Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
this was one of the best episodes of No Game No Life, the anime did not resonate with me much during the season, but has grown in the last 2 episodes
I expect a great ending to make him stay in the Top 5, it would be nice something like Stephanie also participate and be an important part of the game, otherwise it was not a leading lady, but I think it will not happen, all the glory goes to Shiro and Sora
is now waiting to see how it ends ..
Jun 18, 2014 8:24 PM
Jan 2013
kami_desu said:
kitkatxz said:
Dude they're neets, they don't exercise hell they barely go outside... controlling 4 characters is impossible knowing their physical past/record..... Plus if they control 4 characters in Fast paced MMORPG.... im pretty they can run for a long ass time 2... Plus unlike Kaoisama, I like show calm urself....

Well, it does show them getting tired a couple of times.
Also, we don't know just how fast the bullets move. Maybe it was slow enough for them to dodge? I mean, think about all the times you see a character running while a barrage of real guns shoot at them, but they never get hit? Compared to that, this isn't nearly as bad.
As for shiro's reflexes, I guess it doesn't rely as much on physical strength?

Eh, you're right I don't know how fast these bullets are going well i have to presume they're going i mean cmon they are bullets after all x.x... and yea Hollywood movies are worse lol...
@Soho
Don't have to sound like a prick while defending yourself lol...
Like I said REAL LIFE=/=GAME
Just because your able to move your mouse fast doesn't mean your able to move limbs just as fast that requires exercise and all they do sit lousy bumbs all days. I know from experience, i played football 3 years while playing games, that crap did nothing to help me play football at all.
Jun 18, 2014 8:29 PM
Oct 2012
katsu044 said:
yeah i guess that's one way to look at it i just find it slightly annoying they can fall back on that "trust each other" for most situations,then again i've already learned if i try to dig deeper into finding the logic in stuff it becomes far less entertaining :P.

Actually it is the reverse, but posers will be posers. :P

It is somewhat embarrassing that I have to point this out to you, but if the author explains something before hand, then they aren't "falling back" on it.

The whole thing about "trust" is that it explains that there a reason for things happening as they do. This is a huge advantage to know when you are trying to figure out something, it converts the infinite into the finite. When Shiro told Sora that it was his turn to trust her, the problem switched from "how do I convert her" to "how do I best exploit the surprise that I don't need to convert her".

That is a huge difference, even more large when you think that there is one other character who the Warbeasts have been discounting because that character appears to be hopelessly inept.

This is why I can safely predict that the game's conclusion will happen in the first five minutes of the next episode. Izuna-tan, as well as her grandfather, are focused on the wrong thing.

That I can predict this with confidence again is why I said that this rises above the cliche. The author knows and exploits cliches, not the other way around.

kitkatxz said:
Don't have to sound like a prick while defending yourself lol...
Like I said REAL LIFE=/=GAME
Just because your able to move your mouse fast doesn't mean your able to move limbs just as fast that requires exercise and all they do sit lousy bumbs all days. I know from experience, i played football 3 years while playing games, that crap did nothing to help me play football at all.

Ya, I tend to sound like the person I am responding to.

In short dude, let the cork out. If you are Italian you'll get the reference.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
NiyawaJun 19, 2014 9:43 AM
Jun 18, 2014 8:41 PM
Jul 2012
katsu044 said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Not quite, it was pretty obvious from the park that Shiro was faking, that was what the whole dialog about "trusting" was about (and being able to figure it out without being told). That they said it up front is what saved it from being the cliche you mentioned, it wasn't that Shiro was faking, but how they were going to show it being turned to their advantage. And on that I think you would agree they made it entertaining.

This has been explained elsewhere, but that wasn't magic, but a racial characteristic. It is an innate biological feature similar to Jibiriru's great strength.
yeah i guess that's one way to look at it i just find it slightly annoying they can fall back on that "trust each other" for most situations,then again i've already learned if i try to dig deeper into finding the logic in stuff it becomes far less entertaining :P.

