Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 21, 2014 1:43 PM
Jun 2014
This episode, at least for me, was pretty disappointing. The last episode was amazing, answered tons of questions, had great pacing, and really interesting character development. This episode had confusing pacing, unexplained events, questionable motivations, almost no questions answered and if anything, gave me even more questions. 3.5/5

[/spoiler][/quote]
xFaithy said:
Good episode , I liked it, even though it did confuse me .. again

How did Ene get her body back?
Why was nobody suprised to see her standing there IN PERSON?

I actually forgot what regular Ene looked like. I mistook her for Hiyori actually xD.
Jun 21, 2014 2:02 PM

Jun 2013
Yes! IA sang Moon-Viewing Recital! Ene got her body back! Shintaro saves Ayano (and she cries ;_; )! The blindfold gang is complete! AND THE FINAL EPISODE WILL BE BASED ONN THE SUMMER TIME RECORD (the good ending timeline)

Hopefully IA sings the song or Jin himself. I only have high hopes for this final episode. GL Shaft

Here comes the hype train!
Akio-kunJun 21, 2014 2:13 PM
Jun 21, 2014 2:09 PM

May 2013
So Ene got her body back. I got confused when I first watched that part.
Jun 21, 2014 2:51 PM
Jul 2018
Another good episode. I hope the conclusion to the series won't let me down.

By the way,does anyone know when or whether at all,will be the OST released?
I would like to hear full version of anime version of Lost Time Memory.
Jun 21, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2010
Really great episode!

About Ene/Takane, if she got her body when she was with Kano, then he and Seto won't be surprised with her. And all the others maybe were too focused with Momo powers.

Hoping for a good conclusion on the final episode.
CPteronJun 21, 2014 3:04 PM
Jun 21, 2014 3:00 PM
Jul 2018
Weeee, takane got her body back!
4.5/5
Jun 21, 2014 3:27 PM

Jul 2007
Shit that was good. I love all the characters and damn if i want a bad ending. Everything seems to go into the right way at least. I really hope for an awesome finale next week with everyone getting back together(well it almost happened this episode) and being lovey-dovey with each other :D

Go go Shintaro bring Ayano back :3
Jun 21, 2014 3:28 PM

Jun 2013
Gotta love Shaft for skipping the parts on how Takane/Ene got her body back and the fact that they skipped Yobanashi Deceive (Kano's song) remixed. Next episode is the good ending and probably the 13th ep will be the bad ending. sigh...
Jun 21, 2014 3:33 PM
Jun 2014
senseikyube said:
Gotta love Shaft for skipping the parts on how Takane/Ene got her body back and the fact that they skipped Yobanashi Deceive (Kano's song) remixed. Next episode is the good ending and probably the 13th ep will be the bad ending. sigh...

There's only 12 eps, next is the finale.
Jun 21, 2014 3:41 PM

Nov 2013
Great episode this time around, with things starting to make sense now. Thank you animation for getting better. Thank you Shaft for not attempting another 3D-rendered opening...

Well, I guess they got tired of getting singers to do the cover songs, and just went back to IA. Not that I mind, though.

I could've sworn that they previously said that the last episode was going to be Children Record, but I guess not. My only regret is that they're not gonna cover Children Record now, which was one of the best songs. Hopefully the ending episode will make up for this loss.

Here's to wishing for a good finale!
Everything's gonna be daijoubu.
Jun 21, 2014 3:44 PM

Apr 2013
Next: summertime record?
What?
This is so confusing. Everything in this ep was SO confusing.
Don't talk to Ayano like she will fucking come back, Shintaro! Ayano is deaaaad! Don't tell me she will live, she wasn't even in the fucking PV.
Jun 21, 2014 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
Criminalbmc said:

Even worse. They cutted Nisekoi for a adaptation which doesn't even include all songs and push away Hanamonogatari release for August. Just wow from Shaft.
Jun 21, 2014 3:51 PM

Aug 2013
What was with that ending? Takane suddenly has her body back with no explanation? What?
wow gay
Jun 21, 2014 3:59 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
senseikyube said:

Yobanashi Deceive is just about the self conflict that Kano has... and that he does use his powers to hide his emotions from others...
I'm not sure how they could have turned that into a whole episode.
They could have probably combined with this episode in regards to flashbacks, but I feel like it is fine that they left it out. We already get a sense of self conflict from him currently.
Jun 21, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2011
AkatsukiWolf said:
Antearion said:
So am I the only one confused about this episode or naw?

