Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 31, 2014 2:49 PM

Jan 2008
Tatsuya really put that butler in his place, like a boss. That conceited old fart can go eat a dick.
May 31, 2014 2:54 PM

Dec 2011
Nice episode.

Finally, one of the characters that I dislike in Mahouka showed up. Screw you, Aoki.

Glad they basically put everything in the LN for this episode, except for the part about Tatsuya's emotions. I supposed they want to reveal the full extent of it later on, but would be better if they revealed a bit more in this episode.

Really surprised that they fully explained about Mikihiko's magic. I thought they're going to make it short and quick enough, kudos for Madhouse for that.

Kanon, Isori, and Subaru got some lines, finally XD
And maybe it's just me, but Shizuku's voice suddenly becomes bearable! Yay!

The cliffhanger is expected, but like some said, it could be cut better.
May 31, 2014 2:55 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
But i am more annoyed about your riling up

So you want to do it more?

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
It's forbidden from asking other Magician's about their special magic and how they used it unless they themselves say so.

Convenient rule there, almost as convenient as "caste" has been, brought in when they need it and forgotten when they don't.

As for the rule Tatsuya explained it in public to his friends at a family restaurant easily enough.

May 31, 2014 3:15 PM

Jun 2013
Yay! I get to see more of Honoka Mitsui!
May 31, 2014 3:15 PM

Dec 2011
@Takuan_Soho: Jumping into your discussions here, hope you two wouldn't mind.

About the Cast Jamming, the only terrorist who fully knew about his ability is the younger Tsukasa, who presumably told his brother about that. Some of the terrorist members might knew, but the ones who knew were arrested by Juumonji's group, and I doubt they would ask the captured ones about Tatsuya's ability, while there were more pressing matters about their attack.

And about the rule, it is true, although it's more like an unspoken rule. You can ask someone about their magic, but it is really up to them to explain it or not. Most of the times, people would just refused to explain it (and Tatsuya actually did refused to explain his magic couple of times in the LN).
Actually I'm also quite confused why Tatsuya easily explained that magic to Erika, Leo and Mizuki. But if I have to guess, I guess he find them trustworthy enough to not tell it to other people. And it's not like they have any profit from doing that.

And to be honest, I don't understand about what you complained about in the spoiler tag.
May 31, 2014 3:25 PM

Sep 2010
Clearly a filler episode.... So pointless.
May 31, 2014 3:41 PM

Jun 2013
Noooo why the cliffhanger :(

Now I gotta wait a whole week..
May 31, 2014 3:42 PM
Oct 2012
alcrowry said:
And to be honest, I don't understand about what you complained about in the spoiler
tag.

Oh, the usual, the explanation for something the viewers would be puzzled about is something that the novel covered, but the anime adapters felt no need to let the viewers know about.

I don't think the story is that complex to adapt, sure some of the terms need to be explained over time, but the setting isn't that complicated. The animation just hasn't felt the need to even try.

And its not as if they don't have plenty of time to work with, they have no problem giving us the 100th iteration of how everyone (except his family) thinks Tatsuya is awesome and the 1,000th iteration of Miyuki glancing at her oniisama with longing eyes. Most of the readers on this thread were wondering why what seems to be the most important part of the experiment was left out, even non-readers figures that something was missing because otherwise there was really no point to showing the experiment. This series has a lot of pointless scenes to it because they have left the "point" out of the scenes.

I think by now most people know what type of viewer I am, I like shows where I can go back and see things I missed and then go "okay". I don't mind fitting the pieces together like a jigsaw. But this adaption hasn't tried to let the viewer do this. Unless one turns off their brains (which is perfectly reasonable way of watching entertainment, a way I often wish I could do), the pieces in this show just don't fit together. The only way they have is from the LN readers providing the missing pieces. If that has to happen then you have a bad adaption.
May 31, 2014 3:42 PM
Feb 2014
Episode will be calm
The next will seem to be cool :3
May 31, 2014 3:43 PM

Feb 2014
Always like the episodes and now were getting to meet some new people. However Miyuki still annoys me to no end, and I think she's just getting worse.
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 31, 2014 3:51 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Oh, the usual, the explanation for something the viewers would be puzzled about is something that the novel covered, but the anime adapters felt no need to let the viewers know about.

I don't think the story is that complex to adapt, sure some of the terms need to be explained over time, but the setting isn't that complicated. The animation just hasn't felt the need to even try.