Sora and Shiro have spent years of their lives nearly inseparable playing any game they could get their hands on. They each know each other inside and out because before they entered Tet's world, all they really had was each other and their games. Considering all that, I don't really think their trust in each other is a logical flaw. In my opinion, their trust is one of the best things about their characters.
Jun 18, 2014 9:13 PM

Aug 2012
Best episode, so many references.
Jun 18, 2014 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
matthew521 said:
katsu044 said:

Sora and Shiro have spent years of their lives nearly inseparable playing any game they could get their hands on. They each know each other inside and out because before they entered Tet's world, all they really had was each other and their games. Considering all that, I don't really think their trust in each other is a logical flaw. In my opinion, their trust is one of the best things about their characters.
I didn't intend on implying the trust as a logical flaw like all that you just stated i just mean when ever they mention trust that it automatically leaves out some explanation and that's pretty much the game set and match moment (to be fair not like they can cover every detail in 20mins)
Jun 18, 2014 9:42 PM

Nov 2012
Akanezora said:
WAIT WAIT IS THIS THE REAL LIFE?

Who can understand the reference will win my eternal respect.

Uhmm, Legend of the Galactic Heroes maybe? I only got to see some snippets of the show though, but since it's a space opera....

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 18, 2014 9:47 PM

Feb 2013
Dem references... I love this anime!
Jun 18, 2014 9:59 PM

Apr 2010
There's something wrong with MAL, I can't seem to rate this show any higher.
Jun 18, 2014 10:13 PM

Nov 2010
This really needs to be a 50 ep show not a 12ver. I hope they announce season 2 soon
~ * my number is 3 * ~ _._ : l 'o' ( ; _-_ : ( T.T &: .~. : P >.<
Jun 18, 2014 10:31 PM

Dec 2011
Fun episode....why is next week last episode :(
Jun 18, 2014 10:48 PM

Jan 2014
Sora's reactions were truly priceless.

I love the fast pace of this episode. No matter how ridiculous the game is, it's pretty damn cool.
Jun 18, 2014 11:11 PM
Oct 2010
So she wrote a long ass equation to put nothing at the end? Interesting. TBH this is getting more lame than enjoyable for me. They are winning too many games through bullshit (the infamous "I just know" because our bond so gud) and it's really made the last couple of eps lame.
GD1551Jun 18, 2014 11:34 PM
Jun 18, 2014 11:23 PM

May 2014
Cheesekao said:
I doubt you're stupid enough to believe MAL is a hivemind. Acting like that isn't going to solve anything.
I think you're stupid naive in believing the opposite. The internet is exactly for hiveminds.

Takuan_Soho said:
They can't stand the fact that the masses are amused by this story and they cannot accept that it doesn't matter if the author is pandering as long as it is interesting pandering that has a logical story. This show does, in droves, so that only adds fuel to the fire.
You get close the point, but not entirely, we're annoyed that people treat it like a masterpiece when its actually a sleazy whore catering to their every demand and they don't see it when it's in their faces.

Believe it or not, even snobs like this show if its comedy amuses them as well, but any time it isn't doing that and tries to be serious it falls off a cliff, only held by the rule of cool. If it wants to be stupid, sleazy and shameless, we understand and can appreciate that, but anything else just falls flat.
Jun 18, 2014 11:30 PM

Jun 2013
WOW That was a FUCKING AMAZING EPISODE, last one next week T_T I look forward to buying the blurays

Amazing anime
Jun 19, 2014 12:39 AM

Dec 2011
They can't win in their hometown lol... that sucks XD

LOL... Love or Loved 2: Hit Her With Your Bullet of Love!

So that's all it took Sora to get back into action lol.

Shiro looks broken... poor thing...

LOOOOL, Shiro shot Sora.

Sora... good job but you failed, no vanishing panties for you T.T

Shiro vs Izuna-tan!

Shiro is the boss! Her FPS skills are top notch world wide!

Sora's boss also!

Awwww, Shiro sacrificed herself to save Sora and probably make him up his game to his true potential!

So now it's Sora vs Shiro and Jibril vs Izuna-tan huh.

Oh, Shiro fooled them and got her clothes shot aha...

Lol, Izuna went full warbeast mode XD.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 19, 2014 12:44 AM

Dec 2013
This was awesome. I found the beginning really weird. But overall I loved this episode! 5/5
Jun 19, 2014 1:00 AM
Feb 2014
skudoops said:
So she wrote a long ass equation to put nothing at the end? Interesting. TBH this is getting more lame than enjoyable for me. They are winning too many games through bullshit (the infamous "I just know" because our bond so gud) and it's really made the last couple of eps lame.

