Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 21, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We get more info dump this episode with the games and such.

More shooting competitions though in the second half with Shizuku participating in it as well. Typical episode I guess. They balanced out between the action somewhat and the dialogues.
Jun 21, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Accident during competition, and caused by some magic interfering it.

So that magic mentioned earlier in the Arc is somehow important.

Also a meeting to prevent victory for another school.

More competitions.
tsubasaloverJun 21, 2014 12:13 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 21, 2014 9:11 AM

Oct 2013
If they could make explanations for magic like they did for Shizuku in this episode, why on earth didn't they do the same for Mayumi last episode? It would have taken less time.
Jun 21, 2014 9:41 AM
Jul 2011
Yes, I was waiting for someone to sabatoge the competition, but it still feels bad someone has to get hurt.

Rookies getting replaced is inevitable.
To win?
Jun 21, 2014 9:52 AM
Oct 2012
Probably the best episode of the series to date in that they added some characterization to the other school members, showed them either training or improving their skills, and at least had some action during the info dump. Also provided some plot with the first school trying to figure out exactly how they are being cheated.

The weak point of this episode, as with the entire series, is with the art of this show, which remains too flat. The shooter basically just stood there and didn't even move her gun. I don't care if she didn't have too, just having her move a little would have provided some movement in a show that has far too little. Also, far too many dark scenes; it doesn't work with this series because all the normal colors are already pretty subdued so you have dark upon dark. I am not asking for a carnival of colors and movement, but animation is after all supposed to be animated, this show has more of a placard feeling to it (single pictures with lots of narrations).

I also wish they would dump the CAD designs (for instance during the explanation of the shooting competition), this is more a personal than intrinsic complaint, but I feel like I am watching Tron; they did better when they overdubbed the narration with the girl actually shooting. I think this should have done this for the whole bit, along with having the girl move, this would have made her talent more obvious and exciting.

But to leave on a positive note, this was the first episode where the "irregular" really started to take shape: Tatsuya seems to be building a team within the school, and that creates interest for upcoming episodes.
Jun 21, 2014 11:38 AM

Jul 2010
A Third High conspiracy! Affecting the water and making the board accelerate.
The accident made Miyuki be the participant of the Official Mirage Bat!
That speed shooting was a little... the large radius made it seem not as interesting.
Kinda curious what Tatsuya's new CAD gun would do.
Something about the committee interfering. To get the top two out in Battle Boarding, the traps were set up really well. When would they strike again!
Jun 21, 2014 11:40 AM

May 2010
I don't get how authorities would give away surveillance footage so easily to another student. Shouldn't the adults be taking care of this stuff?
Jun 21, 2014 11:44 AM
Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
I don't get how authorities would give away surveillance footage so easily to another student. Shouldn't the adults be taking care of this stuff?

Its coz of the ten master clan, having 2 member of the ten master clan give them a lot of power. If they don't give it to them its basically not giving respect to the ten master clan.
Jun 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Dec 2010
Not a bad episode, though they could have cut that pointless explanation of how the gun CAD worked. Even the voice actress sounded bored (more so than usual) while explaining.
Jun 21, 2014 11:54 AM

May 2010
RexZShadow said:
wrenchbread said:

Its coz of the ten master clan, having 2 member of the ten master clan give them a lot of power. If they don't give it to them its basically not giving respect to the ten master clan.

Don't you see how that line of thinking is wrong? Just because you're "important" doesn't mean you get to overstep authority.
Jun 21, 2014 12:09 PM
Jan 2014
wrenchbread said:
Don't you see how that line of thinking is wrong? Just because you're "important" doesn't mean you get to overstep authority.

Keep in mind that the ten master clans are the authority as far as magic is concerned. It's their jurisdiction. But otherwise I agree, it's wrong.
Jun 21, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2010
rallie said:
wrenchbread said:

Keep in mind that the ten master clans are the authority as far as magic is concerned. It's their jurisdiction. But otherwise I agree, it's wrong.

