Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Kagerou Daze (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
May 24, 2014 4:16 PM
Sep 2013
Let's go in a train of feels this week! :D
...;| ....NOO, why can't they just love each other? (;_;)
Poor Takene and Haruka.
Maybe it was a once in a lifetime thing but I cried when I was reading this part in the manga...the anime felt sorta...rushed? But the animation was really good IMO.
Crap, looking at the title for next week...I already know that I'm gonna be even more sad.
dammdd123May 24, 2014 4:20 PM
May 24, 2014 4:34 PM

Jan 2011
Knight_Artorias said:
That show is a pile of messy and unfocused s***. Does anyone even know what that fu***** thing is about? It's been 7 episodes, guys. 7(!) Episodes. The direction is awful, the flow is awful, the pacing is awful, the characters are awful (I don't like or care about any of them - don't even start about knowing their names), the visuals are awful (I like the Monogatari Series and Madoka Magica but this is just painful to watch), the music is okay and the story not even existing/relevant and the humor too dry to even think about laughing. One of the worst and most unentertaining shows I have ever seen. If I wasn't a completionist I would have dropped it long ago.

Fu***** awful. SHAFT should have made Hana- and Kizumonogatari instead.

Pretty much agreed.
This looks inconsistent as hell so far.
May 24, 2014 4:44 PM
Apr 2014
Ene is such a bro.
May 24, 2014 4:56 PM
Jul 2013
Well...the part that caught my interest the most was when Kano transformed into Haruka and started mentally torturing her (what a twist, it was shintaro he was torturing in the novel). I gotta say though, episode is moving slower than I expected.
May 24, 2014 5:18 PM

May 2013
Wow this show has been so damn inconsistent! It's episodes like this that make me think the show is brilliant. But there have been just as many brilliant ones as god-awful ones! Jesus Christ I can't figure out if this show is brilliant or just a mess!
May 24, 2014 5:48 PM
Nov 2011
renzbiohazard said:
I like how concerned Ene is for Shintaro :D

Also, what's with Kano? I get the feeling that he has a deep love obsession for Ayano

Well, not really, he is just messed up, mostly because of his past, the kid had to suffer a lot... that's why he seens to feel worst about Ayano's lost than the rest of the dan ;-; I wouldnt call it a love obsession, Ayano was his big sister, and he had a special connection with her, but it really looked like it in the anime XD.
May 24, 2014 6:02 PM

Sep 2013
Poor Haruka

He said he wanted to see Takane again ;____;

May 24, 2014 6:14 PM

Jan 2014
Aw, feel disappointed that there's no insert song this ep but from I think we're gonna get both of the insert song next week (both Lost Time Memory and Konoha's State of the World) just like in ep 6.
Don't attribute maliciousness when stupidity is enough to explain what happens
May 24, 2014 6:31 PM
May 2014
I don't know why i thought I'd be emotionally ready for this. I'm a little confused,is Kano an antagonist now? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this hasn't happened in the manga yet. I knew this episode would be sad but I didn't think it'd be this sad,luckily I had a pillow i could scream in and cry into :(
May 24, 2014 6:36 PM

Jul 2013
I feel like this was an important as hell episode.
But is so confusing and the direction is not helping.
May 24, 2014 6:39 PM

Aug 2011
Wait, I'm a little confused.

I didn't read all of the Kagerou Daze light novels, so I still haven't fully grasped what exactly happened to Haruka. However, it seems like the scene with Haruka rejecting his body (Konoha) was supposed to clear up something for me, but I just wanted to clarify: Did Haruka split into two beings? One, being 'Konoha', basically a Haruka devoid of his memories, and Kuroha, an existence without a body, but instead being Haruka's memories incarnate?
May 24, 2014 6:44 PM
Nov 2011
TitanSlasher said:
I don't know why i thought I'd be emotionally ready for this. I'm a little confused,is Kano an antagonist now? Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure this hasn't happened in the manga yet. I knew this episode would be sad but I didn't think it'd be this sad,luckily I had a pillow i could scream in and cry into :(

No, it not happened in the manga, but already happende in the novels, but the difference is that Kano did what he did, not with Ene, but with Shintaro in the novels, he transforms into Ayano and does the same as he did with Ene XD The rest is also different since the anime is a new route, not a adaptation from the manga/novel/songs routes.
But Kano is not the antagonist, you will see -w- ...maybe... -_-
May 24, 2014 6:47 PM
Nov 2011
Yui-pyon said:
Wait, I'm a little confused.