Oh well I already wrote it before but the equation has a totally different purpose...

And Sora knew nothing, he got out that Shiro wasn't on Izuna's side because 1. she didn't run after him 2. she missed each shot on him or made them easy to dogde

This whole set up was planned solely by Shiro. Sora got it out by what she said and what she actually did.

I actually wonder why people get stuck with that "trust" thingy...it is not used as some kind of weird DEM to say once you trust each other you win but deliberately as sign word by Shiro to convey a plan.
Caleb8980Jun 19, 2014 1:11 AM
Jun 19, 2014 1:05 AM

Apr 2011
all i gotta say for this epd is Holy Shit! I can't wait for epd 12, let alone Season 2!
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jun 19, 2014 1:39 AM

Oct 2010
Pantsu, pantsu everywhere. Love this show.
Jun 19, 2014 1:51 AM

Jan 2014
Where was Steph though? She is labeled as 'Main' but doesn't appear so much...But she's also kinda useless. However, wasn't Sora saying he put a spell in Steph or something?
Jun 19, 2014 1:56 AM
Dec 2012
Another well-adapted episode (trough some details were left out but time constrain. Seriously they should do a 48 min long 12 episode re-animating of the anime just to make it even more epic).
Pretty much everything that I wanted to say was already said. To bad there is only one episode to left. Well at least the NGNL light novels are still here :)
Oh yeah and I read all the pages before this one - so I am pretty sure that there is nothing left to say except: I hope there is a Season 2 soon!

As for some less enjoyable things.
Well I see the usual haters plus one new one?
Time for some reposes to senseless hate that I feel in vain-filled hope that I vanquish them. Who cares if I am trying to defeat windmills when it is fun just to try?

T3hSource said:
Cheesekao said:
I doubt you're stupid enough to believe MAL is a hivemind. Acting like that isn't going to solve anything.
I think you're stupid naive in believing the opposite. The internet is exactly for hiveminds.

I don't get how would that be possible? I mean hives are based around a "queen" which uses pheromones to control the rest of the hive. Of course that if something is liked by many people there is going to be many similar sounding words from them. But that make it a hive? No since they are focused on getting entertained, rather then all being directed to a single goal. Actually the interned breaks down any possibility of hives since in electronic communication the way to influence people is limited to visual and audio ones (at least for now) while hives are completely reliant on the blank obedience created trough pheromones.

Trough it might sound that like "we" are part of a same hive due to "us" liking the same show and from there stating that we are part of hivemind is not only wrong but also insulting towards us as individuals. Considering that MAL is primary made out of anime & manga fans from the Western world, which is build out on individuality, calling us part of a hivemind is extremely insulting to the very base of the Western culture.

Actually most of us doesn't even know each-other RL or via internet, nor any other connection that you might believe to exist, "we" are just those which like this show. And just that you know I liked NGNL some time before it became an anime and well known on MAL, or anywhere else to say, many other people probably did so to.

T3hSource said:
Takuan_Soho said:
They can't stand the fact that the masses are amused by this story and they cannot accept that it doesn't matter if the author is pandering as long as it is interesting pandering that has a logical story. This show does, in droves, so that only adds fuel to the fire.
You get close the point, but not entirely, we're annoyed that people treat it like a masterpiece when its actually a sleazy whore catering to their every demand and they don't see it when it's in their faces.

Believe it or not, even snobs like this show if its comedy amuses them as well, but any time it isn't doing that and tries to be serious it falls off a cliff, only held by the rule of cool. If it wants to be stupid, sleazy and shameless, we understand and can appreciate that, but anything else just falls flat.

But inside it's category it is a masterpiece - tell me where else you will find a ecchi comedy set in a fantasy setting with an adventure plot that is this popular or so well-done.
Also I don't see this catering to my every demand (a similar argument was tried to be used before) and is probably not catering to the demands of most of it's viewers which probably want a stable paycheck, a stable private life and enough free time to enjoy their hobbies.

If you think that this show is stupid than you are. Trust me this show is way smarter then you think - considering that the author of the original source material is one of the first people outside of Japan that managed to succeed inside the extremely closed to outsiders Otaku industry of Japan. And he started with manga industry which is not just the biggest but also the hardest to start off industries due to the pressure of deadlines, making a good story and selling enough well.

