Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 31, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I'm not surprised that Miyuki got pissed again this episode. Their father acts like a prick quite a bit. Well I think they got the part right when adapting his personality.

Anyways, more built-up for the upcoming competitions. Looks like they are adapting this a little slower now although I did notice Mikihiko clear the air a bit with the others. Meh, slow episode. The actual competitions are beginning very soon although it looks like they are already running into some trouble on the road.
Stark700May 31, 2014 8:56 AM
May 31, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
The main guy already has people works under him. Flying test, and it's a success. And there's the sibling's father, too. The bodyguard doesn't seem to approve him.

The girl that can see color on her eyes saw some color from a card magician's magic practice.

Separate bus. Then accident.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 31, 2014 9:00 AM
Mar 2014
1 thing to say

Mizuki's Blushing Face = HNNNNNNNNGGGG
May 31, 2014 10:11 AM

Feb 2009
They really kept that pointy ears of Aoki's from the manga design. And fucking Koyasu Takehito as Tatsurou. He really is everywhere this season.

And eh, they left out much of the details about that experiment. So much for expecting that this part will explain things about him. More like this will leave people with more questions and complaints. That extra time with Tatsuya meeting the girls would have been better off placed in this part. At least Subaru and Eimi got to talk I guess. Ah well.

Their priorities are kinda weird though as they even kept the Hattori bullying and Miyuki worrying over her Oniisama. This staff really.
Right on the money though, episode ends with the attack. That cliffhanger really should have stopped when the car flipped over though. Mari shouting to stop them doesn't make sense given the situation. Not while it's missing the explanation why she said that which is mere moments after that. Ah well.
May 31, 2014 10:25 AM

Oct 2013
belatkuro said:

And eh, they left out much of the details about that experiment.

Are you sure we should be knowing exactly how and why that experiment was done at this point? If I recall correctly, we only just knew he was the way he was due to an experiment. The real explanation came during
right?
May 31, 2014 11:27 AM
Oct 2013
millie10468 said:
belatkuro said:

And eh, they left out much of the details about that experiment.

Are you sure we should be knowing exactly how and why that experiment was done at this point? If I recall correctly, we only just knew he was the way he was due to an experiment. The real explanation came during
right?

Ya his father never did any experiment on him, it was SUPER missleading in the early chapter of the manga coz it imply his father was testing on him or some shit when in reality they were just basically abusing his power to analyise magic sequence to help make the company better.

May 31, 2014 11:31 AM

Aug 2013
Wow, this episode flew by so fast! Interesting ending, I can't wait to see how this one plays out. (Tatsuya will probably come in and save the day or something like that anyway)
swag
May 31, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2010
Honoka having a crush and Mayumi flirting with Tatsuya :3
I like seeing how everyone in the lab really looked up to Tatsuya. That Aoki butler guy had to ruin it. :(
Mizuki's crystal eyes, I wonder if they have significance later.
That terriost attack, I thought it would be a direct hit, but they made it seem like an accident. To plan all that physics to be able to land the other side... quite surprised to see it.
May 31, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
That butler is such an ass. Wished that Tatsuya didn't stop Miyuki. Seeing Mizuki blush was kinda cute.
May 31, 2014 12:02 PM

Aug 2010
belatkuro said:

Their priorities are kinda weird though as they even kept the Hattori bullying and Miyuki worrying over her Oniisama. This staff really.
Right on the money though, episode ends with the attack. That cliffhanger really should have stopped when the car flipped over though. Mari shouting to stop them doesn't make sense given the situation. Not while it's missing the explanation why she said that which is mere moments after that. Ah well.

Yeah, didn't really feel the cliffhanger was handled right :( They could've done it way better. But oh well, it left me hanging and wanting more (Which is why it's called a cliffhanger <_<)

Poor Mayumi though with how Tatsuya just totally ignored her flirting and changed the topic XDXDXD U gotta feel bad for her a bit :P

Hate that f***n Aoki!!

