Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 31, 2014 4:06 PM

May 2012
Wow that was some half ass shit they pulled.

Not going the to lie the first part was okay. Then that ending came, I was done. Yo they did the PV, outer science, and the manga.

Wow.... Just wow.
May 31, 2014 4:10 PM

Jun 2013
Ayano's episode is next! I actually loved the ED song..
If you feel attacked, you're part of the problem.

Even if things are painful and tough, people should appreciate what it means to be alive at all. — Yato
May 31, 2014 4:41 PM
Jul 2013
I was hoping they would make Shintaro learn about his eye power in this episode but oh well, on the bright side, they explained the concept of the eyes and how it is made. I'm fine with the ending though the voice strained my ears. Ayano's theory of Happiness is next, yes!!!
May 31, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
The next episode is why i'm not dropping this crap until now.
SHAFT and Jin, please........
May 31, 2014 5:15 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty much okay episode, though it is nice to see how they can use their powers and talking about the void part, still need to get used of the story.

So Ayano is next right, I guess it looks interesting.

May 31, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2012
Why does everybody hate the ED? D:
I think reversereality's theory really makes sense, and applying that, the ED seems genius. Although, I wish they made the ED the actual episode; it would fit "Lost Time Memory" more. Since they didn't, I think the events of Lost Time Memory (not the episode) happened before the story even "started". We do see Shintaro's red eyes in other episodes, after all.
We see Shintaro really getting the idea of things as Kido is explaining them, and Momo is a little bit behind. Shintaro may already know of the Haze and is just reviewing the information because he learned about this in another timeline maybe. That, or it's his high IQ.
Also, we see Mary giving Shintaro his power in the end. I always thought it was Ayano who passes it to him, but who knows, Mary may be doing something else instead of giving him his power. If she is though, it may have happened after

May 31, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2013
Nice to see how it all gets together now - the different characters meet and so on. I'm really curious about Marry though, I think she has more to her than just a bubbly klutz.
I'm new to this series, but I don't feel confused so far. Only more intrigued.
May 31, 2014 5:33 PM

Jan 2014
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
reversereality said:
bomboy2121 said:
i have to say something

everyone say that the pv's and manga moments in the end was shaft being lazy

i think they just tryed (and faild badly) to make the anime feel like its the same as the songs/manga

On the other hand, I think that the ending tries to imply what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power actually does.

i dont think so
i think that it now try to lead to ltm (i know wwhat was the episode) that he suicided and then he got his powers
and its a guss only from the pv so dont tell me about what happens in the manga

Same here, but since the ED uses scenes from the LN, manga, and a PV, it implies that the eye power is capable of remembering the other routes, since the LN and manga are different routes in the timeline.

hmmm... could be
and just to know
did you read the manga/ln or is your idea?

Thing is, the whole fandom doesn't exactly know what Shintaro's/Ayano's eye powers exactly do from the definition we've been given in the LN, which is to see through the eyes of those with red eyes. But the theory of Shintaro's eyes allowing him to remember the past routes is up there before this description was brought in, and it didn't come from me. What this ED did was sort of hint that the theory of remembering might be true, since Shintaro just got a montage of him remembering Ayano along with the other routes (in the form of the LN and manga and Outer Science).

The manga and LN haven't even gone across LTM yet, so everyone is in the dark of Shintaro's/Ayano's eye power until possibly, this episode. But to make this theory of remembering the past routes consistent with the description we've been given about the Favoring Eyes, it has to be assumed that the eye power basically puts oneself in the shoes of another person with red eyes. How this changes the entire plot of the story, I can only speculate since we already know the endings (from the PVs), but don't even know how each one can be arrived (which is the job of the LN, manga, and anime).

I was disappointed with how they put the Lost Time Memory like that but then I read your explanation and if it's correct, then I've been mindblown'd
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 31, 2014 5:51 PM

May 2014
Great Episode. Finally something is getting explained.
Still many things are quite obscure!
May 31, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
it's just me or the animation is seriously getting worse??

