Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2014 12:10 AM

Mar 2013
SolviteSekai said:
straggy said:

Most talked about? lmao. I think someone somehow missed that Free! and Tokyo Ghoul are on this season. Even if it does reach a "popularity" level of NagiAsu (which didn't strike me as particularly popular in the first place, so much as just people shouting about ship wars and who is "best girl"), that also wasn't the most talked about anime when it aired...

Nagi Asu is a masterpiece.

I never kicked my legs into my bed crying until the last episode of nagi asu.

A masterpiece? No. Watchable? Yes. The character designs were off-putting, which is a problem Glasslip has too, but I didn't think Hanasaku Iroha had (for PA Works perspective). I'm not that keen on the overly huge eyes/anime snout look as it is, but Glasslip and NagiAsu have sorta dull appearances to their characters, whereas Hanasaku Iroha's characters were of varying ages and had really different looks. NagiAsu was also really overdramatic in the worst way a romance/drama can be, which wasn't helped by its equally over the top fanbase. If you like watching a ridiculous love dodecahedron then fair enough, but I don't see why romance and drama tags automatically have to equal love [insert horrifically sided shape here] that just ruin a lot of the potential. Romance shouldn't be about all this rivalry and battling. The only nice love triangle I can think of in an anime is Macross Frontier. NagiAsu had a nice plot despite that though, and it didn't make me drop it, so it wasn't all bad.
Jul 5, 2014 1:07 AM

Aug 2013
@straggy On the contrary, I don't see how a romance-drama anime can function without a love polygon. It seems to me like you hate the existence of love polygons, and therefore hate basically all romance-drama anime as a whole.
Jul 5, 2014 1:19 AM
Mar 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
@straggy On the contrary, I don't see how a romance-drama anime can function without a love polygon. It seems to me like you hate the existence of love polygons, and therefore hate basically all romance-drama anime as a whole.
There are many examples of good romance-drama anime without love polygons. I can think of Hanbun no Tsuki and KareKano for starters.

I can understand your point though. It's true that most romance-drama anime tend to have some sort of love triangle. Nonetheless I get what straggy is saying: It is nice when the drama doesn't always have to revolve around the same concept over and over again without introducing something new.
Jul 5, 2014 4:15 PM

Aug 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Kyuutoryuu said:
There are many examples of good romance-drama anime without love polygons. I can think of Hanbun no Tsuki and KareKano for starters.

I can understand your point though. It's true that most romance-drama anime tend to have some sort of love triangle. Nonetheless I get what straggy is saying: It is nice when the drama doesn't always have to revolve around the same concept over and over again without introducing something new.

I've never heard of those two anime before, a fact that probably explains why I've never encountered a polygon-less romance-drama. I'll probably check those two out soon though; they sound interesting enough to me.

While the concept of love-polygons might be trite and overused, I still think they can be an engaging watch when executed correctly (which I believe Nagi no Asukara did, and Glasslip can possibly do). To each their own though, and I can definitely sympathize with those who feel disgusted with love polygons.
Jul 5, 2014 9:06 PM

Nov 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Nagi Asu is a masterpiece.

Masterpiece? NnA is what is considered a masterpiece now?

When will MAL give me the option of filtering/blocking people like this?
Jul 6, 2014 12:45 AM

Dec 2012
I feel a little ano natsume de matteru just a tiny bit. Which I wouldn't mind at all~ Overall it really just has that "its summer" feel to it.
Jul 6, 2014 5:29 AM

Sep 2013
Judging from the first episode, PV, Op and Ed yeah I think so too. This will probably turn into a love web and end with an open ending.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 6, 2014 12:50 PM

Oct 2012
SolviteSekai said:
Why would you say toradora when this is PA Works?

This is the next Nagi no Asukara, which oddly enough, was better than toradora and ano natsu combined.

Exbo said:
Do you not remember the beautiful mess that was Nagi no Asukara.
I miss it ;3; glasslip doesn't seem the same, but I'm looking forward to it, what story could glass making hold.

You probably didnt like nagi no asukara because it had actual plot and not just romance.

Ok I liked Nagi a lot but I think its going too far to say its better then natsu and toradora. I really liked all 3 and to be completely honest nagi was probably around the middle with toradora at the top and natsu at the bottom
Jul 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Feb 2013
GreenBeans said:
SolviteSekai said:

This is the next Nagi no Asukara, which oddly enough, was better than toradora and ano natsu combined.

You probably didnt like nagi no asukara because it had actual plot and not just romance.

Ok I liked Nagi a lot but I think its going too far to say its better then natsu and toradora. I really liked all 3 and to be completely honest nagi was probably around the middle with toradora at the top and natsu at the bottom

Nah, character interactions, plot and animation in Nagi are above Toradora, which is one of the most overrated romance shows. That aside, Toradora should not even be in the picture here as it has a completely different theme.
Aliis si licet, tibi non licet.
Jul 6, 2014 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
GreenBeans said:

Nagi no Asukara's first cour (episodes 1-13) are certainly better than Toradora for a multitude of reasons. It probably loses out on the second half though.
Jul 7, 2014 3:38 AM

Sep 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Exbo said:
Do you not remember the beautiful mess that was Nagi no Asukara.
I miss it ;3; glasslip doesn't seem the same, but I'm looking forward to it, what story could glass making hold.

Look at my profile, its my favourite and 10/10 LOL.
Aug 9, 2014 3:55 PM
Jun 2009
So how is it compared to past Love Polygons?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can someone explain the end ?

Shomix - Dec 5, 2014

22 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2014

441 by oooo3333 »»
Feb 7, 4:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2014

179 by oooo3333 »»
May 18, 2023 2:25 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2014

211 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 2:52 PM

Poll: » Glasslip Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 31, 2014

153 by oooo3333 »»
May 16, 2023 1:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.