Then let the adults take care of it. Children have no business here.
Jun 21, 2014 12:18 PM
Nov 2010
wrenchbread said:
rallie said:

That makes no sense as the those children in the ten masters clan are basically the same as or on par as government officials. Other than that viewing after match videos is nothing hard to do since that's how it is for most competitions.
Jun 21, 2014 12:23 PM

Jul 2013
Finally some explanations. Some people don't like them but I find them interesting.
wrenchbread said:

The power of the clans ascends beyond that of judicial authorities. They are granted great influence by the government which they use to protect the magical community and maintain the balance of power within the country.
Jun 21, 2014 12:26 PM
Jan 2014
wrenchbread said:
rallie said:

But that's just it, in the mahouka universe, they are considered to be adults, the 10MC + 100 children especially. Their values, morals, social mores, etc. are all very much pre-modern in many ways.
Jun 21, 2014 12:26 PM
Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
RexZShadow said:

Its how the world works, doesn't matter if its wrong or right. If you have power you can overstep authority simple as that.
Jun 21, 2014 12:27 PM
Jun 2014
I have an interesting question if I may ask. Why is there no security to be seen so far not only in this episode but in those before? I mean, they were attacked by terrorist and students are attacked at night. How can the adults be so little interest in the students’ protection? Seriously, I don’t understand why no adult takes action to investigate everything and the teenagers are the ones who try to figure out who is behind all of this, it’s so stupid. We saw that "magic" can kill people, that the students can kill people and none authorities took safety measures?
KaraYoukaiJun 21, 2014 12:33 PM
Jun 21, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2014
wrenchbread said:

I don't see why they shouldn't give it to a student, they could make copies of it and give it out if requested the schools could use tapes for tactical purposes etc, also i think the events of the tournament are televised similar to sport tournaments.
AlexJun 21, 2014 12:38 PM
Jun 21, 2014 12:31 PM

May 2010
MrJc said:

That makes no sense as the those children in the ten masters clan are basically the same as or on par as government officials. Other than that viewing after match videos is nothing hard to do since that's how it is for most competitions.

In what sane world would power of authority be given to children, much less children of aristocrats? And that's surveillance footage; they're not from the cameras used to broadcast the event.

RexZShadow said:

Its how the world works, doesn't matter if its wrong or right. If you have power you can overstep authority simple as that.

"It's just the way it is" isn't even an argument. I'm asking in what kind of sane world where they want to prevent abuse of power but give mages free reign? It makes no sense.
wrenchbreadJun 21, 2014 12:48 PM
Jun 21, 2014 12:37 PM
Jan 2014
KaraYoukai said:
I have an interesting question if I may ask. Why is there no security to be seen so far not only in this episode but in those before? I mean, they were attacked by terrorist and students are attacked at night. How can the adults be so little interest in the students’ protection? Seriously, I don’t understand why no adult takes action to investigate everything and the teenagers are the ones who try to figurate out who is behind all of this, it’s so stupid.

For the earlier episodes (such as Enrollment arc) they weren't shown in the anime, but in this episode we do see officials and again we may consider them to be children or teenagers but in Mahouka, they are considered to be adults. They already have many adult responsibilities. Look back at episode 1, Tatsuya wasn't even supposed to attend high school. It's not compulsory. He was supposed to work for his father. That's also why Mayumi was late a few episodes ago when they left for 9SC.
Jun 21, 2014 12:43 PM
Nov 2010
wrenchbread said:
rallie said:

In what sane world would power of authority be given to children, much less children of aristocrats? And that's surveillance footage; they're not from the cameras used to broadcast the event.

RexZShadow said:

Its how the world works, d
oesn't matter if its wrong or right. If you have power you can overstep authority simple as that.

