Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
May 25, 2014 4:40 AM

Jan 2011
Livi really can be scary at times.
May 25, 2014 4:43 AM

Oct 2013
Even though it's not a high budget film, I really enjoyed it a lot. One of the best this season.
May 25, 2014 6:01 AM

Mar 2014
Well that escalated quickly. I'm wondering what Bardwin did to cause this kind of reaction from Livi, this could be more than jealousy.

So maybe I missed it but where did the blood come from? That made it a bit too dramatic
May 25, 2014 6:33 AM

Dec 2012
I think Livi's uncle actually cares for him, he did what he did to Nike to test what kind of girl Nike is, to see if she truly cares for him...and Nike actually realised it at that bed scene..Livi's timing was just too bad...

don't worry, i know IMG tags are turned off...i'm just lazy to change my sig... xD
May 25, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2014
Livi was.. SCARY! I didn't get the same feeling I always got whenever a new ep is out. This ep is kinda sad. I was looking forward to the next ep for two weeks! and I see this? Ahh.. I hope it would go back to what it was before.
May 25, 2014 7:13 AM

Mar 2010
lol why was there blood. when livi pulled nike's hair.... well scary ending.
May 25, 2014 7:25 AM

Jul 2013
I know y'all gonna say that he's just a kid but damn Livi's being such an asshole towards Nike here. While I understand his jealousy I hate how he treated Nike like an object instead of a human being.

For a Sun king he has quite a huge self-esteem issue. If I have to guess why he hates Bard so much, it's probably because he took a bath with him once and saw how huge Bard's dick is compared to his tiny little wiener
May 25, 2014 8:02 AM

Sep 2007
NO THE TORTUROUS CLIFFHANGER! And it was hard enough for me to get through last week's "break"
OTL

I mean....even though you know it's all gonna be solved in the end it's the "how" that is so interesting in this series. And it's got me hooked yet again.
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
May 25, 2014 10:31 AM

Oct 2012
"Stop looking like you're drawn on paper."
"What does that mean?"
"It means you look thin."

Nike sure did lose quite some weight there! Just look how big her old clothes is to her now!

Then there's Livi's uncle Prince Bard who seemed to be trying to make moves on Nike since the last episode's PV up until the scene in the bedroom when Nike told him off... He's actually just making sure that Nike wouldn't betray Livi or something, in other words, checking if she is fit for his nephew especially as he is the Sun King. Bard probably thought that the way he provoked Nike would be the best way to test her since people could put up a facade if he acted all nice to that certain someone who his nephew AND Sun King (or rather the Sun King AND nephew) thinks of dearly.

Maybe Livi's attitude towards Bard this episode had something to do with their past and with trust issues(?). And maybe the effect of that event in the past made Livi want to make Nike stay away and not get too involved with Bard thus his reaction in the ending part. A cliffhanger in the end! Ugh! And now, we have yet to wait another week :3

Mod Edit: Color changed to black
ZelotJun 5, 2014 2:23 PM
May 25, 2014 12:14 PM
Feb 2013
OOOOHHHH, Livi gone yandere, and now Nike gets grounded.......like, that's gonna stop her.
May 25, 2014 12:21 PM

Aug 2013
Oh my that ending ........ I'm dying from cliff hunger already ;___;

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
May 25, 2014 1:01 PM

Dec 2011
Belly dancing... clearly the most important skill that Nike needs in order to seduce and entertain Livius lol.

LOL, that's really a big haul, leaving the owner without any prizes.

Livius reminded me of Natsuki-chan from Strike the Blood XD, dressed like a girl and all.

That uncle of his sure is annoying >.>

I kinda guessed that he was testing Nike to see if she's fit to be Lvius's queen.

Damn... Livius really went full psycho and I can't blame him to be honest....

Meh, both Nike and Bardwin got what they deserved I guess.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
May 25, 2014 1:51 PM

May 2014
After meditating the climax of this episode for a relatively short moment I came to a conclusion: An absolutely cool anime character is a good hearted yet quiet person who literally can destroy the whole world around the one who finally makes him/her mad. Nothing new there. We have seen this in many series, but not in as many battle-manga -types as one might think; like, not in Naruto or One Piece.
May 25, 2014 2:55 PM

May 2009
Oh dear, Livi needs a hug and a kiss right now. Maybe on the bed.
May 25, 2014 3:00 PM

Jul 2010
Dat cliffhanger made the entire episode, looking forward to see the next week's episode.
May 25, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2013
Male yandere is hot

May 25, 2014 7:16 PM

Oct 2010
That glorious fury. I think somewhere deep down, this was the ending that I was hoping for. And Nike had it coming especially with that "Don't hurt him!" line at the end that sounded like some cheesy phrase the eloping women would shout when the guy was caught.

