Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 31, 2008 12:42 AM

Sep 2007
DeathfireD said:
damn it, m33w just dropped the show because its licensed. I really hope other subbers keep subbing it till its finished airing.

A.) There's already a thread for this, so future discussion should continue there http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=12249
B.) I'm not certain they're planning on dropping it, the news post was worded oddly and implies that they may still be releasing episodes directly to places like tokyo toshokan. The direct quote is: "I will stop posting news updates regarding releases of True Tears and Shigofumi."
Can't say for sure, but this is my hope in any case.
NatakiJan 31, 2008 12:49 AM
Jan 31, 2008 9:51 AM
Jan 2008
Don't worry dude even if meew drops True tears theres still 3 other fan groups subbing that series but of course not as fast as meew -_-.(not sure if they will drop it either) go to baka-updates.com to check the releases and fansubs. That is where i get all my anime.
Feb 1, 2008 2:02 AM

May 2007
animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.
Feb 3, 2008 1:34 AM
Oct 2007
Heh,

The end made me laugh :-)

For some reason the OP reminds me of kashimashi's OP :S
Feb 3, 2008 3:04 AM

Sep 2007
sh4z said:
animesuki.com is good too. pity bout the possibly drop. I hope ur right nataki. it does seem it was implied that way. heres hoping. I have enjoyed their quality fansubs so far.

m.3.3.w has released episode 4 of Shigofumi (the other recently licensed anime) under the name w.0.0.f -- We should be able to expect the same for True Tears ^_^
Feb 3, 2008 8:16 AM

Apr 2007
Crenshinibon said:
I'm not sure if Hiromi just trapped herself in a lie or was telling the truth about liking Noe's brother anymore, at first I figured she just lied, but she came up with so much information suddenly that it's really hard to tell for sure now.

I also wonder about that. If she lied, I think she did it because her friend also likes Shin and she doesn't want her friend to hold back for her sake anymore. But the way she talked about Noes brother made me wonder again... We will see! :P

cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Disturbing thought but I fear it's true. o_O

cosmonaut said:
Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Either that or Shins mother liked Hiromis father back (before any of them were married) then but Hiromis mother got him and she just married Shins father for the sake of getting married or to be close to her "stolen love" since the two men were friends.

I liked this episode because it had more Hiromi in it then the past ones. ^^ Now I would just hope that Ai also gets abit more screentime since her story starts to interest me more and more.
I still cheer for Hiromi to get together with Shin, but I fear that Noe might win. =/
Feb 4, 2008 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
some funny parts, the goofy face after eating the chicken feed and the goofy face after brushing his teeth. I don't hate hiromi but I'd rather him not end up with her but it seems rather obvious it will be her. I prefer Ai Chan she's just so cute, and he's oblivious to her. Noe is funny though.
Feb 9, 2008 2:07 AM

Apr 2007
This is the best winter anime, with shigofumi then Spice and wolf close behind. This one really stands a chance of getting into my top 10 if it can keep it up.
Off to next episode!~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 25, 2008 10:51 PM

Jan 2008
ahhhhhh! i cant stand this.....

>.<
Apr 27, 2008 8:37 AM

Feb 2008
Looks like this has become one of the discussed episode, eh?!

Well, the facial expression of Noe eating the sky food and Shin's last expression is the very priceless. LOL!
Aug 13, 2008 11:04 PM

Nov 2007

haha.. noe is so cute heRe! aha
dont expect that iLL love noe!..

but i did! i love her weirdness! aha go noe!
demo i love hiromi foR shin! :p

wait!.. hmn.. i wonder if jun (noe's brother) cares for noe as a brother or as a lover., i mean he wanted to touch her face.. waaaatttt!!!!!!!!???
aha! demo jun is a bishounen ne?.. kyaaaaa!!!!!!! aha
Nov 7, 2008 2:55 PM

Aug 2008
cyruz said:
Another awesome episode, all the girls were awesome. Ai-chan, Hiromi and of course Noe, too. :D

I burst out in laughter when she actually ate the chicken food and made this face. xD

Shin's HAI~?! at end was hilarious, too. The preivew left me waiting anxiously for the next episode.

