Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 25, 2014 7:13 AM
Apr 2014
Ckan said:
I am immersed in this world. Something in it has touched me deeply in a way that cannot be explained. I cannot tear myself away from the depth of story and eye-widening action that takes place each episode. I cannot but cry at the moving exploits of our heroes and the injustices which have been inflicted.
When our protagonist strikes, my heart flutters. When he speaks, I cannot breath. His jokes crack my ribs; his worries fill me with dread, and his displeasure makes my bladder so loose.

Someone save me from Mahouka.

Quite a first rate poem you made for yourself, you really touched my heart :)
May 25, 2014 7:30 AM

Mar 2009
"I understand the parts about actualizing a Gravity Control Type Thermonuclear Fusion Reactor, and actualizing a Quasi-perpetual Motion Machine based on Infinite Inertial Expansion, but I can't figure out how to explain why General-purpose Flying Spells can't be actualized..."

Such pseudo-intellectual bullshit! Wow! Who in their right mind would write dialogue like that?! This show has to be a parody. Please tell me it's a parody, guys? Please?

"Once again, Brother, you've made the impossible possible!"

Yep. Definitely a parody.
May 25, 2014 7:44 AM

May 2014
Now I don't know if it's the subbers fault or the one writing the adaption,but I agree that adding the words Finally,would have indicated that Tatsuya has been working on Flying type magic for a sometimeand not in a sinlge day.

I think the hate on Tatsuya as a character comes from there are rare MC's like him and that most anime/LN's are populated by pathetic male MC's that are poor students and/or dense idiots that gets extremely nervous when they see a girl in her underwear.And that many of them are pathetic in fights.

The only thing I hate about Mahouka and Tatsuya is I can't enjoy old series that I was into before like Strike the Blood,Date a Live and other anime that has wimpy or idiotic MC's anymore.
May 25, 2014 7:48 AM
Apr 2014
darkreaperix said:
Now I don't know if it's the subbers fault or the one writing the adaption,but I agree that adding the words Finally,would have indicated that Tatsuya has been working on Flying type magic for a sometimeand not in a sinlge day.

I think the hate on Tatsuya as a character comes from there are rare MC's like him and that most anime/LN's are populated by pathetic male MC's that are poor students and/or dense idiots that gets extremely nervous when they see a girl in her underwear.And that many of them are pathetic in fights.

The only thing I hate about Mahouka and Tatsuya is I can't enjoy old series that I was into before like Strike the Blood,Date a Live and other anime that has wimpy or idiotic MC's anymore.

Strike the Blood, this is not your fight sempai fuckin Yukina every time.
May 25, 2014 7:55 AM

May 2014
AquaWateria said:
Strike the Blood, this is not your fight sempai fuckin Yukina every time.

I did enjoy it but after watching the first few eps and after I started reading the manga for Mahouka and the LN's I was like are you supposed to be the strongest vampire in the world???And you always let a middle school girl save you/fight for you??I couldn't finish it again,and it's all Mahouka's fault :)
May 25, 2014 8:10 AM

Apr 2012
Tatsuya is a miracle worker with magic
May 25, 2014 8:14 AM

Sep 2008
darkreaperix said:

Be it as it may, the point stands that in these 8 episodes Tatsuya has basically invented 2 things which were previously considered impossible or highly improbable.

People who complain about Tatsuya, myself included, do it because he is just too perfect COMPARED to everyone else.
I love, absolutely ADORE characters like Tatsuya, which are strong, smart and actually do shit instead of whining all the time.
But when the main character is strong, smart and decisive and everyone else is a retard it's hard to enjoy it. And that is, so far at least, this show.
Everyone else is having hard time doing anything and Tatsuya is perfect at everything.

But Tatsuya being basically god in human form is smallest issue I have with this show.
That is, however, a discussion for some other time :)
May 25, 2014 8:26 AM

May 2014
nina4life said:
Be it as it may, the point stands that in these 8 episodes Tatsuya has basically invented 2 things which were previously considered impossible or highly improbable.

People who complain about Tatsuya, myself included, do it because he is just too perfect COMPARED to everyone else.
I love, absolutely ADORE characters like Tatsuya, which are strong, smart and actually do shit instead of whining all the time.
But when the main character is strong, smart and decisive and everyone else is a retard it's hard to enjoy it. And that is, so far at least, this show.
Everyone else is having hard time doing anything and Tatsuya is perfect at everything.