Being quirky and my-paced is fine, but there are definite responsibilities and principles that a queen must uphold, which Nike fails to understand. One of these is to be a pillar in supporting the king, and refrain from doing anything that would tarnish his image in the face of the public. Regardless of what compassionate reason they had in doing this, no one's going to take the time to hear their proclamations of innocence. What others and, most importantly, the enemies of the king will see is that this "mighty" Sun King can't even protect a country bumpkin girl from another guy. Imagine the effect that this would have on the Sun Kingdom, which already has a brewing opposition and insurgence.
May 25, 2014 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
Yandere flag triggered.
NYANPASU~!
May 25, 2014 8:56 PM

Jun 2013
:O
May 25, 2014 9:57 PM

May 2013
Don't mess up with the King. Its scary.

Phew, at least Nike is not fool but is too dense to know that Livi is jealous to Bard.
The world shall know the truth soon.
May 26, 2014 1:27 AM

Feb 2012
Livi has gone yandere mad!!! Scaaary shizit yo! Jealousy will seriously make you ugly!!
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
May 26, 2014 6:28 AM

Oct 2010
The preview kinda ruined the ending derp.
May 26, 2014 11:05 AM

Jun 2012
Well this episode nearly hit every single possible shoujo cliche.
Thanks a lot Obama.
May 26, 2014 11:20 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, Livi went totally berserk. He said some painful things right there huh, if I were Nike I would be totally angered. But I can kind of understand his feelings, to see the woman he loves in the bed with other man. (Despite the fact they were doing nothing.)
That blonde guy totally annoys me. From the very first second he appeared on screen
May 26, 2014 12:53 PM

Feb 2008
Wow, a rather intense finale. I am looking forward to the next episode, hopefully shedding some light to the situation.
May 26, 2014 2:39 PM

Feb 2012
Don't mess with Livi.
May 26, 2014 3:49 PM
Aug 2011
Ouch ouch ouch that ending was simply terrible.
I can believe when emotions get out of hand and anger rises but not the way it was done here. I almost thought he was joking because of how extremely out of hand it got.

Nike is the only likeable character in this. (Oh no wait, I like Neil too.)
Such a wonderful shoujo protagonist only to be brought down by the rest of the cast.
May 26, 2014 4:23 PM

Jan 2014
woah .. scary Livi :0
can't wait for the next eps
May 26, 2014 4:56 PM

Feb 2009
Personally, I liked the ending. We all know how threatening and scary Livi can be, it's been hinted at repeatedly, and Nike just got a glimpse in to that part of his personality. I really like Livi, I think he's a great character... Although Nike is my favourite.

I read ahead in the manga so I know what's gonna happen, but I'm still looking forward to it.
May 26, 2014 6:25 PM

Dec 2011
I really can't wait to see why Livi is being so impossibly unreasonable.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2011
Livi WHY!!!!!!!!! T___T
May 26, 2014 7:43 PM

May 2010
Maybe this "uncle" is his secret father or something.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
May 26, 2014 9:14 PM

Jun 2008
parfaited said:
Ouch ouch ouch that ending was simply terrible.
I can believe when emotions get out of hand and anger rises but not the way it was done here. I almost thought he was joking because of how extremely out of hand it got.

Nike is the only likeable character in this. (Oh no wait, I like Neil too.)
Such a wonderful shoujo protagonist only to be brought down by the rest of the cast.
Basically this.
May 26, 2014 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
This season's yandere guys brought to you by Balder (KamiAso) and Livi (SoreSeka)
damn boy, the jealousy is too much!
Nike is fantastic as always

Sakurai Takahiro's voicing a bishounen oji-san is always the best thing in this world, although I kinda dislike Bardwin

awww no tender rain this week ;o;
May 27, 2014 12:23 AM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
straggy said:
The end of that was so ridiculous that I'm still laughing. The fucking dramatic burst in, and the greyscale slow-mo with the random out of nowhere blood splatter, followed by the world's weirdest desperate shouting zoom out. That was literally so bad it was good.

Yeah that was pretty terrible. The drama was meh but that's not what made the last part "cringe worthy" as someone else said, but it was the way it was carried out. I thought I was seeing things when there was that blood splatter...or are we both mistaken? And I like Maeda Rena's voice so far, but wooow that "Livi LIVI LIVI" shouting at the end was just not very good. I guess you can tell from that part that she's not a very experienced VA.
May 27, 2014 1:50 PM

May 2014
A proper and brutal display of power without naivety or madness = awesomenessss. Though I guess, our little Livi being so young,this just might be some random foolishness which totally downgrades itself to an average and predictable anime situation.
May 27, 2014 2:28 PM

Jan 2011
oh no, why so much hate from Livi? Nike was shocked. O_o good decision to turn this into really serious circumstances! but it felt kinda rushed, how fast Livi has changed.
May 28, 2014 8:43 AM

Dec 2013
HowTragic said:
That glorious fury. I think somewhere deep down, this was the ending that I was hoping for. And Nike had it coming especially with that "Don't hurt him!" line at the end that sounded like some cheesy phrase the eloping women would shout when the guy was caught.

