Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jun 18, 2014 1:44 PM
Oct 2012
Pain_is_love said:
Of course it is the panties.

And if you rearrange the letters in panties you get sapient.
Jun 18, 2014 1:47 PM

Jul 2012
kitkatxz said:

Someone obvisously didnt watch ping pong or mushishi lol....
This episode god dam... I laughed,threw up...., and saw madhouse at its finest...
2/5. If i were to judge the animation and art purely it would 10/10 cause god dam that falling scene with jilbrel and w/e her name is idc...was just down-right AMAZING LIKE DEAR GOD.
Now the characters dear mother of god.... I just really don't like how they use their characters. Steph is legitly every feminst worstmare in an anime show like SHE DOES NOTHING. Why say in episode 5 that she's smart WHEN SHE WILL NEVER APPLY IT...(still waiting for the steph thing though with that bet...), Jilbrel is YUNO ALL OVER AGAIN but worse dear god... Sora is like the standable character in this show cause he's just funny as hell, Shiro just dear god... just really don't like her at all show how op she is just be used plot device like cmon... yes her using clothes as shield was brillant yes, i honestly forgot about that; good for the show doing that but just be turned around and be used as fanservice just makes me wanna barf just like the forced incest jokes.....
At least one good thing came out of this episode.... IT'S ENDING NEXT WEEK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GET HYPED. Now if you execuse me im going to go watch that the sky-falling scene again cause madhouse is life...

I guess you are like the only one here hating on this anime. Such a shame, too bad for you then :v
Your statements/reasons for downvoting this show are just ridiculous too.

And yes, I'm watching Mushishi and Ping Pong too. And this doesn't change the fact that NogeNora is one of my favorite shows this season.
DanpmssJun 18, 2014 1:50 PM
Jun 18, 2014 1:47 PM
Feb 2014
Epic... just... epic

Not just action, it was hilarious. Loved the part where Sora did all that calculation for that one panty shot xp... and Jibril getting all excited over the love triangle XD

Ok, there's one thing I noticed because I rewatched this episode since it was so epic.
But if u look really closely at the gap between the shirt Shiro's wearing at about 16.55, it looks like she still has her panties on (oh god, this sentence sounds so wrong and makes me sound like a loli perv).

A mistake by the studio? Since she supposedly sacrificed her panties when she took the shot for Sora.

I'd post a pic but I dunno how on my phone n I dont have my laptop now.
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
Jun 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
So apparently Shiro's FPS skills are so amazing that she can line up trajectory perfectly even on wall shots in real time and adjust for where her target will be when the shot should connect, yet when she turns over to that werewolf chicks side, her shooting suddenly becomes shit and Sora dodges them with pathetic out of shape NEET maneuvers.

Ok then.
[size=200]MAL AVATAR SYSTEM BLOWS
Jun 18, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2013
animelover4432 said:
The bar might not be set very high, but No Game No Life is definitely the best designed anime of 2014.
*Even Ping Pong is an absolute snore fest, it's predictable to a major fault and on top of that, the season so far has been stagnant.

If anime with next to no character development and simple/slow plots such as Fate/Zero S2 or Death Note can make it to the top 30 list, NGNL is a nearly guaranteed.

They do not have simple plots.
But either way, simple =/= bad.
Slow =/= bad.
And you must have not paid attention at all when you watched them, otherwise you would never say something as absurd as this- no character development? Ha. Very funny.

DerpHole said:
So apparently Shiro's FPS skills are so amazing that she can line up trajectory perfectly even on wall shots in real time and adjust for where her target will be when the shot should connect, yet when she turns over to that werewolf chicks side, her shooting suddenly becomes shit and Sora dodges them with pathetic out of shape NEET maneuvers.

Ok then.
Did you miss what they were saying?
Shiro never was under her control. She pretended to be. And the reason she always missed was because she knew Sora would be to lazy to try and dodge so she was missing the shots on purpose.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting, merged double posts.
NiyawaJun 19, 2014 10:32 AM
Jun 18, 2014 1:50 PM

Oct 2007
animelover4432 said:
The bar might not be set very high, but No Game No Life is definitely the best designed anime of 2014.
*Even Ping Pong is an absolute snore fest, it's predictable to a major fault and on top of that, the season so far has been stagnant.