"It's just the way it is" isn't even an argument. I'm asking in what kind of sane world where they want to prevent abuse of power but give mages free reign? It makes no sense.

no it's a pretty good argument remember it's a world where 3 billion died in war and the arms race for stronger magicians are the reason the war stopped. I don't see why you can't understand that the 10 masters clans (strongest magicians) are basically government officials who run the country.
MrJcJun 21, 2014 12:50 PM
Jun 21, 2014 12:44 PM
Jan 2014
wrenchbread said:
rallie said:

I didn't say those things in your quote, btw.

Since when is mahouka a sane world? See the end credits. Also they are not children in this world, they are adults.
Like others have said, Mayumi and Juumonji have the authority. It is within the jurisdiction of the 10MC to handle these events. That is legal jurisdiction.
Jun 21, 2014 12:47 PM

Jul 2012
wrenchbread: it's because you're equating "children" of Mahouka's world with children of our world. In our world, yes, it would probably be crazy to give that much authority to a high school kid. In Mahouka, some of these "kids" are heirs to the most influential and powerful families in the country, and have been dealing with government, politics, and administration from a younger age than we see here. Responsibility and duty are concepts that have been hammered into them since birth
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 21, 2014 12:48 PM

Mar 2013
wrenchbread said:

ERR it's a televised event?

Overall slightly less boring than the last 11 episodes.

Jun 21, 2014 12:51 PM

May 2010
Newhopes said:
wrenchbread said:

ERR it's a televised event?

Overall slightly less boring than the last 11 episodes.

Apparently it's livestreamed according to millie in the last episode thread but we have no evidence of that in the anime.

mg021 said:
wrenchbread: it's because you're equating "children" of Mahouka's world with children of our world. In our world, yes, it would probably be crazy to give that much authority to a high school kid. In Mahouka, some of these "kids" are heirs to the most influential and powerful families in the country, and have been dealing with government, politics, and administration from a younger age than we see here. Responsibility and duty are concepts that have been hammered into them since birth

But they're still children with developing minds. Other people not part of the 10MCs I'm pretty sure are taught to be civil minded people with duty to society but I'm sure they're not considered government officials even if they're taught from birth. The same can be said for children of military families. Just because they're taught doesn't mean they're qualified. Most anime/manga/LNs think up situations where they can justify the children having an overinflated sense of self. Adults are nowhere to be seen and seem to have no power whatsoever. Mahouka is a series that takes itself seriously and tries to adhere to some sort of realism, but honestly, would you allow children to run your country? And giving concentrated power to mages instead of checking them with the federal government (you know, a president with a cabinet at the very least?) is a huge oversight.
wrenchbreadJun 21, 2014 1:17 PM
Jun 21, 2014 1:04 PM

May 2010
MrJc said:

regardless if it's televised or not it's common to give schools recordings of the matches in sports is it not?

Not security footage, assuming if schools even have security cameras. The footage you're talking about is the recorded match, which is NOT security footage (view of happenings in the stands, backstage, etc.)

I'll try asking my university for their security footage to the last sports game they had. Wish me luck.
Jun 21, 2014 1:05 PM

Mar 2013
MrJc said:
wrenchbread said:

Apparently it's livestreamed according to millie in the last episode thread but we have no evidence of that in the anime.

regardless if it's televised or not it's common to give schools recordings of the matches in sports is it not?

Yes to form tactic's and strategies, plus this isn't officially a crime it's just frist highs suspicion of which they have no proof.

Jun 21, 2014 1:08 PM

Aug 2011
I love how he avoided Shizuku by saying "Let's talk about that after i get my license". I bet hes at other side of the planet by then lol

Still shes the best character of this episode xD
Jun 21, 2014 1:23 PM
Nov 2010
You do realize this is more so on the terms of funal lords
wrenchbread said:
MrJc said:

Not security footage, assuming if schools even have security cameras. The footage you're talking about is the recorded match, which is NOT security footage (view of happenings in the stands, backstage, etc.)

