Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Jun 11, 2014 10:49 PM

Jun 2014
Decent start off. Not much to say.
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 11, 2014 11:03 PM
Dec 2012
Another transition episode, NGNL-style, including 1 bath (bonding type).

Well there is not much to say what was not said already except some thought-food for all you:

1. The Eastern Federation is obviously at least advanced as our own civilization.
2. The EF Embassy is a freaking skyscraper.
3. Only Shiro and Sora said that the place was Tokyo.

A. Given 1 & 2 it is normal to expect the Easter Federation to be filled with large cities similar to ours.
Given A. & 3. that means that the virtual city is probably (insert obvious word here) Tokyo.

Oh yeah what is more important in a FPS? Reading your opponents motives or calm analytical behavior? This is a small question+hint for the game!
Jun 11, 2014 11:05 PM

May 2014
Hmmm when Shiro picked his nose and touched Shiro's head....
Ha they are in Tokyo
Kinda boring but the elf finally talked so I guess it's ok.
Jun 11, 2014 11:15 PM

Jun 2013
Wow this was one of if not the greatest of the episodes so far.

Elf boob magic xD
Jun 11, 2014 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
Another episode with useless fanservice and a tentacle+ bath parody, ughhhh. I really want to like this show but maybe my problem is I'm a 24 year old male with a sex life so the ecchi genre really turns me away when it comes to my overall enjoyment of a series. I know it says it's rated R+ but you can tell the target audience is below that. Other than that it was another decent episode, hoping this next game can finally provide a real challenge to Blank and finish this first season on a strong note.
Jun 11, 2014 11:25 PM
Oct 2010
So they can't handle the crowds in tokyo but can handle the ones in the game world?
Jun 11, 2014 11:35 PM

May 2010
I am starting to really like Kurami. I like how she teases Sora. She deserves some popularity...

Fab animation is fab.

They are in Tokyo!

Solid episode. 9.5/10
Jun 12, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2012
Fii is so kind and caring i like her! her nice side disappeared with Jibril though, ww. Shiro and Sora looked so dead in Tokyo, lil' NEETS.

let the game begin!
Jun 12, 2014 1:48 AM
Mar 2012
[spoiler]

Next episode preview shows Ino in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him playing in the novels.
Jun 12, 2014 1:49 AM

May 2013
Lmao Fi and Jibril.

This episode is just the calm before the storm.Well, Sora and Shiro are doomed.
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 12, 2014 2:01 AM

Jun 2008
alexpte said:
[spoiler]

Next episode preview shows Ino in the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember him playing in the novels.

Jun 12, 2014 2:16 AM
Feb 2014
skudoops said:
So they can't handle the crowds in tokyo but can handle the ones in the game world?

Ah well that is the important question. From what we know up till now is that Shiro and Sora fear big crowds of people but can overcome this fear by being together and well they stand next to each other ;-)

So why are they trembling in fear?

The only answer is, because this is Tokyo, their hometown :-D

Also for the people saying the the EF has exploited their weakness: how did they even know about that?

They can't read minds, nor have Sora or Shiro at any point shown in public where their weaknesses are.
Jun 12, 2014 2:26 AM

Mar 2013
Great ep
I'm expecting another epic win from [Blank] again :)
Jun 12, 2014 2:33 AM
Jan 2014
The stickmen drawing in the Intro was amazing.
10/10 would buy all.
|My current achievements /// What the olden times taught me|

Best Anime Opening, all arguments invalid.
Second Best OP down here

Jun 12, 2014 2:59 AM

Jul 2013
The game is set in tokyo... their worst nightmare sooo... how are they going to win now? They will, but now I'm interested what ridiculous reasoning it's going to have now :P
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Jun 12, 2014 3:10 AM

Apr 2013
It was okay I guess, doesn't do much for me
Jun 12, 2014 4:16 AM
Apr 2014
Why do I think that Steph will greatly contribute to their win or outright win it at the end? :o
I mean there must be a reason for whatever Sora did to her while soundproofed?
Jun 12, 2014 4:45 AM
Apr 2013
I hounder how will Blank deal with the situation. That part is the one I look forward to the most.
Jun 12, 2014 5:38 AM

Nov 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GreenDrag said:

Yeah... I blame MAL's failure to recognize hiragana from google translate, despite being a site, that deals with Japanese media mostly...

And yeah, I'm a ninja. I erase my tracks by the time anyone sees them.

Also, do you think Takuan went back to rewatch the episode to find the one clue he's missing?

Katakana is easy since it deals with foreign words, I can do that one just fine without any sort of translation thanks to a lot of time spent playing Japanese video games and just picking it all up. Hiragana is a lot more tricky since it requires you to actually know the Japanese words themselves.