And its not as if they don't have plenty of time to work with, they have no problem giving us the 100th iteration of how everyone (except his family) thinks Tatsuya is awesome and the 1,000th iteration of Miyuki glancing at her oniisama with longing eyes. Most of the readers on this thread were wondering why what seems to be the most important part of the experiment was left out, even non-readers figures that something was missing because otherwise there was really no point to showing the experiment. This series has a lot of pointless scenes to it because they have left the "point" out of the scenes.

I think by now most people know what type of viewer I am, I like shows where I can go back and see things I missed and then go "okay". I don't mind fitting the pieces together like a jigsaw. But this adaption hasn't tried to let the viewer do this. Unless one turns off their brains (which is perfectly reasonable way of watching entertainment, a way I often wish I could do), the pieces in this show just don't fit together. The only way they have is from the LN readers providing the missing pieces. If that has to happen then you have a bad adaption.

For once I actually agree with you on something. Yay! It's not like I don't see how difficult it would be to adapt the LN word for word. However, there are certain things that would make it a lot easier to decide which scenes to animate if they had read a little bit ahead. As it is, I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on the animation team actually knows what the story is even about. Even if the novels went on and on about Tatsuya's OPness, couldn't the anime just give enough to show how he's been regarded and then move on to other things? Same with Miyuki's hardcore brocon. I think the problem stems from the fact that they believe they have a lot of episodes to show every single thing from the novels. Despite this, it feels like they're spending too much time on the stuff that's not important and leaving or cutting out the important stuff.
May 31, 2014 3:56 PM

Jul 2013
FenixDragon43 said:
Clearly a filler episode.... So pointless.

Welp, no action = filler. If only people would actually pay attention while watching instead of watching for the sake of watching.

For LN readers complaining about the cut-out of Tatsuya background, Mahouka LN mostly consists of narrations by the author instead of the characters themselves which is the bane of this adaptation. As of this episode, Madhouse seems to rely on the characters talk more instead of the narrations from the author. And that particular explanations about Tatsuya happened to be a part of these narrations, not coming from Tatsuya or any other characters themselves. I'm sure they'll expand on it when Tatsuya reveals it with his own mouth, in his own words, to a certain someone in Vol 5.

May 31, 2014 3:58 PM
Feb 2014
Meh... okay episode? I had hoped it would've been a bit faster... episode felt slower, and I'd hoped they'd finish the crash by this episode...

FLC scene was okay, though the praising exchange was a little unnecessary... could've used that time for other things...

Butler scene was pretty decent, even got a one-liner Tatsuya monologue... am I the only one who thinks that every scene that has had a Tatsuya monologue so far was usually better than the rest??

The ceremony where they give the representatives pins felt unnecessary -_-... or rather, it was so brief, I didnt get the point of including it... no explanation on y Tatsuya was reacting Erika in the audience
only thing it did was introduce Isokei, but did anime watchers even know that was his name????

Likewise, the extra scene with the course 1 yr 1 female team felt unnecessary, but I guess it gives some supportig characters the chance to speak xp...

Mikihiko and Mizuki scene was pretty decent. Was weird how the anime showed Tatsuya suddenly appear in front of Mizuki frm nowhere though... Mikihiko's explanation was one of the few infodumos so far that didnt feel forced, imo

Bus scenes felt meh... I thought the Mayumi flirting scene was not bad,., the Hattori, Suzune n Mayumi scene was a bit weird... and Miyuki with Honoka and Shizuku was... o-kay...

Beginnin of crash was a bit weird... how the hell did that car jump up so high O.O
Agree with most ppl that should've ended it with the car comin towards the buses...

BTW, am I the only one who's been dissatisfied with almost all the action scenes in the series so far??? For normal everday scenes, everyone looks so stiff and walks funny; for action scenes, their always a too short and a lot feel very CGI-ish like the crash... or it could just be me being picky... my fav action scene is still the Tatsuya vs Kokonoe plus pupils...

@Takuan_Soho_
About u wonderig why the butler doesn't know Tatsuya's ability...
Why do u hae this impressiln that Aoki doesn't know Tatsuya's full abilities? All I understood frm the scene was that the butler was looking down on Tatsuya... for all we know, the butler could know perfectly well all of Tatsuya's powers but still looks down on him...

also, we dont even know all of Tatsuya's powers yet, so I dont see how everyone in his school knows all his powers... in the anime, it seems as if the school ppl know only a tiny fraction of his full power, and even Jumonji, Leo, Mizuki, Erika etc have only seen n heard glimpses here and there, n chances are, they have very little idea of what he's doing. Same with the terrorists- they know how terrible Tatsuya is, but they probably dont know what kinda magic he uses...
The most annoying thing about some anime is that they don't know when they've died...
May 31, 2014 4:02 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
It's forbidden from asking other Magician's about their special magic and how they used it unless they themselves say so.