I didn't read all of the Kagerou Daze light novels, so I still haven't fully grasped what exactly happened to Haruka. However, it seems like the scene with Haruka rejecting his body (Konoha) was supposed to clear up something for me, but I just wanted to clarify: Did Haruka split into two beings? One, being 'Konoha', basically a Haruka devoid of his memories, and Kuroha, an existence without a body, but instead being Haruka's memories incarnate?

People are thinking it might be the case, but it was not revealed yet in the novels.(it would be cool if it is it *w*)
May 24, 2014 6:51 PM

Oct 2012
InTheOtherWorld said:

O.O Now that you mentioned it! OHMYGOSH AYANO NO! ; _ ;

Aines445 said:
I would like to know what's up with Kenjirou though, that was always something that I wanted to know in the series like how did he do all of the things he did, but I'm not expecting that to be answered so yeah, I'll keep my expectations low on finding stuff out about him. A Dead and Seek episode would've been really cool too, with the song inserted in it too... Unfortunately, that will not happen... v.v

Well, I think the title for the episode was more fit to be Dead and Seek rather than Konoha's State of the World seeing it show how Kenjirou was really involved in the story and such...

Knight_Artorias said:
That show is a pile of messy and unfocused s***. Does anyone even know what that fu***** thing is about? It's been 7 episodes, guys. 7(!) Episodes. The direction is awful, the flow is awful, the pacing is awful, the characters are awful (I don't like or care about any of them - don't even start about knowing their names), the visuals are awful (I like the Monogatari Series and Madoka Magica but this is just painful to watch), the music is okay and the story not even existing/relevant and the humor too dry to even think about laughing. One of the worst and most unentertaining shows I have ever seen. If I wasn't a completionist I would have dropped it long ago.

I think it IS made for the old fans after all... So if you're not an old fan you probably would be confused and would be commenting stuff like you did about the series. How about trying to go into the MVs, LNs, and manga to see why old fans react the way they do towards MCA. I'm not really an old fan but I did become a fan right before the anime aired and I instantly loved it. :)
May 24, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2012
I think the series is starting to lean towards Outer Science. (Bad Ending)
May 24, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2014
A pretty emotional episode T_T

Poor Ene, worrying so much about shintaro and forgetting about Haruka

Sensei's red eyes :O

Ayano-chan--->

Shaft certainly isn't helping the story become clearer heh..
May 24, 2014 7:42 PM

Aug 2013
Wow that was pretty rude, Kano. He didn't have to be so mean to poor Ene.
wow gay
May 24, 2014 7:58 PM

Jun 2013
Willi096 said:
I think the series is starting to lean towards Outer Science. (Bad Ending)

That would definitely spark the series up as it explains the conflict of the plot and I think it would make as a great climax? But the ending is so..

And I still wanna see Summertime Record...

(IDK but it'd be nice if the anime ends on Outer Science and a Summertime Record OVA/Movie will follow)
UitchouMay 24, 2014 8:23 PM
May 24, 2014 8:31 PM

Oct 2011
FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELSSS OMG T______________T
May 24, 2014 8:53 PM
Apr 2014
Fucked up episode. So tateyama-sensei is the villain?
May 24, 2014 8:54 PM

Jul 2010
*sobs*
*cries*
*rolls*
*screams*

I can't believe Kano did that to Ene (>_<)
I guess it is his way since Ene told the last words of kano's sister ,Ayano
I am glad the monster story is back
This episode was so sad so much sufferiring and pain I almost cried but then in did
Ayano talking about Shintarou was cute.
That teacher I just don't trust him
May 24, 2014 9:05 PM

Apr 2012
Oh my gahd.... so much feels this episode....
I was crying a lot... *sobs*

So this time, Kano decides to mindrape Ene.... ahhhh it's different from the novels 0v0
Am expecting a Yobanshi Deceive episode and I assume a lot will be explained there

but damn so much HaruTaka... I'm still crying
May 24, 2014 10:04 PM

Feb 2012
Didn't see that coming. That last part also confused me a bit.
May 24, 2014 10:11 PM

Mar 2012
The animation in the first half of the episode was so inconsistent. So painful to watch... >_>

All of these screenshots compared to each other:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55127084/wowowow%20ayano.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55127084/wowow%20ayano%202.png
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/55127084/wtf%20ayano.png
May 24, 2014 10:30 PM

Jul 2013
Well I think this is a good episode, There were some moments for Ayano and Takane, and how Takane feels about Shintaro. I guess that's the reason why where she turned into Ene. Woah some dramatic turn for Kano when hurting Ene and himself.