But Tatsuya being basically god in human form is smallest issue I have with this show.
That is, however, a discussion for some other time :)

About Tatsuya inventing 2 things that are considered impossible,I don't consider flying type magic as impossible as it is being researched thoroughly in other countries,thought those researchers can't seem to perfect their theory.See next ep for more details about him being an inventor.

And he isn't perfect,he sucks at magic that course 1 students can do without even trying.
May 25, 2014 8:28 AM
Oct 2012
darkreaperix said:

Hummn, perhaps if you extended your animation viewing to more than just harem shows (Date A Life, Strike the Blood) perhaps you would see that there are better male characters out there who aren't super solder, magician, ninja, designer, engineer, scientist, special agent, able to block all magic (to date), able to solve all magical questions (to date), and seems to have the ability to resurrect all by the age of 16 type of characters.

While I agree that the "finally" would have been a nice touch (and not it wasn't there), I think the point above about how Tatsuya being smarter than the author is very true. Some explanation of how is vital at these moments, explain the insight, even if it is technobabble as to why Tatsuya figured it out. Otherwise this show risks becoming the equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh (whom I guess is another Darkreaperix strong male character) where the enemy has him pinned and Yu-Gi-Oh just HAPPENS (even though the card had never been mentioned before) to have the one card that allows him to turn the table and win.

Without some effort then it doesn't matter how strong the enemies are, because:
Enemy of the Week: "Hah, I have neutralized your soldier, magician, ninja, dematerializing magic, resurrection, flying, soccer playing, cast jamming powers, so prepare to die as I stick you with a pointy object."

Tatsuya: "Oh my bad, all physical attacks don't work on me. And I can shoot lasers out of my eyes."

Enemy of the Week: "When did you discover that?"

Tatsuya: "Oh, while you were talking, it is really easy when you think about it, can't imagine why no one has in the 100 years of magical research."
May 25, 2014 8:39 AM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:

Hummn, perhaps if you extended your animation viewing to more than just harem shows (Date A Life, Strike the Blood) perhaps you would see that there are better male characters out there who aren't super solder, magician, ninja, designer, engineer, scientist, special agent, able to block all magic (to date), able to solve all magical questions (to date), and seems to have the ability to resurrect all by the age of 16 type of characters.

While I agree that the "finally" would have been a nice touch (and not it wasn't there), I think the point above about how Tatsuya being smarter than the author is very true. Some explanation of how is vital at these moments, explain the insight, even if it is technobabble as to why Tatsuya figured it out. Otherwise this show risks becoming the equivalent of Yu-Gi-Oh (whom I guess is another Darkreaperix strong male character) where the enemy has him pinned and Yu-Gi-Oh just HAPPENS (even though the card had never been mentioned before) to have the one card that allows him to turn the table and win.

Enemy of the Week: "Hah, I have neutralized your soldier, magician, ninja, dematerializing magic, resurrection, flying, soccer playing, cast jamming powers, so prepare to die as I stick you with a pointy object."

Tatsuya: "Oh my bad, all physical attacks don't work on me. And I can shoot lasers out of my eyes."

Tatsuya: "Oh, while you were talking, it is really easy when you think about it, can't imagine why no one has in the 100 years of magical research."

Just got into harem last year with IS (I didn't even know what harem was).Some of my fave anime include Blood+,Blood C,Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles,Tokyo Ravens,a couple of mecha anime's like Gurren Langgan and Mazinkaiser.And for this season Mahouka and Black Bullet.

Your overestimating Tatsuya though he can't do everything,like what I pointed out he sucks at magic that course 1 students can do without even trying.

And I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh,I find it as a kids show :)

BTW should I keep on watching NGLG?I got disturbed by that kiss/exchanging oxygen? last ep.
May 25, 2014 8:44 AM
Oct 2013
The reason why Tatsuya is such a good engineer is mostly due to his natural born ability. Yes he is smart but reason why he is such a god engineer is his ability to read magic sequence and analyse it instantly coz of the ability he was born with. So it be like if some one was born with a brain that can preform complex mathamatic equation instantly in their head while others need a calculator.
May 25, 2014 8:48 AM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
darkreaperix said:

When did he shoot lasers out of his eyes, he basically used his CAD's to do that c'mon dude. You need to understand that Tatsuya is already strong in the beginning for a reason, in that little by little it's revealed on why/how he got to be this strong through his circumstances. Just like how you enjoy Sora in No Game No Life, I enjoy Tatsuya from Mahouka in which both are op in their own designated worlds.
May 25, 2014 8:50 AM
Oct 2012
darkreaperix said:
Your overestimating Tatsuya though he can't do everything ,like what I pointed out he sucks at magic that course 1 students can do without even trying.

