Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 28, 2014 9:32 PM

Aug 2013
Their memories (except Shiro's) were probably tampered so you'd think it's probably the Warbeast guys but why do I get the feeling that Kurami and the elf girl are the perpetrators here? Sora's probably already aware of what was happening and for all we know, there's probably already a game on the way with the conditions affecting Shiro and company. Must have something to do with othello? They wouldn't zoom in on it if it wasn't relevant...maybe.

Takuan_Soho said:

Speaking of which, my first exposure to "beastgirls" was Thunder Cats (ah Cheetara!), so this isn't something new :-)

Mumm-ra scared the hell out of me. Ahh childhood memories...
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 28, 2014 9:34 PM

Apr 2012
such a good anime but now i need 2 wait another week :(

that bit at the end 0.0
May 28, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
-Stratus- said:
Yep... I've repeated it a lot of times,... Day 19, is the game 'Go?', I've speculated that a higher rank interrupted the game or it is Tet.. xD (I just don't get to why why Day 19 is important.. xD
This just proves my deductive skills ain't that good enough... But still thanks! I'll put myself into deeper thinking

The game is othello (or reversi), not go, only bringing this up because go is a different game (and far more complex). Small tidbit is that I used to play othello a lot as a kid and never knew it was invented in japan until much much later; then again I didn't know that the transformers was Japanese until I was an adult as well. Shows how provincial (i.e. American) my upbringing was!

Speaking of which, my first exposure to "beastgirls" was Thunder Cats (ah Cheetara!), so this isn't something new :-)

I think the only importance of the 19th is that it tells us that Shiro has missed a day (since her tablet says the 21st).

But still through that I 'm no near to the real question... xD What happened? Thanks anyway.. Imma read how Othello works and see a possibility that would link them up.!
May 28, 2014 9:37 PM

Mar 2013
ugh Madhouse your doing so good this season, with the current hunter x hunter episode and this show ;]! For people confused there were alot of hints towards the end.
May 28, 2014 9:43 PM
Oct 2012
-Stratus- said:
But still through that I 'm no near to the real question... xD What happened? Thanks anyway

Well I am not a reater (reader + cheater, SAO joke, you know I love you all), so I can only guess. But personally I think that far from Sora being taken away and everyone's memory altered, wouldn't it be easier if Shiro was spirited away? Then no one's memories would have to be altered.

Anyway, I think that Shiro is being given her chance to shine, which would be fine with me, she is by far the most undeveloped character, so giving her a chance to prove her mettle would be a good plot development.
May 28, 2014 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
Takuan_Soho said:
-Stratus- said:
But still through that I 'm no near to the real question... xD What happened? Thanks anyway

Well I am not a reater (reader + cheater, SAO joke, you know I love you all), so I can only guess. But personally I think that far from Sora being taken away and everyone's memory altered, wouldn't it be easier if Shiro was spirited away? Then no one's memories would have to be altered.

Anyway, I think that Shiro is being given her chance to shine, which would be fine with me, she is by far the most undeveloped character, so giving her a chance to prove her mettle would be a good plot development.

True- it's more efficient in letting Shiro be the one transported away- giving the name "Fake End."
May 28, 2014 10:11 PM

Dec 2011
Every time i watch this.....make me wants more.I guess the anime will ends with the volume 3 of the LN and can't wait for next chapter
May 28, 2014 10:32 PM

May 2013
its been a very long while thats an anime could left me speechless for the whole 24 minute, i was so concentrated on this that i didnt know it myself

This is just so awesome the thrill the cleverness the depth of this anime is such magnificient!!!!!!!

this is a true true masterpiece yet
May 28, 2014 10:39 PM
Apr 2010
I half want to read this thread for what's gonna happen, while the other half doesn't want spoilers. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

But yeah, FKING GREAT EP!!!
May 28, 2014 10:48 PM

May 2013
So the Warbeasts doesn't have mind reading abilities. Izuna was so cute. Though I like Shiro more. It really is thanks to the previous king that Sora has figured out the Warbeast's tactics. I got goosebumps when top scores showed up behind Sora and Shiro.
What happened to Sora? Disappearing like that. Promising to Shiro and all.

Things got really good! This never disappoints me.
May 28, 2014 11:10 PM

Dec 2013
1. That great ending, this is amazing move!
2. What is Sora do? I'm confunted now...
3. Izuna, Izuna, Izuuuunaaaa!
4. Yu-Gi-Oh refrence kick ass!
May 28, 2014 11:29 PM

Aug 2012
This episode is an instant legend.