This ep could have been done quite a bit better though -.- They focused on some not that important stuff...Oh well, nxt ep onward should be a lot more fun ^^
May 31, 2014 12:02 PM

Jun 2013
slow episode but can't wait for next eps

i can see there`ll be A LOT of haters and elitist complaining
May 31, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2013
comochi said:

And they'd be pretty justified in doing so...
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
May 31, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2011
so at the end there, they shouldn't be.. using any magic on that car? assuming that car would blow up or anything, i guess tatsuya would save the day again
May 31, 2014 12:10 PM

Jul 2013
Seems like they cut down the scene with Aoki and Tatsuya's father. Kinda disappointing but I'm not surprised.

Need more Shizuku <3

Let the Mikihiko x Mizuki ship set sail!

Jan 2009
comochi said:

That's what they do :) ... just ignore them.

May 2010
comochi said:

criticism is automaticly hate and elitist complaining now just because you gave it a 9/10 already? what does that make you then?
May 31, 2014 12:16 PM

Oct 2013
How on earth could they reduce Tatsuya's entire monologue to "I have no heart to hate her"? What the hell? Does he not have a heart? Is that supposed to explain why he's so emotionless? Because he doesn't have a heart? I know it gets explained in more details much later on but at this point, we did find out that he had no strong emotions to speak of, save for his love of his imouto. Now we'll have to put up with people making light of his entire situation.

Anyway, moving on...

So no explanations about why the FLT engineers are grateful to him. No explanations about why he even has that much influence at FLT (their Dad is the CEO or something so they see him as the heir, if anyone's interested). Ushiyama's eyes were wrongly portrayed too.

What was Mizuki doing standing by herself? Is it alright if I assume she was waiting for Shizuku and Honoka to finish their meeting? I did like seeing Mikihiko's Spirit Magic animated. And HOLY SHIT, did the anime really explain what it was? I'm astonished!

The ceremony was cut which wasn't a bad idea. The scene with Miyuki whining was also cut to its bare minimum. Why even show it in the first place, these animators... I guess it showed how easily manipulated Miyuki is when it comes to her brother.

Now the accident did look cool animated. I'm just sighing about the predictions so far that almighty Tatsuya will take care of things next episode. He isn't the only competent Magician in the show, you know?

All in all, it was a serviceable episode. I hadn't really been very disappointed with the anime until this episode. You would think Madhouse would notice how disliked Miyuki is and try to salvage her character as well as as they could but no. They messed up Tatsuya's meeting with his father and Aoki too. I'm keeping my expectations lower than when I started now.

Edit: Who are those giving the episode 5/5? I love the LNs to bits but even I am seeing the problems in the anime, especially in this episode. I guess it takes a very special kind of fan to not see the flaws in an adaptation.
OpalMidgeMay 31, 2014 12:43 PM
May 31, 2014 12:18 PM
Oct 2012
belatkuro said:
And eh, they left out much of the details about that experiment. So much for expecting that this part will explain things about him. More like this will leave people with more questions and complaints.

Here's one complaint. Did we really need the "Mister, it is SUCH a honor to work under you and even though we have met plenty of times before I just wanted to again say that I am not worthy to even lick your shoe" scene. Time could have been spent better elsewhere, and we could have avoided yet another Miyuki "face red in admiration" scene.

Second complaint - the very next scene. Okay I do get that this is supposed to change magic as we know it, but a shaky camera shot? Really. Another wasted scene because they all say the same thing during the test - this time again could have been better spent elsewhere.

belatkuro said:
Their priorities are kinda weird though ....his staff really.

That's this animation in a nutshell, even the good scenes seem off.

Liked the butler scene, though I think something similar should have been done much sooner in the series. I am still curious how his own family doesn't know of the extent of his special abilities when everyone at school knows it. I am sure that will get explained later (don't need it explained now :-).

Agree that they should have ended with the crash, having the extra scene really ruins the cliffhanger. It is so obvious that its Miyuki's turn to have the stage set so she can do something amazing and everyone will look on in even greater wonder at the siblings.

A cliffhanger should leave you wondering what will happen next; when you know it ruins the suspense, even if something different happens next week, the suspense for this week is ruined.
Takuan_SohoMay 31, 2014 1:11 PM
May 31, 2014 12:25 PM
Mar 2014
what was up with Tatsuya's reaction to seeing Erika reaction during the pin thing?
May 31, 2014 12:31 PM

Oct 2013
VGFACTCHECKER said:
what was up with Tatsuya's reaction to seeing Erika reaction during the pin thing?