I'll try asking my university for their security footage to the last sports game they had. Wish me luck.

Oops I deleted my comment as I was editing it since you changed yours

A good example would be to say that they are more like a shogunate except that instead of an emperor appointing them it's determined by who is the strongest. Like in that system The "children" are just as respected as the parents. Like it's been said they are basically government officials and they act accordingly.

To say that these "children" have developing minds and shouldn't be doing this or that is wrong. They know how they should act and what they are allowed to do.
Jun 21, 2014 1:25 PM
Jul 2018
An accident happened during the competition.

Shizuku was pretty good at speed shooting.
Jun 21, 2014 1:25 PM

Jul 2012
wrenchbread: I, and others, have already outlined how, in this regard, the fantasy world of Mahouka is different from our own. If your only argument is that it doesn't make sense because the fantasy world isn't like the real world, then I don't know what to tell you..... fantasy worlds are supposed to be different from reality
NinjaDustJun 21, 2014 1:29 PM
"Let's make a miracle happen using the power of friendship."
"If that was all it took, there'd be no need for training arcs!"

"Normal rabbits don't carry guns!"
Jun 21, 2014 1:30 PM
Oct 2013

Again, you seem to somewhat ignoring the whole CONTEXT.

First of all, who are YOU to request the security footage? Yes, it is crazy to leave the authority in the hand of teenagers, ordinary that is. You think people like Leo, Honoka or Shizuku would be able to obtain the footage? No way in hell. The ones in the show (at least Katsuto and Mayumi) are the direct descendants of the 10 Master Clans. Also, one of the top students from their school was injured in a suspicious accident, the board manager would be out of his mind to outright refuse First High's demand of seeing the footage

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisJun 22, 2014 2:33 AM
Jun 21, 2014 1:36 PM
Nov 2010
UltraZulwarn said:

First of all, who are YOU to request the security footage? Yes, it is crazy to leave the authority in the hand of teenagers, ordinary that is. You think people like Leo, Honoka or Shizuku would be able to obtain the footage? No way in hell. The ones in the show (at least Katsuto and Mayumi) are the direct descendants of the 10 Master Clans. Also, one of the top students from their school was injured in a suspicious accident, the board manager would be out of his mind to outright refuse First High's demand of seeing the footage

Pretty much expect Shizuku could probably get away with it but that's for a completely different reason :D
Jun 21, 2014 1:41 PM
Oct 2013
KaraYoukai said:
I have an interesting question if I may ask. Why is there no security to be seen so far not only in this episode but in those before? I mean, they were attacked by terrorist and students are attacked at night. How can the adults be so little interest in the students’ protection? Seriously, I don’t understand why no adult takes action to investigate everything and the teenagers are the ones who try to figure out who is behind all of this, it’s so stupid. We saw that "magic" can kill people, that the students can kill people and none authorities took safety measures?
the bus was outside the jurisdiction of the security forces and the 3 guys tatsuya and mihiki captured where turned over to MPs. The attack at night wont be left unexamined it just comes into play later
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
Jun 21, 2014 1:47 PM

May 2010
UltraZulwarn said:

First of all, who are YOU to request the security footage?

That's exactly the reaction you should have. I'm sure if I was some aristocrat they wouldn't pay me a single bit of mind either. I have no business requesting it, just as the students here don't have business either.

UltraZulwarn said:

Yes, it is crazy to leave the authority in the hand of teenagers, ordinary that is. You think people like Leo, Honoka or Shizuku would be able to obtain the footage? No way in hell. The ones in the show (at least Katsuto and Mayumi) are the direct descendants of the 10 Master Clans. Also, one of the top students from their school was injured in a suspicious accident, the board manager would be out of his mind to outright refuse First High's demand of seeing the footage

The board manager would be wise to do an internal investigation first. Do you think the police would release security footage because an heir of an influential family requests it before finding out anything? No, you're gonna let the adults do their job. This is what they're trained to do. You'll get info on a need to know basis or you can put a request to my CO. I don't care what sort of status you got, you all go through the process the same as other people. The security staff or even the competition should be investigating, not the children. This is not their territory.
Jun 21, 2014 1:54 PM

Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
The security staff or even the competition should be investigating, not the children. This is not their territory.