May 24, 2014 11:08 PM

Sep 2012
Kano was rather disturbing.
May 24, 2014 11:42 PM

Jul 2012
The back story of all of these characters so far is pure dread and suffering.

Great episode!!!
May 24, 2014 11:59 PM
Mar 2014
My mind keeps getting BLOWN and somewhat confusing but i do get the some things between the characters and the relationships
May 25, 2014 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
I need more =='

so glad I didnt quit early when I was all weirded out..
[right]
May 25, 2014 1:06 AM

Aug 2012
Such a sad episode and Ene :((
May 25, 2014 1:29 AM

Mar 2012
Feels and all, yeah but I'm confused with this episode.
May 25, 2014 1:42 AM
Nov 2012
Knight_Artorias said:

Fu***** awful. SHAFT should have made Hana- and Kizumonogatari instead.

Wait until everything to be connected. If u can't see the direction it's going maybe you just started out to have a bad image/hate on the anime and the hate was all in your head while you missed all the details the anime was playing.

Also, I have totally nothing to say on haters. jfc. hope u're not one of them.
May 25, 2014 2:44 AM

Feb 2013
Whoa! Good episode, and I finally feel like I can grasp a feint amount of what is going on......FINALLY....I've been so confused this whole time.
May 25, 2014 2:52 AM

Nov 2012
meh, it was alright i guess. i guess this series won't get better for me..
May 25, 2014 2:53 AM

Sep 2013
S_Anne said:
I think it IS made for the old fans after all... So if you're not an old fan you probably would be confused and would be commenting stuff like you did about the series. How about trying to go into the MVs, LNs, and manga to see why old fans react the way they do towards MCA. I'm not really an old fan but I did become a fan right before the anime aired and I instantly loved it. :)
Yeah, no. An adaption shouldn't be just for fans, it's also supposed to get newbies (like me) into the source material by itself and not turn them off. I don't think the story of Mekakucity Actors is soooo deep and complex; it's just the way it is presented which is pretty bad and unnecessarily confusing (so far).

gilayans said:
Wait until everything to be connected. If u can't see the direction it's going maybe you just started out to have a bad image/hate on the anime and the hate was all in your head while you missed all the details the anime was playing.

Also, I have totally nothing to say on haters. jfc. hope u're not one of them.
I'm not a hater. I just think this show is bad so far.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 25, 2014 3:03 AM
Feb 2014
And this is why I ship Shintarou x Ene.

And this is why I ship Kano x Ayano so hard.

(killed)
May 25, 2014 4:24 AM

Dec 2010
The episode was great, so much was put in it that it definitely had to be split into two episodes. I'll definitely have to re-watch it.
May 25, 2014 5:08 AM

Jun 2008
Mekakucity Actors actually managed to make me cry. Wish they'd show more of Seto tho.

Next week is LTM which I don't know whether it's a good thing or not, even though I love the song a lot.

Did I miss something or did they not play Konoha no Sekai Jijou in this episode?
May 25, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2014
This series is steadily improving! Good episode.

Ayano is a really cute and considerate girl.
And that was unexpectedly cruel coming from Kano. Definitely a very interesting guy and there is more to him than just his always cheery and dorky side. Poor Ene though.

Still somewhat confusing, e.g. Kagerou Days' relevance and connection to the other events.
JoekstarMay 25, 2014 5:42 AM
May 25, 2014 5:46 AM

Oct 2013
a feels episode
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
May 25, 2014 6:37 AM

May 2014
episode 7: moe with feels

im pretty sure at the first part, ayano was just about to commit suicide holy xet

episode 8: to the feels trip

/watch?v=v9wrDGfYCWA
MiChocoFudgeMay 25, 2014 6:46 AM
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 25, 2014 6:40 AM

May 2014
SilentHollow said:
And this is why I ship Shintarou x Ene.

And this is why I ship Kano x Ayano so hard.

(killed)

but... but how about kido? :((
quit jacking off on your waifu, you disgusting weaboo
May 25, 2014 6:47 AM

Apr 2012
Yet another anime series where you've expected to have read the manga. After 7 episodes nothing makes sense so even if there is a "pay off" I really don't care anymore. So well done.
May 25, 2014 6:55 AM

May 2012
Oof, I must say that the anime is interesting so far. However, I'm still really confused on the entire story development. It is doable to follow in my opinion, but obviously this anime was not meant for people who are not familiar with the Original material (Just like me) >_<
May 25, 2014 7:20 AM

Jan 2014
So freaking sad ;__; . This show went from a 7 to a 9 in one episode, I cant wait till next week !
May 25, 2014 7:44 AM

Jun 2013
greebo said:
Yet another anime series where you've expected to have read the manga. After 7 episodes nothing makes sense so even if there is a "pay off" I really don't care anymore. So well done.