It is also not held only by the rule of cool - everything is well-explained if you have the brain and will to understand it (rather then expecting the show to explain it all for your Stegosaurus-sized brains). Actually the fact that the show makes you think about the stuff going on in it is probably one of the thing which elevates it above other ecchi comedies in a fantasy setting and with an adventure plot. Add the sweet fact that there is no violence outside of virtual worlds created by magic (the game against Jibril) or computers (against the EF) that means that we will not see the usual sudden power-up in most action adventurers from a doubtful source (like some mysterious extreme training). Naturally since the siblings are Otaku some things, like the rejection of Kurami's proposal before the Chess-themed game, are done just because Rule of Cool but that is at least explained by the characters themselves apply the Rule of Cool rather then it being used by the creator just because it is cool to use the Rule of Cool.

To end the only thing that fails flat here is you.
gamer5Jun 19, 2014 2:28 AM
Jun 19, 2014 2:04 AM

May 2013
I didn't expect that to be the game. Shooting game that makes others fall deeply in love.

Shiro vs Izuna! What more can I ask?! That was so damn awesome! Shiro was great! Number 1 in shooting games I see. Izuna was skilled as well.
Just like Sora said, they're fighting a fair game with a cheater who knows the game very well. That's pretty difficult.

I realy thought Shiro was controlled. Good thing she blocked it.
Shiro is a genius! (Hands down)

Izuna having fun. She just turned into like a ... I really don't know what to call it. Even so, it was cool.
They're going to win of course! Like always!

Yeah. I love this episode. A 'fun' episode if I may.
Jun 19, 2014 2:12 AM

Aug 2013
Shiro's semi-crying face after Sora told her the world was fake was priceless.

So in this episode we got: Steph in her underwear, pantiless Shiro wearing just a dress shirt, Izuna being all cute her with her way of talking...AND JIBRIL BEING FUCKING PERFECT AS ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep. Seems like a solid episode to me.

Oh god. There was so much Jibril this episode. I fucking love it beyond words...
Jun 19, 2014 2:21 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was so exciting, I felt so pumped toward the ending of the episode when Izumi got shot by the ricochet. So sad it's ending next episode :(
Jun 19, 2014 2:57 AM

May 2012
OMG. Next week's going to be the last episode :( I DON'T WANT THAT </3
Jun 19, 2014 3:18 AM

May 2014
gamer5 said:
I don't get how would that be possible? I mean hives are based around a "queen" which uses pheromones to control the rest of the hive. Of course that if something is liked by many people there is going to be many similar sounding words from them. But that make it a hive? No since they are focused on getting entertained, rather then all being directed to a single goal. Actually the interned breaks down any possibility of hives since in electronic communication the way to influence people is limited to visual and audio ones (at least for now) while hives are completely reliant on the blank obedience created trough pheromones.

Then how come I can sum up at least 60% of this thread as: "OMG luv dis show", if that doesn't look like a hive mind to you, it does to me. And media is used as social engineering as well, it's unquestionably influential on the people's minds, and most don't pay attention to because they have other priorities in mind. This is entertainment and people are entertained.

Trough it might sound that like "we" are part of a same hive due to "us" liking the same show and from there stating that we are part of hivemind is not only wrong but also insulting towards us as individuals. Considering that MAL is primary made out of anime & manga fans from the Western world, which is build out on individuality, calling us part of a hivemind is extremely insulting to the very base of the Western culture.
Oh, I was insulting Western culture?
OK, let me be more clear then: Fuck you America for being a greedy, corrupt government that is only interested only in filling your pockets and destroying the world economy to achieve it!
And fuck you as well Western Europe for making my people think that we should follow your standards, you came to "help" us, when you just want our roads!

Oh, sorry, this had nothing to do with this discussion.

Actually most of us doesn't even know each-other RL or via internet, nor any other connection that you might believe to exist, "we" are just those which like this show.
And "I" also like this show, but I treat it as what I see it is, a guilty pleasure, not as a godsend.

gamer5 said:
But inside it's category it is a masterpiece - tell me where else you will find a ecchi comedy set in a fantasy setting with an adventure plot that is this popular or so well-done.
Ecchi comedy... yeah, this one is done well enough for me to like it, which is surprising to me since I usually loathe ecchi comedies(HSDxD LN adaptation shite).