Okay like the fact that a lot of things were reveled. Like how Shin got his powers and the promise he mad to Mary. Like how they explained how Ayano died. Kano and his past was also good. But then towards the ending that where things start to get confusing. First, how did Ene get back and her body? Also why is nobody surprise about this? Second was Shin in a dream or did he kill himself? How is he talking to Ayano? IDK. Maybe it's just me.

I can't say how I feel about this episode.

The Marry and Shintaro thing will be probably explained in the finale since this is a anime only thing. Last week's episode Kano showed Ene her original body so it's must likely she took over it but the anime for some reason didn't explain it :/ Shintaro killed himself to enter the haze to speak with Ayano.

But then, how is Shintaro supposed to get back? ;_;

Loved this episode btw, a huge contrast in terms of positivity and feel-goodness compared to the general pattern of past episodes. It made me feel great, at least ;D

And oh yes, can't wait to see how Takane reacts to Haruka/Konoha. She knows that Haruka is inside his new body, right?
gyuuniuJun 21, 2014 4:05 PM
Jun 21, 2014 4:00 PM

Apr 2014
Did I just heard Kuroha's voice in thr PV or what?
「 」's signature is literally empty.

Congratulations. If you saw this, then just give me a Visitor Message in my profile that says "Congratulations, I just got an award." then I'll give you the prize.
Jun 21, 2014 4:04 PM
May 2014
senseikyube said:
Criminalbmc said:

Even worse. They cutted Nisekoi for a adaptation which doesn't even include all songs and push away Hanamonogatari release for August. Just wow from Shaft.

Well, Nisekoi ended when the manga was still good. Second season (if/when it comes) will be just fillers and lots of shit with no char development. Mekakucity Actors was pretty entertaining.
Jun 21, 2014 4:05 PM
Jun 2014
ILC said:
Did I just heard Kuroha's voice in thr PV or what?

Yes you did.
Yui-pyon said:
AkatsukiWolf said:

The Marry and Shintaro thing will be probably explained in the finale since this is a anime only thing. Last week's episode Kano showed Ene her original body so it's must likely she took over it but the anime for some reason didn't explain it :/ Shintaro killed himself to enter the haze to speak with Ayano.

Loved this episode btw, a huge contrast in terms of positivity and feel-goodness compared to the general pattern of past episodes. It made me feel great, at least ;D

And oh yes, can't wait to see how Takane reacts to Haruka/Konoha. She knows that Haruka is inside his new body, right?

Based on the anime, she shouldn't know, but she knows that konoha is Haruka's game character, so she'll put it together

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ZelotJun 21, 2014 4:12 PM
Jun 21, 2014 4:25 PM

Jun 2013
DejWoSWK said:
Another good episode. I hope the conclusion to the series won't let me down.

By the way,does anyone know when or whether at all,will be the OST released?
I would like to hear full version of anime version of Lost Time Memory.

The covered songs are bundled with the anime volumes. There will be 12 Mekakucity Actors volumes.

Song List:
Vol. 1 - Children Record
Vol. 2 - Kisaragi Attention
Vol. 3 - Mekakushi Code
Vol. 4 - Kagerou Days
Vol. 5 - Yuukei Yesterday
Vol. 6 - Headphone Actor
Vol. 7 - it says there'll be a bonus CD
Vol. 8 - this is probably Lost Time Memory
Jun 21, 2014 4:28 PM

Mar 2014
Man the feels this episode! Ayano committing suicide in front of Kano and Kano's complete break down with Seto were both pretty dramatic in a good way. Looks like there isn't going to be Outer Science but i'm okay with that. Although I do hypothesize that: (read at own risk)
Jun 21, 2014 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
Yui-pyon said:

I don't know about that but he will somehow I think.....