Weeds weren't supposed to be sitting that close in the front. Based Erika ignoring segregation norms.
May 31, 2014 12:31 PM

Apr 2014
VGFACTCHECKER said:

It's the fact that his class were right up in the front rows, The front rows are in a way unofficially reserved for the 1st course students
AlexMay 31, 2014 12:38 PM
May 31, 2014 12:32 PM

Jan 2011
VGFACTCHECKER said:

I got the impression in this episode that he is fully aware of what has been done to him, and even though he doesn't/can't have strong feelings about it, he's not entirely happy with the situation. Intellectually he can recognize what the girls are doing, and he knows he should have a reaction to it, but he can't. I suspect that will be important later...

Another couple of things that were interesting is the clear depiction of just how status in the clans is not dependent on anything outside of recognized magic potential--clearly being an engineering genius with non-standard magical abilities doesn't count for anything with the butler. And if a cute member of another of the ruling clans was flirting with me as obviously as Mayumi was, I don't see how I could resist responding, even if my heart (and other parts) were made of stone...
rodacMay 31, 2014 12:38 PM
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 31, 2014 12:38 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I've never read the source material, but even so I couldn't help getting the feeling that they were rushing through stuff, leaving stuff unsaid or gaps here and there. Coming here to the discussion thread that feeling is reaffirmed when I see that LN readers have to explain a lot of stuff to non LN readers. Madhouse is really not adapting this well it seems.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 31, 2014 12:42 PM
May 2014
Man, I freaking love the OST in this show. So much variety.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
May 31, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
Marzan said:
I've never read the source material, but even so I couldn't help getting the feeling that they were rushing through stuff, leaving stuff unsaid or gaps here and there. Coming here to the discussion thread that feeling is reaffirmed when I see that LN readers have to explain a lot of stuff to non LN readers. Madhouse is really not adapting this well it seems.

I've always felt this would be a difficult series to adapt well to anime. The novel literally explains every detail as to whats happening, such as different types of magic, abilities, character interactions, CADs etc.. As well as what Tatsuya is thinking during interactions. If they were to add all of it, even most of it. I think it would get really slow (yeah, even slower than what we see sometimes). I feel reading these sort of things from a book it is fine, but when you are on a time limit such as anime, it becomes difficult. They've cut down screen time for characters as well (Honoka getting the brunt end of it).

Nonetheless, I still enjoy the show plenty. As someone who is reading the novels, I think I just appreciate the fact I get to see it animated in the first place. Even with changes.
May 31, 2014 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
Poor Mayumi, Tatsuya ignored her flirting.
May 31, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2013
lol, we have to wait for the next episode for Tatsuya to stop the car with his OP powers
May 31, 2014 1:30 PM
Apr 2014
For a mere butler, Aoki sure acts high and mighty. It doesn't even look like he respects Miyuki when it's shown that he puts his own selfish thoughts before the orders given to him. The butler is spoiled; he has his own mind set; he's capable of doing anything, including selling out the entire Yotsuba just for his own benefit.

Too bad their father is too shallow (too much of a prick) to be aware of any of that
May 31, 2014 1:35 PM

Nov 2007
"We take honour on working under someone as capable as you" and Miyuki's sparkling eyes! I think I am getting used to it and it doesn't bother me anymore, since late as it may be (9th episode in already) the anime is starting to explain things/or giving more more appreciable hints to look forward to reasons why the Yotsuba clan's treatment of Tatsuya is so ill and why even the magic scientists take pride in working under him.

The remarks Tatsuya made when Mikihiko accidentally was about to hit it off with Mizuki were intelligible but quite harsh. His remarks on Mayumi's failed attempt to impress Tatsuya (or maybe there was other hidden motives behind her actions) with her summer one-piece was way to too straightforward. And then there was his standoff with the Yotusba butler (probably because of his nature to be protective of Miyuki as she was at her limit hearing those remarks made on her brother than just for himself being ill treated) made a few things clear which wasn't too obvious (even though there were meager hints, like the way he treated Mibu in the earlier episode, but then again it was difficult to grasp more because Mibu was clearly at wrong) are

1. He is devoid of proper (I would rather say "nicer") human interactions
2. He is lacking something more on a fundamental level, that is conveying his emotions like a normal human being does
3. He was made to be like this from a much younger age (a clip showing a test being performed on him), resulting him to be like the way he is right now.
4. Number 3. may also explain why he treats Miyuki on a different level than anyone else, like never was once shown in the anime so far that he turned down her wish that was at least not impossible even though he was against it at the start

Overall I would say it was the first time I saw an episode that made me think this anime has improved.

