Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 14, 2014 11:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, I can't help but grin at some of the people from Nike's kingdom.

I like how Nike's sisters takes the stage and sing the OP song. It's like the song is famous in this show now lmao. On another note, Kitora pissed me off this episode. Sigh, can't she ever catch a break?!

And also, I think Nike's grandma is pretty badass. Pretty intense episode overall. I like how Nike fights for herself and Livius.
Stark700Jun 14, 2014 12:25 PM
Jun 14, 2014 11:04 AM

Nov 2007
Father? The guy is under most of people in the country, who doesn't think good about the king of son because they think that the girl is important for the country. Short hair sister is helping them, who didn't drink the water with sleeping pill, meet the girl who got trapped. Both of them still think of each other even when they are away from each other.

Two more eps.
tsubasaloverJun 14, 2014 11:29 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 14, 2014 12:30 PM

Jul 2010
Love really do change people ^w^ All those blushing and sensitivity now!
Kara with her personality and that feast xD Glad she was the one to do what she believed is right.
The incense and the drugged drinks to protect the power from human hands!
Livius fighting against the grandma to find the key. Nike trying to break free knowing that it is near impossible. I really like the concept on how Nike would feel more pain if she gave up.
Seeing Livius and Nike's efforts to be together... feeling a bit on the eyes.
Jun 14, 2014 12:46 PM
めんどくさい

Sep 2011
Damn relatives, you can never trust them.
Jun 14, 2014 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
I thought we would see Neil sing... from the preview of the last episode oO I wanted to see that ><
Jun 14, 2014 1:31 PM

Oct 2010
I assumed this episode would give some well deserved attention to Neil, that's what the last previews hinted at. But instead I was fed with even more drama concerning people trying to split Livi and Nike up, as if there hasn't already been too much of that. It's getting more than a little tiring.
Jun 14, 2014 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
I dint think that most of her family members would turn on her, livi is still awesome as always and so is that grandma.
Jun 14, 2014 1:45 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Nike is copying Steph's way of venting her extreme flusteration, banging her head on wall and stuff. XD
No "WRYYYYY" though.. That might've been epic!

That moment when she walked in and saw Livi naked.. Her reactions afterwards were so hilarious!

Loved Nike X Livi moments in the rain! Good seeing Livi apologizing and expressing his thoughts and feelings to Nike.
Kitora just had to intervene.. Well, at least they meet Nike's dad at last.

Kitora discloses his motive and makes his move. What a chagrin guy. -.-
Already knew that grandma was behind this..

Livi faking sleep and countering the situation with Neil's help was awesome!
Good seeing Kara leading Livi to the Black Lotus tower. Probably the best sister. (^^)

Livi got some big guts to take on grandma's challenge in finding the key and saying Nike is his woman. What a guy!
Meanwhile, Nike trying to get out from the confinement and thinking about Livi was admirably nice. Such a loving relationship they uphold! (^^)

Nice episode. Great to see that the manga is being adapted faithfully!
Next episode should conclude the arc.

Jun 14, 2014 3:22 PM
Mar 2012
Everyone is trying to get in the way of their love DX Can't believe the grandmother said the matter was trivial, that's basically degrading her granddaughter.
Jun 14, 2014 3:53 PM

Jun 2013
Was disappointed because no Neil singing.
Jun 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
Best episode yet. For once, the drama made sense. Livi even (even!) apologizes for his hysterics three episodes ago. He apologized already but that was more an afterthought than anything -- this is the genuine article.

And damn is cropped-haired oneesan just the best. So cool. *__*

BakaAniki said:
Was disappointed because no Neil singing.
As is everyone. Let's hope his beautiful singing voice will be a treat saved for next week. (Plz yes.)
Jun 14, 2014 5:22 PM

Jan 2014
Woah that escalated more quickly than Livi's short yandere moment.

I lol'd so hard at the naked part and then at the whole disco show, LMAO how in Earth did they get all of that technology?

Cousin with feelings, Grandma that looks to protect the interests of the kingdom and humanity. She sure is a tough opponent to beat.

It was really warm and at the same time heartbreaking watching the two fight so hard for each other, Livi getting buried in swamp and Nike beating herself to death to escape.

I wanna see how this progresses.
Jun 14, 2014 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
so much cheese in one episode o_o

Jun 14, 2014 6:53 PM

Nov 2013
So.....