There's a misconception that this anime series is made specifically for the fans - well it isn't.

KagePro is a MULTI-MEDIA series.
The songs, manga and novels are just like this - HUWAT IS HAPPENING, OHH TRAGEDY, PLOT TWIST, I DUN UNDERSTAND

This anime is yet another extension of the series.
I hope more people WOULD REALIZE this.
YOU'RE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE MATERIAL. It's just plain odd and confusing.
May 25, 2014 7:54 AM

Mar 2013
What the fuck is happening? I don't even...
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
May 25, 2014 8:17 AM

Aug 2009
This episode was pretty okay. The last episode made me pretty excited for it, though honestly I was hoping to see more of Kagerou Days. They messed up the real Kagerou Days episode so bad I was hoping for something to save it, and since Konoha's State of the World was supposed to be linked to it I expected a bit more... but this was fine I guess.

All that suffering. Way too much feels, though I did expect Kano to show his true colours some time soon. There were some foreshadowing of it in ep 5, so it's kinda frustrating to see being getting so worked up over it. Of course, his torturing Ene was a surprise, though my guess is that he's just jealous of her, the one to hear "onee-chan's last words".

But the bit that surprised me was how he could take Haruka's form. I know that they have met before, but if they couldn't even recognise Ene I don't see how it could be possible for him to remember how Haruka looked like. Which brings up a question to Kano's powers: does he make people see what he wants them to see, or what they want to see?

And I love the hate, lol. I already knew this show was going to be disappointing somehow (Jin's writing hasn't yet impressed me in any of the mediums except the songs), and it's nice to see how non-fans are taking it.

Next ep: Lost Time Memory. I'm so nervous about this because
Konohana Niji
Translator, Writer, Illustrator
Critic, Reader, Viewer, Gamer

Translator of Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Deemo -Last Dream-

Tumblr / Twitter
May 25, 2014 8:27 AM

May 2013
Wow! Flashbacks of the past. So she liked Konoha after all. Kano used his power to like, scare Ene or make her suffer. His power by the way, is awesome! He's pretty mean by doing that, but I don't really care. Ayano must have liked Shintaro too judging from what she wants for him.
I know that they'll all meet up and it's gonna be great. Their gonna clear things up.

Decent episode.
May 25, 2014 8:37 AM
Nov 2011
Knight_Artorias said:
Yeah, no. An adaption shouldn't be just for fans, it's also supposed to get newbies (like me) into the source material by itself and not turn them off. I don't think the story of Mekakucity Actors is soooo deep and complex; it's just the way it is presented which is pretty bad and unnecessarily confusing (so far).

Well, I dont know, it's just how I see the propose of the anime. I think it's not meant to be a direct adaptation, but a extention from the other medias, each media has it's onw events, and if you want to get the full of the story you need to know about all of them. Before or after you watch the anime, you need to get to the others medias to be able to see all events. Well, maybe it's not it, it's just how I see this whole series, as a saw puzzle where you need to get all the pieces tho the medias to have a complete view. Each media starts the same(except from the musics, of course), but then, after a especific event they all split up and take their onw directions. But I kinda understand what you mean, the anime is not motivating you to get the whole of the story and search for the other medias.
AkuNoKawaiiUsagi said:

There's a misconception that this anime series is made specifically for the fans - well it isn't.

KagePro is a MULTI-MEDIA series.
The songs, manga and novels are just like this - HUWAT IS HAPPENING, OHH TRAGEDY, PLOT TWIST, I DUN UNDERSTAND

This anime is yet another extension of the series.
I hope more people WOULD REALIZE this.
YOU'RE NOT EXPECTED TO KNOW THE SOURCE MATERIAL. It's just plain odd and confusing.
Read more at http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1185341&show=80#0xp28qEXjzL7ACzm.99

yep, I think you're right, all the media are confusing XD And the anime is another media to the series. But I really think that you need to know about each media to get the whole series. If it's just the anime, I feel like it's incomplete, since I have the feeling that not everything will filled with the anime, so much as it won't be filled with the other medias alone. Beeing clear that it's just HOW I SEE the series.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Mekakucity Reload ???? When ???

Ghefira - Mar 30, 2023

7 by dargoid »»
Jan 21, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 28, 2014

284 by Strikrr »»
Aug 5, 2023 12:12 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

361 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 12:28 PM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 26, 2014

242 by Strikrr »»
Aug 3, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Mekakucity Actors Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2014

501 by Strikrr »»
Aug 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.