Anyway I don't know, this episode just kind of felt like your typical fanservice episode yet somehow was probably one of the more decent episodes in the series. People complained about the rather pointless stereotypical bathing/breast commentary scene in last weeks Mahouka but this one drags on even longer and it makes it look like the next game will indeed be the last with only two remaining episodes. Hopefully since it's the last one they can at least try to make it somewhat exciting like the game in the 6th episode and don't just totally fuck up some logic rule.

First the bad, mostly the usual. I continue to find it funny how Shiro is literally the flat out worst female character in this entire show. She practically might as well not even be there but for the fact that Sora acknowledges her as some sort of counterpart that makes up for his shortcomings and vice versa. I mean she barely talks or contributes to anything really aside from last episode. Realistically though every character in general is on a whole more enjoyable to watch than the main pair. Blank really bring this show down character wise since pretty much all they contribute most of the time are dumb otaku references while the other characters actually talk about back story stuff and interact relatively normally with the rest of the cast when they don't have to utter lines about how amazing Blank is. It's like watching a really bad Penn & Teller setup where Sora is the big loud asshole like Penn and Shiro is Teller and is just sort of there as a prop. I also continue to find him just totally miscast. Like I can't take that desperately cool guy voice acting seriously with the complete moron that is Sora, it just doesn't work and comes off as try hard. Not really the seiyuu's fault, just has crap dialogue to try to work with for the most part to try to make sound cool and edgy.

Some positives, the character interaction for this episode by the standards of NGNL was decent and not just all people being condescending twats to each other. I continue to find that the less screen time and dialogue Sora gets the better this show does on that front though and most of this episode dealt with Kurami and her Elf friend. Also seeing him immediately revert to being a helpless NEET in the midst of a panic attack when they set the game in Tokyo was actually kind of funny and a rare gag that got a laugh out of me. Maybe it's because I love seeing the tool squirm a bit, but yeah there you go. Also the fact that he pointed out something that had occurred to me in setting terms for the Warbeasts not to cheat by setting up an impossible game and then erasing his memories of it being an impossible game in order to preserve there edge was important. Also he set up the elf chick to scan the area for cheats, though hard to say whether that will be a major factor or not. Still it shows that this show is paying at least some attention to obvious detail again after the disaster that was last weeks logic and reasoning.

On a whole, by NGNL standards a decent episode for the first time in probably a month. If this show can finish strong I might be able to at least call it mediocre and mildly entertaining again.

Sora's character is known as a facade and i am sure there is backstory to support it. The whole point of blank is to see 2 characters as one character. The idea about Shiro is that she is still developing and learning to accept others besides Sora. This might be further explored in a potential second season or what not i have no idea, but i strongly suggest you give it time, i am already glad that they didnt throw off her as being 1 dimensional as shown by the last episode (Cough*Tatsuya/Kirito)
Anime gave me more life lessons than school
Jun 12, 2014 5:46 AM
Jan 2013
Ok, I hope that's another one of Sora's tactic to deceive them game hosts.
Jun 12, 2014 6:53 AM

Jun 2012
Welp, Imanity is doomed.
Jun 12, 2014 7:13 AM

Oct 2012
*takes Shiro and Sora outside*

And that's how you destroy NEETs. Well played Eastern Federations, well played.
Jun 12, 2014 7:23 AM

Feb 2014
Mauroki said:

Well, at least they didn't get separated. Yet... :P

悲しい… 悲しいわ…
今日のこと、「お月さま」にも教えてあげないと。
あなたも… 私 “たち” の中に… 取り込んであげる。
Jun 12, 2014 7:28 AM

Jun 2012
Mauroki said:

hahahah xD

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jun 12, 2014 7:32 AM

Jun 2013
I wasn't expecting that end. Who would've guessed that they'll be back in Tokyo.

Imo, they should show more of Jibril's brutal past xD
Jun 12, 2014 8:09 AM
May 2013
envysion said:
Was that Professor Layton riding the horse carriage? Well he does like playing trivial games...

Thanks! I couldn't believe that nobody in the first 7 pages had noticed that.
Jun 12, 2014 8:19 AM

Jul 2012
the ending was beyond epicness rofl
Jun 12, 2014 9:21 AM

Sep 2013
All that puffed chest and talk of unbeatable seems to be for naught unless Jibril and Stephanie figure out the game.
Jun 12, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2013
Blank's reaction after discovering that the game is set in Tokyo was priceless <3
"Me ni wa me wo, ha ni wa ha wo, aku ni wa aku wo."
Jun 12, 2014 10:14 AM
Jan 2013
Looks like the King's notes WERE A PIECE A FUCKING SHIT, Sora n Shiro don't even know what happens what happens when they enter the fucking game....
X.X WHY KING WHY
unless someone has some ln spoilers explaining this....
Jun 12, 2014 10:19 AM
Jul 2018
Looking forward to next weeks episode :)
Jun 12, 2014 10:23 AM

Nov 2013
kitkatxz said:
Looks like the King's notes WERE A PIECE A FUCKING SHIT, Sora n Shiro don't even know what happens what happens when they enter the fucking game....
X.X WHY KING WHY
unless someone has some ln spoilers explaining this....