Yes they have said that, but they have done nothing to show us that this default really matters. Right now regular magic appears as useful as playing the kazoo compared to what Tatsuya can do. Had they a scene where he is forced to fight using "normal magic" and gets his butt handed to him would go a long way towards making this show more interesting.

As for overestimating him. Where? He hasn't even been pressed in a fight yet.

darkreaperix said:
BTW should I keep on watching NGLG?I got disturbed by that kiss/exchanging oxygen? last ep.
Depends on how annoyed that makes you, NGNL will always have etchi scenes because that is what it is, but if you can overlook that, this week was a transition episode and had a nice touching scene with Steph's grandfather. Next week we are back to the insane games as Sora is off to conquer the kingdom of the furry eared females.
May 25, 2014 8:59 AM
Oct 2012
AquaWateria said:
When did he shoot lasers out of his eyes, he basically used his CAD's to do that c'mon dude.

Give Tatsuya some time, he figures out long sought for, nigh near impossible magics, before breakfast.

AquaWateria said:
You need to understand that Tatsuya is already strong in the beginning for a reason,

But he's a weed, he is weak in "real magic". Doesn't that count as SOMETHING? It doesn't? Then why even bring it up?

AquaWateria said:
in that little by little it's revealed on why/how he got to be this strong through his circumstances.

So little that in 8 episodes they haven't even started. This may be a personal bias, but I like shows that explain development going forward, not shows that recon everything.

AquaWateria said:
Just like how you enjoy Sora in No Game No Life, I enjoy Tatsuya from Mahouka in which both are op in their own designated worlds.

I never fault people's enjoyment, I do question the logic, plotting, pacing, and storytelling of the animation because the logic, plotting, pacing, character development and storytelling have all been lacking here.
May 25, 2014 9:09 AM

May 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Yes they have said that, but they have done nothing to show us that this default really matters. Right now regular magic appears as useful as playing the kazoo compared to what Tatsuya can do. Had they a scene where he is forced to fight using "normal magic" and gets his butt handed to him would go a long way towards making this show more interesting.

As for overestimating him. Where? He hasn't even been pressed in a fight yet.

Well for his dreams,normal magic is what he needs.Later volumes probably is what you are looking for,start with vol 9-11.But that is what I enjoy with Tatsuya's character he isn't a pushover in fights and I kind of compare him with Hei of Darker Than Black.Push Tatsuya by being a threat to Miyuki and without anyone looking,you die :)

for this arc for being pressed in a fight

Hmmm,probably will stay with NGNL for a couple more eps.Got disturbed because she looks like an elementary schoolgirl :)
May 25, 2014 9:12 AM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:

Give Tatsuya some time, he figures out long sought for, nigh near impossible magics, before breakfast.

Dude you guys are just saying this bullshit just for the sake of it. Even in anime perspective, given how he explained the problem in the Student Council Room, it was obvious that he was studying/researching it for some time. He was updated with th event and also knew the problems. But so many people ignore that just for the sake of complaining.

Takuan_Soho said:

I never fault people's enjoyment, I do question the logic, plotting, pacing, and storytelling of the animation because the logic, plotting, pacing, character development and storytelling have all been lacking here in my opinion.

There fixed it for you. Your opinion isn't fact and you are actually contracting yourself. Remember how you called the LN readers masochists earlier? Stop being a hypocrite and go back to watching NGNL. I couldn't enjoy it, got annoyed by it but hey, i am not wasting my time complaining about it.

May 25, 2014 9:21 AM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
AquaWateria said:
When did he shoot lasers out of his eyes, he basically used his CAD's to do that c'mon dude.

AquaWateria said:
You need to understand that Tatsuya is already strong in the beginning for a reason,

But he's a weed, he is weak in "real magic". Doesn't that count as SOMETHING? It doesn't? Then why even bring it up?

AquaWateria said:
in that little by little it's revealed on why/how he got to be this strong through his circumstances.