...Long story short:

[b]*[/b] Gramma's a bitch and everybody fears her
[b]*[/b] Everyone in the family (except Kara) are pussies that obey without question.
[b]*[/b] Livius and Neil had their number all along
[b]*[/b] The cousin is jealous and wanted Nike all along

....okay....!!!

Anyway, that sickness that Nike mother suffers from.... wonder if it is a true sickness or one more order from bitchy Gramma?? It seems like if someone doesn't go with her wills, they will be forcibly invited to take some time off...

Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 14, 2014 7:03 PM
Jul 2018
I can't believe that everyone is trying to get in the way of Niki's and Livius's love.
Jun 14, 2014 8:20 PM

Aug 2013
I can't stop laughing when Nike, all bloodied, told Kitora she loves Livi. That's not a slap to the face. That's a stab to the heart with a spear tipped with lots of salt XD! Take that scum lmao.

They should take Kara back to the Sun Kingdom. She's so cool and I bet it would be more hilarious if she's around.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 14, 2014 9:04 PM

Jul 2010
Lol and here I thought they had forgotten about Nike's father.
Nike and Livi's relationship is well established, and that makes the drama more effective.

The grandma is really a bitch btw.

There wasn't "IZ TENDER RAIN" so 0/10, dropped.
On a serious note, they will surely put it in again in the next two episodes.
Jun 14, 2014 9:25 PM

Apr 2011
The king of the humans versus the leader of the rain summoners >_<
NOT FAIR AT ALL! Livi is just a mere human without powers

It's heartwarming to realize that the bond between Livi & Nike is growing deeper than I expected.

Jun 14, 2014 11:48 PM

Jan 2011
I think that Livi was very prescient in accompanying Nike back to the rain kingdom, if he hadn't it's pretty clear that she wouldn't have been allowed to leave. While the preview would indicate that they will reunite, I'm not too sure that this issue will be resolved. I don't think Grandma is used to not getting absolute compliance with her decisions.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jun 15, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2012
Wow. "She is my woman." Hehe. Go Livi!!!!
Jun 15, 2014 1:24 AM

Jan 2013
Also disappointed in Neil not singing, but him fighting and being bad-ass sort of made up for it :D

Intense episode. Nike finally realizes her feelings.
Jun 15, 2014 3:04 AM

Oct 2013
I'm glad that livi is always on alert.
Jun 15, 2014 3:19 AM

May 2013
I can't help but to smile when Nike and Livi are saying romantic lines tbh.

Overall, what a great episode. Lmao to Nike's sister and *sighs* no Neil singing? And thank you Nike for finally realizing that your love Livi.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 15, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2010
Woohoo, the rating of this episode is almost perfect!

Tetere? What a nice name!

Kitora and Nike would make a hot couple, I just can't help but think of this.

I loved the insert song (which is also the OP) by Kara, she is hilarious xD Love Nike's sisters.

Glad Livius didn't fall for the trick. Neil in action! Esp. love Kara, so laid-back but fun, brave and kind.

Yeah, go Nike! You can get out.
Jun 15, 2014 5:44 AM

May 2013
What they did was a declaration of war if you ask me.

Well, it was a good episode to say the least.
Jun 15, 2014 7:04 AM

Sep 2007
Loved this ep....They've successfully graduated from "plaything" now.

aww man 2 more eps left.....D':
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 15, 2014 7:11 AM

Sep 2011
The ep got dark real fast! Nike kingdom such a dic*, i hope livi kick their arse next ep!
Jun 15, 2014 8:34 AM

Aug 2010
This couple is really to much for my heart <3 Their Bond is so strong >.<

Flustered Nike at the beginning was KAWAII <3

The part in the rain under the umbrella was cute with how Livi told her he feels like she can fly away in the open clear sky :3

Lol'd at Nike's dad XD So he just sent Nike to marriage on the spur of the moment XD

Kara is my fav sister! She's so cool. Loved her live and how she led Livi to Nike. She's BA!

Didn't expect Baba to be the one who doesn't want Livi. Her reason is quite logical though with her fearing he'd use her powers for destruction in the future.

Loved how Livi had his doubts from the start and pointed his sword at the hypnotist and nice to see Niel in action ^^;

Baba is friggin BA cutting the sword in half so easily and calling lightning. Loved Livi's glare. He looks so BA!