If anime with next to no character development and simple/slow plots such as Fate/Zero S2 or Death Note can make it to the top 30 list, NGNL is a nearly guaranteed.

Ping Pong and NGNL are too very very different shows aimed at very different possibly polar opposite types of fans. Also when those shows aired they were the hype and the epic just like NGNL is now. People that tend to live exclusively in the moment or in the heat of things might not agree but I can easily see people using NGNL in the same kind of sentence and argument you use now in a year or so for whatever is the hype then. Fandom is very fickle that way, particularly when it comes to hype.
Jun 18, 2014 1:52 PM
Feb 2014
Duri1n said:
Epic... just... epic

Not just action, it was hilarious. Loved the part where Sora did all that calculation for that one panty shot xp... and Jibril getting all excited over the love triangle XD

Ok, there's one thing I noticed because I rewatched this episode since it was so epic.
But if u look really closely at the gap between the shirt Shiro's wearing at about 16.55, it looks like she still has her panties on (oh god, this sentence sounds so wrong and makes me sound like a loli perv).

A mistake by the studio? Since she supposedly sacrificed her panties when she took the shot for Sora.

I'd post a pic but I dunno how on my phone n I dont have my laptop now.

Nah you just got a little mix up ;-)

It was Sora that shot away Shiro's panties while they were falling down the skyscraper; what Shiro did while Izuna attacked Sora was taking one of the buttons of her shirt and thowing it at the shot, if you look closely in the flashback you can see how she throws it :-D
Jun 18, 2014 1:55 PM
Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
kitkatxz said:

Someone obvisously didnt watch ping pong or mushishi lol....
This episode god dam... I laughed,threw up...., and saw madhouse at its finest...
2/5. If i were to judge the animation and art purely it would 10/10 cause god dam that falling scene with jilbrel and w/e her name is idc...was just down-right AMAZING LIKE DEAR GOD.
Now the characters dear mother of god.... I just really don't like how they use their characters. Steph is legitly every feminst worstmare in an anime show like SHE DOES NOTHING. Why say in episode 5 that she's smart WHEN SHE WILL NEVER APPLY IT...(still waiting for the steph thing though with that bet...), Jilbrel is YUNO ALL OVER AGAIN but worse dear god... Sora is like the standable character in this show cause he's just funny as hell, Shiro just dear god... just really don't like her at all show how op she is just be used plot device like cmon... yes her using clothes as shield was brillant yes, i honestly forgot about that; good for the show doing that but just be turned around and be used as fanservice just makes me wanna barf just like the forced incest jokes.....
At least one good thing came out of this episode.... IT'S ENDING NEXT WEEK YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GET HYPED. Now if you execuse me im going to go watch that the sky-falling scene again cause madhouse is life...

I guess you are like the only one here hating on this anime. Such a shame, too bad for you then :v
Your statements/reasons for downvoting this show are just ridiculous too.

And yes, I'm watching Mushishi and Ping Pong too. And this doesn't change the fact that NogeNora is one of my favorite shows this season.

Bro, I dont only hate on this anime it's just that... there's so much hate about it.... i'm sorry if i'm able to find anime you like terrible in my eyes, hell it's not that bad cause madhouse at least got the art and animation covered.. Lord praise madhouse (¬‿¬), but just saying i'm only here to bash it is wrong, because i do actually find some good points in this show, just that i don't like when it just takes it self seriously cause everytime it does... it fails in every aspect....
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
DerpHole said:

Ok then.
Shiro never was under her control. She pretended to be. And the reason she always missed was because she knew Sora would be to lazy to try and dodge so she was missing the shots on purpose.

Typed that up as I was watching lol
Jun 18, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2012
The love triangle and NTR joke was funny.

Figured Shiro was faking being controlled.