Noe>Hiromi>Ai ...That's my impreswsion of them so far.
hehe she did made a really moe face when she ate those seeds ^^
Shin's stunned reaction was hilarious as well xD

Dec 17, 2008 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
Does Noe's Brother like her...leading to incest???
xbox : Okami Sphere
Feb 12, 2009 1:05 AM

Oct 2008
loliconlover said:
Does Noe's Brother like her...leading to incest???

Na I cant see this anime having an incest. Its just brotherly feelings. *Hopes that it is just brotherly feelings*

Ok Ai is offically gone with Shin's friend now. Its out of Hiromi and Noe. I really cant really put a finger on whats going to happen. I hope this tell us more about Hiromi's family and her connection with Shin's soon.
ManifestFeb 12, 2009 1:09 AM
Apr 13, 2009 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
Well what the hell was with Noe's bro wanting to... touch her face? It seems a lil weird, and then, he just asked Shinishiro to ask her out? Wah? That was obviusly disgusting.

I hope Shinishiro doesn't end up with Hiromi, wich is obviusly predictable, i wouldn't like that ending. I dislike Hiromi for the fact that she is a lier bitch. Fuck her.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Apr 18, 2009 9:22 AM

Nov 2008
Again an awesome ending lol...allways unpredictable.

Im just guessing this:
I am afraid this is going to end like "school Days", not "that" way tho. First shin'ichiro thinks that he likes hiromi, but later starts to like Noe, who tried to support shin'ichiro for better relationship between him and hiromi. But when he starts to like Noe, Hiromi finally shows her true feelings. Just everything happens in wrong time....
Jun 9, 2009 4:58 AM

Apr 2008
lols ... face wash as toothpaste ... haha~

date-o date-o =P hahas~

Jun 10, 2009 6:56 AM

Jun 2009
The grandma scene was quite well done. Now I know why Noe can't cry. I do hope they will build up more on this and this becomes one of the more important, defining scenes later on in the series.

I Loled at the toothpaste scene as well. Funny as hell
Fear the finger of death
Sep 23, 2009 4:32 AM

Nov 2007
Another extremely good episode ^^! So it seems her hesitance means that she actually still has feelings for him =O? And lmao at the last few minutes of episode xD
Jan 28, 2010 4:40 AM

Nov 2009
Yeah i get the feeling hes gonna end up with hiromi, and ai-chans gonna break up with her bf...But i really like noe T_T
Mar 9, 2010 5:19 PM

Mar 2010
Intriguing, to say the least.
Let me get this straight. Ai is going out with Nobuse but it appears she has feelings for Shin'ichiro as well. Troublesome, indeed.
I also noticed how Noe's brother hesitated putting on the helmet on Noe to then touch her face gently. Brotherly love or something else?

Questions aside, I lol'd majorly when Shin'ichiro screamed at the crows that were on the electric line.

Birds: BAWW.
Shin: BBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRR.

Also, someone needs to smack Ichiro's mom. I hate her feelings towards Hiromi. Makes me want to......UGH.
May 22, 2010 3:24 AM

Mar 2010
I like all the girls in this anime, and believe me that's reaaaally rare for me XD Hhahah. Mostly I have some girl that I hate and just can't stand but I found all the girls in this anime really interesting.

I think Shinichiro is gonna be with Hiromi but that's totally fine with me. I wish this was a longer anime.
May 27, 2010 4:22 AM

Sep 2009
I don't mind which girl is chosen...but I hate seeing someone suffering in the distance.
Jul 22, 2010 4:08 PM

Jan 2010
what a great episode...i was a little sad before i watched it and now i feel good :D

5/5

PS:i really hope that all the characters will stay alive at the end of the series,and shinichiro has to pick Noe :D,or atleast the suppoting character,forgot her name(chances are close to 0 for her tho...)
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Nov 3, 2010 9:05 PM
Jul 2018
lilgumba said:
cosmonaut said:
These are my thoughts on this episode: First of all, does the brother have a thing for his sister? It seemed like he was wanting to hold part of her face in his hand when he was helping her with the helmet.

Second and lastly, maybe the reason Shin's mother doesn't like Hiromi is because her husband had an affair with Hiromi's mother?

Both of these are just speculation, I'm probably wrong. But that's what my mind was thinking while watching this episode.

I saw the face touch as well. My theory is that he's been looking out for her for so long after grandma died that he developed a bit of a complex.

