Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 20, 2014 8:54 AM

Jun 2013
The 'daze/days' single contained a chronological time table of all the events that happened in the Kagerou Project universe.

The songs follows a different story. The novels and manga follows a different one too.

Question is, "Is Mekakucity Actors a prequel, a sequel, an adaptation or an extension?"

I've been confused about this since the anime started diverging paths.

I'm not sure if this is an adaptation since it doesn't follow any of the known source materials.
Jun 20, 2014 5:57 PM
Nov 2011
I also think it's a extention. the cronological timeline in the album didnt contained the anime route, and in LTM episode it shows Shintaro remenbering about the other routes(the manga, music and novels), so I will assume that the anime happens after them...but I dont really want the anime to be the good end...because I feel it would be kinda rushed...
(well, if that one theory about all the timelines been happening at the same time is true, then it's another story. But I think that the case is that when Mary resets the time, the world the route they were is erased and them it starts from zero.)
Jun 21, 2014 9:37 PM

Oct 2013
After watching episode 11 it's safe to say that the anime is a sequel.

Shitarou REMEMBERS (or actually se through the other characters eyes in the other routes, perhaps?) what happened in the other routes (before Mary reset time) and the events in the anime are cleary different from the ones in the other medias, but still connected with them, what leave us to think that the anime route happens after the other medias routes.

And as the anime is going it looks like it's the final one, the good ending, probably Summer Time Record, but we will only know it for sure when episode 12 comes out, the anime might not be de good ending, but surely it's a sequel.
TheGaaksJun 21, 2014 9:41 PM
Jun 22, 2014 1:00 PM
Mar 2014
I don't see it as a sequel. It's a different route of course, but all of the Kagerou Project works have a different route. If it were a sequel, the events of the anime would happen after the events of the manga and LN routes, but that's not entirely true. The events take place at the same time as the other stories. The scene in episode 11 was just to point out that they are stuck in a time loop that Marry keeps resetting, which is the whole point of the multiple stories and Kagerou Project as a whole.

By elimination, it is not a prequel nor a sequel because the events are similar and happen at the same time as the other stories. It is not an adapation, since it does have its separate story. So I guess I would call it an extension, though I like the route term more.

Imagine a 4-lane highway. All of them are parrallel, come from the same place and are going to the same place, but they have different bumps representing the slight change in events. One of them (Route 01) is the exit torwards your destination. All other lanes end up in a brick wall, killing everybody in the process.

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.