Izuna about to wreck shit up.
Jun 18, 2014 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
DerpHole said:
Botato said:

So you were spoiled? ._.
Apologies..
Feb 2014
Caleb8980 said:

Nah you just got a little mix up ;-)

It was Sora that shot away Shiro's panties while they were falling down the skyscraper; what Shiro did while Izuna attacked Sora was taking one of the buttons of her shirt and thowing it at the shot, if you look closely in the flashback you can see how she throws it :-D

Oops... argh... I must be too sleepy and got everything mixed up... rewatched the end with the flashback again, yeah, it was a button she threw that got hit... argh, feeling stupid now
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...

Oct 2007
DerpHole said:

Ok then.

This show constantly does stuff like that and contradicts itself. It operates entirely on rule of cool and that's pretty much that. It's almost entirely reliant on peoples reaction just being over the top praise and never questioning the obvious logical failings it presents. That and a near constant stream of excuses and fan theories to explain them away. Its the kind of show that I doubt can succeed out of its hype bubble and I'll be very curious to see how its appraised a year or two from bow once the community driven response has died down.
Jun 18, 2014 1:58 PM

Jan 2011
That direction, visuals, anime references... just wow.
Jun 18, 2014 1:59 PM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
DerpHole said:

Ok then.

This show constantly does stuff like that and contradicts itself. It operates entirely on rule of cool and that's pretty much that. It's almost entirely reliant on peoples reaction just being over the top praise and never questioning the obvious logical failings it presents. That and a near constant stream of excuses and fan theories to explain them away. Its the kind of show that I doubt can succeed out of its hype bubble and I'll be very curious to see how its appraised a year or two from bow once the community driven response has died down.

Proof that you don't even pay attention and are just here to hate:
Botato said:
Jun 18, 2014 1:59 PM

Mar 2013
Botato said:
DerpHole said:

So you were spoiled? ._.
Apologies..

Nah I made the reply and then finished the rest of the Episode. Didn't read your post till I was done.
Jun 18, 2014 2:01 PM

Nov 2013
DerpHole said:
Botato said:

So you were spoiled? ._.
Apologies..

Nah I made the reply and then finished the rest of the Episode. Didn't read your post till I was done.

Oh ok. All's good :)
Jun 18, 2014 2:02 PM
Feb 2014
Kaioshin_Sama said:
DerpHole said:

Ok then.

Ehm sry but as Botato said, she was never under Izuna's control, so she missed deliberately.

There is seriously no problem with you disliking this anime but please don't make assumptions about faults that aren't there in the first place...

EDIT: @Duri1n No problem :D That's one of the reason why discussions exist ^^
Caleb8980Jun 18, 2014 2:07 PM
Jun 18, 2014 2:10 PM
Oct 2012
Caleb8980 said:

To agree: nothing wrong with getting something wrong, people miss all sorts of stuff or remember it differently for all sorts of reasons, the only sin is not admitting with grace that one was wrong when someone points the error out :-)
Jun 18, 2014 2:20 PM

Apr 2012
so funny how they kept love enslaving each other
Jun 18, 2014 2:32 PM

Nov 2012
By God I am so engrossed with this show now!

Izuna's pre-Blood Destruction transformation transition bearing a resemblance to the Zone was very awesome in hindsight!

Oh crap, next will be the last episode....Nooooo

Sent with Mal Updater

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 18, 2014 2:32 PM

Sep 2007
I love this anime

Jun 18, 2014 2:33 PM
Mar 2014
Next week, madhouse please :D No game no life now! How you can make a better show?
Jun 18, 2014 2:37 PM
Oct 2011
was a very fun FATE/STAY NIGHT reference from Jibril, that phrase saying to shiro when was send to gain time from warbeast.

to interests see No Game No Life, epi 11, 17:33 to 17:45 and in Fate/Stay Night, epi 14, 09:17 to 09:25
Jun 18, 2014 2:46 PM

Apr 2014
Botato said:
animelover4432 said:

Slow =/= bad.
And you must have not paid attention at all when you watched them, otherwise you would never say something as absurd as this- no character development? Ha. Very funny.
Also you have shit taste if you don't appreciate the genius of Death Note.
[/quote]Don't get your panties up in a bunch, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Also, stop replying to every negative comment in the thread expecting to change their mind. It's annoying and shows that you can't take any criticism. Just ignore them.
Jun 18, 2014 2:55 PM
Jan 2013
Caleb8980 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

Ehm sry but as Botato said, she was never under Izuna's control, so she missed deliberately.