Also I don't see this catering to my every demand (a similar argument was tried to be used before) and is probably not catering to the demands of most of it's viewers which probably want a stable paycheck, a stable private life and enough free time to enjoy their hobbies.
Boobs, naked girls, sexual humor, references left and right, that's not catering to weeaboos at all. Also the normal middle aged men watch chinese cartoons?

If you think that this show is stupid than you are.
Then where are my psychological mind games!? Oh wait, this is an ecchi comedy. I am so watching Kaiji or Akagi after this is over.

Trust me this show is way smarter then you think - considering that the author of the original source material is one of the first people outside of Japan that managed to succeed inside the extremely closed to outsiders Otaku industry of Japan. And he started with manga industry which is not just the biggest but also the hardest to start off industries due to the pressure of deadlines, making a good entertaining story and selling enough well.
Because I have sorely discredited the original creator with my previous posts. The guy sure knows what the otaku audience wants, I'll give him that. And he's smart enough not to leave many glaring plot holes and making up good explanations on the spot.

It is also not held only by the rule of cool -justifications snip
So long as they keep winning and keep being flawless geniuses in the end leaving absolutely no room for character development, they are still Gary Stu and Mary Sue the protagonists destroying any tension from the plot and actions happening, the more this happens the more boring it will get with time. A good reason as to why it's a 12 episode series, not like Fairy Tail.

To end the only thing that fails flat here is you.
I thought the saying was "fall flat", but I'm not an English speaker. This was a fun write up though.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 3:24 AM
Jun 19, 2014 3:18 AM

Jun 2008
Reinhard will be angry if he finds out his fleet of imperial battlecruisers were wiped out by 3 kemonomimi riding giant poofy hearts XD
Jun 19, 2014 3:20 AM

May 2013
I was really laughing in the references but Steins;Gate (Kurisu's pose) was pretty hilarious! I also thought too that Steph is really funny in this episode, lmao.

But anyways, pretty damn good episode.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 19, 2014 3:30 AM

Nov 2013
T3hSource said:

Actually most of us doesn't even know each-other RL or via internet, nor any other connection that you might believe to exist, "we" are just those which like this show.
And "I" also like this show, but I treat it as what I see it is, a guilty pleasure, not as a godsend.
Which is fine, because each person is entitled to their own opinion. But please don't try to force it on us; I also see this show from a different view and find it to be a master piece.
Jun 19, 2014 3:33 AM
Feb 2014
I so hope there is a hentai adaption to this.
Steph was actually tolerable this episode, im honestly shocked about it.

As for what happened at the end, did she get hit or was there some special ability war-beast had that was explained in previous episodes and i missed it or was just a cheat
I only read books i have already read
Jun 19, 2014 3:38 AM

Jul 2012
Lol this episode, really did not expect such a fun game! Good show!
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 19, 2014 3:48 AM

Mar 2013
This ep was absolutely glorious!!
The game is insane!
It's sad and hilarious that they use Steph as a test dummy :P
I LOL'd when Shiro shot Sora w/out hesitation after realizing he could turn into her love slave momentarily and when Sora shot that one Warbeast's panties off and he along with the crowd grieved hahah
Jun 19, 2014 4:15 AM

May 2010
Dat 3D animation! Now that was awesome! (but I still prefer 2D) I kinda liked the laid-back song, I found it quite original.

If I was that old man, I would so have told Sora that it was the real world. He called for his defeat.

Those Steins Gate and Persona references xD

That game was simpler than I thought but still lots of fun. When Shiro shot Sora, that was interesting.

"I'm so beau-ti-ful. Kya-waiii" xD

Too bad for you, Sora. Izuna and Shiro being little badasses. Jibril's psycho face <3

I kinda expected that hug scene and jumping off the roof but it still was epic.