But that's what people have been trying to tell you. It really is their territory. Or is the fact that Tatsuya's the one taking the lead on First High's investigation rather than Mayumi or Katsuto the problem? They gave the students (Tatsuya, Isori and Kanon) permission to investigate. Don't confuse that investigation for the official investigation done by the NSC's officials. If they find evidence of foul play, they'll give that evidence to the officials but First High, courtesy of 2 10MC descendants has every right to ask for a copy of the match and analyze it.
Jun 21, 2014 2:13 PM

May 2010
millie10468 said:
is the fact that Tatsuya's the one taking the lead on First High's investigation rather than Mayumi or Katsuto the problem?

What makes you say that? :)

Seriously, the whole "adults are useless" thing supersedes that.
Jun 21, 2014 2:18 PM

Jan 2014
Does Tatsuya have to do everything in this show ? If the cause of the accident is unknown/unclear, wouldn't it be natural for the authorities in charge of the tournament to analyze the footage and launch an investigation by themselves?

Also why is he the one who came to Mari and sent her to the hospital ? Shouldn't a medical care team be already on site during those type of events ? A supporter has normally no business leaving the bleachers and getting into the field as it would only get in the way of nursing staff.

My suspension of disbelief is usually pretty lax but there's only so much I can bear of kids doing everything and adults simply being there for form's sake.
SapewlothMar 9, 2016 3:15 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 21, 2014 2:21 PM
Oct 2013

The board manager would be wise to do an internal investigation first. Do you think the police would release security footage because an heir of an influential family requests it before finding out anything? No, you're gonna let the adults do their job. This is what they're trained to do. You'll get info on a need to know basis or you can put a request to my CO. I don't care what sort of status you got, you all go through the process the same as other people. The security staff or even the competition should be investigating, not the children. This is not their territory.[/quote]

Ah yes, now I get it, you're assuming that the officiers are doing nothing but left the whole thing to students? Sigh.....seriously? Well, that isn't shown but they ARE doing something regarding the accident.

Do you read Detective Conan? Now THAT IS a KID going around the crime scene asking for evidences, though not always work but all Conan needs ro do is Mouri's name (although most of the time he asks for something that is usually ignored)

Last but not least, though I seem to keep repeating myself, it's not like First High was going around "Gimme the fucking footage, you useless pricks!!", but rather in the manner of wishing to see how their competitor fell in the accident

Mod Edit: Modified quote tower; please spoiler or remove old quotes.
VudisJun 22, 2014 2:35 AM
Jun 21, 2014 2:21 PM

Oct 2013
wrenchbread said:
millie10468 said:
is the fact that Tatsuya's the one taking the lead on First High's investigation rather than Mayumi or Katsuto the problem?

What makes you say that? :)

Seriously, the whole "adults are useless" thing supersedes that.

It's not "adults are useless" but rather "The 10MC is super powerful when it comes to magic issues." In those cases, whether or not the people involved are adults or children is irrelevant. As long as they're 10MC, they have more power than anyone else. Once descendants of 10MC reach a certain point, they cease to be seen as merely adults and begin (or officially, in some cases) to be groomed as members of the clan whose words have some weight. It's just that high school seems to be that point so it makes high school students seem more powerful than the adults. If you find that disconcerting, don't worry. It's something that has ramifications way beyond letting "children" do the work of "adults" and is addressed.
Jun 21, 2014 2:22 PM

May 2010
Sapewloth said:
Does Tatsuya have to do everything in this show ? If the cause of the accident is unknown/unclear, wouldn't it be natural for the authorities in charge of the tournament to analyze the footage and launch an investigation by themselves?

