Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 24, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2009
I wonder how Ene got her body back, there's so many things that need answer I believe, I was actually waiting more of this series, it confuses me sometimes...
Jun 24, 2014 4:05 PM
Nov 2011
CybeastGregarX said:
L-Ryoshi said:
Since Takane grabbed her body back, doesn't it mean that she's lost her power? I mean the power was to enable her to digitize herself right? Since she's out of the digi world, that would mean she lost her powers, no?
Takane's Eye Power is literally immortality, and she can use it to give herself whatever form she wants. Although her powers are still not fully understood or explained properly, but if she can transform then she can just transform into Ene whenever she wants, but I don't know how that will work. Like I said her powers aren't properly told of aside from it being immortality and transforming her form.

If I remenber well, Ene's power is just basically being immortal, while Konoha's is to reconstruct his body to his ideal one...I dont remenber reading that Ene's power is to transform herself...but I might have just forgot it, I shall read the fan book again to be certain XD
Jun 24, 2014 9:06 PM
Feb 2011
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
realm087 said:
As someone who never read or watched anything about this series elsewhere besides the anime, I can say that I was able to follow the plot and, while it was very confusing, it kind of made sense to me after all the explanations. The problem is, I never really felt like the story was really progressing, just a bunch of questions being answered, just like a ten episode long introduction.
It seems to me like close to no action was taken towards any objective in the anime, because, in my eyes, the true objective of mekakushi-dan wan't even shown to us yet.
What really, really confuses me is how this anime will manage to deviler it's full experience within 12 episodes, as this just felt to me as a very long epilogue to what is yet to come. If the anime really ends in the next episode, it will need to make an insane amount of progress towards it's conclusion to a point that I don't really belive that it will happen in a satisfatory manner. Maybe to those who already read the manga(or whatever there is to read), the story makes sense enough for them to be able to enjoy the ride, be it for the nostalgia, or something.
I really like the anime, but it's pacing, plus the manner in wich the explanations where made kind of created an experience for me wich isn't really complete if it ends next episode, as I already said, it never felt like the story was really having any progression besides introduction to the plot.
I was hoping largely for a second season, but it seems like that there won't be one. This kind of makes me sad, because inside me I feel like the show is just starting, even if that is not the case. I hope that they pull off something insane next episode, or I will have to agree that this anime is kind of a bait for the other products related to it. Kind of an exhibition of the moments portrayed in the other works, not so detailed in the anime.

Ah kmsma, I wish more people knew this.
This is an EXTENSION of Kagerou Project. It is not a stand-alone anime, it is connected with the novels and manga so of course it wouldn't make much sense.

In other words, it's a SEQUEL which answers all (or at least most) of the questions of the songs, novels and manga.

Well I guess that I was wishing for too much then. I didn't know that I had to read other material to really get into the story. That's a shame, I thought it was going to be an awesome standalone anime by it's start. Unfortunatley for me I am one of those people who just can't stand reading a manga even if I want, and the idea of having to play a visual nove/read a novell also isn't very appealing to me. At least this show had it's share of interesting characters.
Jun 25, 2014 4:29 AM

Nov 2013
[quote=bittersweetlove]there's so many things that need answer I believe, I was actually waiting more of this series, it confuses me sometimes...[/quote]
Before the season begin, I've heard a lot of Kagerou Days project and how this anime would be the greatest, however after 3 episodes only, I was able to see that this was a really... (let's call it unique in order to not offend anyone) ...unique show which was not able to deal with it's own holes and would leave a lot of questions unanswered. Example:

How did they know how to make Ene regain her body?
How was it possible that no one finds it weird she's in a real body or asks who she is?
How can the idol sing with a band to all of the people outside listen? Her power is to attract attention, not to make herself heard... .. and especially not to create imaginary bands
How can the neet have the eyes if he never entered in that fantasy world with no one else?
How was he able to re-enter, if again no one else was there? Hell how can you even re-enter that world at will?!?

so many more questions like:

Is the snake with them when they born (and that's why they are the only ones to enter that world), or does it enter after they enter the fantasy world?
If they are only enter in the fantasy world, then how did the suicidal girl knew she would enter that world? after all she never manifested the red eyes before...

and many more questions... for example:

How did Marry born?
Who's her father? after all he all know the moment Marry or her mother got outside the tower they were immediately hunt by the humans... so no hope on a happy adventure...
What about the monster and snake themselves, were did they come from?
Who is the snake originally? not the one now, but from origin, who is it?

