Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 11, 2014 9:45 PM
Nov 2012
Aggron said:
Wait why would she have the Queen? Sure she has the power to petrify, but other than that :/

That monster story was actually about a Medusa.

I dunno if this is a spoiler but yeah, it actually makes sense.

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tags; please hide plot details.
ZelotJun 11, 2014 10:06 PM
Jun 12, 2014 12:23 AM

Jun 2013
AnaCarolina said:
I, too, have begun feeling they will never make it a very good manga adaptation (because it's been nine episodes and I'm still confused); but yeah... I'll read it afterwards. After all, I'm guessing the anime's proving itself nicer for people who haven't read the manga...

Just to correct, the anime is not a manga adaptation. Nor is it a light novel adaptation or an adaptation of the songs. It's another extension of the Kagerou Project series.

The anime has a different but similar storyline to the other medias.
Jun 12, 2014 9:31 PM
Nov 2012
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:
AnaCarolina said:
I, too, have begun feeling they will never make it a very good manga adaptation (because it's been nine episodes and I'm still confused); but yeah... I'll read it afterwards. After all, I'm guessing the anime's proving itself nicer for people who haven't read the manga...

Just to correct, the anime is not a manga adaptation. Nor is it a light novel adaptation or an adaptation of the songs. It's another extension of the Kagerou Project series.

The anime has a different but similar storyline to the other medias.

People should be aware of this. But most of them aren't.
Jun 13, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2008
They've done it. They've defiled the best song, not only with a horrendous decision to animate the OP in the way they did, but as well as the fact that the actual song itself (once again) barely played a part in effectively telling the story that it was meant to tell.

At this point, I'm convinced that SHAFT is fucking this up REALLY badly with horrible decison making, Jin was able to tell the story with the PVs with no issues whatsoever, whereas SHAFT's adaptation is nine episodes in and it barely feels cohesive.

Idk, I'm kind of hoping that Jin is just as unhappy about this BS as much as most of us are, SHAFT could've performed SO much better with adapting this story but instead it's just a mess that quite personally disgraces the name of the Kagerou Project. I'm sorry but I am very disappointed with SHAFT.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Jun 13, 2014 2:17 AM

Jul 2009
GOD I'm FINALLY starting to understand this anime (I didn't want to spoil it by watching Kagerou Days first).

A person could really not want to watch this if they have to get this far in to start understanding! Also, wth with the beginning CG??? Why why why why what the heck hahaha

I don't get what Shaft was doing with this episode, but at least things are starting to heat up and we are getting explanations.

But one question... HOW DOES HE KNOW WHERE HER BODY IS WHAT?????
Jun 13, 2014 7:32 AM

Jun 2014
When the opening animation popped up I knew it wouldn't go unscathed in the discussion board. It was definitely a change of "pace" ....

"We live not to forget our past, but to learn from it!"

―Freya Crescent, Final Fantasy IX.
Jun 13, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2009
This was great, just makes Ayano's death even sadder :(
Things have been finally starting to make sense since ep 8, the story is pretty intriguing :)
Jun 13, 2014 10:33 PM

Jan 2013
Should have been all in CG this episode.
Jun 14, 2014 12:12 AM

May 2014
Dat CG. Good episode, though.

Jun 14, 2014 6:30 PM

Feb 2013
Blown, away!

This anime has turned out to be one of Shinbou's little works art. Amazing storytelling... how the mystery is all coming together so neatly throughout the series.

Normally, bad CG is bad... but wow, it was used as an artistic tool, and I thought it worked well.
Jun 14, 2014 11:29 PM
Jul 2018
F*cking CG animation for the opening. The whole episode is good though.
Jun 16, 2014 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Animation was kinda bad...I liked to see Ayano's past, but the big surprise was to see Ene's body! And why Kano knew her body was there?!
Jun 21, 2014 6:00 AM
Jun 2014
Really good episode outside of the hideous OP. It would've been really good too if they hadn't used CG (like they made an effort to time it with the music and everything). Man I have so much trouble following what's going on in this show. IRL I have trouble remembering names and sometimes faces, and with the plethora of characters and events in this show, it's hard to keep up. I didn't even realize that was Ene's old body in the test tube at the end.
Jun 22, 2014 6:19 PM

Dec 2008
That opening song was so beautiful, yet really sad. I actually cried a little bit.

Good to know that sensei isn't trully an asswipe. I wonder what will happen to him when the snake leaves his body.