And I assume the next one will also be.
May 28, 2014 11:55 PM
Jan 2012
ichii_1 said:
That detective conan reference, desu ;)

Oh man the detective conan reference. I want to have gif of that. I'll probably have to go back and take a few screen shots.
May 29, 2014 12:26 AM

Nov 2010
Dat Hyouka reference with Jibril's 'kininarimasu' XDD

Just love it :)
May 29, 2014 12:28 AM
May 2014
for mekashix I think is better for us to not know the LN/VN and enjoy the TV anime.

I believe Sora will come back, this episode is good, and I'm waiting for the next episode.
May 29, 2014 12:28 AM

Aug 2012
Holy hell wtf just happen at the end?!?
May 29, 2014 12:40 AM

Sep 2011
Wow. That was truly amazing—the explanations—no, the entire episode was fantastic; surprising me each and every week. Sora disappearing at the end had me utterly confused. Maybe he somehow went back to the real world or the game has begun since he was talking about getting the "Final Piece".
May 29, 2014 12:51 AM

Jan 2014
Damn Sora, Shiro's not the only one so intelligent. Amazing!
OMG. Wonder what will happen in the next episode. n___n
The preview sure is intriguing... What will happen to Sora?
May 29, 2014 12:58 AM

Feb 2014
Sora's disappearance is probably part of the game or like Jubril said earlier episode it requires a lot of energy keep the two in this world, maybe that is failing.
May 29, 2014 1:34 AM

Apr 2014
The ep was great. Now I can't wait to watch ep 9. Only 4 episodes to go... I hope that this anime will be faithful till the end.
May 29, 2014 1:57 AM

Jan 2014
Amazing episode.

I love Jibril's reactions and comments :3. Her quarrel with Hatsuse was so damn funny.

His interaction with the werebeasts was hilarious and awesome.

And wow, dat ending was just... How am I supposed to wait another week!?
May 29, 2014 1:57 AM

Mar 2014
Well that ending was unexpected. Can't wait for the next episode
May 29, 2014 2:09 AM

May 2010
Quite a coincidence that they call video games "video games" in the other world as well, if you know what I mean. Just when I came to like Sora and Shiro combo... Seriously, sometimes their "OPness" is too OP for me.

But I am glad that they are including Dora and Jibril in their games. Yet again, I am watching this show for the characters other than main duo. This episode proved how selfish they can be that they will go as far as betting other peoples' lives for their own purposes. Sure these purposes aim for a more national advantage. Sure they are gonna win and sure once they do, they will be considered almighty but I can't take it. Count me out of the "They are so coo!" group. Maybe, I too began to think that way too but not anymore.

8/10 for the overly done 'we know it all'. I did like the last scene and the ED without Sora. Looks like he is planning something.
May 29, 2014 2:26 AM
Jul 2018
TragicRomance said:
Quite a coincidence that they call video games "video games" in the other world as well, if you know what I mean. Just when I came to like Sora and Shiro combo... Seriously, sometimes their "OPness" is too OP for me.

But I am glad that they are including Dora and Jibril in their games. Yet again, I am watching this show for the characters other than main duo. This episode proved how selfish they can be that they will go as far as betting other peoples' lives for their own purposes. Sure these purposes aim for a more national advantage. Sure they are gonna win and sure once they do, they will be considered almighty but I can't take it. Count me out of the "They are so coo!" group. Maybe, I too began to think that way too but not anymore.

8/10 for the overly done 'we know it all'. I did like the last scene and the ED without Sora. Looks like he is planning something.

Why must people always nitpick so much? Though I agree, this show can be considered both be plot driven and character driven.
May 29, 2014 2:33 AM

Apr 2013
And people call Sora a NEET with such negotiation tactics. whew...
May 29, 2014 2:34 AM

Jul 2013
Sora disappeared? I guess since it seems that only Shiro can remember him, it is some kind of game where Shiro has to find him or something... now who is he playing such a game with? especially considering even shiro isn't aware of said game... and what are the bets? geh, now I want to watch the next episode xD
For those who seek perfection, there can be no rest on this side of the grave.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
May 29, 2014 2:41 AM

Jul 2012
Wow, Shiro has suddenly gone poof. Really did not expect that.
Tom's Hardware graphics veteran++ (Legacy)
i7 6700K@4.0 GHz, ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, RTX 2080, G. Skill RipJaws V 3200MHz 16GB,
Noctua NH-D15, CorsairRM 850x, Win10x64, 1920x1080

MyAnimeList!
May 29, 2014 2:42 AM
Mar 2014
Since I was expecting a full game, thought this episode was--though coupled with some laughs here and there (8:14 gets me all the time)--pretty meh, until... That. Fucking. Cliffhanger.