...and many, many more...

But last but not least, if the doctors snake only worked shifts during the night, how can it be talking all happy during the day when the suicidal girl jumps the building?? After all, the night still haven't fallen, and no one said that the snake was active during the evening, instead they very specifically said that the snake was only active during the night!!

Now I didn't read any novel or manga and I also haven't saw any music video besides those in the anime, however I hope they don't try to prolong this and force a second season upon us, seeing how the anime is already falling from #936 to #979 on MAL (and I truly believe it must stand bellow the #1000 rank).

DarkMoonWolfJun 25, 2014 4:56 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 25, 2014 7:11 AM
Jun 2014
Like half those questions they'll probably answer in the next episode, the other half is entirely unimportant in a show that's already got too much content for its length, and that last question is based on an assumption that's just plain wrong. Kano explained that the teacher's power becomes active when he's sleeping, not necessarily only when it's night.
Jun 25, 2014 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
WTF is going on ?
Whats with all those people surrounding the characters ?

I would love to see someone arranging it in a chronological order.
Jun 25, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2014
Antearion said:
So am I the only one confused about this episode or naw?

Okay like the fact that a lot of things were reveled. Like how Shin got his powers and the promise he mad to Mary. Like how they explained how Ayano died. Kano and his past was also good. But then towards the ending that where things start to get confusing. First, how did Ene get back and her body? Also why is nobody surprise about this? Second was Shin in a dream or did he kill himself? How is he talking to Ayano? IDK. Maybe it's just me.

I can't say how I feel about this episode.

Allow me to tell my take. Ayano never actually "died" but was simply taken into the void. At the moment she resides in that realm alone, trying to keep the snake that she contains from being anywhere near the queen. Shintaro realizes this and tries to kill himself so that he may be transported to Ayano. Now he intends to bring her back as neither of them are dead. We see Kano and the dad together in the lab, so I presume the Queen is forcing him to do some dirty work for him. We see Ene's real body and *I believe Haruka's body (not sure). The Queen wishes to use these as surrogates for other snakes. I believe Kano brought Ene back to her body as a first sign of rebellion against the Queen. He may have done this seeing hope in the evergrowing numbers of Mekakushi Dan.
The coolest point of this episode is definitely seeing that Ayano is simply living in the other realm and Shintaro being able to travel between realms to fetch her. Also there are theories about the very beginning and Shintaro's "Promise", but mine are a little too creative for this.
Jun 26, 2014 10:12 AM

Oct 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:
How can the idol sing with a band to all of the people outside listen? Her power is to attract attention, not to make herself heard... .. and especially not to create imaginary bands

I assume that people only heard Momo's voice. The nice background music was for us viewers. It's a little literary trick.

DarkMoonWolf said:
How can the neet have the eyes if he never entered in that fantasy world with no one else?
How was he able to re-enter, if again no one else was there? Hell how can you even re-enter that world at will?!?

This was revealed in the other medias, but the anime develops it a little further. I suggest you watch beginning of the latest episode again. As for him re-entering, that's up for debate. It's not a plot-hole as far as we know.

DarkMoonWolf said:
Is the snake with them when they born (and that's why they are the only ones to enter that world), or does it enter after they enter the fantasy world?

The snakes are already in the Haze. When a person dies on August 15, a snake will "possess" them and use that body as a host.

DarkMoonWolf said:
If they are only enter in the fantasy world, then how did the suicidal girl knew she would enter that world? after all she never manifested the red eyes before...

Ayano read her mother's diary. Watch that episode again.