"Was it only her panties which got shot? - Lmao

Now tat ended as a big cliffhanger!
Jun 19, 2014 4:25 AM

Nov 2012
though my only question is where did Shiro get that clothe from? XD
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Jun 19, 2014 4:31 AM
Mar 2014
Awsome episode just loved it ! steph being clumsy always makes me laugh, jibril at here best and Izuna at the end realising she is enjoying the game was great , it makes me sad realising next week is the last episode , crossing my fingers for a second season cause this anime defenetly deserve it .
Jun 19, 2014 4:38 AM

Jun 2013
Okay this makes no sense, so the were girl is able to turn the tables because of her physical abilities as a werebeast, and that is limiting shiro and Sora, but by that token Flugel should have no equals in combat outside of the dragon/ god tier, ie Jibril should theoretically be able to annihilate the girl in instant, so I don't get why that did not happen.
Jun 19, 2014 4:42 AM
Feb 2014
T3hSource said:

OK, let me be more clear then: Fuck you America for being a greedy, corrupt government that is only interested only in filling your pockets and destroying the world economy to achieve it!
And fuck you as well Western Europe for making my people think that we should follow your standards, you came to "help" us, when you just want our roads!

Oh come on, while I agree that gamer went overboard you aren't any better.

Also hivemind is indeed the wrong word, as said you would need some kind of leader for that but the result is still the same.
A better term would be that we are "gregarious animals".

But that principle fails here at this topic. Animals are gregarious to survive in the wild when they have no better means of protecting themselves; for humans this term gets a bit wider as it can refer to our inability to think for ourselves.

Under the same principle hype starts up, as some people love sth, others go with the flow until it becomes a wave. But the hype of NGNL started with it actually airing, not before; so as gamer said everybody could makes her-/himself a picture of what this anime is about and then decide for her-/himself if she/he likes this anime or not.

To say that liking this anime equals being a hivemind would make the assumption that people fail to make decisions on their own even after being presented all facts; sorry but I refuse to believe in that, the times of Immanuel Kant are long over and even though we still go with flow more often then against it, I think everybody can decide for her-/himself what they like or not.

And well tastes differ after all, there is no better or worse taste, so saying that it can't be a masterpiece for anyone because it is none for you is just false.
On the other hand you have every right to dislike NGNL.
What I hate on both sides is that they tend to rub into your face how much they like/hate NGNL and yes you aren't any better in that regard...
Jun 19, 2014 4:43 AM

May 2014
krownklown said:
Okay this makes no sense, so the were girl is able to turn the tables because of her physical abilities as a werebeast, and that is limiting shiro and Sora, but by that token Flugel should have no equals in combat outside of the dragon/ god tier, ie Jibril should theoretically be able to annihilate the girl in instant, so I don't get why that did not happen.
No magic in the virtual world, Jibril can't fly as well IIRC. So without her magic absorption is she still as powerful without even using magic, that is never stated and explained. She's capable, but it's never given as to how capable with these rule sets.
Jun 19, 2014 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
T3hSource said:
krownklown said:
No magic in the virtual world, Jibril can't fly as well IIRC. So without her magic absorption is she still as powerful without even using magic, that is never stated and explained. She's capable, but it's never given as to how capable with these rule sets.

Okay so you are saying the Flugel strength comes from magic rather than brute force. Makes sense, makes the beastmen even cheaper than I thought.
Jun 19, 2014 4:59 AM
Feb 2014
krownklown said:
T3hSource said:

Okay so you are saying the Flugel strength comes from magic rather than brute force. Makes sense, makes the beastmen even cheaper than I thought.

Not only that, e.g. Jibril can still "run" up at skyscrapers so most likely she is still stronger than Izuna in terms of raw strength.

But Izuna just has way more experience at it; if you would tell a soldier that has never played a FPS to play one against a pro player, the soldier would be annihilated by the pro even though the pro most likely never even held a real gun in his hands.

In a computer game experience is everything, you can get lucky as a button smasher but you will never be as constant in your wins as a pro ;-)
Jun 19, 2014 5:15 AM

Nov 2012
PremiumCascade said:
I so hope there is a hentai adaption to this.
Steph was actually tolerable this episode, im honestly shocked about it.

Three words: Rule Thirty-Four

Sooner or later we'll see a doujin of it in fakku.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 19, 2014 5:23 AM
Dec 2012
T3hSource said:
Then how come I can sum up at least 60% of this thread as: "OMG luv dis show", if that doesn't look like a hive mind to you, it does to me. And media is used as social engineering as well, it's unquestionably influential on the people's minds, and most don't pay attention to because they have other priorities in mind. This is entertainment and people are entertained.

