Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2009 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I like Ferio. I wish I had a Mokona of my own to go on road trips with. lol. Heck, to go anywhere with.

The development of the characters and what I'm assuming will be a relationship, were awesome in this episode.
Jul 3, 2010 8:21 PM

Feb 2009
Good episode, and good series so far. Interesting blend of Magical Girl and High Fantasy genres.

Jan 25, 2012 4:00 PM

May 2008
I found this episode amusing, especiall because of Ferio and Fuu. I guess, there'll be much more to their relationship and it was a great idea, that not Hikaru is the one who gets the boy~
Nov 28, 2014 4:11 PM

Jun 2010
Why is Mokona leading the girls into monsters?

To grind XP, of course! Those first few levels come quick.
Jan 22, 2015 4:16 PM

Feb 2014
Aww the monsters were so cute when they turned back to normal! ^-^

Uhh, also, since it's the forest of silence, why can Mokona make food and a portable hotel? Isn't that stuff considered magic?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 18, 2016 4:39 AM

Apr 2011
I liked this episode the best so far, Ferio was pretty cool. Also I really like this show so far, it's like a cute blend between a serious high fantasy and a cutesy magical girl show, really relaxing to watch. ♥
Ericonator said:
By definition, everything is retro since by the time you realize something has happened it's already in the past.
Jan 11, 2017 6:20 AM
Jan 2016
I think this is great. I'm anxious to see more of Umi and how they're going to develop Ferio's relantionship with Fuu :3
"Ai no tenbatsu, otosasete itadakimasu!"
Jun 19, 2017 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
I'm pretty sure Mokona being able to produce the hotel is no different than the girls being able to produce their weapons from their glove ornaments. It's not magic in the sense of producing fire or creatures.

Anyway, I liked this episode more than the previous two. Ferio's introduction and liberating the Forest of Silence was more interesting than the developments in the previous episodes.
Aug 12, 2018 7:38 PM
Apr 2013
I just got done watching the super serious "Vision of Escaflowne". So this show is a nice switch of pace for me. I'm living the tone of this show so far. Reminds me of "Slayers".

I'm definitely sticking with this.
Jul 10, 2020 4:31 AM
Jul 2009
I love Hikaru. She's so sweet and happy but if you're evil she will kick. your. ass!
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Sep 24, 2020 1:53 PM

Nov 2017
I still cannot get over this soundtrack. It's really good and fits the theme of the anime so well.

Ooooooh, looks like Fuu might have a thing for Ferio!~
Jun 30, 2022 5:52 AM

Jan 2020
Mokona sure is convenient. If only all our would-be heroes had such companions. @_@

While they are getting one-shotted, these monsters are rather ominous looking for it being the first couple episodes. You'd think they'd face something a little more their size to start out. Either way, not sure what Umi is whining about, the group needs all the experience they can get.

I feel like Ferio is probably not a spy. He seems reliable enough, albeit enigmatic. I do wish he would stick to a single class at least... hunter, swordsman, bard. Which are you dude?

So the monsters were a result of the crazy rock. The sad part about that being that all the monsters they killed up until that point were actually just the innocent animals that had been corrupted. Kinda sucks for those animals.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 6, 2022 11:32 AM
Nov 2015
Cute, nice to see Ferio and Fuu interacting.
Apr 25, 2023 8:00 AM
Oct 2020
Is it just me or does anyone else feels bad about the monsters they killed? Since they actually were cute creatures...
Sep 7, 2023 8:12 PM

Apr 2016
This time the girls had to do some grinding and they are lucky Mokona is some sort of Doraemon, glasses girl just standing there and not even trying to use one of her arrows until she got persuaded was funny, like okay stand there and wait for a good reason why you should try to help xD and then there is revealing at the end that the monster were actually cute animals that got turned into monster by the rock, as saying congrats girls, all this time you were slaying similar creatures :p

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.