15, 2010 5:16 PM

Apr 2009
Dragon-Scales said:

Probably depends on how hungry the dragon is. It would take a while to be eaten by a ferret. ;)
- Jim

Jun 15, 2010 6:21 PM

Jun 2009
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
Dragon-Scales said:
that's awesome D-S... I've THOUSANDS of records and still buy vinyl on a regular basis. for me, no other format more accurately retains the original recording .. or plays it back with more warmth and depth as vinyl.

Actually your partially right J-G ...Vinyl can capture the warmth, and to an extent the emotional intent of those playing the music (be it classical or rock or country..etc) ... However if it's accuracy and clarity then it's digital all the way. IMO ... classical recordings should always be listened to on vinyl. Most other/modern music.. digital is nice for the crispness between tracks :P
And ya this was a debate we had when I did take the recording engineering class some ... 26 yrs ago (now I feel old) :(

jimgmoreno said:
Dragon-Scales said:

Probably depends on how hungry the dragon is. It would take a while to be eaten by a ferret. ;)

Well this dragon is well fed... as long as we're talking bout food that is >,<
*bad dragon!!!*

Jun 15, 2010 6:36 PM

Dec 2008
jimgmoreno said:
Dragon-Scales said:

Oh, you are going to fit right in with this crowd!
Jun 15, 2010 7:23 PM

Sep 2009
Dragon-Scales said:
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
Dragon-Scales said:

Actually your partially right J-G ...Vinyl can capture the warmth, and to an extent the emotional intent of those playing the music (be it classical or rock or country..etc) ... However if it's accuracy and clarity then it's digital all the way. IMO ... classical recordings should always be listened to on vinyl. Most other/modern music.. digital is nice for the crispness between tracks :P
And ya this was a debate we had when I did take the recording engineering class some ... 26 yrs ago (now I feel old) :(
certainly a topic that's been hammered into the ground time and time again... perhaps all sides have merit, for me there's a profound depth and clarity that I've not yet seen really captured digitally .. I'll say this for sure, how much you get out of your records really depends on how you take care of them and the quality of your stylus as well as the dynamic range of your sound system in general.

and by no means no need to feel old, you're certainly younger than I am ;-)
Jusenkyo_GuideJun 15, 2010 7:28 PM
Jun 16, 2010 1:48 AM

Dec 2008
jimgmoreno said:
Dragon-Scales said:

But what if that ferret is large as a tank? Then it wouldn't take at all long to gobble someone down! You just GOTTA take all things into proper consideration! ^_^

Jun 16, 2010 8:28 AM

Apr 2009
FhillyFlash said:
But what if that ferret is large as a tank? Then it wouldn't take at all long to gobble someone down! You just GOTTA take all things into proper consideration! ^_^

Guess I just wasn't thinking things through. Guess it's back to TNO. (Trust No One)
- Jim

Jun 16, 2010 1:10 PM

Dec 2008
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

Guess I just wasn't thinking things through. Guess it's back to TNO. (Trust No One)

That's quite understandable, after all, you're new here, and, like all rookies to this club, you're still holding on to some shred of sanity. Once you've dumped said sanity and fully embrace the madness that comes from being part of this club, your mind will open to all sorts of totally whacked out possibilities. It's kinda like getting high, but without all those nasty chemicals! ^_^

Jun 16, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
Hi. My name is Kyuu. I'm an idiot. >:D

Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Jun 16, 2010 5:51 PM

Jun 2009
KyuuAL said:
Hi. My name is Kyuu. I'm an idiot. >:D

Yes... yes you have... and no your not an idiot :)
your just completely certifiable...

Ok.. who let Kyuu out this time???
<< puts Kyuu back in his nice quiet rubber room :P

Jun 16, 2010 6:09 PM

Apr 2009
FhillyFlash said:
That's quite understandable, after all, you're new here, and, like all rookies to this club, you're still holding on to some shred of sanity.

Ooo, I have sanity? Can I eat it? What does it taste like?
- Jim

Jun 16, 2010 6:23 PM

Jun 2009
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:
That's quite understandable, after all, you're new here, and, like all rookies to this club, you're still holding on to some shred of sanity.

Tastes like chicken....
Just like humans everything :P

Jun 16, 2010 6:32 PM

Jun 2008
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

Only slender has a nom, it replaces his good name.