DarkMoonWolf said:
Now I didn't read any novel or manga and I also haven't saw any music video besides those in the anime, however I hope they don't try to prolong this and force a second season upon us, seeing how the anime is already falling from #936 to #979 on MAL (and I truly believe it must stand bellow the #1000 rank).

It will mostly likely not have a second season. Reading the manga/novels and watching the PVs is almost crucial for fully understand the story so far. This is not an adaption, but an extension of the series. That should be obvious now.
Jun 26, 2014 2:13 PM

Jun 2013
EpicCh33se said:

It will mostly likely not have a second season. Reading the manga/novels and watching the PVs is almost crucial for fully understand the story so far. This is not an adaption, but an extension of the series. That should be obvious now.

^This.

Why can't some people just accept the fact that they're reading an extension and not an adaptation.

It annoys me a lot that people say MCA is such a horrible adaptation when in fact, it isn't an adaptation. It's an extension... a sequel to Jin's series.
Jun 26, 2014 2:36 PM
Jun 2014
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

^This.

Why can't some people just accept the fact that they're reading an extension and not an adaptation.

It annoys me a lot that people say MCA is such a horrible adaptation when in fact, it isn't an adaptation. It's an extension... a sequel to Jin's series.

A show that can't stand up on its own is a pretty shitty show. Ideally, this show should be able to draw in new fans to the series while also revealing crucial details for people already following the franchise. I'm enjoying the show so far but it could have been so much better for anime-only viewers if it weren't limited to only 12 episodes.
Jun 26, 2014 3:38 PM

Apr 2014
Fencel said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

^This.

A show that can't stand up on its own is a pretty shitty show. Ideally, this show should be able to draw in new fans to the series while also revealing crucial details for people already following the franchise. I'm enjoying the show so far but it could have been so much better for anime-only viewers if it weren't limited to only 12 episodes.
it isnt suppose to stand on its own its suppose to be part of the LN's and pv's

its like an artist putting out an album and only making videos for 2 or 3 singles
Jun 26, 2014 4:14 PM
Nov 2011
Fencel said:
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

^This.

I think you didnt understand...since it's a EXTENTION it was never supposed to stand by its own, it's a SEQUEL, but you can enjoy it if you are not familiar to the series, the only thing is that you will need to at least know the basics of what happens on the other medias to get the FULL and everything of the story.(There are a lot of summaries out there) The songs, manga and novels are this way as well, they complete each other.
Dont read it:

But I understand what you mean...I also wanted it was a 24 episode anime and it would cover all(or mostly) the story without being all rushed ;-;
Jun 26, 2014 6:10 PM

Aug 2011
This may be a little late, but... it's always been bothering me: Why did Shintaro almost forget about Ayano, and why did Ene almost forget about Haruka?
Jun 27, 2014 2:19 AM

Apr 2014
Yui-pyon said:
This may be a little late, but... it's always been bothering me: Why did Shintaro almost forget about Ayano, and why did Ene almost forget about Haruka?

I think that, since it was too painful for them, they were just trying not to think about them. So when they were finally starting to move on, BAM, they get reminded of them and get really hurt. They didn't actually forget them, they just didn't want to remember.
Jun 27, 2014 4:02 PM
Apr 2014
Yui-pyon said:

I think the Shintaro forgetting about Ayano thing is more just a mistranslation by the english subbers of the episode 1 opening scene. I think the thing that he "swore never to forget" wasn't referring to Ayano but referring to the vow he made with Marry about never forgetting the tragedy.