Jun 21, 2014 4:39 PM

Jun 2013
Antearion said:
So am I the only one confused about this episode or naw?

Okay like the fact that a lot of things were reveled. Like how Shin got his powers and the promise he mad to Mary. Like how they explained how Ayano died. Kano and his past was also good. But then towards the ending that where things start to get confusing. First, how did Ene get back and her body? Also why is nobody surprise about this? Second was Shin in a dream or did he kill himself? How is he talking to Ayano? IDK. Maybe it's just me.

I can't say how I feel about this episode.
Yeah I was just as confused as you were. Ene getting her body back didn't make sense to me.
Jun 21, 2014 5:20 PM

May 2014
More Shintaro, he barely gets any screen-time.
Jun 21, 2014 5:21 PM
Jun 2014
Kazataro said:
More Shintaro, he barely gets any screen-time.

Stares at ep 1. That's more than Seto
Jun 21, 2014 6:11 PM

Dec 2013
Not a bad episode. I get that they had to have some more character development, but why was Moon-viewing Recital shown at the end almost in a rush? I should really stop hoping for the episodes to look like the PVs..

It's been a good run though, one week away from last ep!
Jun 21, 2014 6:22 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
ShintaroX said:
Not a bad episode. I get that they had to have some more character development, but why was Moon-viewing Recital shown at the end almost in a rush? I should really stop hoping for the episodes to look like the PVs..

It's been a good run though, one week away from last ep!

Do keep in mind that Shidu made the PVs and SHAFT is probably just taking the interpretation of the song and doing their own thing with it... under supervision of Jin of course, so we don't get a super drastically different feel from the song.
Jun 21, 2014 6:37 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, that would scar me for life If someone close to me jumped X__X
Jun 21, 2014 6:44 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Damn, that would scar me for life If someone close to me jumped X__X

Imagine Shintaro's situation
Toumei Answer is the death of Ayano from Shintaro's perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQqGdfdR8Y
Kano still must have been hit hard... imagine his powers too. The fandom loves to imagine the idea that Kano uses his powers to constantly hide his emotions from others, and this is why Kido hits him a lot.
Jun 21, 2014 6:45 PM

Oct 2011
Did Shintaro's power brought back Takane's body or did her powers get taken away by the evil snake?
Jun 21, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
this was the penultimate episode, and I'm not convinced that I'll have all my questions answered, do not even know if it will be possible to finish the story this season
but this episode already unraveled the mystery behind the death of Ayano, and showed that Shintaro have powers
the plot left me curious for the last episode, is it possible to be a happy ending? And it is possible to answer all the questions left for the anime?
Jun 21, 2014 7:40 PM

Jul 2013
Wait, when did Ene got her body back ? And is Shuuya bad or good ? And what about that thing where Ayano would die everyday in front of Shintaro, and there was a evil cat and shit ? Or perhaps those werent Shintaro and Ayano ? AND WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING SHINTARO HAS POWERS ??? WHAT POWERS ? I DIDNT SEE ANY POWERS

AM I STUPID ???
Jun 21, 2014 7:49 PM

Oct 2011
I binged all day to catch up with this show. I'm excited to see how it ends. There's been some confusing parts here and there, but the characters make up for it in my book. I love my cyber couple ship.~

Jun 21, 2014 8:06 PM

Sep 2011
This was very confusing. Are they adapting this from anything? Is there anything that completely tells the story? I'm REALLY interested.
Jun 21, 2014 8:08 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Jordan_X said:
This was very confusing. Are they adapting this from anything? Is there anything that completely tells the story? I'm REALLY interested.

This is based off the song series called The Kagerou Project. It's a series of songs that construct a story. There is a manga and LN both called Kagerou Days based off the song series as well.
Jun 21, 2014 9:17 PM

Jul 2013
So the reveal of why Ayano is not there the whole time, and the creation of Mekakushi Dan. It was actually a pretty good episode, and its putting is pieces together. Pretty much like the ending scene when Shintaro meets Ayano. Wonder how they will wrap things up in the finale.