Also why is he the one who came to Mari and sent her to the hospital ? Shouldn't a medical care team be already on site during those type of events ? A supporter has normally no business leaving the bleachers and getting into the stadium as it would only get in the way of nursing staff.

THANK YOU. This is especially glaring with the FIFA World Cup going on, that this group of very important and influential students don't have the proper accommodations that even Muggles have. Just what the hell?
Jun 21, 2014 2:29 PM

May 2014
wrenchbread said:
Sapewloth said:

Also why is he the one who came to Mari and sent her to the hospital ? Shouldn't a medical care team be already on site during those type of events ? A supporter has normally no business leaving the bleachers and getting into the stadium as it would only get in the way of nursing staff.

THANK YOU. This is especially glaring with the FIFA World Cup going on, that this group of very important and influential students don't have the proper accommodations that even Muggles have. Just what the hell?

..Many has already explained it to you,you keep on comparing the Mahouka u. to the real world.The descendants of the 10MC are absolute in the Mahouka u.If they say jump,politicians jump.

@ Sapelwloth Tatsuya is the MC,if you have problems that he keeps on appearing/doing something then this show is not for you.It's like complaining that Naruto keeps on doing everything.
Jun 21, 2014 2:30 PM
Nov 2010
millie10468 said:
wrenchbread said:
The security staff or even the competition should be investigating, not the children. This is not their territory.

But that's what people have been trying to tell you. It really is their territory. Or is the fact that Tatsuya's the one taking the lead on First High's investigation rather than Mayumi or Katsuto the problem? They gave the students (Tatsuya, Isori and Kanon) permission to investigate. Don't confuse that investigation for the official investigation done by the NSC's officials. If they find evidence of foul play, they'll give that evidence to the officials but First High, courtesy of 2 10MC descendants has every right to ask for a copy of the match and analyze it.

From what I understand he is going to continue to ignore what ever anyone says to him because he just cant wrap his head around the idea that they are important people and not just "children"
Jun 21, 2014 2:37 PM

May 2010
darkreaperix said:

..Many has already explained it to you,you keep on comparing the Mahouka u. to the real world.The descendants of the 10MC are absolute in the Mahouka u.If they say jump,politicians jump.

OK, I've been getting conflicting reports from all over the fandom. I've heard that mages are treated as second citizens and actually sell their services to the state for perks and privileges. Now you're telling me the contrary, that these mages have the government wrapped around their finger.

I don't even know what's real anymore.

MrJc said:

From what I understand he is going to continue to ignore what ever anyone says to him because he just cant wrap his head around the idea that they are important people and not just "children"

They're children of people who happen to be important. Still doesn't mean shit to me, or are you willing to bend to the wills of such people. Have you no love for due process?
Jun 21, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2014
wrenchbread said:
darkreaperix said:

OK, I've been getting conflicting reports from all over the fandom. I've heard that mages are treated as second citizens and actually sell their services to the state for perks and privileges. Now you're telling me the contrary, that these mages have the government wrapped around their finger.

We are not talking about ordinary mages,but the 10MC,clans strong enough to destroy a country by 1 clan alone.
Jun 21, 2014 2:40 PM

Jan 2014
darkreaperix said:
@ Sapelwloth Tatsuya is the MC,if you have problems that he keeps on appearing/doing something then this show is not for you.It's like complaining that Naruto keeps on doing everything.
Excuse my French, but how in the fuck is this even an argument? What I'm questioning is not even the fact that Tatsuya appears a lot (it's bound to happen, he's the damn MC after all) but the credibility of Mahoukaverse as a whole.
I don't give a rat's ass that Mahouka is set in a fantasy world or whatever you want to call it : like it or not, Mahoukaverse is a futuristic world close to our own and is, like any other verse, supposed to have an internal logic that the audience can follow and use to rationalize events occuring within this verse.

