Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 11, 2014 5:02 AM

Mar 2014
It's about

Okay, so I know that, yeah, it's fiction and all so I am perfectly happy to accept it as I can suspend my disbelief at astonishing levels. But anyway...
So, after reading the light novels, if the anime ever got to the point of introducing Ophis and her Arc, the thing that aggrivates me (after re-activating my disbelief), is that her (technically "it") power level is infinite. However, Samael managed to halve her power level it was Twice the level of the original heavenly dragons...
Basically, it's given infinite a value.

I suppose it was meant to say that Ophis power was just immense, so they only claimed it to be "infinite", while in reality, it was simply to much to comprehend?

//And so, I just wanted someone to tell me off for having a conceited view or something. -- Is conceited the right word for this? Meh, it'll do.
rikuJun 11, 2014 5:18 AM
"I am the Bone of my Sword
Steel is my Body and Fire is my Blood
I have created over a Thousand Blades
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Withstood Pain to create Weapons, Waiting for one’s Arrival
I have no Regrets. This is the only Path
My whole life was Unlimited Blade Works"
Jun 11, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2013
I think you need to look up the meaning of infinite, one meaning the one most people think of is infinite means something is limitless another meaning is something is so large it can't be counted or measured.

Jun 11, 2014 6:38 AM

Mar 2014
So how was it halved To the point where it was measurable?
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 11, 2014 6:46 AM

Mar 2012
What's the point of putting Ophis on spoiler if you are clearly talking about it?

Anyway Ophis is called infinite and Great Red is called dream. I think that's because how big it is not that it is doesn't have any limit.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jun 11, 2014 7:08 AM

Dec 2013
Ophis "represents" infinite. Infinite here is something that you can say representation of something so powerful. Ophis is TOO powerful and her power led people to believe she is "limitless" . So i think "The Infinite" in Ophis has no mathematical value and it's more like a symbol of her power.
Jun 11, 2014 4:36 PM

Aug 2013
Yup, I used to be confused about this as well.

Ophis' power level isn't literally infinite, it's just so immense that it's called infinite. Samael drained her power to a level where it could be measured (twice the power of the Two Heavenly Dragons in their prime).
Jun 12, 2014 1:06 AM

Mar 2014
So basically, it was just people being to lazy to measure it? (Or to ask. Ophis managed to estimate it when she was weakened, so it's safe to assume she knew her power level when she was "infinite", right?)
That makes sense.

// Just felt like putting Ophis in a spoiler, for no apparent reason.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 13, 2014 2:06 AM

Dec 2013
xanic said:
So basically, it was just people being to lazy to measure it? (Or to ask. Ophis managed to estimate it when she was weakened, so it's safe to assume she knew her power level when she was "infinite", right?)
That makes sense.

Well, it's not because they are lazy to measure Ophis's power but it's just Ophis is too strong to the point where it's really pointless to measure her power.Two heavenly Dragons are so powerful and able to defeat any Gods in any mythology but those two dragons are nothing compared to Ophis. Now, do you think Ophis's power can be "measured" normally ??
Jun 13, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2013
You'd probably have to measure it in terms of x times this God's power, and since that in itself is an extraordinarily huge number it's pointless to even try and measure it. Hence, "infinite".
Jun 13, 2014 9:55 AM

Mar 2014
Royalknightftw said:
xanic said:
That makes sense.

Well, it's not because they are lazy to measure Ophis's power but it's just Ophis is too strong to the point where it's really pointless to measure her power.Two heavenly Dragons are so powerful and able to defeat any Gods in any mythology but those two dragons are nothing compared to Ophis. Now, do you think Ophis's power can be "measured" normally ??
Royalknightftw said:
xanic said:
That makes sense.

Yep, because it's half of what it is usually.
Ophis' power is 4 times to heavenly dragons usually :P
Not infinite, just an excessive amount of power. Thus, they got lazy and went "infinite". I'm no longer so annoyed by this though.
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.
Jun 13, 2014 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
Yes it's probably normal in Ophis's perspective but it's clearly not for the others
Sounds harsh to call them who thought Ophis is "Infinite" lazy, it's just because they are incapable to comprehend Ophis's power thus calling her "Infinite"
Well, it seems you are not annoyed anymore about this matter, but if you still are not satisfied then i recommend you to try to discuss it in DxD wikia :)
Jun 14, 2014 6:06 AM

Mar 2014
I'm harsh. I don't deny it. :|
Unaware of Loss,
Nor aware of Gain.

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2013

124 by removed-user »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

sirgoodguy - Jul 7, 2013

251 by The_proxD138 »»
Jan 1, 3:54 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2013

144 by demxnys »»
Dec 16, 2023 9:14 PM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2013

164 by kitsune0 »»
Sep 21, 2023 2:07 AM

Poll: » High School DxD New Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2013

295 by Archean-Return »»
Sep 20, 2023 12:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.