- I only draw freestyle! -
May 31, 2014 6:45 PM

Aug 2009
Okay, so I'm trying to follow this series, open-minded to all the weird stuff thrown at me. I don't think the plot is moving forward, they are not really doing anything progressively. In all the episodes until now it's mostly flashbacks and about remembering the memories they have lost while sitting down and figuring about the unique powers they hold. The group is almost assembled which makes it feel like this is only building up for something big, but will the last 4 episodes be enough to actually show us the goal and plot?

I just want the Marry episode already, the animators seem to be very fond of her, especially from looking at the end cards.

Ending montage was out of place, looks like Shintaro's mind going hazard. We see stuff that look spoiler heavy, at least from what I could figure out from the music PVs.
May 31, 2014 7:40 PM

Oct 2012
love the insert song~ lost time memory is one of my favs

seems like shintaro remembered everything
the ed was like a jumble of manga and mv moments, but it definitly shows that he is remembering everything
( ´ ▽ ` )ノ
May 31, 2014 7:46 PM

Aug 2013
I do not know the songs or the light novel I am very curious about the story
Shintaro and Ayano seem to be the key linking the characters past and present
now that Shintaro has discovered about Ayano how react? same waiting for the next episode I think most of the answers will only come with the end of the series and that if they come, will be a little frustrating if leave the questions unanswered
I like the animated of Shaft, but do not think it's any anime that can work with this type of animation, was perfect with Monogatari Series and I'm also enjoying with Mekakucity Actors
the plot really interested me and I think that is among the best anime of the season

the closing song of the episode was very good, even the interpreter's voice is a bit strange
only made me more curious about Shintaro and Ayano
drama_menckMay 31, 2014 7:51 PM
May 31, 2014 8:26 PM

Oct 2011
Should I watch the actual PV??
May 31, 2014 8:32 PM

Aug 2012
AnimeFan500 said:
Should I watch the actual PV??

The PV is spoiler heavy but it's your choice if you want to watch it or not.
May 31, 2014 8:49 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty slow episode, we didn't really get to learn anything new =/
My Candies:
May 31, 2014 9:21 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm, it's missing something.
I did like the ending song though.
Just something about the character interactions. I feel like they could be much more interesting and direct.
May 31, 2014 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
The anime is so dark compared to the manga (which was funny).

I feel this adaptation to the series is missing out on the fun/quirky conversations and fun the characters had.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2014 9:58 PM

Dec 2009
I was expecting something..more or different..but I'm glad to see how SHAFT adapted some scene from thte KagePro MV. It was ok despite of using the pic from the previous MV and light novel illustrations.

Oh Lost Time Memory..the Shinaya feels. T^T..I can't wait for the next episode --Ayano's Theory of Happiness is next T^T

May 31, 2014 10:25 PM

May 2014
Iolo said:
we didn't really get to learn anything new =/

did you really watch the latest episode? :/
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 31, 2014 10:33 PM
Nov 2011
Midnight247 said:

I was wondering about Kano and Ene the whole time aswell XD
and isnt it obvious? the girl at the beginning is Kido when she was younger, she even said in the episode she got her eye power because she and her sister died in a house fire, but only Kido was able to come back and gain the power. plus her sister called her Tsubomi which is Kido's last name after all ^.^
ive read the manga and listened to all the songs a few times so im not as confused as most other people XD

Sorry, just want to point out that Tsubomi is her FIRST name. and Kido is her LAST name. people usualy misunderstand it since Mekakushi-dan usually call themselves by their last name =)
May 31, 2014 10:44 PM

Mar 2009
So, some snake-void thing appears when you're about to die, and then gives you red eyes and powers? WHAT IN THE.

I understand nothing.

This show is trying to be like Baccano, magical snakes aside, except nothing makes sense. Also, there's no Ladd Russo.

And what's up with the monster story at the end?
May 31, 2014 10:56 PM

Nov 2009
Mormegil said:
So, some snake-void thing appears when you're about to die, and then gives you red eyes and powers? WHAT IN THE.