Once again, looking forward to the next episode. Pretty sure this week would feel longer than other weeks, though...

Also, loving Jibril more and more.
May 29, 2014 3:14 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was really damn interesting to hear but dat ending was really out of nowhere o.o

the only problem I have with this show is having to wait a week for every episode, I want more dammit :>
May 29, 2014 3:15 AM
Aug 2013
Loved that cliffhanger, and the thing they did with the ending. And i believe that what happened at the end was that the warbeasts couldnt have shiro telling anyone about the game, so they had to erase everyones memories of him until the game is finished. But thats just a theory. I haven't read the manga.
May 29, 2014 3:41 AM

Sep 2011
Wait what? I don't get the last part.

May 29, 2014 3:42 AM

Apr 2014
This show is just... something else entirely...
I say "I'm speechless" to tell you I want to say something though am not sure how...
May 29, 2014 4:10 AM
Jul 2018
I'm confused,wtf happened in this episode ?

7/10 ok episode.
May 29, 2014 4:13 AM

Dec 2012
That Conan reference! And that Yu-gi-oh reference!!

It will be interesting to see them apart, but I can pretty much call every possible outcome from it, so it won't really be that interesting after all.

I hope it really is a video game, would mean I've got more chances of figuring the game out which I usually don't.
The 2002 Tokyo Mew Mew adaptation is not as great as you remember it being.
May 29, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
Tennouji_ said:
Wait what? I don't get the last part.

Not wanting to give off any kind of major spoilers, let's just say that everything that is happening is..... planned!!

If you really don't care for spoilers, and want a few tips (not the spoilers per say, but some clear clues) of what is happening, then click here

Spoilers, Spoilers!! Next episode you will all find out, so until then, please present your theories.
(Of course those who have read the LN must be extremely careful not to give too much info - for example I only used the data everyone knows so far, never really saying what really happened)

Edit: adding image link
DarkMoonWolfMay 29, 2014 4:46 AM
Personal tastes are like peoples behinds, each one has its own,
and only those who wants to find [...] will smell one another.

May 29, 2014 4:21 AM

Nov 2013
jfturku said:
I'm confused,wtf happened in this episode ?

7/10 ok episode.

Sora discovered how the warbeasts were always able to win; they cheat but since video games and cyber space is unknown to other races the warbeasts can cheat all they want without getting caught.
Now if Sora leaves and tells the elves, for example, about this the warbeasts will be exposed and will not be able to have easy victories.
The warbeasts are now in a position where they HAVE to accept Sora's challenge and try to win to erase his memories. Basically he cornered them.

That's pretty much the gist of what happened. Other than that, specifically what happened to Sora, I have no idea either.
May 29, 2014 4:51 AM

Jun 2008
DarkMoonWolf said:

Ponder on this situation. If he kept saying they were late, if he said he was waiting for something not from Eastern Federation, but instead from someone with more backbone, and if he said that he was getting the final piece.... what did he meant?

Actually, to me, it seemed like he was talking about "someone with more backbone than the protesters", and noe about someone with more backbone than the EU.

So - "Let the people who don't have the guts to challenge us whine all they want."
"More importantly they are late. It's been a week."
St - steph goes and taks about how it takes time to prepare for the bet for the EU's entire continent.
So - "Yup. So before that... I'm waiting for someone with more backbone."
"They are finally here"

That's roughly what was said. (I pretty much skipped Steph's part, to show how what Sora said can have double meanings).
May 29, 2014 5:09 AM

Nov 2013
GreenDrag said:

So - "Let the people who don't have the guts to challenge us whine all they want."
St - steph goes and taks about how it takes time to prepare for the bet for the EU's entire continent.
"They are finally here"

That's roughly what was said. (I pretty much skipped Steph's part, to show how what Sora said can have double meanings).

That's why I said this was a clear clue for understanding what was going on... plus, it's funny to play with theories this way, someone throws a decisive clue, and everyone must try to figure out what that clue means...

Also I edited the message so the clues would stay inside a spoilers tag in order to avoid teasing those that do not wish to be teased, it's bad to just throw the clues for those that do not wish to know....

May 29, 2014 5:16 AM

Jun 2008
DarkMoonWolf said:
GreenDrag said:

"They are finally here"

That's why I said this was a clear clue for understanding what was going on... plus, it's funny to play with theories this way, someone throws a decisive clue, and everyone must try to figure out what that clue means...