There is seriously no problem with you disliking this anime but please don't make assumptions about faults that aren't there in the first place...

Thank you based Caleb8980
Now just one more thing about this episode............... i just really REALLY REALLY hate how this show just trys to make it look smart. HEY GUYS IM JUST GOING TO DRAW THIS LONG ASS EQUATION JUST TO SAY BLANK BECAUSE MY ONII_CHAN SAID HE TRUSTED ME. Well so much for that crap and another thing... why the fuck would you even fucking say, "Onii-chan you really trust me?" or think that.... he trusted you when LEGITLY BETTED HIS OWN EXISTENCE TRUSTING THAT YOUUUUUUUUU WOULD FINISH THE GAME FOR HIM.... Like it's like they show the bond they have is resetting everytime they win a game or something.
Jun 18, 2014 3:06 PM
Feb 2014
kitkatxz said:

Now just one more thing about this episode............... i just really REALLY REALLY hate how this show just trys to make it look smart. HEY GUYS IM JUST GOING TO DRAW THIS LONG ASS EQUATION JUST TO SAY BLANK BECAUSE MY ONII_CHAN SAID HE TRUSTED ME. Well so much for that crap and another thing... why the fuck would you even fucking say, "Onii-chan you really trust me?" or think that.... he trusted you when LEGITLY BETTED HIS OWN EXISTENCE TRUSTING THAT YOUUUUUUUUU WOULD FINISH THE GAME FOR HIM.... Like it's like they show the bond they have is resetting everytime they win a game or something.

Now was that a compliment or a bash XD Well I'll go with the former so ty.

Well the equation is important for sth else in the next episode ;-)

Yes he trusts her so much that he bets his own existence in a game so she can end it, but as said the plan of Shiro was made on the spot without Sora being involved; that was just a reminder that whatever comes next is part of her plan even if he knows nothing about it.
Jun 18, 2014 3:06 PM

Nov 2012
Eduardol said:
was a very fun FATE/STAY NIGHT reference from Jibril, that phrase saying to shiro when was send to gain time from warbeast.

to interests see No Game No Life, epi 11, 17:33 to 17:45 and in Fate/Stay Night, epi 14, 09:17 to 09:25

Heck, even their poses are the same! Great reference!

Even Sora calling her out on it for being a death flag was an accurate reference to
SeaJaegerJun 18, 2014 3:11 PM

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Jun 18, 2014 3:09 PM

Nov 2013
Moonchipz said:
Botato said:

Slow =/= bad.
Don't get your panties up in a bunch, everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Also, stop replying to every negative comment in the thread expecting to change their mind. It's annoying and shows that you can't take any criticism. Just ignore them.

Eh I'm assuming he/she/they are a troll and I made my response with that assumption in mind.
And this was the only negative comment I replied to, the other ones I was clearing something up about the episode and is not me "unable to take criticism" nor am I trying to change anyone's mind.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting.
NiyawaJun 19, 2014 10:36 AM
Jun 18, 2014 3:13 PM

Nov 2012
Just recently finished F/SN and didn't even catch that one, nice.
Jun 18, 2014 3:17 PM

Nov 2013
Wow Shiro good shooting!

Finale next week, Izuna looks like she's gonna be an even tougher opponent now.. I hope our king and queen win this.

This anime is surely getting a 9 or 10 from me. Brilliant.
Jun 18, 2014 3:20 PM
Jan 2013
Caleb8980 said:
kitkatxz said:

Yes he trusts her so much that he bets his own existence in a game so she can end it, but as said the plan of Shiro was made on the spot without Sora being involved; that was just a reminder that whatever comes next is part of her plan even if he knows nothing about it.