Cliffhanger ending, but the only real issue is the ED starting when the situation was so dire, didn't really go with the flow of it. Just my honest opinion.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
This show's actually starting to pick up and becoming something closer to decent, but whilst it's pretty easy to ignore how boring Tatsuya is in eps where his stupidly OP too good for the system powers aren't at the forefront, Miyuki is still managing to drag this whole affair down into almost unwatchable whenever she gets screentime. Prayer circle that that fireball car kills her and we can all move on by never mentioning her again.

In fact, Tatsuya wouldn't even be that bad a character if they didn't keep trying to make him a typical 15 year old schoolboy who's good at stuff just because. At least other OP characters had good detailed backstory from a realistically early-on point (rather than waiting until almost halfway through the show before even hinting at it) that helps provide reasoning for their powers, and actual weaknesses that they have to overcome during their fights. They could so easily have avoided this OP stuff they don't know how to handle or implement properly and still kept his good theory by making him a really clumsy fighter or something, that has to steadily improve to implement his mind in his techniques. It would've been better to just straight up have him as only good at supporting his sister and have her be the main fighter too (provided she wasn't so unbearable in this AU, that is) and then showing that she's pretty useless without him doing the theory end, to make them a more logical partnership. Instead we just have... this. And it's so disappointing.
May 31, 2014 1:38 PM

May 2014
Finally more Honoka!

Aoki is an a-hole.The neglecting father is another a-hole :)

Tatsuya OP?Most Yotsuba (you can count in 1 hand that do give respect) don't give no shit because he's a fake magician.For those that still don't get why Miyuki always wants Tatsuya to be in the spotlight (like being in the technical representative),he gets no respect from his family,more reasons to love Miyuki,don't disrespect her onii-sama (or more hate for her?).

Tatsuya loses another one from his "harem" with Mizuki (just kidding).

Like the way the spirits were animated.

Mari shouted stop because using different kinds of magic for 1 target will interfere with each othe's sequencer and magic won't activate properly.
May 31, 2014 1:40 PM

Apr 2013
Ah, good old abnormally disrespectful butler who only exists for the purposes of flimsy exposition. I really hate how perfect and calm Tatsuya is. He's so perfect that I find it hard to believe that people would actually respond to him with the animosity that they do. It just seems like their attitudes just pop into existence for the sake of the plot. Also, I think Tatsuya is Robocop.
May 31, 2014 1:42 PM

May 2014
straggy said:
This show's actually starting to pick up and becoming something closer to decent, but whilst it's pretty easy to ignore how boring Tatsuya is in eps where his stupidly OP too good for the system powers aren't at the forefront, Miyuki is still managing to drag this whole affair down into almost unwatchable whenever she gets screentime. Prayer circle that that fireball car kills her and we can all move on by never mentioning her again.

In fact, Tatsuya wouldn't even be that bad a character if they didn't keep trying to make him a typical 15 year old schoolboy who's good at stuff just because. At least other OP characters had good detailed backstory from a realistically early-on point (rather than waiting until almost halfway through the show before even hinting at it) that helps provide reasoning for their powers, and actual weaknesses that they have to overcome during their fights. They could so easily have avoided this OP stuff they don't know how to handle or implement properly and still kept his good theory by making him a really clumsy fighter or something, that has to steadily improve to implement his mind in his techniques. It would've been better to just straight up have him as only good at supporting his sister and have her be the main fighter too (provided she wasn't so unbearable in this AU, that is) and then showing that she's pretty useless without him doing the theory end, to make them a more logical partnership. Instead we just have... this. And it's so disappointing.

you have practically many anime to watch to see those typical wimpy weak MC's that you are looking for.That's what made Tatsuya cool because he's different from those lame MC's that is flooding anime/manga/LN's :)
May 31, 2014 1:44 PM

Nov 2007
AsherFischell said:
Also, I think Tatsuya is Robocop.