Convenient rule there, almost as convenient as "caste" has been, brought in when they need it and forgotten when they don't.

As for the rule Tatsuya explained it in public to his friends at a family restaurant easily enough.

"Convenient" is another convenient excuse you can come up with for nit-picking about stuff. This rule is pretty well followed in Mahouka-verse. You might have forgotten that Tatsuya only explained it to his friends after Miyuki started talking about it and in a low voice so people around wouldn't hear. Or was the place around them packed? Go back and re-watch the episode so you can clear it up.

Also that spoiler part it just your own personal issue/taste not the writer's. Also i believe they never said that he is the chief designer of the company so that's just a assumption on your part.

But i do agree that the anime stuff could have added a few lines about it. But time is short, people don't like slow and explanation stuff and there aren't a lot of fan service scenes so they have to rush and cut out some stuff. Also i believe they cut a certain part for putting it in later so i can wait for that (despite being annoyed about it). I guess they wanted to keep the anime-only viewers in more suspense. But that's my opinion.

May 31, 2014 4:02 PM

Jan 2013
I blinked twice and the episode was already over lol.
May 31, 2014 4:10 PM
Oct 2012
millie10468 said:
For once I actually agree with you on something.

Even a motionless clock is correct twice a day!

millie10468 said:
It's not like I don't see how difficult it would be to adapt the LN word for word.

I've posted this on another thread, but I like the story so will repeat it. In an episode of Zetsubou Sensei there is a great scene about how people blame their failures by claiming they were merely following the instructions. One of the example is an anime director blaming his failure on "well I followed the source material".

millie10468 said:
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone on the animation team actually knows what the story is even about.

That's exactly it. They don't. Otherwise they would have established the world setting and layered in a lot of the background so when things later happen the reader goes "ooohhh". I mean the writer is making it up as he goes along, but it isn't like the adapters couldn't read all the novels and say, hey why don't we do something different here and there, it will make things better when we get to that. That is what adapting is all about.

I know some people will say "that's what they have been doing, and any more would be more boring". My response is "no" to both statements. They haven't added information in a consistent way and because of that people find it boring.
May 31, 2014 4:11 PM

Mar 2013
darkreaperix said:
straggy said:
This show's actually starting to pick up and becoming something closer to decent, but whilst it's pretty easy to ignore how boring Tatsuya is in eps where his stupidly OP too good for the system powers aren't at the forefront, Miyuki is still managing to drag this whole affair down into almost unwatchable whenever she gets screentime. Prayer circle that that fireball car kills her and we can all move on by never mentioning her again.

In fact, Tatsuya wouldn't even be that bad a character if they didn't keep trying to make him a typical 15 year old schoolboy who's good at stuff just because. At least other OP characters had good detailed backstory from a realistically early-on point (rather than waiting until almost halfway through the show before even hinting at it) that helps provide reasoning for their powers, and actual weaknesses that they have to overcome during their fights. They could so easily have avoided this OP stuff they don't know how to handle or implement properly and still kept his good theory by making him a really clumsy fighter or something, that has to steadily improve to implement his mind in his techniques. It would've been better to just straight up have him as only good at supporting his sister and have her be the main fighter too (provided she wasn't so unbearable in this AU, that is) and then showing that she's pretty useless without him doing the theory end, to make them a more logical partnership. Instead we just have... this. And it's so disappointing.

you have practically many anime to watch to see those typical wimpy weak MC's that you are looking for.That's what made Tatsuya cool because he's different from those lame MC's that is flooding anime/manga/LN's :)

What? I said I didn't want one that was boring and who was so OP without the story to back it up. Lelouch was OP but he had good character development and an actual personality. Guts is OP but they take a lot of time to explain how and why. I don't dislike Tatsuya because he's ~*~different~*~, I dislike him because he's a shitty character.
May 31, 2014 4:13 PM

Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

Tell me, how can the pieces fit together if even the integral information hasn't been revealed yet? And from what I saw, most of the missing pieces from LN readers are things that wasn't even revealed yet and was done so by LN readers only because you the anime-only watchers asked for it. By your logic, Steins;Gate anime would be a bad adaptation since the plot only seemed to pick up more than halfway into the series after what looks like an "endless filler episodes" that should only make sense after the climax of the story.