Jun 21, 2014 9:26 PM
Jan 2014
i literally WTF through last 1/4 of the show. how come ene got her own body back and is ayano dead or not?? next episode better explain everything

oh wait.. i think ayano is still dead ;__;
Jun 21, 2014 10:08 PM
Jun 2014
So, I'm just gonna type some note-sy stuff as I go...

Ooh! Black Shintaro! Kuroha? Marry! D:
This could mean... OUTER SCIENCE--- well it was nice while it lasted. Shaft and Jin. Lovely trolling and such.

Otsukimi Recital. I've always loved the ordering of these episodes, haha.

Poor Hibiya wants to save Hiyori... Lol Kido's not being a ghost? Good for her x)

Conversation between Ayano and Kano tho. It's a hidden info dump, just saying.

So the snake is trying to get Haruka and Takane possessed? That's our current Konoha and Ene, respectively, no?

"I'm dumb, so he might actually let his guard down as he talks with me." Pfffft Ayano you're so adorable X3

Mr. Tateyama. Ayano's father. Possessed by the snake. Myehh and Ayano's against it-- family troubles D:
That snake is an as--- meanie. Poor Ayano.

Oh, and side note, I think it's kinda unique that every episode almost has it's own art style/color palette. Have you noticed that?

At first, I thought Mr. Tateyama killed Takane and Haruka for scientific stuff regarding thr snakes, but it was actually the snake itself who wanted to kill them, so that they could summon the snakes!

OhmygodAyanonooo~ So now a confirmed reason for why Ayano died is out. She sacrificed herself to make sure the wish wouldn't come true and the people in the Mekakushi Dan wouldn't die. ;-; I feel ya, Kano.

That snake is so mean... TT_TT

Oh my.. This episode is like a hodgepodge of songs PLUS backstory PLUS info dump. Haha.

Kidoooo you are cutesy x)

Kano... Don't cry... No... Oh Seto.. Seto is a good brother...

Hehe.. Momo asking Hibiya if he likes Hiyori... Oh Momo ;)

I like this cover for the song. 'Tis nice.

Ohh!! So this is where the story ties together a bit... I think... Marry and Konoha from the end of episode 10? Woah! Connections!

Although, I have some confusion. Is this after Shintaro becomes a NEET? Because he became one after Ayano dies, but why is Takane still alive? So this is before? then why is Momo part of the Dan?

Myeh. Still loved the episode tho.
You must learn to harness your inner kawaii levels, young otaku.
Jun 21, 2014 10:14 PM

Oct 2013
Patureau said:
Wait, when did Ene got her body back ? And is Shuuya bad or good ? And what about that thing where Ayano would die everyday in front of Shintaro, and there was a evil cat and shit ? Or perhaps those werent Shintaro and Ayano ? AND WHY ARE PEOPLE SAYING SHINTARO HAS POWERS ??? WHAT POWERS ? I DIDNT SEE ANY POWERS

AM I STUPID ???

Kano showed Ene her body in the last episode so he probably sent her data to her body or something like that, it's still unexplained.

These were Hibiya and Hiyori, you really didn't uderstand that or just forgot what happened?

And the powers were the red eyes, his eyes give him the ability to see through other people's red eyes.

It might sound annoying but to fully undersdand the anime you need to listen the songs, read the manga and read the novels, and search a lot about it on the internet, if you don't want to read the mangas or the novel just search information about them, it will probably be enough.
Jun 21, 2014 10:26 PM
Nov 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
Did Shintaro's power brought back Takane's body or did her powers get taken away by the evil snake?