As far as Ai goes, she still might be crushing on Shin but she is warming up to Miyo. She blushed way too much for her not to like Miyo at all. I think she will learn not to like Shin and get blindsided by her growing affections.

I loved how Hiromi actually had a nice moment with Shin laughing. That was so unexpected. She might be caught up in a lie but I think she can get to know Shin better and relax more this way. Perhaps through those means they can bond.

Speaking of Hiromi, I suspected that some kind of affair might have happened as well or that one of her parents was really close to Shin's dad. I think the mom is either jealous or is over protective of her son.

Noe had some good character development. She wasn't annoying in today's episode. She's a good girl, albeit cooky.

i think the brother may have been reminded of their mother when he touched Noe's face.

i dont think Ai is really warming up to the guy friend. more like pity or just plain sadness because she saw shin (who she actually likes) hanging out with noe

im not sure why the mother does not like hiromi, but it could be because she reminds her of hiromi's mother (who she may be missing alot due to the death).

idk, but DAM this is a good series!!
Nov 3, 2010 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
ooh in addtion, i think Ai is the best fit for shin. but maybe thats my own personal preference.. lol

noe is not as mature
hiromi is just too much in denial, irratic, and has some baggage issues with the family

ai is the most level headed IMO
Nov 6, 2010 12:33 PM

Jul 2010
Ugh, I hate the way Shinishiro's mom treats Hiromi. Jun's totally a sis-con. And yes, I still think Ai is the best for for him. Noe's face while eating the chicken food was also great. =3
OnyxthegreatNov 6, 2010 12:40 PM

May 1, 2011 12:14 AM

Dec 2010
Loving this anime. At the beginning of this episode, I thought Shin was going to be with Noe. By the end, I had changed it to Hiromi.
May 25, 2011 11:32 PM

May 2008
rooting for Noe still! so much moe through this series. She may displace one of my top 8 favorites.
Jul 27, 2011 1:27 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I actually find Noe quite annoying. She's very childish, and I don't think her brother helps things
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 1, 2011 10:44 PM

Oct 2009
Hiromi~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2011 9:05 PM

Nov 2011
I can't wait for the next episode! It seems to keep getting better and better! It's been a while since I have been so motivated to watch anime!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Jan 2, 2012 10:00 AM

Sep 2010
Great episode.
Because of the preview of the next episode, I'm now waiting it anxiously, because when she said busybody guy is like a fool.
Feb 13, 2013 3:24 PM

Sep 2011
Great...Noe's brother has a thing for her... More and more competition and love-triangles are showing up each episode >_>

Noe is as cute as ever. Her face when she ate the berries was priceless :D The eye-cleansing thing was funny as well :)
Shin yelling at the crows was also priceless :D

So we finally got to know how Noe lost her tears :/

I'm starting to get really annoyed by Shin's mother. I mean even if we don't know the real reason yet, I can see why she would hate Hiromi, but it's still pretty annoying.
Apr 1, 2013 1:48 AM

Sep 2012
I am loving this show!

These characters feel so natural! I laugh when they laugh, and I can really empathize with Shin. I loved the crow scene.

I can't figure Ai out though... Does she like Shin and is leading his friend on? Like, aren't they going out? I smell drama~

I hope it doesn't go into incest though :/
Apr 3, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2013
Really interesting show with some really beautiful imagery. I highly dislike the mother.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
Apr 10, 2013 2:22 PM

May 2012
Noe's brother got a sister complex? Or what was that gesture with the helmet? Also I'm pretty sure Hiromi actually lied about loving Noe's brother... either way nice development really love it so far!
Apr 20, 2014 7:46 PM

Jan 2013
I swear to god if the MC picks Noe or Ai, I'm going to kill a bitch.
Jun 27, 2014 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
If Ai gets thrown into the MC bowl, this is gonna get crazy. There's already tension building up between her and Nobuse.

Also, I hope we don't get wincest again. It doesn't feel right this time.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Feb 25, 2015 3:45 PM
Apr 2014
Yep I'm late on this series, bear with me :P

This is the best episode so far in terms of pacing and interesting dialogues. We're finally seeing something more about the plot, like Noe's reason for not crying and a glimpse at Hiromi's situation.
Up until now Noe steals the show. She's always blunt and straightforward without resulting annoying. Hiromi is just playing the drama queen, while Ai... well she might be the worst character so far; people like her because she's "cute" and all, but seem to easily forget that she's shamelessly trying to cheat on her boyfriend at every given time, without even showing a glimpse of guilt.
Jun seems an interesting character, it must run in the family XD but I guess we're gonna deal with a little sister complex here...