Sent with Mal Updater
Hannah_AnaJun 22, 2014 6:29 PM
Jun 23, 2014 12:08 AM

Jan 2014
Despite that horrible OP sequence, this was one of the better episodes of the series.
Jun 25, 2014 6:59 AM

Dec 2013
Wat
3 more to go and I don't know what's going on
Jul 2, 2014 10:20 AM

Dec 2011
Um... yeah... besides the moment where Ayano was cute being grumpy :3 ... the rest was really poor CG...

The song was nice but the CG ruined a big part of it, good thing everything was back to normal after it.

Ohooo, so Kano had a crush on Ayano it seems.

Hm, the story about the monster had a sad ending in the end, not a happy one.

I guess that her mother was swallowed alongside with her father and he came back with powers.

Wow, Haruka and Ene were human sacrifices to summon snakes and so on...

Oh, look, Ene's real body lol.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Jul 2, 2014 12:48 PM

Oct 2009
Gross CG lol
Jul 7, 2014 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
The OP there is... lolz. HAHAHA.
Nevertheless, this episode is awesome. I love how the story makes clearer to me now. I like the symbolism in the story of the snake and the monster.
And woah, another cliffhanger. Ene's original body spotted.
Jul 13, 2014 5:48 PM

Dec 2013
Favourite part

Jul 27, 2014 6:12 PM

Sep 2011
That was a HIDEOUS opening. The CGI was horribly placed... The charactered looked like they had some kind of mental disability or something, and the eyes look hollowed. Look, I know Shaft has been known to produce stills and zooms(I don't have any memories of their characters moving along in a linear fashion) and cut scenes, but resorting to THIS??

Also, Info dump episode... The black and white drawings were BEAUTIFUl, but damn.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 27, 2014 8:31 PM

Sep 2011
Darkhur said:
I didn't like how Ayano and Ayaka looked in the OP, but I didn't hate it. I really don't see why people are hating this episode so much. You might as well give up, as there's obviously no way to satisfy you.

I'm still a little bitter about no Outer Science, but I'm trying not to be as irrational as I was on the previous episode. I love how they tied in Yobanashi Deceive with this episode.

9/10 from me.

Wow... You're way too easy to satisfy. When you have seen enough shows, you'll realize just how mediocre it was..

Then again, you have Index on your favorite list taking up 2 spots, you really haven't seen many Anime have you?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 30, 2014 5:20 AM

Apr 2010
That CGI was terrifying.

Hmm, so Marry is the queen? If the queen is Medusa then it makes sense that she's the queen since her ability is to 'freeze' people. This is starting to make sense finally. I'm still confused about Kano. . . and Konoha. . .
Aug 7, 2014 6:31 AM
May 2012
Barion-Zara said:
Only complaint would be the stupid CG MV. JUST WTF!!!

The ep itself was pretty good.

Ayano is just tooo cute <3 Loved her giggle <3

Kano is totally jelly of Shintaro. He obviously had a crush on Ayano XD Didn't expect he spent a few days disguised as her going to school XD

Nice to know about Tateyama actually having something like a split personality and that it wasn't his real personality that did all those stuff ^^;

Interesting talk between Kano and Ene. AND WTF! How come he knows where her body is?!?!

Also loved the black and white scenes. Really awesome art.

This ^ You are really awesome, dude!!
Bad CG is bad. It was really creepy O_O I like the song, though. It was lovely~
Shintaro should have treated Ayano better. I hate it when the MC just act like shit around the girl they like =_=
I knew that Marry is important!! Kano sure knows a lot of stuff. Will Ene get her body back??
He left the monster girl and their daughter :O
Aug 15, 2014 8:50 PM

Mar 2014
Ayano's Theory of Happiness !!! (favorite song !!! so great !!!)
The Tateyama's contentment and dilemma ... !!!
Ayaka's diary of the little monster .. she devoted herself to her work .. which is to solve the mystery behind the "black snakes , the monster and the heat haze" ... unfortunately , she died with her husband in a landslide .. but the day august 15 , "the day where everything happens" .. the husband got out but ... ayaka was left in .. though , It was a inevitable sacrifice .. ayaka is great mother that will be loved forever in her memories of a true mother and archaeologist .
Ayano learns the utmost truth !! .. investigations were done !! .. her dad .. kenjirou .. got the "eyes" from the heat haze after the tragedy of their conclusion in the research with ayaka but the "snake" got a will of its own .. a bank of stash to for recreation of the world in reality .
Ayano needed the help of kano to start the investigations .. kano chose to do it .
Present , Kano tells the story to ene .. learning the truth about kenjirou's powers .
The Queen resides in marry btw .. She's is the only I can think of and the only possible person.
Cliffhanger !!
Pretty great episode !!!
Wedding with beloved !!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 6, 2014 9:00 PM