Lol. You are not far off. :D
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 1:46 PM
Aug 2012
Not a bad episode........

Pros:
- Ushiyama and his team introduced and "Tauras Silver" revealed.
- Mikihiko's part was done pretty well and they kept the explanations.
- They didn't cut down Mayumi's scene (a huge plus in my opinion).
- Tatsuya reacting to Erika and his classmates being in the front row. That's the way it should be........
- The ceremony part was cut short and extra scenes for Eimi and Subaru.
- Accident and that Cliffhanger.............it's not going to turn out as predicted folks.
- Jerkass Aoki and cheating Father revealed and owned by Tatsuya.

Cons:
- What the hell Madhouse? You cut down the most important part about the experiment. Are they going to reveal when volume 5 is adapted or directly show it in Reminiscence? Bad decision......
- Another 1 line about Mikihiko not being able to use magic properly after an accident 1 year ago would have helped his characterization more.
- Ushiyama's design could have been better(personal issue)

May 31, 2014 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
AsherFischell said:
Ah, good old abnormally disrespectful butler who only exists for the purposes of flimsy exposition. I really hate how perfect and calm Tatsuya is. He's so perfect that I find it hard to believe that people would actually respond to him with the animosity that they do. It just seems like their attitudes just pop into existence for the sake of the plot. Also, I think Tatsuya is Robocop.

There are situations in which a bully just wants a reaction from the person being bullied. Tatsuya not being all riled up is what makes those people more mad at him.
As for Tatsuya being Robocop, this episode should have told you why it seems that way... and yet it looks like it's been postponed till God-knows-when.
May 31, 2014 1:48 PM

May 2010
shanimebib said:
AsherFischell said:
Also, I think Tatsuya is Robocop.

Lol. You are not far off. :D

Except the original 3 Robocop films were actually pretty good. Okay, maybe not the 3rd one.
May 31, 2014 1:52 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

Liked the butler scene, though I think something similar should have been done much sooner in the series. I am still curious how his own family doesn't know of the extent of his special abilities when everyone at school knows it. I am sure that will get explained later (don't need it explained now :-).

Just to be clear, which powers are you talking about? Especially the ones everyone knows about..........i am curious.

May 31, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Only Miyuki currently knows the extent of his abilities in the school.
May 31, 2014 2:07 PM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Just to be clear, which powers are you talking about? Especially the ones everyone knows about..........i am curious.

Cast Jamming for a starter. He used it on that one student terrorists who immediately understood that it was special (why terror guy wanted to recruit him), and he had used it a couple of times in school and told several friends about it as well. So I doubt seriously that is a secret.

Also that he is such an awesome designer that even their company's chief designer and staff genuflect when he merely walks into the room. You can also add whatever skills the military respects him for.

In that the butler is the 4th most powerful person in the Yotsuba family, and they are one of the ten clans that secretly rule Japan, I find it odd that the butler would make a point about stressing how little magic Tatsuya has when even a half efficient intelligence unit the clan would obviously have, with very little effort, would have noticed otherwise.

Before replying, you should ask yourself: do we really want to stir him up on this. I promised to be good this week, but I will reply if you do.
May 31, 2014 2:15 PM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Cast Jamming for a starter. He used it on that one student terrorists who immediately understood that it was special (why terror guy wanted to recruit him), and he had used it a couple of times in school and told several friends about it as well. So I doubt seriously that is a secret.

Also that he is such an awesome designer that even their company's chief designer and staff genuflect when he merely walks into the room. You can also add whatever skills the military respects him for.

In that the butler is the 4th most powerful person in the Yotsuba family, and they are one of the ten clans that secretly rule Japan, I find it odd that the butler would make a point about stressing how little magic Tatsuya has when even a half efficient intelligence unit the clan would obviously have, with very little effort, would have noticed otherwise.