It was a complinent my friend not much fans of this show can't take haters, well with reasons... I'm always up to be proved wrong cause i'll will acklonge if im wrong or not.
Back to trust thing
Sora has trusted Shiro ablitlies every-time... in the chess game when she was losing, he didn't doubt her, In the existence thing he didn't doubt her...., just really pisses me off she always needs to ask her Onii-chan if he trusts her when ever she's in charge or just makes a plan out of thin air... unlike Sora who can just go in thinking if i can't do my sister can, really shows how weak shiro is with people who are close to her...
edit: GRAMMAR IS SOMETHING I REALLY LACK IN :D
kitkatxzJun 18, 2014 3:32 PM
Jun 18, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2011
Yo this episode was INSANE!!
Jun 18, 2014 3:23 PM
Mar 2013
This get better and better.

only one episode left.
Jun 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Jan 2014
This episode just put this anime on the spot for the best anime to come out this spring. No other anime can top this.

Been a long time since I felt this much excitement....
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
Jun 18, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2013
These are supposed the most powerful and undefeatable GODs, and yet they both freaked out and admitted defeat when they thought the virtual setting was the real Tokyo. Ha! Hilarious.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jun 18, 2014 3:31 PM
Jun 2014
anyone got the logh reference at the beginning?
Jun 18, 2014 3:37 PM

Dec 2010
Jaeger07 said:
Eduardol said:

Heck, even their poses are the same! Great reference!

Even Sora calling her out on it for being a death flag was an accurate reference to
Great catch! I lol'ed @ the death flag so hard.

Brilliant episode indeed.
Jun 18, 2014 3:38 PM

Nov 2012
kitkatxz said:
Caleb8980 said:

It was a complinent my friend not much fans of this show can't take haters, well with reasons... I'm always up to be proved wrong cause i'll will acklonge if im wrong or not.
Back to trust thing
Sora has trusted Shiro ablitlies every-time... in the chess game when she was losing, he didn't doubt her, In the existence thing he didn't doubt her...., just really pisses me off she always needs to ask her Onii-chan if he trusts her when ever she's in charge or just makes a plan out of thin air... unlike Sora who can just go in thinking if i can't do my sister can, really shows how weak shiro is with people who are close to her...
edit: GRAMMAR IS SOMETHING I REALLY LACK IN :D

Reassurance is quite a many-splendored thing you know.

Given their upbringing, it may be wise to imply that behind their facade they are just two half-siblings who have been abandoned by parents and thus are somewhat faltering in the trust department. Besides, what can you expect from that 11-year old girl apart from her superhuman intellect? Of course without moral support she'd probably cower in a catatonic state in a corner somewhere.

Jun 18, 2014 3:38 PM
Nov 2013
That op was glorious. This episode was glorious. GLORIOUS.
Damn, Izuna looks like she's going into beast mode. She looked pretty scary.
Last episode next week :(
Jun 18, 2014 3:43 PM

Jan 2013
I died at this part

Finale next week! I'm going to miss watching this weekly...
Jun 18, 2014 4:00 PM

Aug 2008
best... world... ever....
I forgot how to signature...
Jun 18, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
Nice fun episode...1 more to go :D
Jun 18, 2014 4:02 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was hilarious. lol Dat ending. :P
Jun 18, 2014 4:08 PM

Nov 2013
So many references to other animes, idols, and cheesy harem shooting games. That gal gun game looked fun, now I actually want the real thing...

Also a fitting cliffhanger before the very last episode. I'll miss this show.
Jun 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Mar 2014
Very nice 5/5
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Jun 18, 2014 4:09 PM

Dec 2012
Every second watching this episode is so worth. I love how they Shiro calculate the projectiles.
Jun 18, 2014 4:13 PM

May 2012
Awesome. Like how those bullet stuffs bounces. And Shiro is so BA with those things.. cool.
Jun 18, 2014 4:15 PM

Jul 2012
Bah! Blood Destruction is a lie! Gimme some hot furry babes and make fun of them like you did the angel-creature!

Aside from her 'transformation' being made of glowing runes instead of growing fur, I enjoyed the episode. I'm sad it's only got one episode left, but it's been really popular so I hope it'll get another season some time.
Ever heard of "Mafia"? Check out my spin on the game type with a version similar to "Are You a Werewolf" - Werewolves of the Dark Arts
Jun 18, 2014 4:16 PM
May 2014
This episode gives me a weird sensation I never felt before - I'ma name it "suspenseful hilarity".

Jibril x Shiro. Must. Ship.
Pages (10) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2014

294 by FarCritical »»
Apr 19, 11:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.