So little that in 8 episodes they haven't even started. This may be a personal bias, but I like shows that explain development going forward, not shows that recon everything.

AquaWateria said:
Just like how you enjoy Sora in No Game No Life, I enjoy Tatsuya from Mahouka in which both are op in their own designated worlds.

I never fault people's enjoyment, I do question the logic, plotting, pacing, and storytelling of the animation because the logic, plotting, pacing, character development and storytelling have all been lacking here.

See I like the way that Mahouka does it because unlike some other Anime's it doesn't start with a decent MC who later becomes OP through asspulls or hot blooded shounen training. And one thing also Mahouka contains a lot of characters which is why it takes time to develop each designated character. Which compared to No Game No Life that has a few characters, so it's easier to build the characters. As for now we've gotten a taste of Erika, Leo, Azusa, Mizuki, and even a bit of Mikihiko and as it goes further more characters will develop. All in all it just has to do with the person's preference and view which we both differ in. Also your complaints for Tatsuya can be said for both the protagonist of No Game No Life.
May 25, 2014 9:22 AM

May 2014
for Tatsuya's character
May 25, 2014 9:28 AM

Oct 2011
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
At least you admitted this isn't for you. You should probably marathon this in your spare time as Mahouka isn't action-centered anime. Not every anime is for everyone to watch and we all have different taste right?

darkreaperix said:
Marathon it,it's a bit slow waiting for eps per week,but you could find the story interesting by watching the season in 1 sitting.

I dropped Cap Earth by ep 5,just got bored with it,maybe I'll marathon it after it's season ends.

Well,I could marathon but I feel I should say something: Marathoning won't fix the main problem (to me) of this show,the characters.As long as the characters are entertaining to watch,it shouldn't matter how it's paced,how interesting the story is or how much action there is.I don't know if marathon will help my viewing experiences seeing how the characters won't change whether I'm watching one episode a week or 10 in one sitting.
My Devianart

Oh & Space Brothers is still the best anime ever,in my opinion.Even when competing with Attack on Titan.
May 25, 2014 9:33 AM
Jun 2010
Honestly, I sometimes wish they work with the writer to make up some scene of when Tatsuya was younger and the struggles he had to go through, and put them into the episodes as very brief flashbacks to correspond to certain scene of the episodes. I'm not talking about the war scene in the beginning of the series, but more of the training regiment he had to go through for his life and death training to be accepted as a capable guardian.

Too bad even the LN give us any information about the training he had to go through, since I'm quite curious about it. The only thing we know is, he had to go through hell. I can catch some glimpse of it base off of the other guardian.
May 25, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2011
Same o same o mahouka, i like the bit after the football game. Decent set up ep for the 9 schools competition. I always like tournament arc, can't wait for the battles.
May 25, 2014 9:39 AM

May 2014
JeddyVII said:
Well,I could marathon but I feel I should say something: Marathoning won't fix the main problem (to me) of this show,the characters.As long as the characters are entertaining to watch,it shouldn't matter how it's paced,how interesting the story is or how much action there is.I don't know if marathon will help my viewing experiences seeing how the characters won't change whether I'm watching one episode a week or 10 in one sitting.

Most mysteries especially in Tatsuya's character were revealed in later volumes,as well as a better presentation of the other characters and if MH gets better with the adaption,especially with Miyuki (like actually have some of her internal monologues so that she doesn't only look like a perverted imouto),it'll be better if you marathon the anime especially if you find it too slow paced or lacking in characterizations.
May 25, 2014 10:07 AM

Sep 2013
Ah, I knew the hidden badass was waiting for me. Are there more hidden badass moments to come, LN readers? Something a little more exciting to keep my eyes open next time, maybe?
- My creativity is plummeting. -
May 25, 2014 10:09 AM

Oct 2010
Spending 20min wondering what they're talking about hue.
May 25, 2014 10:26 AM
Feb 2013
That's some aerial ballet that Miyuki is doing.
May 25, 2014 10:30 AM
Aug 2012
Deiger1111 said:
Ah, I knew the hidden badass was waiting for me. Are there more hidden badass moments to come, LN readers? Something a little more exciting to keep my eyes open next time, maybe?

Yes there are...........plenty of them.

But about keeping your eyes open, don't know about that. I mean we are LN readers, not Mind Readers after all.