Well keep in mind that the kings notes were somehow old...

Also there were spoilers telling the rules of the game and (in another spoiler tag) some of things that happen during the game on this post.
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 12, 2014 10:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
lmao DAT PLOT TWIST at the end xd

conclusion should be fun
Jun 12, 2014 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
Poor Shiro and Sora xD

Gotta love Jibril's face when they enter Tokyo tho :333
Jun 12, 2014 2:17 PM
May 2014
INTRODUCTIONS! XD

%$#& YOU RELAXOVISION!

This game does look interesting.
Jun 12, 2014 2:49 PM

Jun 2010
Episode was kind of slow but still good, totally enjoyed Sora losing his composure against Kurami's teasing.

totally don't get why they spazz out at Akihabara but can survive passing through an angry mob.

from the preview it seems we'll be playing the fuzzy version of call of duty.
why are Wednesdays so far away. (ToT)
<--- Who Your Waifus Look Up To --->
Jun 12, 2014 3:34 PM

Dec 2013
Ho-lee Shit....

I knew it! I knew that after that epic speech about planning for the Warbeast game Sora was gonna spew out something lame like "Self Introduction". The predictability didn't make it any less funny though, and those stick figure reaction was funny stuff. Sora introducing Kurami was fun. Though I never pegged Kurami for being 18.

Never pegged Fil for being such a passive Sadist, nor Jibril for being such an arrogant yet hard M.
Too much fun in that conversation alone.
- Judge, the Defendant Jibril: Guilty! (plus epic pose XD)
- Lick my feet (Fil to Jibril)
- It's your own fault for being fooled (Sora to Steph)

The 30 minute long lecture by Jibril on the pros of bathing together, completely overwhelmed Kurami's initial refusal, but the nail in the coffin was Fil's admittance that she didn't want to get in because her proportions weren't up to spec. Then that funny tentacle shampoo play, muahahaha!

All the elaborate planning it seems will play a part in winning this game. I can only speculate on things I've seen though.

Let me see.... first, Sora took the right to alter Fil's memory. What does this have to do with this game? At first I thought it would have something to do with putting her in the spectator's area to make it seem like she's spying on the Warbeasts for any signs of cheating, but in that case, why the need to alter her memories? I 'm guessing that the right to alter her memories will have something to do with events later in the story, but would it have any impact in this particular game? I'm still trying to figure this one out, but the only thing I can see thus far is that her presence will make that gramps at least a bit weary of cheating too obviously, if at all.

Next he requested that Jibril and Steph join him in-game. Considering that Blank are actually good at video games, but that neither Jibril nor Steph know anything about video games, it seemed initially like a move to throw two human shields out there to protect Sora and Shiro from whatever Izuna can throw at them. Now you can never underestimate the power that Jibril and Steph possess, but had it been some hand-held console game, then both would have been in serious trouble since it would have been a really new game to them. Since the game is a full virtual dive though, and apparently Imanity had that knowledge beforehand (from the former king's diary, I'm guessing), then they would have already known what sort of a game they would be getting into? I'm guessing Jibril's role as a destroyer will be used to the fullest since this is a shoot-em-up.

As for Steph's role in the game... well... the last oh so secret request by Sora to Steph I'm guessing it was something really silly, a feint of sorts, to fend off the Shrine Miku's meddling. That look of absolute terror on Steph's face before being sucked into the game really does say it all for me. Steph is horrible as a poker player, and that silly face just made it all the more obvious that whatever Sora told her, it was obviously a load of bull that made her lose confidence in him all over again. In this case, I'm pretty sure Steph really IS a meat shield for Sora and Shiro for this game (to be sacrificed at their discretion). XD

All that elaborate planning and they fall at the first hurdle with Tokyo showing up as the game map! When they arrived, the first thing that popped up in my mind was "Akiba'S trip2?". I'm wondering how exactly Blank could have negelcted the game map despite all their planning (that reaction was definitely not fake). I don't think the map was random though. My guess would be that the game scanned their brains for their greatest fear and set up the map accordingly (thus the reason why Tokyo was shown, despite Disk Board not having any knowledge of Japan)

Oh yeah, and Sora did mention on several occasions that this game was suppose to be Shiro's area of expertise, so I'm guessing it'll be like tactical chess of sorts, will little psychological manipulation stuff since she's pretty bad at that.

That preview though... why in the world was the gramps in the game anyway? I thought Izuna was the one playing? That part didn't really make sense.