Before replying, you should ask yourself: do we really want to stir him up on this. I promised to be good this week, but I will reply if you do.

mild spoiler
May 31, 2014 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
"Silver-san" being a high school engineer for a competition... ugh... i just wanna jump into the screen and reveal it to everyone rofl

May 31, 2014 2:16 PM

Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
In that the butler is the 4th most powerful person in the Yotsuba family

Not trying to stir you up, but he said 4th Butler, implying there are 3 butlers ahead of him. And "butler", implying they aren't that powerful in the grand scheme of things.
May 31, 2014 2:18 PM

May 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

To play some devil's advocate, I don't think any of the side characters blabbered about it to other students.

Takuan_Soho said:

No one knows he moonlights as a genius engineer at his own company.

Takuan_Soho said:

Hubris and powerlevels work in crazy ways.
May 31, 2014 2:18 PM
Oct 2013
Takuan_Soho said:

oh his family is fully aware of Tatsuya abilities its just since they don't like/fear it they have placed Tatsuya in a position where he can never ascend to the head of the family (even if he's the best magician). Dont know if you picked up on but Tatsuya has no emotion and loyalty to his family save for one person and that's his sister who is the prime candidate for the next Head.
“How strange and foolish is man. He loses his health in gaining wealth. Then, to regain his health he wastes his wealth. He ruins his present while worrying about his future, but weeps in the future by recalling his past. He lives as though death shall never come to him, but dies in a way as if he were never born”
― Imam Ali as
May 31, 2014 2:26 PM

Nov 2007
millie10468 said:
Takuan_Soho said:
In that the butler is the 4th most powerful person in the Yotsuba family

Not trying to stir you up, but he said 4th Butler, implying there are 3 butlers ahead of him. And "butler", implying they aren't that powerful in the grand scheme of things.

Butlers can be really powerful in a household. Think about some like Sebastian Michaelis or even Ayasaki Hayate. :D

duderus said:
"Silver-san" being a high school engineer for a competition... ugh... i just wanna jump into the screen and reveal it to everyone rofl

Wouldn't one think that this kind of unfair for the other eight schools?
Coronavirus.
May 31, 2014 2:30 PM

Apr 2013
Naw, they're all... around... the same age lol
Besides there's that weird guy that was covered in blood and is supposedly a genius as well :o you know... the guy with the red gun in the OP o.o

Oh and that reminds me... the end of the episode... lol

First thing i thought of when everyone was lined up and preparing to attack the car was...

"FINISH HIM!" xD

May 31, 2014 2:33 PM
Oct 2012
millie10468 said:

Asking questions isn't stirring! I only brought that up because some people have said I go on about things.

In the episode they said 4th ranked in the household. So more than just a 'mere' butler.
May 31, 2014 2:37 PM
Oct 2012
wrenchbread said:
To play some devil's advocate, I don't think any of the side characters blabbered about it to other students.

How about the terrorists themselves, they also knew? The government arrested them, they would have found out, and then the family then would have found out.

wrenchbread said:
No one knows he moonlights as a genius engineer at his own company.

No one in the Yotsuba family knows that he moonlights at a Yotsuba factory, one of their main sources of power? And the whole staff knows as well? Do they also not "blabber?"

wrenchbread said:
Hubris and power levels work in crazy ways.

True, but they don't always blow in one direction.
May 31, 2014 2:40 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Ok i will bite.......i am still annoyed about the anime removing a certain part. But i am more annoyed about your riling up........i am just trying to clear some misunderstanding on your part just so you don't giving half-correct spoilers like before.

- Specific Magic Jamming was just a substitute for his real counter magic (which is pretty well known but hard to use). The terrorist group knew it because the Kendo Club President had similar eyes as Mizuki (yes it's mentioned in the anime that he has similar eyes) and was able to understand it somewhat (they were not completely correct though). It's forbidden from asking other Magician's about their special magic and how they used it unless they themselves say so. So no, not everybody knew. If you want to bring up the incident, i already said that before.

- He is not the chief designer for the company.........that's one of the sections. His father and step-mother wanted to use his talents for their own gain but he refused.

Extra info from the LN(if you are interested)

- Well the third part is a spoiler too, you really like pointing out stuff that will be answered later.

Dragon_Slayer_XMay 31, 2014 2:49 PM

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.