If we go by the logic of the world we've been presented, the authorities SHOULD have done something on their own, and a medical care staff SHOULD have been there. It's not even a matter of fantasy or nah at this point : it's just goddam common sense. And yes, the World Cup and the FIFA's role in it is a perfect example of what's wrong with the 9SC.

PS: Oh my, now that I remember. Did Tatsu actually send Miyuki to open the door, like she didn't perfectly hear the bell? Oh come one.
SapewlothJun 21, 2014 2:59 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Jun 21, 2014 2:49 PM

May 2010
darkreaperix said:

We are not talking about ordinary mages,but the 10MC,clans strong enough to destroy a country by 1 clan alone.

Suddenly there's a distinction? There's a mage caste system?

Riddle me this, is there an entity that rivals the 10MCs? I'm surprised there's not more conflict in the Mahoukaverse when there is concentrated power in the hands of a few Japanese families. Just look at our world history. (Now before you go, "stop comparing it to the real world!" This is a story that takes our world from 1999 onward and introduces magic to it, so I don't think it's unfair to assume that common sense truths shouldn't be thrown out by 2095. If anything their world regressed.)
Jun 21, 2014 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
millie10468 said:
wrenchbread said:

Let me see if I can explain it correctly. All magicians add up to about or less than 10% of the population. Even with their immense power, there's no way they can rule the world. However, their powers are indispensable to the military of the respective countries. So in Japan, a compromise was made in which the small number of magicians trade their services for the ability to have full jurisdiction over anything magic. The muggle government has no reason to turn this down. It's obvious they would be useless anyway in issues pertaining to magic. The magicians set up a system in which there are elites among elites known as the 10 Master Clan. Every 5 years or so, a meeting is held in which the next batch of 10 top clans are decided. These 10MC have absolute power over magic issues. Their children, especially the heirs of the clan, are groomed to take over once they reach high school. The magicians being treated as second class citizens comes from the fact that they are seen as tools and weapons by the muggles and the muggle government. Magicians have very little options when it comes to jobs outside magic but powerful magicians are usually set for life. Magicians defer to the muggle government in ALL cases, except magic ones. However, anti-magician sentiments seem to be rising as a result of this absolute jusrisdiction in all thing magic and some of them seem to want magicians to offer their magic services for free, that is, turn over magic jurisdiction to the muggle government and get rid of their privileges when it comes to magic. Such is the motive of organizations such as Blanche.

wrenchbread said:

Riddle me this, is there an entity that rivals the 10MCs? I'm surprised there's not more conflict in the Mahoukaverse when there is concentrated power in the hands of a few Japanese families. Just look at our world history. (Now before you go, "stop comparing it to the real world!" This is a story that takes our world from 1999 onward and introduces magic to it, so I don't think it's unfair to assume that common sense truths shouldn't be thrown out by 2095. If anything their world regressed.)

See, if you could just wait, you'll see this is the exact issue that's being addressed in the novels. Mahouka might not be a masterpiece but it doesn't leave such glaring plotholes either. What you might see as a plot hole is something that's been explained in the novels. The anime might not get there but the novels have.
Jun 21, 2014 3:03 PM

Jun 2014
The anime isn't a good stand-alone. The issues u are bringing up here are explained better in the novel and some of them are just explained later on. If you don't mind spoilers but are too lazy to read the novel u can PM me and ill answer your questions. Because to the anime only watchers u sound like a logical guy but to the novel readers u sound like your IQ is in the - part. IT's unexplainable without spoilers.

And yes i made an account just to post this.
Jun 21, 2014 3:06 PM
Nov 2010
wrenchbread said:

Actually I would say yes it is fair or did you forget about the war that left only 3 billion people alive? and the reason that war ended was due to the magicians?which is basically why the magicians are able to do what they do now.

Riddle me this, is there an entity that rivals the 10MCs?
yes there is actually
MrJcJun 21, 2014 3:09 PM
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.