Oh well... another long wait for the next episode... damn next Wednesday can't come soon enough!
L-RyoshiJun 12, 2014 4:02 PM
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 12, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2014
Pikatostes said:
envysion said:
Was that Professor Layton riding the horse carriage? Well he does like playing trivial games...

Thanks! I couldn't believe that nobody in the first 7 pages had noticed that.

It was mentioned in the references section of another forum :P

It was a fun ending.

The episode was mostly fan-service, but I'm sure that's to appease that portion of the audience. Nothing wrong with it as long as it keeps a decent show continuing to run. After all, the paying audience is the most important audience :P
A great protagonist once said, "It's only overpowered if you can't return the favor!"

Jun 12, 2014 5:25 PM
Oct 2012
richard360 said:
totally don't get why they spazz out at Akihabara but can survive passing through an angry mob.

I think it goes back to why Sora and Shiro hated the real world as said in episode 1. In the real world there are no "rules or goals" to guide one's life by as there are in discboard, so both know what they have to do and know they can do it. In the "real" world there are no guides and that is what scares them; whereas in Discboard they know that people HAVE to play games and they have supreme confidence in being able to win regardless.

Oh, just realize, it isn't Akihabara but the Warbeast's version of it. Whether this was deliberate or coincidence remains to be seen, but all the characters in the posters had animal ears. Hope this similarity gets explained sometime.
Jun 12, 2014 5:25 PM
Oct 2011
that last sentence in the preview of next epi, was a reference of a anime?
Jun 12, 2014 5:54 PM

Nov 2007
Away team in Home ground. ROFL!

Steph was already too much for me to take. And they have thrown Clammy in the mix of blushes! <3
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 12, 2014 7:04 PM

Nov 2010
As the one who read the LNs, I'm perfectly satisfied with today's episode, as it perfectly managed to deliver everything from the LN and even enhance it (stick figure scene, for example). I needed it after this week's Black Bullet...

Only complaint I have is that they cut off explanation for what exactly happened on the 20th... well, understandable, as they simply have no time to properly cover it. Still, anime-only viewers might find it confusing.

Damnit, if the ep8 cliffhanger didn't force me to read the novels, this cliffhanger would :D

Hmm... should I join GreenDrag and DarkMoonWolf in hint giving...
astroprogs said:
If HF ended up being a single movie, what would it need to do so it can get a high score from all of you?

Not air.
Jun 12, 2014 8:00 PM

Feb 2013
Pretty good setup, looking forward to the game and how they deal with it.
Part of Refrain Subs for Little Busters!: Refrain
Recently Played/Read VNS (Most Recent to Oldest):
- Da Capo
- Grisaia no Kajitsu
- ef - a fairy tale of the two
- G-senjou no Maou
- Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo & Sharin no Kuni, Yuukyuu no Shounenshoujo (Fan Disk)
- Rewrite
- Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
- Clannad
- Little Busters EX!
Jun 12, 2014 11:26 PM

Apr 2010
Warbeast technology is something else, huh?
Can't wait to see their faces as they gaze at the sights of the largest city on Earth for the first time.

Jun 12, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2013
lol they're all omg yeah we're so good we got this TOKYO
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 13, 2014 12:40 AM

Jan 2013
Great set up.
It's going to be hard to top the game against Jibril
Jun 13, 2014 3:16 AM

Jan 2014
Great episode!
I wonder was Steph was told by Sora... It can't be easy to be that foolish girl :3
There was a moment where i thought we wouldn't get into the arena before the episode ended, but i'm glad we did. Only two episodes left D: i hope they'll use both episodes on a nice end of season battle.
Jun 13, 2014 4:01 AM

Jan 2013
As always amazing :D
Poor Jibril,she had to lick the foot of Feel and ask for apologize ahahah omg
Nice way to be even more friends,take 5 girls to bath and tell them to take the bath naked while you take pictures of their bodies with your phone ahaha xD Genious!
Chlammy is now so cute :3 she got some little cute breasts ^^ Loved that moment when she asked Feel to enlarge her breasts with magic ahah :D Feel is very nice,she is agains slavery and want to end ti :) Nice girl.
Whaaat?Their game is in Tokyo ahahahha Shiro & Sora face made the game ahaha no chance,we are sorry we lost ahhah lol
I wonder what is the plan of Warbeast to win this game,i mean how are they planning to cheat and to win,that old man had some plans on his head but it seems that Izuza is afraid of something hmmm.
Can't wait for the next episode!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 13, 2014 10:11 AM

Apr 2013
"Puff" and their confidence vanished.
Jun 13, 2014 2:47 PM

Aug 2013
Welp. Looks like the next few episodes should be verrrrrrrryyy interesting. I really do want to know what Sora told Steph.

Steph is probably my favorite supporting character in this show. She's hilarious.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Yesterday, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1020 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 5:11 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

» Your wishes for this april fool

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 31

16 by sloth848 »»
Apr 19, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.