Well, so far so good
Jul 28, 2015 7:15 AM
Jun 2014
gioss said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awesome episode. I really love Noe!! But why do I have this very strong feeling that the main guy's gonna end up with Hiromi? No, I'm still rooting with Noe. Anyway, awesome episode!!
I also think he's gonna end up with her, but I hope not. These are my ships: NoexShinichiro/Jun.

Aug 23, 2015 6:51 PM

Jan 2011
I think the best way to describe the relationship between the characters is with "it's complicated".

So far, Noe is the easiest, as she isn't really romantically interested in anyone, though i guess that will change if she continues to spend time with Shinichiro, especially if she sees him with one of the other girls in relevant situations (going shopping, holding hands, sitting at the parapet looking at the sea etc.).

With Hiromi, it all depends on what her situation really is. Does she really love Noe's brother? What happend between her/her parents (mother?) and Shinichiro's mother? If she and Shinichiro are related, nothing will happen. Otherwise she could talk with Shinichiro. Seeing how Noe isn't romantically interested, they could end up together rather fast. Of course it won't happen fast..

Aiko..well, she's only going out wth Miyokichi because he is the closest she got to Shinichiro. Apparently he got the two together? Basically, she has to decide to either give up on Shinichiro, which would immediatley resolve the situation as Miyokichi is only interested in her, or she should tell Shinichiro. He isn't interested in her so far, but that may change when he has to actually think about it, and if he turns her down it's not really resolved, either, unless she can *then* be serious with Miyokichi.

I would love for Shinichiro to end up with Aiko. She's neither *THE* childhood friend (thats Hiromi's role, despite Aiko knowing him just as long or maybe longer), nor the "mysterious stranger" (usually with superpowers and what not), so it would be really something different and unexpected. Aiko is also the only one woh is clearly interested in Shinichiro, and apparently trying to get his attention since a while (before the start of the anime).
Sep 10, 2015 4:05 AM
Oct 2013
Is it just me or is the brother a sis-con. I hope not lol.
Ai-chan actions are really confusing me too... I hope everything goes well for her...
Jun 6, 2016 4:48 AM

Feb 2014
Just when I thought I'd get to see a normal brother-sister relationship in an anime for a change, they go ahead and turn the brother into a creepy siscon. It looked like he wanted to caress Noe's cheek/neck when he was making her wear the helmet. I like my wincest animu, but there's a time and place for everything, and this story certainly ain't one of them.

Aside from that, I really liked the scene between Ai and Nobuse. Even though she has feelings for Shinichiro, she has been slowly warming up to Nobuse over the course of these last few of episodes. At this point, I'm fine with Shinichiro ending up with any of the 3 girls (which is quite rare for me), but I do hope these two (Ai and Nobuse) actually become a couple by the end of the show.
Dec 29, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2013
I agree with Vhailor, something weird was going on with that small interaction Noe's brother had.

So cute seeing Miyokichi getting so happy when Ai held his hand :D
Sep 22, 2017 11:45 PM
Aug 2012
damn! It's getting interesting now, guess this #4 guy has some secret towards his little sister and that's how he deals with the problem?) -so what will happen next?
Mar 12, 2018 2:45 PM
Nov 2017
another dense mc...yay japan
Oct 15, 2018 3:54 PM

Nov 2016
The relationship situation here is quite intriguing and better treated than in most similar shows 👍

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 27, 2019 4:31 PM
Apr 2016
Yooooooo I thought Noe's brother had a thing on her because of that one scene... That ending yoooooooooooo... Well, so far seems like a super lovey triangle+++
Apr 5, 2021 9:05 PM
Dec 2020
Hiromi so cute😂. That cliffhanger tho
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » True Tears Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kurotsuki - Mar 29, 2008

494 by blinddig »»
Mar 7, 8:03 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 20, 2008

94 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 12, 2008

83 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:50 PM

Poll: » True Tears Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 5, 2008

95 by miruhii »»
Aug 10, 2023 5:08 PM

» True Tears Quotes

ClannadForever - Jun 9, 2009

6 by Syureria »»
Dec 11, 2022 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.