Being quirky and my-paced is fine, but there are definite responsibilities and principles that a queen must uphold, which Nike fails to understand. One of these is to be a pillar in supporting the king, and refrain from doing anything that would tarnish his image in the face of the public. Regardless of what compassionate reason they had in doing this, no one's going to take the time to hear their proclamations of innocence. What others and, most importantly, the enemies of the king will see is that this "mighty" Sun King can't even protect a country bumpkin girl from another guy. Imagine the effect that this would have on the Sun Kingdom, which already has a brewing opposition and insurgence.

Basically this. It doesn't matter how much one proclaims her innocence to the public. Dissenters will take this as fuel to either:
a) slate Livi, weakening his image and his hold on his kingdom,
b) slate the Uncle, in which case would try to pressure Livi into taking punitary action against the Uncle, otherwise it would show him to be a weak King who couldn't even punish the man who "apparently" bedded his wife.

For one thing, he already warned Nike in private not to go near the Uncle, that she ended up near him not once, but several times would make any one angry. It gives Livi the sad impression that Nike doesn't care much about his warnings or opinions anyway. Then to end up in a compromising position with the Uncle with witnesses, well that is even worse as it allows for rumors and such to spread.

In order to halt any such rumors and to perform damage control, Livi is stuck in an unenviable position to take drastic measures to protect his reputation, to quell any dissenting voices (both for and against the King/Uncle/Nike). It's a small wonder why he'd be angry, even discounting the "small" fact that he DID witness his own wife in bed with his Uncle.

In all, Nike's dick move has resulted in a lot more implications than just Livi's anger towards infidelity. He's practically the King of the world, there are a lot of politics involved in everything he and those around him does.
HESTIAAPPROVES
May 28, 2014 9:11 AM

Jan 2008
tingy said:

I thought I was seeing things when there was that blood splatter...or are we both mistaken?

I came to this topic for one and only reason and that's to reassure myself that I wasn't seeing things. Did he pull her hair that hard she started to bleed? My God, Livi, you monster.

I'm always happy when they dress Nike in something else than pink. Which, you know, doesn't compliment redheads AT ALL. I'd be happy if guys responsible for colouring clothes in anime finally got that one day.
May 28, 2014 6:13 PM
Jan 2012
Damn, shit got real lol.
May 28, 2014 9:09 PM

May 2014
I think his uncle had an affair with his mum or something just my 2cents.
May 28, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2009
Ciara said:
tingy said:

I thought I was seeing things when there was that blood splatter...or are we both mistaken?

I came to this topic for one and only reason and that's to reassure myself that I wasn't seeing things. Did he pull her hair that hard she started to bleed? My God, Livi, you monster.

I think he pulled her hair out and she bled, that was really abusive and I just didn't like it even more so because they'll soon forget. I know it's a fictional culture/situation and all but I would pack my bags immediately (yes, I know she's going to be locked up in a dungeon, just making a point) Livi can keep his complexes to himself. I like them together but that was cringeworthy and sad.
May 29, 2014 9:00 AM

Sep 2011
Don't mess with livi hahahaha that shite was mad crazy lol.

Moral of the story->Don't mess around with other man wife even for good & mind your own godamn business.
May 30, 2014 3:11 AM

Apr 2013
Livi was way too serious there.
May 30, 2014 5:40 PM
Nov 2012
HowTragic and L-Ryoshi ~SALUTE~

Nike lacks the etiquette of royalty and at time is ignorant of her husband's status and reputation. She's too navie and Livi was too lenient but right now she's really deserves his contempt.
May 30, 2014 7:02 PM

Aug 2013
Well, I can understood how he feel about it (well, not really since I never experianced it but you know... x) )
You know a joke goes too far when it start hurting peoples...

Anyway, I don't think that this guy is a bad guy, he's just someone that don't know how to deal with Livius and that whatever he will do, Livius will continue to hate him. He's also so shoujo as fuck that he have his own reserve of sparkle :P

He was scary at the end. Damn, Livius, you can be crazy sometime xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 31, 2014 3:18 AM
Aug 2013
i hated how Livi acted in this episode -_- not cool at all even at the end very hurtful
Jun 2, 2014 6:22 AM
Sep 2012
Well that ending went way over the top.
Jun 2, 2014 1:20 PM
Jan 2014
Anyone know how many episodes this anime will air for 12 or 24? I'm trying to find information on it since I'm curious into starting to watch this. Onegai
Jun 11, 2014 4:42 AM

Nov 2007
HOLY CRAP
the end. Livi genuinely had me freaked out. I was holding my breath and everything. Great ep.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

183 by minnaslay127 »»
Feb 17, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2014

72 by Dawizz »»
Feb 1, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

121 by Dawizz »»
Jan 31, 2023 12:13 AM

» My thoughts on the Ending Song

iLya - Dec 10, 2016

2 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:56 PM

» Livi and Nike ages range??

NajSuarez94 - Jul 22, 2014

7 by Dawizz »»
Jan 29, 2023 11:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.