Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 5, 2014 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Alka vs wolves? Eh...

Pretty rough episode for her to live in fear and shit. The fact that she has that tattoo constantly makes her a target like in this episode, sigh. [d]Damn, watching this episode made me feel cold. Anyways, still the same usual stuff except the ending.
Jun 5, 2014 1:18 PM

Jan 2010
NO BREAKS ON THE SUFFERING TRAIN
"My tables-meet it is I set it down
That one may smile, and smile, and be a villain."
Jun 5, 2014 1:26 PM
Jan 2014
What are the chances of Alka stumbling upon one of her victim's parents?
I hope Karen truly realized that revenge really is pointless.
Hana was such a great person, I knew she was too good to remain alive.
That was one step closer to becoming a human, Alka still needs to shoulder a lot of pain.
I hope Ran isn't trying to resurrect Jin Varel, but unfortunately that seems to be the case.
Jun 5, 2014 1:30 PM

Jun 2013
All of Aruka's memories of the people she has killed in the past are clashing against her.
Looks like the two servants of Jin Varel are trying to do some ritual or revival thing to bring Jin Varel back.
Didn't expect that ending with both the couple dying though that was pretty sad.
Jun 5, 2014 3:11 PM

Aug 2008
Douglas24 said:
All of Aruka's memories of the people she has killed in the past are clashing against her.

That realization was hilarious.. it's not like she had amnesia up to that point
Jun 5, 2014 3:39 PM

Apr 2014
Humza_96 said:
With Jin Varel coming back from the dead I wonder how they're going to finish off the anime in 2 episodes.

Or are they gonna leave it on a cliffhanger and expect us to believe a 2nd season is on its way?
Wouldn't there be 3 episodes left?

Anyway, I liked this episode but it could have been better. Alka always managing to get her self into bad situations :c
IZEROII said:
If you legitimately enjoyed this as a series then I honestly believe you need to reevaluate your definition of entertainment because watching tin foil blow in the wind probably is a way you kill time.

SolviteSekai said:
Lol wish fulfillment. It's always been my wish to be a greasy lolicon with a mullet who plays Civ all day every day.

He got me.
Jun 5, 2014 4:40 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Karen says, "Revenge really is pointless..." while relaxing with her husband's remains by her side. XD
Though she later burns everything that's related to him. I wonder if she's coming back to her senses..
How come neither Hazuki and Roana say anything about the smoke? It must've smelled bad too!

Felt a bit bad for the couple since they lost their daughter to Aruka and now can't really avenge her death by attacking her in an injured state.

What a tragic ending that was.. More suffering for Aruka.

Looks like Ran is in process of reviving Jin. Expecting her to come back stronger.

Good episode. That white-haired philosophical guy needs to appear again.

Jun 5, 2014 5:30 PM

Oct 2012
you what's wrong with this episode it was good but the set up was bad in short time about what 3 to 4 episode including this to make her feel guilt i wish they just took there time. what are the chances of meeting the parents of someone you have killed and before she meet the wife of someone she killed i tell you the setup was bad.
and i think everyone here said (get out of there Alka you gonna get them killed) and sure enough
"Happiness is like glass. It may be all around you, yet be invisible. But if you change your angle of viewing a little, then it will reflect light more beautifully than any other object around you."
Jun 5, 2014 5:44 PM

Apr 2012
Well, that was tragic
Jun 5, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
Tragic episode, that husband was an idiot.
My Candies:
Jun 5, 2014 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
The "people-who-befriends-Alka-gets-killed" streak continues.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 5, 2014 7:57 PM
Jul 2018
Aruka vs the wolves was alright.

What a tragic ending...Aruka continuing to suffer more.
Jun 5, 2014 10:25 PM
Feb 2013
Oh, Karen Is really pushing Alka very hard, I wonder why she has to stop midway by burning everything related to her deceased husband.
Jun 6, 2014 12:24 AM

May 2013
Bad luck always surrounds Alka. I mean, people die when she's around. Innocent people.

Yes, Jin Varrel is still alive.
Jun 6, 2014 2:27 AM

Nov 2012
Everyone she develops a liking for just dies right in front of her eyes. :"l
Well, curious to see how the anime wraps up, although there might be something like a cliff hanger to make us want to play the game, that sort of anime ;-;
Jun 6, 2014 6:42 AM
Nov 2013
Oh god. ONE EPISODE. Can't be there a single episode where someone doesn't die, please? I really wanted that woman to live. Getting killed by own husband accidentaly...

Karen still seems to be the most interesting character of this show. Death episode prediction: 13.

To be honest... side characters feel way more natural / real than main ones. That man who wanted to shoot Alka for example was well 'made'. Alka's transformation is rushed and doesn't feel real AT ALL. Actually... 85% of this show doesn't feel 'real' at all.