I understand nothing.

This show is trying to be like Baccano, magical snakes aside, except nothing makes sense. Also, there's no Ladd Russo.

And what's up with the monster story at the end?

Just connect everything that the anime has given so far. :3
When they reveal the biggest connection, then the rest will follow with understanding.
May 31, 2014 11:13 PM

Jan 2014
My god... Shaft... Why? Why must you do this to a beloved series? This was meant to be one of the saddest parts to the story/manga/PV's, but you just, go and butcher it with... THIS?!? Seriously... I thought after Nisekoi ended, they would drastically improve upon this series. This is just sad. And this is coming from someone who is a major fan of Kagerou Project.

Hopefully they improve upon their mistakes in the next episode. (Unlikely...)
May 31, 2014 11:28 PM

Nov 2012
holy shit, this was boring as hell.
May 31, 2014 11:28 PM

Jul 2012
DarkMoonWolf said:
Diran-kun said:
Pain_is_love said:
I am still not getting the plot so far.

You can't get what isn't there.

The biggest truth behind this crappy strange anime story
Diran-kun said:
Darkhur said:

It looks more like they expect people to read the manga/light novels to get that portion of the story.

Well, yeah, it is a mixed media project.

Funny reading this now, since just a few weeks ago the excuse was "You don't need to read the manga or the Light Novels. This will be explained in due time". Then again, seems I was right all along in declaring this show overrated not quite good, in fact somehow horrible bad a deception for all the hype created about it...

I haven't seen any of the MVs even though I have listened to the songs and I'm getting the plot so far. It manages, imo, to connect events very, very well.

Having said that, I don't know why people disliked today's entire episode because they apparently added some scenes from the music videos. I loved it, and teared up a lil' bit at the Ayano ending and I don't even know why. Probably the lyrics.
So, What do you think is on the other side?
May 31, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
wonder wha this new kids power is
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Jun 1, 2014 1:07 AM

May 2013
Hmm... So finally, things connect huh? And also, prepare tissues next week, I guess?
The world shall know the truth soon.
Jun 1, 2014 2:01 AM

Aug 2012
At Least we get to know a bit more about how they got their powers.
Jun 1, 2014 2:02 AM
Jan 2014
I don't really understand the ending that they put the illustration of light novel, manga and the song MV scene. Can someone please explain to me. I get confused now. I really don't understand the ending. Seriously. just please help and explain to me. Although I have read manga and the novel also hear the song and the meaning many times.. I still don't get it.
Jun 1, 2014 2:07 AM

May 2013
As expected, Shintarou would be surprised to see Ayano in the picture with the others.

Next episode is Ayano's. Looking forward to it.
Jun 1, 2014 2:32 AM

Jan 2009
1. Too much continuous dialogue.

2. Seriously, what's the point of all of them coming together in a group? These past episodes have been nothing but background info for each of the characters & some of their powers. What's the plot?

7/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Jun 1, 2014 2:41 AM

May 2010
I loved the beginning. So that's Kido's sister, seems like a strong person. God, nearly half of the episode took place at a single place, talk about saving budget...

So... he got his powers just like that? What about the multiple timelines? God, I don't care about this anime at all now. I am watching it just for the sake of completion. The songs and manga >>> Anime.

I did love anime version of Lost Time Memory and my ShinAya moments though. Ayano without scarf <3 The PV was just... ugh... It is like they are trying to say that the manga is from another timeline and it's better so just go read it. Bleh.

P.S. The anime will answer questions I heard... Now who's gonna explain the snake-like Mary... Seriously, is Mari a villain-like being too, now?
TragicRomanceJun 1, 2014 3:03 AM
Jun 1, 2014 3:05 AM

Apr 2009
As someone new to the series, I actually really liked this ep. I like the abstractness and mystery of what's going on. I'm still confused about alot of things, but so are most new watchers.