May 31, 2014 4:19 PM

Apr 2012
this episode is somewhat interesting
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 31, 2014 4:30 PM

Aug 2013
Whats up that butler's ass?
My Candies:
May 31, 2014 4:34 PM
Jun 2010
I see what they did there, they complete change the personality of Mayumi and Suzune, than what it was originally in the LN.

In the LN, Mayumi sees Tatsuya as a younger brother figure and like to tease him. But there are definitely hints that she also like him as a candidate of the opposite sex, even if she's older than Tatsuya. Because she is constantly stress from her family duty as one of the 10 MC, she often relieve her stress by taking it out on other with her prankster personality.

Suzune on the other hand, is more of the serious silent intellectual type, who respects Mayumi. Her silence personality of her being is due to the type of magic her family bloodline possess, that she does not really want other to know, due to the magic's history.

Too bad they didn't show Miyuki's internal rage with her slowly cooling the air around her, which was why Honoka was so tense around her. It would be nice if they also include the scene of the boys flocking to Miyuki to get closer to her, which got on Mari's nerves. Kanon is mad here, because she cannot be with her boyfriend.

In the end, they just didn't have time to fit it in, so it's understandable. But like someone brought it up earlier, they should have left it at a cliff hanger of the car flipping over heading towards the student, thus allow them to also include slightly more scenes. I also feel it is more suspenseful that way too, compare to how they ended it.

Overall, the episode is still better than how it was done in the first arc, especially with how the characters in the episode has more emotions shown.
May 31, 2014 4:35 PM

Apr 2012
damm wat a cliffhanger, looks like the chair woman has a thing 4 Tatsuya dont let Miyuki find out
May 31, 2014 4:35 PM
Oct 2012
EasyGo-er said:
Tell me, how can the pieces fit together if even the integral information hasn't been revealed yet? And from what I saw, most of the missing pieces from LN readers are things that wasn't even revealed yet and was done so only because you the anime-only watchers asked for it.

The "fitting" together doesn't have to reveal everything, it just has to show that the author has thought of a simple question that any reader/viewer would have and to have laid some ground work "before" the question arises, so that after it is answered, the viewer can go back and say, ahhhhhh.

For instance. I have read 20 pages of the first novel. In those 20 pages it was established from the first that Tatsuya was doing some secret (so secret that Miyuki didn't know) experimental work for the Yotsuba company. So had the adaption kept a hint of that in the first episode, the revelation later about his being Silver would not have been another "sugee sugee Ta-tsu-ya" scene but would be two pieces fitting together.

Now the above is just to serve as an example, not something that would really have changed things, but that is what I mean by "fitting" together.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
This rule is pretty well followed in Mahouka-verse.

Where has the adaption explained this "rule"? And it shouldn't have been explained once, but several times because it is a pretty big rule. And the restaurant wasn't the only place where Tatsuya explained his magic when specifically asked, so the adaption has violated this rule several times.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Also i believe they never said that he is the chief designer of the company so that's just a assumption on your part.

As for assuming, I would suggest that you go back and read what I wrote. I never said that Tatsuya was the "chief designer".

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
But time is short, people don't like slow and explanation stuff and there aren't a lot of fan service scenes

1) Yes it is, so why have the scene with the Lead Designer and staff bowing to Tatsuya since it added nothing, or the scene with the Lead Designer screaming how "this changes magic", even though they said something equivalent 2 minutes later during the experiment?
2) It's not "people's" fault. The explanations HAVE been boring. Simple way they could have made them more exciting is to have Tatsuya's inner monologs while he is doing stuff. Or to say "this changes everything" during the experiment instead of wasting a minute on the previous scene. For some bizarre reason the adapters think that if they are showing something they can't say something and vice-versa. They probably have the same opinion of fans as you do.
3) No Fanservice? Really? Beautiful younger sister gushing over older brother 3 times an episode? While not as overt as other series, this show has been waving that flag really really hard for that reason.
May 31, 2014 4:50 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
May 31, 2014 5:03 PM

Nov 2013
And so the harem grows...
May 31, 2014 5:06 PM

May 2014
That butler talking like he's the president made me lol.
May 31, 2014 5:08 PM

Mar 2014
BladesOfTime said:
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.