Poor Nike doesn't know what's going on outside and hitting the door until she bled. DAT BOND <3

I hope nxt ep will have Nike sing and clear the sky >.<
Jun 15, 2014 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, those cheesy romantic lines make me grin so badly. They're so cute together.
Jun 15, 2014 12:57 PM

May 2013
- I demand equality, if Livi had been cutting wood with an axe he would no doubt would had his shirt off >_<

- Since granma says they are not human and they have microphones and high potency reflectors (and therefore electricity), then they must be aliens >_<

- Drugging and hypnotizing the head of state of a powerful foreign country would be IRL enough reason to burn the country to the ground and sell the citizens as slaves.

- Tetere sounds like titere (which means puppet in spanish), coincidence?
Jun 15, 2014 4:37 PM

Jun 2012
That was absurd.
Jun 15, 2014 8:33 PM

Oct 2011
Tearing my heart out T__T

Baba WTF!!!!

Livius and Nike's bond is so strong!!!
Jun 16, 2014 1:14 AM

Mar 2011
This anime is always so sweet, defiantly an underrated gem this season.

That concert was random though, seemed off, was it suppose to just be a joke, with how no one knew what the microphone was? It just seemed really out of place >.<.

But another touching episode. Livi is considered the evil king, but grandma looks more like a tyrannous ruler than he does xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 16, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2008
Neil doesn't have to be a demon to be one hell of a butler. If only we heard him sing...
Jun 16, 2014 7:00 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
Neil, quite the beast
I love the concert and Neil's reaction
this series keeps getting more and more interesting.
I didn't think the Grandma would be the mastermind at all, but eh, nothing too surprising.

inb4
"Aw this was a test of strength and you have succeeded Sun King"
Jun 16, 2014 7:28 AM

Jan 2009
Love is strong in this episode !
Jun 16, 2014 11:19 AM

Dec 2013
DarkMoonWolf said:
So.....

...Long story short:

[b]*[/b] Gramma's a bitch and everybody fears her
[b]*[/b] Everyone in the family (except Kara) are pussies that obey without question.
[b]*[/b] Livius and Neil had their number all along
[b]*[/b] The cousin is jealous and wanted Nike all along

....okay....!!!

Anyway, that sickness that Nike mother suffers from.... wonder if it is a true sickness or one more order from bitchy Gramma?? It seems like if someone doesn't go with her wills, they will be forcibly invited to take some time off...

Well, the mother IS sick, and she ain't a bitch. She's actually quite likable.

The grandma acts like a bitch, but that ain't really true. She's the ruler of a country who wants whats best for it. As it happens, she WAS away when the Duke married Nike off to Livi. Her methods may be hard-lined and underhanded, but in the end she's doing what she feels is best for the future of her country. That's the difficulty of being a monarch. Of course, she had the bad luck to go against Livi, so in a match of selfish intentions, she's bound to lose anyway.

Agreed, I also admire Kara for standing up to her family in helping Livi get to Nike. It takes a lot of guts to stand up to your entire family.

All that said, Kitora is an arse and a sad excuse for a villain. He didn't have the guts to show his feelings to Nike before. I would have loved to see Livi smack his arse silly, but alas it never happened in the manga.... such a pity....
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 16, 2014 12:19 PM

Aug 2013
You promised us but where is singing Neil with Choo Choo Train............
Kara and her own version of Tender Rain tho

Wow wow what the bloody f*ck, what's up with Nike's family and relatives (with the exception of Kara ofc)
but dat "SHE IS MY WOMAN!!!11" from Livi, wow god bloody dammit Livi you made me kyaaaaa so hard at 3AM
Zelot said:
inb4
"Aw this was a test of strength and you have succeeded Sun King"

I thought the same too lmao
Jun 16, 2014 12:30 PM

Sep 2007
Tohka_Yatogami said:
I can't believe that everyone is trying to get in the way of Niki's and Livius's love.

That's because it's bloody weird!

Jun 16, 2014 1:35 PM

Sep 2009
I like this episode! Too bad there is no tender rain. The drama is really good, compared to any before ones that just kind of come out of nowhere.

Obaba is really a badass power women. I bet Nike's mom also has it in her. That genes seems to pass on to Nike and Kara, the other two sisters probably have more of the father's genes. Especially the gray hair one.

Obaba really is righteous though.
Jun 16, 2014 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
[quote=L-Ryoshi]

Well, the mother IS sick, and she ain't a bitch. She's actually quite likable.[/quote]
Please read what I wrote again...