Ene does try to distract Shintaro enough so that Ayano isn't always on his mind, but I don't think he forgot her.
Jun 27, 2014 7:35 PM

Jun 2014
Umm I know everyone has been saying to read the mangas and novels and listen to the songs and stuff but I don't have time for that and I hate not knowing things and being confused. I get the storyline and I don't think I'm completely lost but I do have a few questions. Firstly, does anyone know what the queen's aim is at the moment? Is it to come back to this world or something like that? Why did Kano say that they're all going to be killed in the end? What power does shintaro have and what is the heat haze? How did Ayano know she would get a power instead of just die? I don't mind spoilers and I don't even mind if someone just tells me everything they know about, well, everything. I really appreciate anyone who can help, thanks in advance!
Jun 27, 2014 8:42 PM
Nov 2011
Rukz16 said:
Umm I know everyone has been saying to read the mangas and novels and listen to the songs and stuff but I don't have time for that and I hate not knowing things and being confused. I get the storyline and I don't think I'm completely lost but I do have a few questions. Firstly, does anyone know what the queen's aim is at the moment? Is it to come back to this world or something like that? Why did Kano say that they're all going to be killed in the end? What power does shintaro have and what is the heat haze? How did Ayano know she would get a power instead of just die? I don't mind spoilers and I don't even mind if someone just tells me everything they know about, well, everything. I really appreciate anyone who can help, thanks in advance!

Alright, the aswers are on the spoiler thing

Sorry it it got a bit confusing, I'm not to good at explaining things. And sorry for my bad english.
Jun 27, 2014 10:08 PM
Mar 2014
Wow guys i read all comments and u helped me all alot!! With my Questions and with everything....
Can i say my theorithy how it will end?
Jun 28, 2014 1:11 AM

Aug 2011
Milenart said:

Can I ask you about this?
Jun 28, 2014 2:16 AM

Oct 2012
Lidieth said:

Jun 28, 2014 4:42 AM

Apr 2014
Lidieth said:
Milenart said:

Can I ask you about this?

Jun 28, 2014 9:43 AM

Aug 2011
InTheOtherWorld said:

Thank you for answering.

Please excuse my idiocy if I'm missing the point, not a native speaker, and not familiar with Kagerou Project
Jun 28, 2014 10:10 AM

Apr 2014
Lidieth said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

Thank you for answering.

Please excuse my idiocy if I'm missing the point, not a native speaker, and not familiar with Kagerou Project

Jun 28, 2014 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
@Milenart thanks for answering that's really helped :)
Jun 28, 2014 11:46 AM

Aug 2011
InTheOtherWorld said:
Yui-pyon said:

I think that, since it was too painful for them, they were just trying not to think about them. So when they were finally starting to move on, BAM, they get reminded of them and get really hurt. They didn't actually forget them, they just didn't want to remember.

Thank you! I was scared that something more complicated had caused it, but thanks for clearing it up for me.
Jun 28, 2014 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
Ene is human again? So the gang is all together now I guess.

Wow, that episode went by fast.
Jun 29, 2014 1:40 AM

Aug 2011
InTheOtherWorld said:

Jun 29, 2014 6:35 AM

Apr 2014
Lidieth said:
InTheOtherWorld said:

Jul 1, 2014 11:49 PM

Oct 2013
1 ep left
good song ^-^
[/quote]
Jul 2, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2011
Now those are some pretty weird memories you have there Shintaro.

Ohhh, so Shintaro and the Queen made a vow to never forget a certain tragedy huh.

Wow... what Ayano did... left me speechless...

Crap, Momo, Kido and Hibiya got caught by some weird guys.

So Mom and Kido are going all out with their powers huh.

Um... Ene got her body back it seems... it wasn't that hard it seems...

And Shintaro manages to reach Ayano and they're going back to their friends.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 3, 2014 7:01 AM

May 2014
Nice episode. There are a lot of things that I didn't understand (like how did Takane get back to her original body) but I guess that I just should stop thinking rational with this anime. Anyway, I love it! :D
Jul 6, 2014 3:29 PM

Jan 2013
I like the insert songs.
Things are still kinda confusing.
Jul 11, 2014 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
Good episode. Too many revelations!

Then in the ending they reunited once again. Too bad Shintaro wasn't there. I think he killed himself to enter the haze then help Ayano to get out of there.

Dat Kano's howling cry when he saw Ayano, her big sister, died. I'm having a feels trip. The moment I saw Seto hugged Kano, my heart stopped.

Wow, Ene got her original body back. I'm just wondering how. Maybe because on episode 10, Kano showed Ene her original body, then she took over it...? If I'm right, then I still want to see how she got it.