"OMG lov dis show"Generalizing as well as insulting people by showing them as stupider then they are.
Social engineering for what? Yes if used for propaganda and similar uses then media does become a tool of social engineering, but if its made out for entertainment that in is different. And also by the words of the author himself NGNL was from this line of thoughts:
“I like fantasy stories, but I hate battles!”
“Then, let’s make it a fantasy world where you [can’t] do the usual battles!”
At that time I doubt that he even was thinking about anything else then making a story of this kind. In the end most works are made by their authors because they have the ideas - which they present to the world - as works of fiction.

... you know I was mentioning individuality and free will as the most important part of Western Culture - I didn't say that it was perfect I just guessed (being it an English-based community) that most of people on MAL come from countries which follow the values of Western Culture. But I guess that you would rather live as in the European Middle Ages and be hanged for stealing bread from the Church? Or you would rather like some other censorship period in the history of almost all longer-lasting cultures? Pretty much every culture that had power became corrupted over time so attacking the Western culture because of that is ... insulting Western Culture means insulting all of it, good and bad.

Ain't that the point of entertainment (what in the end anime is?)

Boobs, naked girls, sexual humor, references left and right, that's not catering to weeaboos at all. Also the normal middle aged men watch chinese cartoons?

Trough I understand that quite a number of such people would be on MAL - again most of the viewers are not. And what is wrong with normal middle aged men watching anime or similar thing? At least is a lot better than trowing bucketfuls of money at cars and so on.
As for the fact that not everyone watching this is a, like you put it "weeeboo", there is my youngest brother (currently not home for reasons not listed) who doesn't get an ounce of the references not to speak about knowing anything about Otaku things.

Then where are my psychological mind games!? Oh wait, this is an ecchi comedy. I am so watching Kaiji or Akagi after this is over.

The games are part of the already mentioned Adventure plot. Trough there are psychological games involved in NGNL unlike some other works they are not the main plot premise (trough they are a important part).

Because I have sorely discredited the original creator with my previous posts. The guy sure knows what the otaku audience wants, I'll give him that. And he's smart enough not to leave many glaring plot holes and making up good explanations on the spot.

... you know anyone who watches anime is an Otaku (an anime Otaku), anyone with an expectational strong interest in any imaginable thing/phenomenon/person is an Otaku. There are many kinds of Otaku out there and there is no way that a single anime cloud cover all of their interests. Hell even inside a single type of Otakus there are many sub-groups.
But the thing about NGNL is that it manages to cover a large (or larger then most) interests of different Otakus - primarily of those anime Otaku which want comedy and some fantasy adventure but a nice amount of other too. I will not go into details but really saying that Otakus just want fanservice, references and who knows what else you thought ... is non-sense considering that quite a few groups of Otakus mostly unrelated to anime (Idol Otakus foe example) are far larger in number and industry.

So long as they keep winning and keep being flawless geniuses in the end leaving absolutely no room for character development, they are still Gary Stu and Mary Sue the protagonists destroying any tension from the plot and actions happening, the more this happens the more boring it will get with time. A good reason as to why it's a 12 episode series, not like Fairy Tail.

OK I will point out:
1. There is no character without flaw(s) in NGNL.
2. There is character development but it is slow and constant rather then quick and sudden. Unfortunately the restrain of time didn't allow the details pointing to this to be done at all or the way they should have been done.
3. Fairly Tail barely has any character development - it just follows the pretense of "Comradeship is power" and "Friendship is the Solution to All" - so it is a weak point of attack. I read (and am still reading) the manga so I know.
4. Pretty much in every manga you have the "good" guys or "heroes" winning. Considering that NGNL is not done yet we can't say that Blank will have a perfect win record or win against the obvious last battle with Tet.

I don't have any problem in you sating you opinion but I do hate people attacking the fans of a work or the work itself without clearly thinking about what they are saying or pointing out. Also don't forget that this is an adaptation of a much detail-richer light novel so omitted parts might actually make the some parts much clearer. If you want to know everything about the characters and world of NGNL than reading the light novel is a must due the cut-offs or unclear explanations on this area present in the time-constrained anime.
Jun 19, 2014 5:24 AM

Dec 2013
Not bad. I liked the pacing but the game itself was meh. Dem Jibril's side boobs. Nice play by Shiro.
Jun 19, 2014 5:28 AM

May 2014
This tiny reply box is horrible for this and then I'm looking for discussions on MAL, I'm so stupid.