May 25, 2014 10:35 AM

Apr 2014
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Dude you guys are just saying this bullshit just for the sake of it. Even in anime perspective, given how he explained the problem in the Student Council Room, it was obvious that he was studying/researching it for some time. He was updated with th event and also knew the problems. But so many people ignore that just for the sake of complaining.

Takuan_Soho said:

I never fault people's enjoyment, I do question the logic, plotting, pacing, and storytelling of the animation because the logic, plotting, pacing, character development and storytelling have all been lacking here in my opinion.

There fixed it for you. Your opinion isn't fact and you are actually contracting yourself. Remember how you called the LN readers masochists earlier? Stop being a hypocrite and go back to watching NGNL. I couldn't enjoy it, got annoyed by it but hey, i am not wasting my time complaining about it.

What does NGNL have to do with how terrible this show is?
May 25, 2014 10:42 AM
Apr 2014
Z4k said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Takuan_Soho said:

What does NGNL have to do with how terrible this show is?

Why does your opinion matter as it's highly debatable.
May 25, 2014 10:55 AM
Jun 2013
Eh so far arc 2 is only meh. As someone who didn't read the LN or the manga, I think that Mahouka is pretty okay, but not as special as all my manga/LN friends led me to believe. Of course, transition episodes are always not that exciting, so maybe it'll get better :)
May 25, 2014 11:39 AM
Oct 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I didn't call the LN readers masochists, I said that people who said that the first 3 novels sucked, but who continued to read the series, could be masochists. I am pretty sure that I made this distinction every time, you can check that on this thread I certainly did:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1185353&show=80

And even after that I said "this is a rant :-)" In particular I am ranting against certain fans who either say that people complaining lack patience (3 novels/8 episodes is more than being patient for a show that has given nothing to first time viewers) or who are missing all sorts of great information in the animation that as far as I can tell only exists in their heads.

So if you read the novels and enjoyed them I am not criticizing you. Furthermore I have gone out of my way on nearly every post to emphasize that I think the problem is with the adaption, not the novels.

As for this being my opinion. Again let me ask you, what is it about Tatsuya that you liked in the novels, and are they here in the adaption. Miyuki is another one. Do you think that either character is even average? Again take away the novels, base your opinion on only what has been shown because I don't think one can make a credible argument supporting that.

On the sale's prediction thread this animation in the last month it has dropped from 10K down to 5.7K, that is pretty objective evidence that this show has been horrific. One more month like this and it might even drop below 3K.
Takuan_SohoMay 25, 2014 11:43 AM
May 25, 2014 12:03 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

I didn't call the LN readers masochists, I said that people who said that the first 3 novels sucked, but who continued to read the series, could be masochists. I am pretty sure that I made this distinction every time, you can check that on this thread I certainly did:

And even after that I said "this is a rant :-)" In particular I am ranting against certain fans who either say that people complaining lack patience (3 novels/8 episodes is more than being patient for a show that has given nothing to first time viewers) or who are missing all sorts of great information in the animation that as far as I can tell only exists in their heads.

So if you read the novels and enjoyed them I am not criticizing you. Furthermore I have gone out of my way on nearly every post to emphasize that I think the problem is with the adaption, not the novels.

As for this being my opinion. Again let me ask you, what is it about Tatsuya that you liked in the novels, and are they here in the adaption. Miyuki is another one. Do you think that either character is even average? Again take away the novels, base your opinion on only what has been shown because I don't think one can make a credible argument supporting that.

On the sale's prediction thread this animation in the last month it has dropped from 10K down to 5.7K, that is pretty objective evidence that this show has been horrific. One more month like this and it might even drop below 3K.

I'll give you Miyuki so far but for Tatsuya I like his humbleness without being arrogant about his OPness. I also like his twisted humor, calm and intelligent personality. And the fact that his whole past is shrouded through mystery with the military and Yostuba clan keeps me interested just by watching the anime. So point proven. Anyways as for sales like I said many times will likely increase due to MadHouse finally gonna adapt all the competitions in this arc. Which many side characters are gonna shine in.
May 25, 2014 12:07 PM
Aug 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:

How did the first 2 LNs turn into first 3? You lost me there. Even if you mentioned the distinction, it was pretty vague and can be called insulting to most fans. Also you assumed too much. The LNs had plenty stuff to keep people interested, volume 8 gave us more insight on why Miyuki likes her brother so much. Moving on..........