I said I don't know if the mother is really sick or if it she was made to be sick by the bitchy Gramma...

Never said nothing bad about her mother, just spoke about the possibility of she's being made to suffer at the hands of the true ruler of the country... nothing more.
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 17, 2014 11:20 PM

Nov 2007
Xenograft said:
Tohka_Yatogami said:

It won't be weird in 3-4 years time I tell you!

Can we get more love for Nike? Everyone who agrees please say HAAAAAAAA!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 18, 2014 2:10 AM

Apr 2008
shanimebib said:
Xenograft said:

It won't be weird in 3-4 years time I tell you!

Can we get more love for Nike? Everyone who agrees please say HAAAAAAAA!

Hear hear!
Jun 18, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2013
Neil ask the real question... WHY IS THERE SPOTLIGHTS AND A MIKE? With all that technology... That obaba sure have some massive conquest plan :P

Awwwn, Nike has fallen in love with him :3
I mean, we knew it, but she finally realised it. It's a great step forward.

Poor Livi, having to find a freaking key in some dangerous water that could have sunk in the mud.

What I expect next episode, Kitora opening Nike jail and the people that were watching Livi at the end help him.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 19, 2014 11:26 AM

Jan 2011
TehWhiteTiger said:

If it was a normal rom-com, or even pure romance, I would agree. Shouta wont fly though. I just increased the score to 7/10, but the main couple just feels wrong to me so I cant give it more. I imagine that is the main reason for the low score. I still cant see how Nike can have sexual drive towards someone whose head is the size of her boobs. When she hugs him, I can only see that as maternal instincts tingling. If I try to imagine anything more... brrr....
Also Livi having a mother complex doesnt help. The show just demands too much understanding from the audience.
Well, my 2 cents on the case, that is.
Jun 21, 2014 12:41 PM

Nov 2013
If that grandma kills the sun king... her country would be... obliterated. Hope the wise old woman knows that ">.>
Jun 21, 2014 12:45 PM

Nov 2013
AlexGK said:
TehWhiteTiger said:

If it was a normal rom-com, or even pure romance, I would agree. Shouta wont fly though. I just increased the score to 7/10, but the main couple just feels wrong to me so I cant give it more. I imagine that is the main reason for the low score. I still cant see how Nike can have sexual drive towards someone whose head is the size of her boobs. When she hugs him, I can only see that as maternal instincts tingling. If I try to imagine anything more... brrr....
Also Livi having a mother complex doesnt help. The show just demands too much understanding from the audience.
Well, my 2 cents on the case, that is.

Maybe you should... read the description of a show...?

Nike, the fourth princess of the Rain Dukedom and one who holds the power to call forth the rain, travels to the Sun Kingdom to marry Sun King Livius for her country, despite her own reluctance. She soon discovers that the King, who conquered the world in only three years after his ascendance to the throne, is still a child! Furthermore, for trivial reasons, he has demanded that Nike call forth the rain...?!

That's like me watching some gory horror flick and being like, oh, minus 2 points for the gore. Ew. That would make me an idiot, just saying.
Jun 27, 2014 7:07 AM

Dec 2011
Dat kiss from the last episode...

LOL, Nike is doing everything in many times the quantity they actually need for the welcoming feast XD.

Hahaha, Nike's reaction to seeing Livi naked XD.

LOOL, Nike's father looked like an abandoned puppy trembling like that XD.

Uuuum... that's quite the feast you guys have going there...

Holy crap, they're really going after Livi's head lol... oh never mind, they're just going to hypnotize him, meh.

Good Livi, very good, "She is my woman", well said XD.

"I love him", oh Nike T.T
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jun 30, 2014 7:50 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Live and Neil were very aware of the old hag's actions. Back problems, reason to call back Nike, as if that was a real problem to call back Nike.

Nike, ma girl, you go after your man.

One of my favorite lines from the show, "She is my woman.I get what I want"

Jul 2, 2014 11:45 PM

Apr 2010
Am I the only one who noticed that the Principality of Rain has electricity? They have some rather advanced tech compared to the Sun Kingdom. What's next, automatic weapons and attack helicopters?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

131 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 20, 3:54 PM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM

» Livi and Nike ages range??

NajSuarez94 - Jul 22, 2014

7 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.