I thought the ending was really cool too how they incorporated the manga panels. It was very different and I personally enjoyed it. Seems like most people on crunchyroll comments really liked it too. I don't think it was lazy or poorly done as people here keep mentioning. Not sure why it's getting so much hate
Jun 1, 2014 3:44 AM

Feb 2012
why are people confused at this?

from what I gathered from this episode, when people enter the daze, they go in pairs. only one person can escape, the person that escapes gets the eye powers

Ayano entered the Daze alone, and in this episode we see Shintaro enter it, now that we have a pair (these two), only one can escape it, which is Shintaro. this would explain why Ayano could never escape the daze, but communicate with those that enter it (eg. Hibiya)

this also explains why in episode 4, when Hibiya asks who's hero Ayano was, there's no reply. because she entered the daze alone

The reason Ene and Konoha entered the daze and both came back, is obviously because they lost their original bodies, having them be the sacrifice to escape and gain powers.

er, as for Marry, I assume she's the one who's been giving everyone their powers when they entered the Daze o-o

this is my theory, and I don't think it counts as spoilers since everything I said has been in the anime so far, just gotta piece it together I guess ._.

as for the ED, I think they were using this, to show us that the order that the whole Franchise works chronologically is: Songs-Manga-Light Novel-Anime, and Shintaro remembering every single route that has happened so far.
smilewolfyJun 1, 2014 3:52 AM
Jun 1, 2014 4:12 AM

Apr 2014
The PV for LTM was cool, but also lazy on Shaft's behalf. I like that they revamped the bridge scene between Ayano and Shintaro though. Not sure if gusta the singing, and the foetus was creepy as hell. I sure as hell hope that isn't the only bit of Outer Science we get.

Yay Hibiya and Seto are back!! I missed those guys...

It's good that they expanded on the eye powers, that was fun. Needed more Ene though, what is Kano doing to her?!

Question: is this series 11 or 12 episodes? 'Coz I don't know how they're gonna fit this all into 3 more episodes, without major rushing or a second season. And as much as I hate the idea of it, I think Outer Science would be a good ending for this anime. Stands it out a bit more, y'know?

Wasn't as good as last episode, in both terms of enjoyment and animation.

On an important note, a distinct lack of Konoha this episode. Where is Konoha?

I need more Konoha fanservice, geddemit.
Jun 1, 2014 4:16 AM

Apr 2014
Why is this series only going to have 12 episodes :( I want it to last 4 evarrrrrrrrrr!
Jun 1, 2014 5:17 AM

Jan 2014
Couldn't have made the lack of effort and budget any more obvious as with that song sequence. Reusing old artworks and manga panels!? WTF!?

First time I'd actually preferred another studio than Shaft to be in charge of a series.

At least I'm still interested what happened and will happen to Ayano and what's up with that airheaded Mary.
Jun 1, 2014 5:29 AM

Jul 2012
Well all of his memories are back at least. I wonder what he will do next?

Great episode!!!
Jun 1, 2014 6:42 AM
Dec 2013
billybob300c said:

2. Seriously, what's the point of all of them coming together in a group? These past episodes have been nothing but background info for each of the characters & some of their powers. What's the plot?

7/10

so you give an episode a 7 out of 10 when you can't understand shit. well thats pretty sad, altho its a bit confusing but every explanation is there you just have to open your eyes
Jun 1, 2014 7:43 AM

Mar 2014
While everyone's talking about the ending, I'm pretty sure the opening changed a little bit again? They keep changing it. xD

Anyway, I thought this was going to be a sad episode, but they shoved where the episode was named after in the last few minutes. Didn't feel the feels.

At least some stuff was explained, but not that much action this episode.

Ah, next week is Ayano's song! I guess that'll explain why she suicided.

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” —Ging
Jun 1, 2014 7:44 AM

Feb 2011
If they got Kayano Ai to sing Ayano's Theory of Happiness that would be so beautiful I'd probably flood tears for a week till the next ep comes out ;w;
Jun 1, 2014 7:57 AM

Dec 2010
It was a great episode for me, the worst part is how long we must to get further into the story, as it didn't progress much this time around.