None of those I guess...
People seen not remenber that Takane's body was not lost, it was on Kenjirou's lab under the school all this time, so it was not "brought back". And by taking her powers away you mean the fact that she is no more a cyber being? If I remenber well, her power consisted on her being immortal, and dont needing to sleep nor eat...so the cyber being thing is irelevant...well maybe I got what I meant wrong XD
Jun 21, 2014 10:27 PM

Jun 2013
Jordan_X said:

Basically, this is a sequel of the Mekakucity songs, the Kagerou Days light novel and the Kagerou Days manga XD
Jun 21, 2014 10:53 PM

Aug 2012
Oh man feel bad for Kano seeing Ayano die right in front of him, scared for life :(
Jun 21, 2014 11:24 PM

May 2013
Ayano committed suicide to foil the plans of the snake that was possessing her dad? That's one way to do it. It's really weird to see Kano cry because I know him to be a happy troublemaker and always try to make everyone smile. Shintaro was the only one missing in the Mekakushi Dan in the end.

I have a hunch that next episode is gonna be a good one.
Jun 22, 2014 12:40 AM

Feb 2013
Just when I thought I had a grasp of what was going on.....boom......confused as fuck.
Jun 22, 2014 12:46 AM
Jul 2018
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

The covered songs are bundled with the anime volumes. There will be 12 Mekakucity Actors volumes.

Song List:
Vol. 1 - Children Record
Vol. 2 - Kisaragi Attention
Vol. 3 - Mekakushi Code
Vol. 4 - Kagerou Days
Vol. 5 - Yuukei Yesterday
Vol. 6 - Headphone Actor
Vol. 7 - it says there'll be a bonus CD
Vol. 8 - this is probably Lost Time Memory

Thanks,that helped a lot. :)
Jun 22, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2014
which part does it show that shintaro actually kills himself to speak with ayane?
" I'll find you and fall in love with you all over again " - Asuna
Jun 22, 2014 1:07 AM
Nov 2012
Every new episode of this anime surprises me, it keeps getting better like, ALOT each time.

Anyway really excited for the final episode. Btw, still hoping for some Outer Science and I think we'll get some based on the preview we got. The finale is just gonna bE AWESOME.
Jun 22, 2014 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
man so heavy, the reason why ayano isnt alive....
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 22, 2014 1:16 AM

Oct 2012
It looks like my theory from the Lost Time Memory ED was correct; that Shintaro had his power from birth, and why Shintaro sounded as if he already knew about the Haze when Kido explained it. So does that mean Shintaro's power was not passed from Ayano? How many snakes are there anyway? I thought both Ayano and Shintaro had the same power.

I am a little confused about Route XX Shintaro in this timeline. He was in black when he killed himself, but had on his red jacket in the Haze, so was that Route 01 Shintaro? I'm starting to think that routes and timelines are different. Maybe the routes aren't timelines, but happen inside them? Kind of like an alternate universe thing.

That's only one theory though. From the leaked booklet scans, it seems as if Shintaro DOES NOT kill himself in the manga and novel. Maybe we're getting "route" and "timeline" mixed up.

The ED segment brings up all kinds of questions. If Shintaro already had his eye power, then he must have saw his meeting with Ayano already. Does that mean that him inviting Ayano to come back happened in the other timelines, or is Shintaro remembering, and changing what is supposed to happen? How are both of them going to go back anyway? Shintaro would go back and leave his other self there, but what about Ayano? Maybe Shintaro is putting a loophole into the Haze because he remembers everything. But from the next episode preview, it sounded as if Shintaro made it back into the real world.

It makes me wonder if Shintaro is entering the Haze under the same circumstances as in the song timeline.
Also, why is Summertime Record the good timeline ending when it also happened in the song timeline, but that didn't end well? The series would have ended with the songs.

Here are the booklet scans if anyone is interested. It shows how everything progressed from the song -> manga -> novel. We can assume the anime is the timeline after the novel.

Jun 22, 2014 1:36 AM
Jul 2013
All I'm hoping in the next episode is to see Shintaro and Ayano both alive and return to their world (might be hoping too much but why not) and then they work together to stop the clearing snake aka Kuroha, and then he turns to Haruka again.
Jun 22, 2014 2:16 AM
Nov 2012
Patureau said:

AM I STUPID ???

Yes you are.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.