Also I edited the message so the clues would stay inside a spoilers tag in order to avoid teasing those that do not wish to be teased, it's bad to just throw the clues for those that do not wish to know....

Ultimately, all we're doing is saying what already happened. You're not getting teased much, by getting what you already saw repeated, hell most people, who don't want to get spoiled, don't even come onto these forums.
May 29, 2014 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Epicness in its pure state, it seems to see a lucid madness.
Plot that does not lose the enamel seen from the beginning, the story is hilarious and at the same time deadly serious.
The drawings, however, fell in several places, I hope Madhouse remake them from scratch in the BD version.
Very fitting the new ending, who knows what will happen eventually.
This episode has amused me very much, I can not wait to see the next episode.

Izuna is so hilarious and cute!
May 29, 2014 5:55 AM

Nov 2013
GreenDrag said:
Ultimately, all we're doing is saying what already happened. You're not getting teased much, by getting what you already saw repeated, hell most people, who don't want to get spoiled, don't even come onto these forums.

ahahaha you are probably missing a point dude... I know what really happened so I'm the one who wants to tease those who don't know...

So I'm trying my best to help allow those who don't know to create their theories, that's why I tried not say much, but, after reading all the pages of this thread I understand that most people either want spoilers, clues for understanding, or are just biting their nails trying to figure out the situation..

All the spoilers that follow were already said before on this thread, so if you join them with the clues I gave from before, a solution is clear:

If even joining all the clues from before you are still unable to understand, and you really want some true spoilers, then open this bracket (DO NOT OPEN THE FOLLOWING BRACKET UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT TO KNOW WHAT REALLY HAPPENED):
DarkMoonWolfMay 29, 2014 7:09 AM

May 29, 2014 6:07 AM
Nov 2009
The ending made me go Wtf? I thought the file was corrupted or something then I realized the title of this episode was "Fake End" lol.

I wonder what happened to Sora and why Dola doesn't remember him. Good episode.
May 29, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2008
Waiting one week for a new episode of Black Bullet? No problem!
Waiting one week for a new episode of Hitsugi no Chaika? No problem!
Waiting one week for a new episode of Mahouka? No problem!

Waiting one week for a new episode of No Game No Life? What the hell?!?! Are you kidding me?!?!? Give me all episodes at once! NOW! And announce a second, third and fourth season and give me all those episodes too!
May 29, 2014 6:45 AM

Jun 2012
Wut just happened at the end?? Did Sora lose a game?
May 29, 2014 6:46 AM

Apr 2008
dragonlight said:
Wut just happened at the end?? Did Sora lose a game?

No, the game just started.
May 29, 2014 6:49 AM

Jan 2014
I din't really understood what just happened ; u ;
The ending left me dumbfonded though. IT WAS SUCH A GOOD EPISODE.
POOR SHIRO. THE ED made a huge impact on me. It wasn't that necessary but necessary at the same time since it just tells how import shiro/sora's relastionship are.
Can't wait for the next episode-
ArisaQJul 5, 2015 11:07 AM
May 29, 2014 6:49 AM

Aug 2012
Thread Cleaned of spams.

Spam:
  • Content without any purpose, coherency or relevance whatsoever.
  • Off-topic posts that derail a thread from its original topic.
  • Chatting with other users. Please use your profiles, PMs, or our IRC channel for this purpose.
  • Reaction images/videos and other images with no relevance to the discussion.
  • Quote-chaining (with or without +1/I agree/this/yes/lol/ type comments).

Furthermore, there are a lot of posts that contains spoilers. It's a correct move to put them under spoiler tags of course, but the amount of those posts is overwhelming. Please use your profiles or PMs for those discussions from this point.

While some people do benefit from some user's spoilers and spoilers requests, others don't; they are even afraid to read to posts of this thread due to that.
May 29, 2014 7:10 AM
Jun 2012
Usually I don't post on the forums, but I have read the light novel and I know exactly what happens. I won't post a spoiler but if anybody really wants to know what happened to Sora and everyone pm me and I will explain.
May 29, 2014 7:15 AM

May 2014
Shhh_Im_Hidingz said:
Usually I don't post on the forums, but I have read the light novel and I know exactly what happens. I won't post a spoiler but if anybody really wants to know what happened to Sora and everyone pm me and I will explain.

I have read on in the past to find out what happens in other animes an now read the manga an watch the anime of them but with this im sticking with the anime im just loving it so much
May 29, 2014 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
Wow what they did with the End credits creeped me out xD, It's amazing they would do that, it wasn't necessary but it made a huge impact on a lot of people xD
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 14, 2014

705 by Bienard »»
May 12, 6:30 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.