Also the first 2 didn't suck but they were slow and the explanations can get boring for some people. For me it was the opposite, i liked the explanations, the character interactions, the mysteries and finished upto volume 8 (upto which was translated at that time) as quick as i could. The LN was not relying on introducing harem members for dense mcs or putting in blatant fanservice to make people like it like most LNs we see these days. As i said before, there are only 3 fanservice scenes in the entire first arc.

Yeah the problems lies with the adaptation, especially the cutting down of explanations of magic and monologues for the mcs and side characters. The show isn't perfect and maybe good at best......but some of you guys are hell bent on proving it's bad by over-analyzing every second of it and insulting the fans and source material whenever you get the chance. If you can't enjoy it then why stick around? We aren't forcing you to watch it, all we told you that it gets better later on. Even after so many episodes you can't enjoy it and fail to pick up the little hints here and there, then don't bother with the show, move on. It's a waste of your time.

I like Tatsuya for a lot of reason in the LN. I even see him someone similar to Batman(one of my favorite DC characters). But anime kept his monologues and expressions to a minimum which really hurts his character. As for the sales, they will pick up during arc 2 and 3. Even if they don't more people will get into the LN or learn about it. That's the main strategy of LN adaptations these days anyway.

May 25, 2014 12:14 PM

Feb 2012
AquaWateria said:
I'll give you Miyuki so far but for Tatsuya I like his humbleness without being arrogant about his OPness. I also like his twisted humor, calm and intelligent personality. And the fact that his whole past is shrouded through mystery with the military and Yostuba clan keeps me interested just by watching the anime. So point proven. Anyways as for sales like I said many times will likely increase due to MadHouse finally gonna adapt all the competitions in this arc. Which many side characters are gonna shine in.
Keep telling yourself that, doesnt change the fact thats is under performing and the sales are dropping every day. People expected it to sell as much as SAO, when in reality it wont even sell a quarter of it.
May 25, 2014 12:18 PM
Aug 2012
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:
Keep telling yourself that, doesnt change the fact thats is under performing and the sales are dropping every day. People expected it to sell as much as SAO, when in reality it wont even sell a quarter of it.

Yes, yes you can keep telling that to yourself as well. You can't see the future either.

May 25, 2014 12:20 PM
Apr 2014
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Keep telling yourself that it won't increase and I for one have reasonable expectations in that it won't sell as much as SAO. And if it does by golly that's great. I expect the sales to be good not ground breaking which you believe some people expect which isn't the case.
AquaWateriaMay 25, 2014 12:24 PM
May 25, 2014 12:26 PM

Feb 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Yes, yes you can keep telling that to yourself as well. You can't see the future either.
No, but thanks to amazon rankings, and using numerous data for similar cases over the past years, i can take a really good guess. It will not reach 10k on release, but you can keep yourself in denial.

AquaWateria said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Keep telling yourself that it won't increase and I for one have reasonable expectations in that it won't sell as much as SAO. And if it does by golly that's great. I expect the sales to be good not ground breaking which you believe some people expect which isn't the case.
Enough with the jokes man.
IciBurnMay 25, 2014 12:30 PM
May 25, 2014 12:34 PM
Apr 2012
Great episode to start off the Nine Schools Competition. I know almost nothing of this arc and anything further in the series so the enjoyment is even higher. The football at the beginning looked like something I'd want to try. The Mirage Bat sport that Miyuki is entering is interesting and her outfit for it is lovely. The special officer conversation with that general fella was intriguing. Tatsuya pretty much nailing down the flight magic was great, he pointed out the flaw earlier and corrected it. He must have been working on that for sometime. Looking forward to more. 5/5
May 25, 2014 12:48 PM
Apr 2014
IceBurn said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

No, but thanks to amazon rankings, and using numerous data for similar cases over the past years, i can take a really good guess. It will not reach 10k on release, but you can keep yourself in denial.

AquaWateria said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Enough with the jokes man.

