Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Strike the Blood (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 21, 2014 4:58 AM

Jun 2013
Whether you think she is Koujo's daughter or not, she is, how does she have blonde hair? I think some people miss this, but Asagi does not have blonde hair, its only dyed, and she really has black or brown. On top of it Moegi has like a weird shade that is greenish, ie going for the blue of Koujo plus the blonde Asagi to get green tinted blond. So its not like Moegi dyed her hair. I wonder if this was just a case of everyone forgot.
Jun 28, 2014 10:13 PM
Jun 2009
krownklown said:
Whether you think she is Koujo's daughter or not, she is, how does she have blonde hair? I think some people miss this, but Asagi does not have blonde hair, its only dyed, and she really has black or brown. On top of it Moegi has like a weird shade that is greenish, ie going for the blue of Koujo plus the blonde Asagi to get green tinted blond. So its not like Moegi dyed her hair. I wonder if this was just a case of everyone forgot.

Everyone forgot.

Or she dyed it to look like her mom.

Possibly future science.
Jun 29, 2014 3:15 AM

Jun 2013
coolxal said:
krownklown said:

Everyone forgot.

Possibly future science.

Yea, but who dies their hair sea sick green yellow. I think they just forgot.
Jul 1, 2014 4:04 AM

Mar 2014
krownklown said:
coolxal said:

Everyone forgot.

Possibly future science.

a girl at my job dyes her hair a light blue with violet highlights... I think it makes her look like a clown but she seems to like it... some people have weird tastes

or maybe there are blonde people somewhere back in both family lines... even if both parents have dark hair if they carry the right recessive gene (say each have one blonde grandparent for example) the child can come out with that color hair instead of the parent's

this is anime tho, so a lot of the character's have natural hair which isn't even a color found naturally let alone it logically following a realistic family pattern.. Kojou has bluish-silver for instance which isn't a natural color and doesn't match either his mother who has grey (despite only being in her early 30s) or sister who has black
LiquidacidJul 1, 2014 4:14 AM
Jul 1, 2014 4:47 AM

Jun 2013
Liquidacid said:
krownklown said:

a girl at my job dyes her hair a light blue with violet highlights... I think it makes her look like a clown but she seems to like it... some people have weird tastes

or maybe there are blonde people somewhere back in both family lines... even if both parents have dark hair if they carry the right recessive gene (say each have one blonde grandparent for example) the child can come out with that color hair instead of the parent's

this is anime tho, so a lot of the character's have natural hair which isn't even a color found naturally let alone it logically following a realistic family pattern.. Kojou has bluish-silver for instance which isn't a natural color and doesn't match either his mother who has grey (despite only being in her early 30s) or sister who has black

What I was getting at is clearly they got her hair color by mixing Koujo's blue and Asagi's Blonde to get Greenish Yellow for Moegi, but Asagi has black hair but its only shown once in a flash back so I just think everyone forgot. I mean Moegi's hair imo has to be natural, so that is the only conclusion I can come too.

Also as far as genetics both family lines would have to have someone blonde in them for it to appear. This is what makes the blond hair blue eyed half Japanese the most ridiculous, its basically impossible because Japanese are one of the most homogenous cultures on the planet. Hence the Japanese line has basically zero chance to have the genes for blond hair and blue eyes, meaning no matter how many kids they have, they will never have blond hair or blue eyes, because the dark hair dark eyes traits will always win out. Bare with me, its been a while since I took biology, but barring a mutation I believe this is true.
Jul 1, 2014 5:50 AM

Mar 2014
blonde hair (barring mutation) does require the recessive gene in both lines, while some other colors like red only require it in one even to skip a generation and black hair traits are really dominant so generally show the most, so yeah a true 1/2 Japaneses person will almost always end up with black hair if they are first generation mix... remember tho just because one side looks pure Japaneses or Asian doesn't mean there couldn't be a foreigner mixed in back in the family line somewhere who passed on the right recessive genes... there are tons of groups in Asia that have been mixed in the past and have frequent light hair/eyes or the dormant recessive genes for them ... it wouldn't be out of the question to find some Japaneses families with the dormant genes

But this is Anime so the mother having purple hair, the father having Green and the Kid having bright orange wouldn't be odd...
LiquidacidJul 1, 2014 6:05 AM
Jul 1, 2014 6:00 AM

Jun 2013
Liquidacid said:
blonde hair (barring mutation) does require the recessive gene in both lines, while some other colors like red only require it in one even to skip a generation and black hair traits are really dominant so generally show the most, so yeah a true 1/2 Japaneses person will almost always end up with black hair if they are first generation mix... remember tho just because one side looks pure Japaneses or Asian doesn't mean there couldn't be a foreigner mixed in back in the family line somewhere who passed on the right recessive genes... there are tons of groups in Asia that have been mixed in the past and have frequent light hair/eyes or the dormant recessive genes for them ... it wouldn't be out of the question to find some Japaneses families with the dormant genes

But this is Anime so the mother having purple hair, the father having Green and the Kid having bright orange wouldn't be odd

Fair enough. I mean lets be real here, Reina would have zero chance or close to it to look like a twin to her mother, so you have point its just animu.
Jul 1, 2014 6:09 AM

Mar 2014
krownklown said:

Fair enough. I mean lets be real here, Reina would have zero chance or close to it to look like a twin to her mother, so you have point its just animu.

well she did have different color eyes, was a little taller, had pure black hair instead of dark brown and a larger cup size, not that anyone noticed any of that except when her eyes went red or Natsuki grabbed her chest... makes you wonder how she fit into her mother's bra when she stole her clothes... lol

but yeah... it's also probably because when fans think of Asagi hey think blonde so it makes it easier for them to connect the two
LiquidacidJul 1, 2014 6:15 AM
Jul 1, 2014 8:34 AM

Jun 2013
Liquidacid said:
krownklown said:

well she did have different color eyes, was a little taller, had pure black hair instead of dark brown and a larger cup size, not that anyone noticed any of that except when her eyes went red or Natsuki grabbed her chest... makes you wonder how she fit into her mother's bra when she stole her clothes... lol

but yeah... it's also probably because when fans think of Asagi hey think blonde so it makes it easier for them to connect the two

I did think it was funny, I mean anyone with half a brain would know a. she is not Yukina, and b. she is related to her. I mean Reina was the worst undercover agent ever, lets she looks like Yukina, has vampric tendencies that she said she inherited, called Nagsia her aunt, and said Himeragi is my maiden name. I don't how hard it was to put two and two together.

More topics from this board

» Will I get to see Minamiya, Natsuki... (Question for a spoiler)

CrazyButNot4U - Apr 4

3 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Apr 7, 3:07 AM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2014

149 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 20, 12:11 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2014

97 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2014

101 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Strike the Blood Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2014

143 by EinTheVariance »»
Feb 19, 6:32 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.