+1 nice episode.

also, i'm okay with not having his background explained right now, it was hinted at
May 31, 2014 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
Ushiyama.. hmm, his appearance, huh.
Flying magic is a success.
Aoki the ass has appeared. Uggh. Tatsuya and Miyuki's father appear as well..

Lols Mikihiko closing up on Mizuki's face. both of 'em blushing XD

Honoka getting questioned on the relationship b/n Tatsuya and herself.
FINALLY. Shizuku's name gets mentioned
Mayumi complaining about not being able to get Tatsuya to sit next to her xD
Lols Hattori. Oh and nicely done Shizuku.
A slow episode...
May 31, 2014 5:21 PM

Jul 2013
Wow the Shiba family are a bunch of a-holes insulting Tatsuya for being a mere tool of his abilities. Though I like to see more of their backstory.

His popularity is raising when he is part of the engineering team now. So spirit magic is used huh, I like to know more of that.

Mayumi was pretty daring in front of Tatsuya, but he eventually ignores it. Oh well, my greatest enemy... cliffhangers.

May 31, 2014 5:43 PM
Apr 2014
Pretty great episode and it was nice seeing more of Honoka. As for not explaining more about Tatsuya, it really isn't a big deal as there gonna reveal it further along the series to keep the audience interested. Which is fine to me. We're getting really close to the competition can't wait.
May 31, 2014 6:00 PM

Aug 2013
Mahouka is going very well in my opinion
although I thought would be best explained on Tatsuya have lost their feelings, failed to delve a bit about it
meanwhile Tatsuya is still conquering the girls near him, Shizuku, Honoka and Mayumi were the victims in this episode, Miyuki not need to be mentioned, since she not stop to thinking about the brother
and end an accident interrupts the trip, I think this arc will be very good
May 31, 2014 6:01 PM
Apr 2013
Yeah, at this point in time, I think Madhouse is doing an adequate job of trying to get Tatsuya's character across. And honestly I think he's definitely better than most characters of his type. And the hints of dark past keep his character at least interesting, which is more than I can say for most OP characters. Meanwhile his sense of humor is actually pretty good. And his reaction to seeing Erika, Mizuki and Leo near the front was pretty amusing. I don't get the sense that his character is a bore either.

But damn, those cliffhangers. Now I'm curious as why trying to stop the burning car is a bad idea.
May 31, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2013
MCAL said:
But damn, those cliffhangers. Now I'm curious as why trying to stop the burning car is a bad idea.

I don't think its about stopping the burning car but rather the amount of people doing so.

Less subtle hint
JaythorMay 31, 2014 6:21 PM
May 31, 2014 6:20 PM

Jan 2014
Kazataro said:
That butler talking like he's the president made me lol.
Me too. Also the fact that the father didn't open his mouth until the very end and let his butler do the talking like he was the actual boss made it somehow even funnier: haha, so beta. god I hate that word
Prolly means the dad has no importance/influence whatsoever in the Yotsuba family?

Okay-ish episode I guess. Not exactly the best thing ever, but hey, at least it wasn't half as boring as the last one. I found the last scene before the accident to be pretty ridiculous tho : since when does waiting in the sun makes someone admirable and charming? Dude could have just sit inside the fucking bus or taken an umbrella. Bah, nevermind.

But Miyuki needs to leave. Seriously.

Also something's bugging me : what was Tatsuya doing here when Mikihiko almost hit Mizuki ? He said himself that even without him being there she wouldn't have been in danger, and he's not the type of guy to just wander about or go somewhere without a reason, so why was he here ?

PS: Tastu being essentially a major dick to Mizuki/Mikihiko and Mayumi was really fun to watch. More of this insensitive jerkish attitude plz!
SapewlothMay 31, 2014 6:23 PM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
May 31, 2014 6:31 PM
Oct 2010
This show is really boring. Can anyone give an estimated time frame when it will pick up?
May 31, 2014 6:32 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder why the family holds Tatsuya in such contempt :S
Interesting crystal eyes Mizuki has; being able to discern colors associated with different magic. It will probably play a big role in this arc.
lol @ Mayumi's fail flirt attempt

A decent episode but still expecting a lot more than this :\

May 31, 2014 6:33 PM
Apr 2014
Am I the only one who thought the scene where the subjects were playing tag while flying, funny.
May 31, 2014 6:37 PM

Sep 2013
Miyuki, you're always thirsty. Thirsty for his brother lol. C'mon, you worry too much. She's like an over-protective sister.

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) <-- Exactly how I looked like when the Episode ended. Damn that cliffhanger. I was just about to go kamehameha shit on my screen.