Did Kano kill Ene? Hopefully,she was a real bitch. Jk, lol.
Jun 1, 2014 8:55 AM

Dec 2013
icek93 said:
billybob300c said:

7/10

so you give an episode a 7 out of 10 when you can't understand shit. well thats pretty sad, altho its a bit confusing but every explanation is there you just have to open your eyes

Thats MAL for ya. "The pacing sucks, theres no plot, the animation is bad and I dont like any of the characters" = 9/10 will keep watching

On that note I'm done with this show. It tries so hard to be super interesting and deep but ends up being laughably bad. I cant believe I got to 8 episodes. Bunch of uninteresting characters talking talking talking with no kind of 'catch' to make you interested 8 episodes in.

What a waste of time.
Jun 1, 2014 8:57 AM

Dec 2009
Jun 1, 2014 9:12 AM

Oct 2013
E_1999 said:
icek93 said:
billybob300c said:

7/10

Thats MAL for ya. "The pacing sucks, theres no plot, the animation is bad and I dont like any of the characters" = 9/10 will keep watching

On that note I'm done with this show. It tries so hard to be super interesting and deep but ends up being laughably bad. I cant believe I got to 8 episodes. Bunch of uninteresting characters talking talking talking with no kind of 'catch' to make you interested 8 episodes in.

What a waste of time.

So you're just like that guy who didn't understand anything, but at least he's trying harder than you are!

But yeah, if you're looking for your generic anime (bland characters, point A to point B kill the bad guy plot, and half of every episode a fight scene) than yes, it's not for you. But you could've seen all that with the first episode
Jun 1, 2014 9:50 AM

Dec 2013
ulfserkr said:
E_1999 said:
icek93 said:
billybob300c said:

7/10

What a waste of time.

So you're just like that guy who didn't understand anything, but at least he's trying harder than you are!

But yeah, if you're looking for your generic anime (bland characters, point A to point B kill the bad guy plot, and half of every episode a fight scene) than yes, it's not for you. But you could've seen all that with the first episode

You are too much. You think watching SHAFT crap with 'mysterious' (one of them has white hair and barely speaks these characters are not bland at all!) teenagers doing nothing makes you a special boy huh. Good job trying to attack my tastes (incorrectly) when you obviously have zero standards.

People who watch any crap just to add more entries on MAL are too funny. I'm sure it'll all be worth it once its finished. Keep watching :-)
sayonara_sekaiJun 1, 2014 9:55 AM
Jun 1, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2010
Best episode so far, now felt SHAFT factor that always differs from other works, sending Shimbu well, just think he missed more elements of the original MV in the end, but show a few pages of the manga was great, and the next episode will be painful; ;
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the
Jun 1, 2014 10:43 AM

Nov 2013
E_1999 said:

What a waste of time.

In the words of Princess Chaika Trabant (Hitsugi no Chaika):
THE SHOCKING TRUTH!!!

Anyway I'll admit that I probably must be masochistic since even though I can't see any real value in this anime (reason why I rate it 2/10) I still continue on watching in the daring hope this somehow will still be able to create some kind of plot or story development, and the snake monster eyes crap end up making sense...

I still can't understand crap about a monster snake that creates a world for the family, the granddaughter girl that resets time every couple of years, how someone that is gonna die ends up in a world where only one can leave, why only "couples" enter in this world just because they are about to die, how can they leave this world, how the girl who suicides as anything to do with this so called monster, if the girl is the one who suicides how the neet ends up with the eyes, what the relation between this snake eyes and the professor that adopted the kids, and so on....

Basically, long story short, either I'm really, really, really dumb, or this crap doesn't make any sense at all.... so yeah....
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

Jun 1, 2014 11:20 AM

Feb 2008
For someone who's never read the manga or the LN, this is a tremendous anime. It really is.

Maybe it's just me, but I got the impression that Ayano is in Marry? I have no idea. I could be totally wrong about that, but it seemed to imply that heavily, or that those two have some connection.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2014

170 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.