Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 24, 2020 7:44 PM
May 2020
"That jerk! He forgets me just after three or four episodes!"
"Well, I think most would."

😂How has this guy not be fired? He already tries to kill him on a daily basis!🤨🤣
Dec 21, 2020 11:34 AM
May 2020
This episode really gave way to Gintoki's bushido. I like the fact when he fought against Hijikata Tashiro, he kept his motive ambiguous while garnering the respect of his opponent. For the time it was made id say that this episode was done quite well for the type of anime Gintama is atm.
Dec 27, 2020 1:18 PM

May 2019
I still don’t understand why people say this anime is a slow burner. It has been fantastic since episode 1!

Great episode once again :) Hijikata and Gintoki are badass! Gintoki is also so different from other shounen protagonists. And all his serious lines make sense!
Mar 20, 2021 4:10 PM

Mar 2019
Damn amazing episode and probably the first serious one. Enjoyed it a alot.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 29, 2021 9:25 PM
Oct 2020
Gintama never disappoints me!
May 21, 2021 6:02 PM

Jul 2020
Alright, I gotta say that I really enjoyed this episode as always. I like how Gintama can shift from a really comedic tone to a very serious tone, and I really like that.

I really enjoyed learning about why the Shinsengumi that are working under Kondo find him to be very important as well, and of course, I really liked the interaction between Gintoki and Hijikata in this episode as well; definitely excited to see what's next!
Nov 4, 2021 3:04 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Gintoki working for that old guy with baldness because he lost the dumb version of rock paper scissor xD the Shinsengumi dudes wanted to catch him after his previous fight and he ended up fighting against Hijikata but kinda spared him with breaking his katana, that was pretty good, Gintoki has a lot of potential for sure I really like him
Jan 2, 2022 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Marvelous Episode, easily the best episode so far for me!! 5/5!!
First of all, all the funny jokes & scene landed perfectly for me and that RPS game was just hilarious. Baldy word was used too much in this episode. And shinsengumi tried to catch silver haired samurai, but they all got at wrong place everytime.
Fight scene at the end was amazing and Gintoki is not someone you want make angry because he's stronger then you think!!
Feb 4, 2022 2:43 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like Gin has the same attitude as alot of other typical heroes, not to really fight back if someone tries to kill you. Eh...
Feb 4, 2022 5:14 AM

Oct 2016
Gator said:
Seems like Gin has the same attitude as alot of other typical heroes, not to really fight back if someone tries to kill you. Eh...

Maybe him carrying a wooden sword should've cued you in on that?
Feb 4, 2022 5:26 AM

Apr 2013
Germs_N_Spices said:
Gator said:

Even with a wooden sword you would at least attack the enemy to disable him, in this episode he didn't even dare to attack the body, but instead attacked the enemy's weapon.
Feb 4, 2022 6:49 AM

Oct 2016
Gator said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Even with a wooden sword you would at least attack the enemy to disable him, in this episode he didn't even dare to attack the body, but instead attacked the enemy's weapon.

I'll leave you to judge for yourself. Just oughtta point out that he totally killed the three leopard guys in episode 3.
Feb 4, 2022 7:07 AM

Apr 2013
Germs_N_Spices said:
Gator said:

I'll leave you to judge for yourself. Just oughtta point out that he totally killed the three leopard guys in episode 3.

How did he "totally" kill them? He attacked them with a wooden sword and nobody mentioned that they died in the process.
Feb 4, 2022 7:13 AM

Oct 2016
Gator said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

How did he "totally" kill them? He attacked them with a wooden sword and nobody mentioned that they died in the process.

When Shinpachi was chasing Gintoki, he said that he was being accused of murder. As for how, Gintama logic, I guess.
Feb 4, 2022 7:23 AM

Apr 2013
Germs_N_Spices said:
Gator said:

When Shinpachi was chasing Gintoki, he said that he was being accused of murder. As for how, Gintama logic, I guess.

Must be my subtitles then, I rewatched the scene again and there was no mention of it. I read about it in the wiki though and there it's mentioned that he killed them. So... basically Gin is racist and will only kill aliens? O_O
Feb 4, 2022 7:32 AM

Mar 2021
Gator said:
Germs_N_Spices said:

Must be my subtitles then, I rewatched the scene again and there was no mention of it. I read about it in the wiki though and there it's mentioned that he killed them. So... basically Gin is racist and will only kill aliens? O_O
understandable, he was pissed off because of a goddamn chocolate parfait xD
🐐

Feb 4, 2022 7:41 AM

Apr 2013
Azraiii said:
Gator said:

understandable, he was pissed off because of a goddamn chocolate parfait xD

Will given what a sugar junkie he is... xD
Though I understand that the first episodes do not represent the later episodes, so I won't try to interpet too much into his personality ^^;
Feb 5, 2022 10:42 AM
Mar 2021
So far Gintama has been ok, i still haven't laughed hysterically like most of the comments i read, but i think ill continue watching it because it looks like it has potential, i mean it must be popular and highly rated for a reason. There was a serious moment at the end which i liked, and based on the comments it'll get more serious as we go. Anyways, i look forward to watching more.
Jul 3, 2022 3:14 AM

Jun 2021
"you will be forgiven for the recorder theft but you will have to shove it where the sun don't shine"

"why do you have two of them?" Checkmate.

And after this great cold opening, even Shinpachi surprisingly takes part in... belching?

those pictures of the old guy artificially made more beautiful by the 275 and 384 %... lol

That old guy looked like Fairy Tail guild master

Hiji was already demonic with Yamazaki just for a wrong address, and Sogo was probably proud of Gintoki for that accidental attempted murder of the former

Kagura is suddenly all surprised and worried ... but not for her boss

"Call the police" "i am the police" glad that this joke already happened this soon

And finally, cool, a real lesson this time by professor Gintoki. "Go behind the chalkboard!"
Sep 14, 2022 8:55 AM
Sep 2022
see my episode 7 discussion thread
Jul 24, 2023 11:22 AM

Aug 2022
I think that I'm finally starting to enjoy this anime.
Aug 23, 2023 9:29 AM
May 2017
It was a fun episode but I wish the story was more serious. He have a lot of things established that deserve more attention. So, the Mangaka should had made some of the jokes smaller in length.
Mar 12, 8:05 AM
Jan 2024
very fye banger episode 5/5
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 77 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Sep 8, 2008

94 by Iamtragedy »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Gintama Episode 153 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

PandaPuff - Apr 16, 2009

156 by ZYChronoAce »»
Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Oct 24, 2007

95 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 147 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

70 by ilovelidya »»
May 11, 9:22 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 194 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kashim - Feb 4, 2010

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
May 11, 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.