Since Takane and Konoha(I wish sooner he will get his original body back) was there, I wish he will remember her despite of his memory loss. I also want Takane to realize that he, having a cyber-being appearance(just like her when she was still a cyborg), is Haruka.

Nice ost, by the way. Episode 12 is the last...
Jul 30, 2014 6:11 AM

Apr 2010
Oh man, feels trip. Shintaro killed himself huh? I worry about everyone. How did Ene get her body back? I don't get it.
Aug 7, 2014 7:53 AM
May 2012
Alright, let's do this!!
Let's see how this will end!!
Aug 15, 2014 10:09 PM

Mar 2014
The memories of the tragedies !! the all-knowing shintaro awaken !!
Hibiya joins the dan !!
Snakes that grants a heart's desire !! Fulfilling of wishes !!
"The Day I felt anguish and agony deep down in my heart ..."
The Sorrow of losing someone in front of your very eyes ...
Ayano !! ... oh ... damn ... what a messed up situation ... Tears shedding on my face ...
Frustrations, sorrow , misery and grief that make you sick of this world ...
"We're brothers" .
Momo's brilliant plan !!
Melody to the world !!! Song of happiness !!!
Youkoso , MEKAKUSHI DAN !!!
Very great Episode !!!
"Let's go Together ." I was waiting for this ... so happy ... Tears of joy !!! :) :D
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2014 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
About time we see the damn MC's face... the lack of his appearance remind me of Freezing Vibration and it's really annoying, How in the name of all the unexplained shit in anime did Ene got her body back? did I miss something?
Sep 30, 2014 11:01 AM
Sep 2014
How could Shintaro entered the Heat Haze and met Ayano?
Oct 24, 2014 4:41 PM

May 2012
Very interesting, I really wonder what the last episode will offer us though! Let's see what's next.
Apr 16, 2015 5:57 AM

Nov 2011
Episode with a convoluted narrative and difficult to interpret, even though this is a pleasant story.
Plot that becomes even clearer, my curiosity is always more tangible in knowing the ending of the story. Drawings with ups and downs, the pleasant ending, I love it.
Jul 7, 2015 3:02 PM
Mar 2009
Man, just when I think I understand everything, this episode happens...

I assume Ene got her body back when Kano showed her where it was being kept, but how the hell does a program turn back into a human?

And Ayano said she got hold of Red Eye's power, but she doesn't have any.

Then the whole thing with Shintaro completely lost me.

Don't see how the hell this will wrap up in one more episode.
Nov 23, 2015 9:50 AM

Jul 2014
Man, Shaft shows sure are artsy, huh.

2/5
May 8, 2016 3:37 PM

Apr 2015
Smart use of their abilities to get out.
Aug 19, 2016 2:02 AM

Aug 2015
Well, I don't really get this episode...

As I understand, Ayano is still alive? And Shintaro isn't dead? Right?

And how the hell Ene got out of a phone? She can do this kind of stuff?

Aww... I love flashbacks with Kano and Ayano... I think he is thet one who is experiencing the most.

The best moment <3
Dec 26, 2016 4:46 PM

Sep 2015
Dam Kano holding all of that info inside of you especially Ayano's death. But I think shes alive because at the end ,Shintaro came for her. C'mon Ene you shoud've taken notice of Konoha!!
Mar 18, 2017 11:54 PM

Sep 2013
I can make it through this last episode...I really can.......

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Sep 19, 2020 11:50 PM
Dec 2019
I like how Ene got her body back but why is no-one questioning it?
Where tf is Shintaro?
The hell is going on right now?
Jul 14, 2021 1:36 PM
Dec 2017
a good way to build to the climax i must say.

Jul 22, 2021 2:24 AM

Jan 2017
The anime should have explained that Kano showed Ene where her original body is (hence why he's keeping her on his phone en route to the school), was very confused at first due to this omition.

I get that Kido's power works on the building but Momo's range is BS and how did it even worked
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.