Jun 16, 2010 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
j-g sed: "and by no means no need to feel old, you're certainly younger than I am ;-)"

marcia marcia marcia!
devilbunnies are comming! soon we will be leigon!!
Jun 17, 2010 1:26 AM

Dec 2008
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

Now that's much better! Embrace the nuttiness! You'll have more fun that way! As for the taste, I kinda think it resembles turkey, but without the tryptophan! ^_^

Jun 17, 2010 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
sbyrstall said:
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

And I thought slender's "good name" was "Albatross!!". ^o^
Jun 17, 2010 12:01 PM

Dec 2008
PhillyFlash said:
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

Now that's much better! Embrace the nuttiness! You'll have more fun that way! As for the taste, I kinda think it resembles turkey, but without the tryptophan! ^_^
I thought it tasted more like canvas with a hint of leathery goodness to it.
Jun 17, 2010 1:06 PM

Dec 2008
d-yaro said:
sbyrstall said:
jimgmoreno said:
FhillyFlash said:

And I thought slender's "good name" was "Albatross!!". ^o^

URGH! Are we gonna go down THAT road again? :P

Jun 18, 2010 5:59 PM
May 2010
Dragon-Scales said:
Jusenkyo_Guide said:
Dragon-Scales said:

jimgmoreno said:
Dragon-Scales said:

Well this dragon is well fed... as long as we're talking bout food that is >,<
*bad dragon!!!*

Analog almost always sounds better to me than digital... and I've hear some good analog stuff.
Jun 22, 2010 7:31 AM

Jun 2008
Hello,

I'm the newest member, so I guess I might need some time to find my place here.
I'm female, german and 42 years old. Married to a mad scotsman and currently raising our 3 unruly children. I write for a small german book magazine, mostly reviews (urban fantasy is my home genre) and am otherwise superbusy as taxi-mom, homework-supervisor and such.

I'm more into mangas than anime. My first manga and anime was Akira, that was hundreds of years ago (feels like it anyway), when I was a student of japanese studies. But the real fever got to me only a few years ago, when I discovered bl for myself - yeah, I'm one of those yaoi-obsessed fujoushi ... or at least I guess normal people might say that. You find me a lot at the AGUY Club.

My favourite anime so far was Darker than Black. Others I liked were Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Alchemist, Princess Mononoke and Junjou Romantica.
My favourite mangas are Koisuru Bou-kun, Silver Diamond, Skip Beat, Desire, Cut and Hana Kimi.

Ey, I feel as if I'm filling out a profile on a dating website.
Jun 22, 2010 7:36 AM

Feb 2007
Geisha_X said:
Hello,

I'm the newest member, so I guess I might need some time to find my place here.
I'm female, german and 42 years old. Married to a mad scotsman and currently raising our 3 unruly children. I write for a small german book magazine, mostly reviews (urban fantasy is my home genre) and am otherwise superbusy as taxi-mom, homework-supervisor and such.

I'm more into mangas than anime. My first manga and anime was Akira, that was hundreds of years ago (feels like it anyway), when I was a student of japanese studies. But the real fever got to me only a few years ago, when I discovered bl for myself - yeah, I'm one of those yaoi-obsessed fujoushi ... or at least I guess normal people might say that. You find me a lot at the AGUY Club.

My favourite anime so far was Darker than Black. Others I liked were Ergo Proxy, Full Metal Alchemist, Princess Mononoke and Junjou Romantica.
My favourite mangas are Koisuru Bou-kun, Silver Diamond, Skip Beat, Desire, Cut and Hana Kimi.

Hi and welcome from a fellow German (and part-time fujoshi...XD)!
Jun 22, 2010 9:08 AM

Jun 2009
Well I'll just say Welcome aboard Geisha_X!!
Philly keeps the fridge stocked with .. um.. goodies... I'm sure he'll tell u bout those eventually... :)
Sbyrstall likes to throw food.. well M&M, smarties and such...
Slender pinches things.. not just sanity ... ** I still haven't found the keys to the Tardis yet**
And well.. I'm just downright bat-shit insane.. so I fit in nicely :P

So.. as I said in the club.. come on in.. leave ur sanity at the door (though with 3 partly scotish kids I'm not sure you have any left!!) ... take a seat an relax :P
Here YOU can be the kid :)