Caleb8980 said:
A better term would be that we are "gregarious animals".

But that principle fails here at this topic. Animals are gregarious to survive in the wild when they have no better means of protecting themselves; for humans this term gets a bit wider as it can refer to our inability to think for ourselves.
Now add to that circlejerking confirmation bias and suddenly any opinion that's outside what's universally agreed upon is treated as a threat as well aka "hate". I'm simply stating that an ecchi comedy doesn't deserve such big praise and ratings, yet at the same time I myself am entertained by it, it is both an ironic and futile fight on my part.

Caleb8980 said:
Under the same principle hype starts up, as some people love sth, others go with the flow until it becomes a wave. But the hype of NGNL started with it actually airing, not before; so as gamer said everybody could makes her-/himself a picture of what this anime is about and then decide for her-/himself if she/he likes this anime or not.
Yes, but I really hope the hype dies down once it's over, because having an ecchi comedy praised as the Anime of Spring 2014 doesn't sit right with me.

Caleb8980 said:
To say that liking this anime equals being a hivemind would make the assumption that people fail to make decisions on their own even after being presented all facts;
It looks like a hivemind, but I'm not here to argue over those specifics. I understand it's the internet and this is something people just share: "It's amazing", "yeah, it was" ~end of "discussion"<- that's my problem and then people recommend it and praise it for being fun, when it obviously has nothing else to offer.

Caleb8980 said:
And well tastes differ after all, there is no better or worse taste, so saying that it can't be a masterpiece for anyone because it is none for you is just false.
Yes, it's alright to rate an ecchi comedy over a psychological character study which gives you something to think about and analyze your own mind and beliefs about life, because you enjoyed it. Anime is just entertainment after all and nothing else.

Caleb8980 said:
On the other hand you have every right to dislike NGNL.
I like it as an ecchi comedy, but I dislike it as a game show. How's that for an individual opinion?
Caleb8980 said:
What I hate on both sides is that they tend to rub into your face how much they like/hate NGNL and yes you aren't any better in that regard...
"Еvery action has an equal and opposite reaction." ~reality. I gladly admit I'm no better.

It's obvious to me that this changes nothing, but I like a good debate.
T3hSourceJun 19, 2014 6:15 AM
Jun 19, 2014 5:38 AM

Feb 2012
Now, that's a game I'd want to play!! <3

Jibril is effin AWESOME!! Steph is USELESS once again!

Izuna evolved when her fun gauge maxed out! LOL
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jun 19, 2014 5:55 AM

Jan 2013
The dancing characters in the opening looks like it's made with some MMD-like program. o_o

One of the "less intellectual" , but probably most entertaining game so far, at least for me. Steph probably got mobbed by NPCs by now xD

Given how this series goes, Sora and Shiro will triumph for sure, but looking forward to how it will be presented next week.
A friend and I started ShoukoChan Anime T-shirts. We design modern and fashionable anime T-shirts you'd love to wear on a day out. Come check us out!
Jun 19, 2014 6:09 AM

Jul 2013
lol this game is ridiculous xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 19, 2014 6:13 AM
Oct 2012
T3hSource said:

Well be honest, doesn't that really depend on the quality of the "whore" that is in your face?

Besides, so what if that even is the case? That you want to deny yourself of such enjoyments is all fine and noble and what not, but does that justify you sticking your supposed "superiority" in other faces?
Jun 19, 2014 6:23 AM

May 2014
@gamer5

Thanks for the info. You've gone beside my points.
I have my own problems with my own culture and Western culture, and yes I would like to live in the good ol' days for my own reasons, doesn't have to be Middle Ages. We seem to have different beliefs about otaku culture as well.

I will still treat this as an ecchi comedy, a very well made one indeed, but I will keep going against the fanbois who dare to say that it's a masterpiece. You are a reasonable fan, but no obsessive fanboi. Suddenly you're an individual above the masses and in this "hivemind" of a thread, expressing your own opinions and articulating your own points, making you a smarter human being above the rest.

@Takuan_Soho
Oh, it's a quality whore which even I'm not missing out on. And yes I will stick my "superiority" when fanbois praise this to high heaven.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.