I thought that Alka would kill herself during last episode. If not then and now... maybe in the last episode? I doubt that but we'll see.

Do we have a list of side characters' voice actors?
Jun 6, 2014 7:20 AM

May 2014
so is alka supposed to be "feeling" now??!! she just looks like some one on meth o.O ...
Jun 6, 2014 9:49 AM

Jan 2009
The first 6 episodes were pretty pointless, i wish the anime started out like this to give it more time. If we had 4 episodes with these characters we would have all been crying that they both died. But not we get half an episode of them and they die.
Jun 6, 2014 12:12 PM

Apr 2013
wow what an episode..

sadly the recent episodes and this one show why 13 episodes is not enough.

this should be around halfway of the series with alka becoming human etc. but now there are only 3 episodes left
Jun 6, 2014 1:11 PM

Oct 2013
and that just happened this anime went from action to psychological in 2 eps
[/quote]
Jun 6, 2014 2:26 PM

Oct 2013
Wow this episode was great,that old fool killed his wife then himself,and now they r going to revive Jin Varrel. Can't wait for the next 1.

Jun 6, 2014 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
A lot of deaths in this Anime, but this episode hit me harder than all the other ones.. :'(
Jun 6, 2014 8:28 PM
Apr 2014
Boombawks said:
That part was actually powerful, his wife was talking to him about revenge and how it is wrong. Karen even said that revenge is not worth it. Yet the husband wanted to avenge for his daughter, he failed to take heed to his wife's advice and plea...and he got what normally happens to people who seek revenge. Alka is getting the full front of suffering from all the things she has done.

I got the point about the whole "revenge is not worth it" a gazillion episodes ago. Where are they going with this really?

I just met you 15 seconds ago, but I love you. We're both lonely waitresses, let's be soul sisters for life. You murdered my daughter -- here's a matching bracelet for the both of us. At this point, I'm watching just to say I finished it. I'm hoping the series ends in season one. They completely butchered the original story for the computer game at this point. Screw Alka and her Clan of the Smores.
chicapeesJun 6, 2014 8:37 PM
Jun 6, 2014 8:31 PM
Apr 2014
Roseanne26 said:
Kvakond said:

That realization was hilarious.. it's not like she had amnesia up to that point

And she killed so many people that anywhere she goes she runs into the victims' families, and yet the montage shows only four or five people we know. I guess she doesn't remember the other million she killed.
Jun 6, 2014 10:09 PM

Nov 2013
Godam, this episode had all of my sympathy.
Jun 7, 2014 1:31 AM

Jan 2011
Fuck...3 more episodes. Just end. Just flipping end.
Jun 7, 2014 1:51 AM

Oct 2010
You know, this anime was good before alka started getting all emo and shit. Now, its just stupid. Its ending up to be just like all the anime from last season, started out great, but ended like shit.
Jun 7, 2014 2:17 AM

Apr 2009
Theirs no escaping it Alka;(. Another episode I liked. Ive honestly enjoyed this show overall.
Jun 7, 2014 3:39 AM

May 2013
Poor Alka, having to bear a burden...
Jun 7, 2014 7:03 AM

Feb 2011
Gotta give an honorable mention to the music of this episode. Taro Iwashiro did a great job.
Jun 7, 2014 12:44 PM

Jul 2013
monokuma-k said:
You know, this anime was good before alka started getting all emo and shit. Now, its just stupid. Its ending up to be just like all the anime from last season, started out great, but ended like shit.

People are really hard to please. Before a lot of people were like "Give Alka some personalities, damn it!!" and now she actually has one there's still someone complaining.

Is it really that hard to see that this anime was always about Alka being more human? I realized this since episode 4 already. Actually reading some of the comments here made me face-palmed, it's like they don't even try to look at the bigger context and don't have enough patience for the story to play out.
Jun 8, 2014 1:35 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

The evolving nature of his subjects, starting with Alka I'm liking, nothing great at the end, but the plot and narrative have become less dull beginning; who expected it.
Drawings and animations just enough! ^ ^
I'm curious to see how the series ends.
Jun 8, 2014 2:15 AM
May 2013
Dear god did the guy that shot his wife get to me.

Seriously, when he shot her, I literally shouted at the screen " ASHOLLE....YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU FREAKING ASH HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE!"

Ok, I didn't actually self censor myelf, and I said exactly what you think I said, I just don't want to lose my MAL account.
---

I'm really into anime, but I don't have many people to talk about it with reguarly. So please, add me on AIM: Superrpgman2003 or Skype:Superrpgman. Or just send me a private message here.
Jun 8, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2008
Is author trying to make me feel sorry for Alka?