Jun 22, 2010 11:04 AM

Jun 2008
kuroraka said:

Of course, it says all about our well-behaved little enclave that the first halfway mature fellow german I meet here is also a fujoshi. I should have seen this coming. ;)

Dragon-Scales said:
Well I'll just say Welcome aboard Geisha_X!!
Philly keeps the fridge stocked with .. um.. goodies... I'm sure he'll tell u bout those eventually... :)
Sbyrstall likes to throw food.. well M&M, smarties and such...
Slender pinches things.. not just sanity ... ** I still haven't found the keys to the Tardis yet**
And well.. I'm just downright bat-shit insane.. so I fit in nicely :P

So.. as I said in the club.. come on in.. leave ur sanity at the door (though with 3 partly scotish kids I'm not sure you have any left!!) ... take a seat an relax :P
Here YOU can be the kid :)

Looks like all the amusing jobs are already dished out then. Well, I'll see if I can find a worthwile occupation.
Jun 22, 2010 11:35 AM

Feb 2007
Geisha_X said:
kuroraka said:

Of course, it says all about our well-behaved little enclave that the first halfway mature fellow german I meet here is also a fujoshi. I should have seen this coming. ;)

LOL! I would think that "halfway mature" is a bit of an exaggeration, but thanks anyhow!XD

But yeah, very nice to (virtually) meet someone with similar interests who's in my own age group and doesn't live thousands of kilometres away for a change!^^
Jun 22, 2010 8:31 PM

Dec 2008
Well, as the semi-sane lonely voice-of-reason around here, I would like to say, welcome to Geisha-X.

* makes note to get barrel of eye bleach topped off for the rest of the male club population. Should not be this empty. Slender, have you been drinking the eye-bleach again? *
Jun 23, 2010 1:34 AM

Dec 2008
Geisha_X said:

Sorry, but I'm already spoken for as I'm Chelle's favorite lackey and manservant! Don't forget to swing by the community fridge and slurp down that chilled Geritol or Ensure. It's good for anything that ails you!

By the by, don't believe what Orlah says about being the lone voice of reason! That's a colossal fib and then some! :P

Jun 27, 2010 1:28 PM

Aug 2008
Ooh! An introduction thread!
Well, I like Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain.
Hmm not that kind of intro thread huh...

Righty then. 30 year old bloke just scraping in the minimum age, residing in England, and alternatively employed (i.e. not). I have far too many hobbies to get a job. Even though it's world cup fever everywhere I turn, I have no interest in sport of any kind, not just because I know we're going to lose...

Despite my 500+ completed, I still feel like a bit of a noob when it comes to anime. There's an awful lot of fairly mainstream that I haven't seen yet, such as Evangelion, Code Geass, LoGH, TTGL, none of Aria (saving it for a rainy day), GTO, Beck, and so on.
Jun 27, 2010 1:40 PM

Jun 2009
ohh fresh meat *DROOL* err.. um... Well welcome aboard Queeg :P
U can have the Pina Coladas... I'll take a chichi if we're using the mix ... better yet toss the mix.. just give me tequila :D
Anyway... from the sounds of it... I think u'll fit right in :P

Now leave any remaining sanity at the door ... otherwise it may be confiscated by OrlahEhontas ...who's apparently harboring the confiscated sanity!!!
(that's the only way he'd have any!!) lol

So... what kinda hobbies have you got??
Are they as kinky interesting as Slender & his dungeon?? :P
lol

Jun 27, 2010 1:47 PM

Sep 2009
Welcome aboard Queeg... great profile pic btw, that's from Kung fu Love right?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (17) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002)

whiteflame55 - Apr 26

22 by whiteflame55 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Discuss the Series You Just Finished ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Chelle - Jul 27, 2009

2878 by jdvz »»
8 hours ago

» Kobato (2009) - April 2024 Group Watch ( 1 2 )

23feanor - Apr 2

51 by whiteflame55 »»
Apr 28, 5:34 AM

» Anime with adult main characters

zubby - Nov 30, 2023

6 by MeganeOverlord »»
Apr 25, 7:50 PM

Sticky: » Interest Thread for a Group Watch ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

23feanor - Oct 26, 2020

290 by OrlahEhontas »»
Apr 24, 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.