Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2014 1:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Taken in~

Lovely beginning so far with some surreal motifs. I like how the dialogues breaks down and systemically describe to a degree for each line with deeper meaning. Reina seems to have some interest in that girl this volume as well by judging this beginning.
Jan 11, 2016 5:12 AM
May 2015
After I read volume 2, volume 1 finally makes more sense.
Feb 1, 2016 3:47 AM

Nov 2009
Mikage Eiji impresses me more and more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 2016 6:51 PM

Apr 2015
Mikage sama does it again, created a masterpiece.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 12:33 AM

Apr 2013
Chpater 1
I've enjoyed the Kamisu Reina Series a lot so far. It's incredibly unique, mind-boggling and thought-provoking. I've never read or seen anything quite like it. This is one of those novels that has managed to grab me from the first page, to the point where I'm still reading it an hour later just to get to the end of it. Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria is the only other light novel to have provoked that sense of engagement from me. In other words, it's Mikage Eiji's writing that captivates me. It's such a shame that some of his series haven't been translated.

But there was something different about this chapter. I've never related so closely to a fictional character before in my life. It's also why I could predict the direction this was going in from the beginning--I've already analysed myself in the same way, so it's natural that I already know the conclusion. This is a whole other level of engagement; Mikage Eiji soars to new heights with this chapter. Never before have I seen any fictional character perfectly encapsulate my flaws, but Mutsui does it. I felt the same with previous chapters, too, but not to this degree. I love the Kamisu Reina Series.
Jun 18, 2019 1:55 PM
Aug 2014
I have mixed opinions regarding this work. I like the dialogues, monologues and the structure Eiji set up. I could also relate to Kamisu Reina, not in the way of being popular, but understand her thought process. On top of that, Mutsui was an incredibly well thought-out character whom I related to a lot. I don't find much of the rest to be that plausible. Now, I am not on the brink of being morbid and it might be realistic to be attached to something intangible, sure. But the fact that she was existing as a human and still regarded as a godlike creature baffles me. Is there truly such a beauty in this world?

Then again, the same issue surfaces in religion, so I can't determine. overall a good job from Eiji Mikage! It's different from what I expected and touched on interesting issues.

I would love for Mikage to write a longer light novel again. Utsuro is still the best thing I've ever read.
Feb 28, 2021 9:36 AM

May 2018
This is better than I have imagined, never thought Kamisu Reina's origin would be interesting, her motive was pretty unclear on Volume 1, but since the Volume 2 started everything is slowly getting connected. Really nice read, this is my first Mikage Eiji's work, I need to explore more of his works.

More topics from this board

» What do you think about kamisu reina after reading it?

benriya - Oct 26, 2015

5 by MurukoHiiragi »»
Jan 2, 2020 3:10 AM

» Ideal staff in the unlikely case of an adaptation.

TwilightCelica - Nov 17, 2017

1 by Genocyber »»
Feb 16, 2018 12:00 AM

Poll: » Kamisu Reina Series Volume 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

5 by reizenchuu »»
Jan 15, 2018 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.