May 31, 2014 6:39 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
AquaWateria said:
Am I the only one who thought the scene where the subjects were playing tag while flying, funny.

It was funny and they got scolded too, haha!

Mayumi's Bewitching Face had no effect on Tatsuya, lol.

Holy s**t at that ending, though. Nice cliffhanger.. :o
May 31, 2014 7:24 PM
Mar 2014
is someone keeping count of the onii sama used in this?
May 31, 2014 7:31 PM

Sep 2012
I swear, they're spending more time feeding the fujoshi than adapting more plot.

I was really bothered by that accident. There's no way that car had enough energy to fly that high simply by colliding with the barrier.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
May 31, 2014 7:33 PM

Oct 2013
VGFACTCHECKER said:

4 this episode, 5 last. It's actually reducing since this arc began. The highest it went was 26 in episode 1. Episodes 4 and 7 were 17 and 14 respectively.

No, I'm not the one who kept count, someone else was.
May 31, 2014 7:41 PM

Nov 2007
millie10468 said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

4 this episode, 5 last. It's actually reducing since this arc began. The highest it went was 26 in episode 1. Episodes 4 and 7 were 17 and 14 respectively.

Nice. Finally Miyuki is getting more intelligible dialogues. Is there a chance that someone will appear saying: "Is it okay for me to call you Onii-san?" in the near future? Just curious.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
MCAL said:

Mari probably told them to stop because all them are in a state of panic, thus affecting the magic they would use on the burning car. You can see Kanon really panicking in that situation. On the other hand, you see Miyuki ridiculously calm, and so she'd be more suited to calmly and effectively use her magic to stop the car.
May 31, 2014 7:45 PM

Mar 2014
shanimebib said:
millie10468 said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

Nice. Finally Miyuki is getting more intelligible dialogues. Is there a chance that someone will appear saying: "Is it okay for me to call you Onii-san?" in the near future? Just curious.

why is it a crime to call her brother by a respectable honorific?
May 31, 2014 7:45 PM

Aug 2013
If I was one of those guys who got to test flying, I would totally play flying tag too XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 31, 2014 7:47 PM
Jul 2013
shanimebib said:
millie10468 said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

Dont think so the only person who calls him that is miyuki i think
May 31, 2014 7:54 PM

Nov 2007
AzuStar said:
shanimebib said:
millie10468 said:
VGFACTCHECKER said:

why is it a crime to call her brother by a respectable honorific?

I meant some "other" than her highness Miyuki. And as for your question, the answer is no. It is not a crime. Japanese high society still maintains the tradition of using sama to refer to parents, close relatives, elder siblings and even cousins.

ncnoobkill said:

Hmm. That's good to know. The last thing I would want to see a rival appearing in an anime like this. It can be enjoyable in anime such as DATE A LIVE, but not in anything like Mahouka which should focus more into serious nature of the setup.

xchee said:
If I was one of those guys who got to test flying, I would totally play flying tag too XD!

But it helped them gather a genuine information. It takes a toll on the body of users (lacking substantial amount of ability to perform magic) through fatigue.
shanimebibMay 31, 2014 7:59 PM
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 8:08 PM
Jul 2013
shanimebib said:

ncnoobkill said:

Hmm. That's good to know. The last thing I would want to see a rival appearing in an anime like this. It can be enjoyable in anime such as DATE A LIVE, but not in anything like Mahouka which should focus more into serious nature of the setup.

Just so you know in the near future honoka will be fighting over tatsuya with miyuki lol. It's already hinted in this episode anyways. But she won't be calling tatsuya oni-sama hahaha that would be damn weird
May 31, 2014 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
coolxal said:

People hate Tatsuya because he's too perfect and is always calm.

The haters don't even realize the purpose Aoki. He is a self-insert for all the viewers that hate Tatsuya.

I don't hate Tatsuya because he is perfect. I dislike the fact that "his perfection" is glorified a bit too much by the animators/author.

As for your comparison of haters to Aoki, as a critical viewer, I saw his hate for Tatsuya is not because he thinks Tatsuya is perfect, but because of something else. They way it has been shown so far in the anime, it seems only Miyuki in the clan is aware that Tatsuya is amazing. Everyone else in the clan probably treats him like a tool because they think he is inept as a magician (at least on the level they would want him to be).

Am I missing something else here, because your comment was more like an insult directed to users in MAL than actually trying to say something meaningful?
Coronavirus.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.