Jul 2013
well at least her body's safe (it seems so) and not buried and rotting. Bit by bit they're explaining some stuff that's nice of them
Oct 24, 2014 1:11 PM

May 2012
Oh boy that ending! Really impressive development, let's see what's next!
Nov 27, 2014 5:00 PM

Sep 2014
The CGI was so horrible that it was hilarious
Apr 14, 2015 7:03 AM

Nov 2011
As you suspected this episode is like a bolt from the blue, as it opens a whole world still not esporato and kept well hidden until now.
Immersive storytelling, but the credit goes not only to the history even to very beautiful designs.
It is also revealed the bluff done at the expense of Ene.
Pleasant and intriguing story about the impact that will have in the near future; I can not wait to follow the next episode.

Curious to see how different is the episode changed at the beginning, compared to the original of which was discussed both in this topic.
Jul 7, 2015 12:31 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, infodump episode much? Geezus, they just dropped everything into this episode.

I can't really tell whose side Kano is on. It seems he's definitely loyal to Ayano, but he seems to hate Shintaro.
Sep 29, 2015 1:58 PM

Jul 2014
Geesh, what's up with all those damn source material purists? Glad I didn't already get spoilered by them.
Opening song was nice, but the CGI was very bad. All in all very good episode, really interested where this is going now.
Oct 14, 2015 2:52 AM

Nov 2009
Great episode other than that damn ugly opening, my eyes are burning.
Nov 21, 2015 5:48 PM

Jul 2014
Hmm, despite the ugly-ass CGI opening, this was probably the best episode so far.

Ayano is cute, I guess.

3/5
Nov 29, 2015 7:44 PM

Jun 2014
The head tilt was strong with this one.
The CG OP was cancerous

lol they gave away sensei's arapaima as the shooting game prize.
May 8, 2016 3:36 PM

Apr 2015
OP was really good. So cyber girl gets a body?!
Jun 4, 2016 8:13 PM

Jun 2015
So, I was wondering why everyone was complaining about the intro...

vs

Wow, the bluray really makes a difference huh.
Aug 15, 2016 1:43 PM

Aug 2015

Oh my goodness, they are sooo sweet <3

Whoa, Ayane is such a good big sister...
Nah, that teacher is also one of... these superheroes (I don't abtually know how to name them xD).
I think that Mary is that queen of snakes... She always was too quiet. These the most quiet are the most suspect. As I think xD
Dec 26, 2016 3:35 PM

Sep 2015
Kano seems to be a good guy now but seems he loved Ayano and hated Haruka for being with her. I don't think Mr.Tateyama is really getting controlled by the snake 100% because he may also be evil during the day. That cliffhanger at the end tho, I hope next episode they go straight to that and not launch another diff story which stalls this.
Mar 16, 2017 12:18 PM
Jan 2017
The CG at the start was really creepy, but I liked how the story progressed. It's less confusing now for the anime watchers that didn't read the novel and manga.

4.5/5
Jun 7, 2017 12:19 AM

Jan 2013
Oh my god, that CGI in the beginning. Terrifying
Sep 27, 2017 8:00 AM

Jan 2015
oh my godjbnmnb i just watched the original opening scene. i had no idea why people were complaining bc i obviously saw the BD version but boy is it ugly.
Sep 19, 2020 11:05 PM
Dec 2019
bad cg ngl

the episode was good though
Jan 3, 2021 10:16 AM

May 2020
Well OP should put an original animation to get the real feel. But that's okay. Monster story revealed that the snake is the problem. And Ene's body as a new queen to take order of superpower human in the world. As I expected that sensei has an ability too.
Jul 14, 2021 1:29 PM
Dec 2017
pretty trippy use of cgi i must say.

Jul 21, 2021 8:21 AM

Jan 2017
Great portrayal of Ayano's Theory of Happiness, how I wish we could see more of the past kids do more stuff

We're nearing the crux of the issue with revealed info regarding the Snakes and Medusa, Kano's narration to Ene regarding everything is so pleasant to hear
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.