Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2014 6:02 PM

Dec 2013
I apologize beforehand since this topic has done many times already, but it's 2014 and I have only seen answers from 2012 concerning this issue, so I really want to make sure that everything is up to date.

From my knowledge, 20 of 22 LN's were made, and the rest weren't since the author unfortunately passed away. I have read that all four anime seasons covered the available LN source, which should be 20 of 22. However, I have also seen from another source that the LN story is different from how the anime story ended up to be, and that the anime ending of season 4 was made up since the author passed away (correct me if I'm wrong). So my concerns are..

1. Assuming that the anime didn't really cover all the LN's, where can I start to pick up to read for the LN's? I see that not all of the 20 LN's are translated yet to English, so that might be another issue.

2. How different are the two? I am prepared if the story is different from anime to LN, so if that's the case, where in the LN's does the story start to diverge from the anime?

Also, if there is any kind of detail about the series, no matter how insignificant, that would be good to know about anything in the series, please post your thoughts. I haven't been keeping up with this series as I stopped after season 2 and am finally getting back into this in 2014.

Feb 13, 2016 2:36 PM

Sep 2015
I know it's old and your probably already read it but maybe others that see this, hope I can help... You should start from the beginning ideally.
If you really insist, volume 4 is the last volume where it remotely follow the story. But volume 3 is a better place. So around the latter/end of season 1.

The are plenty of differences even in season 1, but not enough to say it's a different story unlike the rest. The other seasons do use plot points of the novel, but completely in different order, changes enough that it has nothing to do with original concepts.
First off:

-Louise's part time job as a maid is AFTER 'Albion of the wind' or the part with Wardes AND the war with Albion.
In the anime, she displays some of her explosion magic against the noble despite not even finding it out as she never even got around to use it. Inconsistency!

-Siesta never gets sold, that was a filler episode. Though I understood why they did it, but it was done in a pretty cheesy way. It would be nice if the novel included a scene similar to this, but not as cliche.

-The moon alignment doesn't exist. The novel did not reveal a way of going between worlds without using void. I won't spoil on how Saito got in to this world in the first place, it was hinted in the later parts of the novel.

-The A6M5 never runs out of ammunition, it takes some damage from the ships firing grapeshot.
It maneuvers around and actually shoots down Wardes. Wardes never had an advantage in the battle.

I think that's pretty much all of it. Maybe some minor differences. Like how Louise's room is rearranged(The novel explicitly describe her room)
Oh, and the classroom lesson prior to Saito's summoning is not before but after(Saito was present to see the exploding gold transmutation)

Also as a note of the ending, Ancient fire dragon DOES NOT EXIST. It is something else with a similar name that I won't spoil. ZnT have VERY good plot progression, each arc connects to the next, but the anime butchered it by frequent event rearrangement.
Though character development is relatively weak.
zcv45Feb 13, 2016 2:42 PM
Feb 20, 2016 12:57 AM
Jan 2015
Is there any LN or manga or else which happens after anime ends? It would be most wonderful to see Loise or even all their company in modern times with all awkward and funny situations they may get there.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 23, 2012

382 by HandSonicPlayer »»
May 17, 1:45 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 17, 2012

71 by Toptenfunnymomen »»
Jan 5, 2:47 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Mar 9, 2012

120 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:55 AM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Elite60 - Feb 24, 2012

77 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 2, 2023 4:00 PM

Poll: » Zero no Tsukaima F Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Feb 3, 2012

135 by Comander-07 »»
Dec 1, 2023 3:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.