I mean, she killed dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people, most of them being guilty of something and well, I don't hate her for that. Even proprietress' husband was probably guilty of stepping on someones heel.
But the person she killed here (in past) was almost a child. I get assassins do what they're hired for, but am I supposed to feel sorry when child murderer gets all emo over his/her past?

I can't do that. Hell, at this point they've shown 2 of her past crimes, one being a guy that tried to run away with a woman he loves and another being young girl living with her parents, killed for God knows what reason.
After all is said and done all I want is to see Alka suffer more. Much more.

Let the bjatch suffer, everyone else did, why would she be an exception.
Jun 8, 2014 7:54 PM

Jan 2012
phoenix down OP
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jun 8, 2014 8:07 PM

Oct 2010
lol ok, this series is now officially hilarious.

It's really trying to come off as dark and edgy by suddenly killing people but it's happened so often now that I'd be shocked if someone didn't die in an episode. Plus they only ever kill redshirts that were introduced that episode, I feel nothing for these people.

I like that they're actually making Alka think about her past actions and the effect they had on people but everyone else are just sacks of meat that we're supposed to feel sorry for and be shocked at when they die.
Jun 8, 2014 9:25 PM

Sep 2013
Never seen Alka so worn out.

Poor couple, but it was expected...

Are they seriously reviving Jin >.>
Jun 8, 2014 10:17 PM

Nov 2013
All of these previous assassinations finally catching up to her eh?
I'm too lazy to make a fancy sig
〜( ̄▽ ̄〜)
Jun 8, 2014 10:24 PM

Nov 2013
I immediately knew as soon as that guy started feeling hatred towards Alka, he was gonna shoot her, miss, and hit his wife by accident. It's like whoever Alka follows, dies. Not to forget the ridiculous amounts of inhaling and exhaling this episode.

Jun 11, 2014 12:18 AM

Mar 2012
datfailshot
Jun 14, 2014 2:46 AM

Jul 2012
What a boring episode........
Wtf is happening here, jin back? ><
Great job, only a few more episodes to go and it seems to be going with plot holes.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
Jun 15, 2014 12:21 AM

Jul 2008
The feels train continues and now we get the revenge from the victims episode.
Jun 20, 2014 5:05 PM

Apr 2012
*father shoots mother*
*father kills self 4 killing mother*
Aruka: "mission complete"

thats wat i thought when i saw that scene
Jun 22, 2014 1:20 PM

Dec 2008
Talk about a strange twist of fate.
I can see why revenge is pointless. Husband attempts to get revenge by taking Alka's life, but ends up killing his own wife instead. Poor Hana...

I'm not to sure about what's going on in Karen's head. I'm don't think Karen's too sure either.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jul 5, 2014 9:45 AM

Jun 2014
wtfwtfwtfnooooowhyyyyyy
Again, this show is entertaining, but so messed up.
Aug 12, 2014 8:39 AM

Oct 2009
Dam that was pretty cruel.
Aug 25, 2014 1:25 AM

Dec 2012
I really cried on this episode TT^TT So much feels TT^TT

- barely alive -
Sep 13, 2014 4:02 AM

Jun 2008
Alka doesn't even have to try to kill people. Just meeting them is enough. They kill themselves. Certainly the most skilled assassin of all time, lol.

nina4life said:
Is author trying to make me feel sorry for Alka?

I mean, she killed dozens upon dozens upon dozens of people, most of them being guilty of something and well, I don't hate her for that. Even proprietress' husband was probably guilty of stepping on someones heel.
But the person she killed here (in past) was almost a child. I get assassins do what they're hired for, but am I supposed to feel sorry when child murderer gets all emo over his/her past?

I can't do that. Hell, at this point they've shown 2 of her past crimes, one being a guy that tried to run away with a woman he loves and another being young girl living with her parents, killed for God knows what reason.
After all is said and done all I want is to see Alka suffer more. Much more.

Let the bjatch suffer, everyone else did, why would she be an exception.

No the big problem here is that it makes no sense for anyone to hire a murderer and a especially i high skilled one like her for killing such a child of such peaceful folks. Seriously who wants such a child dead?It seemed more like a bad excuse so they can make another dramatic episode.
On the other hand i enjoy such episodes and they seem better for this show that the previous action ones.
Nov 29, 2014 6:09 PM

May 2012
Okay episode, good it's only 3 more!
Feb 29, 2016 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
This anime.. just.. why xD Every single person who is nice to her Dies in one way or another.. The Writers of this anime should justgo away
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 26, 2014

96 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 3:35 PM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2014

67 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:46 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2014

49 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 23, 2023 8:02 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2014

72 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:40 AM

Poll: » Blade &amp; Soul Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2014

59 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Dec 20, 2023 6:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.