You keep on imposing your judgement in that it's impossible for it to sell well or even great. So the jokes on you for believing it won't sell well when it's not even done airing.
May 25, 2014 1:03 PM

Feb 2012
AquaWateria said:
You keep on imposing your judgement in that it's impossible for it to sell well or even great.So the jokes on you for believing it won't sell well when it's not even done airing.
Jokes on you since you believe that 6-7k numbers arent good sales. It just won sell as well as other anime that had similar hype and that were all released in spring. There are tons of anime who sales have been predicted while it was airing. Fact is madhouse intended for this to be big, the evidence is in the series budget. But you can keep going on with this back and forth- it will sell -this- or wont sell as much as -this- and ill throw my arbitrary numbers since im bored. No one knows if the sales will increase, we do know almost half of the people that were buying it wont be for the time being.
IciBurnMay 25, 2014 1:06 PM
May 25, 2014 1:09 PM
Aug 2012
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:
You keep on imposing your judgement in that it's impossible for it to sell well or even great. So the jokes on you for believing it won't sell well when it's not even done airing.
Jokes on you since you believe that 6-7k numbers arent good sales. There are tons of anime who sales have predicted while it was airing. Fact is madhouse intended for this to be big, the evidence is in the series budget. But you can keep going on with this back and forth- it will sell -this- or wont sell as much as -this- and ill throw my arbitrary numbers since im bored. No one knows if the sales will increase, we do know almost half of the people that were buying it wont be for the time being.

Your guesses are ultimately guesses, just like the rest of us. Stop trying to force your opinion that it won't sell well later on. Because like i said, you can't see the future either. So let's move on from this loop discussion shall we or do you want to show off your "superiority complex" even more?

May 25, 2014 1:10 PM
Apr 2014
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:
You keep on imposing your judgement in that it's impossible for it to sell well or even great.So the jokes on you for believing it won't sell well when it's not even done airing.
Jokes on you since you believe that 6-7k numbers arent good sales. It just won sell as well as other anime that had similar hype and that were all released in spring. There are tons of anime who sales have been predicted while it was airing. Fact is madhouse intended for this to be big, the evidence is in the series budget. But you can keep going on with this back and forth- it will sell -this- or wont sell as much as -this- and ill throw my arbitrary numbers since im bored. No one knows if the sales will increase, we do know almost half of the people that were buying it wont be for the time being.

Yeah let's just end this argument as it won't get us anywhere. Will just have to wait and see :)
May 25, 2014 1:23 PM

May 2014
@ Iceburn

It isn't even released yet and your already expecting it to fail?Heck even if only 10% of Mahouka LN readers buy the BDs/DVDs that will still be good numbers.
May 25, 2014 1:24 PM

Feb 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:
Jokes on you since you believe that 6-7k numbers arent good sales. There are tons of anime who sales have predicted while it was airing. Fact is madhouse intended for this to be big, the evidence is in the series budget. But you can keep going on with this back and forth- it will sell -this- or wont sell as much as -this- and ill throw my arbitrary numbers since im bored. No one knows if the sales will increase, we do know almost half of the people that were buying it wont be for the time being.

Your guesses are ultimately guesses, just like the rest of us. Stop trying to force your opinion that it won't sell well later on. Because like i said, you can't see the future either. So let's move on from this loop discussion shall we or do you want to show off your "superiority complex" even more?
Like mines, your guesses are ultimatly guesses as well, unlike you guys though i have data to support mines as well instead of 'but it'll sell more later on' My superiority complex? I dont see it, but i guess having a different view point(unpopular to boot) and facts to back it up instead of wishful thinking is what it counts for nowadays.

AquaWateria said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Yeah let's just end this argument as it won't get us anywhere. Will just have to wait and see :)
July 23rd bro, be there Ill raze the mahouka threads for fun(jk) or avoid the website complelty out of shame.
May 25, 2014 1:29 PM
Oct 2012
AquaWateria said:
Yeah let's just end this argument as it won't get us anywhere. Will just have to wait and
see :)

I have a tangential discussion/argument that I have been meaning to ask: from a strictly stylistic/technical viewpoint, what do people think of the art of this show?

I have argued before that art on its own can conquer story because animation itself is a visual medium. So my question is, just viewing the art for itself what does one think?

Personally I would put the art of the show at around a 5, maybe a stretched 6 (on a true 1-10 scale), not bad, but at the same time not good.

What I have liked is how some of the magic has been shown, movement has been a little bit above average.

The color palette has been very neutral, nothing really stands out, now that could be in keeping with the theme of the show, but consequentially nothing has "popped". Backgrounds have been pretty sterile as well.

What I would rank below average are the characters. They have been drawn pretty flat and their facial features have been pretty bleached. By flat I would point to how the clothing looks on people, and by facial features being bleached we only have the barest emotions shown on face. Smiles are just mouths drawn as a half circle up, annoyance half circle down.

Other opinions?
May 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Feb 2012
darkreaperix said:
@ Iceburn

It isn't even released yet and your already expecting it to fail?Heck even if only 10% of Mahouka LN readers buy the BDs/DVDs that will still be good numbers.
Again HOW is 6-7k failing, where did i even say that? There good sales for a bd release on its 1st week. Dont confuse LN sales with BD since the former is cheap as hell and the latter cost fortune.
May 25, 2014 1:38 PM
Aug 2012
IceBurn said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Like mines, your guesses are ultimatly guesses as well, unlike you guys though i have data to support mines as well instead of 'but it'll sell more later on' My superiority complex? I dont see it, but i guess having a different view point(unpopular to boot) and facts to back it up instead of wishful thinking is what it counts for nowadays.

Pardon me, but the only data you have is that BD sales are dropping currently. You absolutely have no data to prove that it won't get better later on. That's you guess which you are trying to force here. Besides people with "Superiority Complex" aren't really aware of it unless someone points it out.

May 25, 2014 1:40 PM
Jun 2010
I'm personally curious on how they will animate the competitions schemes, and I'm positive those scenes will be done well base on all the previous action scenes we have scene so far. The action scenes are the only thing I mainly look forward to in the animated series.

This arc, we should see more personality from all the characters.

Hopefully Leo, Shizukum, Honoka will get more scenes in the upcoming episodes. It's a shame that Morisaki was completely ignored by the author in all the earlier volumes, beside for a short chapter that is basically a filler which will likely not be adapted into the anime. He made such an impact for the early conflict into the first volume, just to be discarded.
LazyLuongMay 25, 2014 1:46 PM
May 25, 2014 1:45 PM

Feb 2012
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

Pardon me, but the only data you have is that BD sales are dropping currently. You absolutely have no data to prove that it won't get better later on. That's you guess which you are trying to force here.
Sooooo what data do you have to prove that the sales will get better later on besides wishful thinking? None. You see? Pointless arguments.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:
Besides people with "Superiority Complex" aren't really aware of it unless someone points it out.

Oh spare me the armchair psychology.
May 25, 2014 1:47 PM
Apr 2014
IceBurn said:
Dragon_Slayer_X said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

AquaWateria said:
IceBurn said:
AquaWateria said:

July 23rd bro, be there Ill raze the mahouka threads for fun(jk) or avoid the website complelty out of shame.

Sept 24 also since that's for version 3 of BD. Brah I'll either jump up and down like a lunatic (jk) or watch School Days for punishment (jk again). Time will tell.
May 25, 2014 2:04 PM
Apr 2014
Takuan_Soho said:
AquaWateria said:
Yeah let's just end this argument as it won't get us anywhere. Will just have to wait and
see :)

I have a tangential discussion/argument that I have been meaning to ask: from a strictly stylistic/technical viewpoint, what do people think of the art of this show?

I have argued before that art on its own can conquer story because animation itself is a visual medium. So my question is, just viewing the art for itself what does one think?

Personally I would put the art of the show at around a 5, maybe a stretched 6 (on a true 1-10 scale), not bad, but at the same time not good.

What I have liked is how some of the magic has been shown, movement has been a little bit above average.

The color palette has been very neutral, nothing really stands out, now that could be in keeping with the theme of the show, but consequentially nothing has "popped". Backgrounds have been pretty sterile as well.

What I would rank below average are the characters. They have been drawn pretty flat and their facial features have been pretty bleached. By flat I would point to how the clothing looks on people, and by facial features being bleached we only have the barest emotions shown on face. Smiles are just mouths drawn as a half circle up, annoyance half circle down.

Other opinions?

I understand how you feel but for me I'm fine with the art and I think that it's good, not amazing but good. I feel that the art translates well into the setting which makes it seem serious at times. Like if it were all really bright and colorful it would most likely change the atmosphere of the setting. As for the characters I can see how you would reach to that feeling, but for me I have to disagree with that. We are shown emotions with most of the characters like Erika, Mizuki, Leo, Azusa, Mikihiko, Mari, Mibu, some of Mayumi, and even a bit with Kirahara. So they don't feel flat. Characters like Juumonji is stoic to keep up his reputation as a numbers. And for Tatsuya he's shown as being stoic for important reasons.
Pages (8) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.