Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 22, 2009 7:37 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Byruit had excellent design, too bad she's gone.
Oct 22, 2011 8:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
So it's 1 per episode now lol.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 29, 2012 4:07 PM

Jun 2010
To go through sub-villians once an episode makes it seem like it's rushing. What's the point in there being so many of them if they're spent so quickly?

As usual a serious plot in this series doesn't really work.

Also, since when did everyone have a pure heart? I thought the idea was that they were rare. It's not even following its own rules.
FronzelJan 29, 2012 8:03 PM
Jul 8, 2012 8:59 AM

Jan 2011
Fronzel said:
To go through sub-villians once an episode makes it seem like it's rushing. What's the point in there being so many of them if they're spent so quickly?

Also, since when did everyone have a pure heart? I thought the idea was that they were rare. It's not even following its own rules.

I agree. I feel like these villians are just providing filler episodes until the final battle approaches.

And I was thinking the same thing about the pure hearts. I think at this point, the Messiah just needs any amount of life energy for her awakening..so it doesn't matter if the crystals are pure or not.
Aug 2, 2012 3:25 PM
Mar 2008
Fronzel said:

From my understanding, everyone (or a lot of people) has a pure heart .. some are more pure and thus sparkle more brightly, like Usagi's. What was rare were the talismans, not the pure hearts.
Aug 30, 2013 10:35 PM

May 2010
Fronzel said:

Well. like Hakuneii said, it's the talismans that were rare, and the pure hearts were desired because they were the most likely to hold the talismans. The three talismans were already found though, and they were used to make the holy grail that super sailor moon uses.

The pure hearts are currently desired for a different reason; to increase the messiah's power until she can awaken. If that's the case, then one heart at a time doesn't seem like the best strategy anymore, right? It makes sense for them to switch to a strategy that focuses on quantity over quality when you think about it that way.
“Money can't buy dere”
Feb 11, 2014 1:03 PM
Mar 2013
I loved this episode. It was a bit darker for some reason, like they were in the enemies home base (which is technically true). So now we say good bye to the 4th witch. Sucks the way she died, killed by her own nano machine "mood" bracelet. Who wants to bet the final witch will show up in the next episode?
Mar 28, 2014 9:13 PM
Aug 2013
so the Witches 5 are the top student of every section of Mugen Academy?!!
and this time Usagi didn't get tired after being super sailor moon.
__amaterasu__Mar 28, 2014 9:42 PM
May 8, 2014 12:11 AM

Jul 2008
Yeah there definitely was a balance issue with the 5 witches. Oh well the fodder is out of the way, time for the main event.
Jun 27, 2014 8:23 AM

Apr 2010
__amaterasu__ said:

and this time Usagi didn't get tired after being super sailor moon.

Maybe she gets stronger after every transformation? :O
Apr 19, 2016 8:50 PM
Apr 2015
One of my favorite episodes of the season (and Mercury is my fave :D), too bad Vilyui (or Byruit) lasted only one episode though...

It was great to see Ami stand up against Haruka and Michiru too, not let them attack Hotaru, and even protect them also.

One thing I have to laugh at though is, during the part when Haruka and Michiru rush up to attack Hotaru, were they just going to attack with their fists and feet? XD
Jul 2, 2017 10:59 PM
Jul 2013
so viluy lasted one episode too...

both telulu and viluy could have been strong opponents if the writers didn't decide to wipe them both out one after the other.
Jul 17, 2017 10:05 AM
Nov 2015
Witches 5 should just be boiled down to Eugeal.

Ami Rocks!

Kinda disappointed about the 2nd half, how Michiru and Haruka become less and less interesting and likeable (mostly due to less and less screen-time, and their self-conflict subplot has already been dealt away with, and the focus has shifted to Chibiusa-Hotaru)

Hope the finale be dramatic enough and the Senshi have enough difficulty solving the dilemma about Hotaru, and not just defeating the evil one possessing her and everything being fine afterwards.
Jul 17, 2017 10:13 AM
Nov 2015
Fronzel said:

From what I get, Eugeal is their senpai, the strongest, the other 4 are just weak and jealous and want to usurp her to get Executive position.

So obviously they are weaker. And how the 2nd tier villain get to fight directly now kinda shows how desperate and short on time Professor Tomoe is. Because their objective has shifted (from episode 22), from trying to find the Grail (now it's already found) to raising the Messiah of Silence (feeding Tomoe some energy for it to manifest).

I'm quite comfortable with how the show's going so far. quite explicable.
Feb 16, 2018 5:49 PM
Aug 2014
Another one bites the dust. As usual Sailor Moon makes a mad dash for the finish line.
Aug 8, 2018 3:58 PM

Aug 2007
Dang, the forums were down so long I didn't get to comment on episodes 1-32!

Anyway, I'd much rather them go through the witches faster than drag it out, I suppose? The Messiah plot is darker than the original series and R in my opinion, so it gives some trepidation for the final showdown.

May 29, 2019 9:19 AM
Jun 2016
Well, at least Haruka (and Michiru) are warming up to the Inner Senshi. I wonder what this means to the next episodes.
Dec 20, 2019 8:35 AM

Jun 2015
Never mind, this one died faster than Telulu. I've forgotten that
Jan 23, 2021 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
These witches are so trash and I know backstabbing is a very prominent twist in Sailor Moon, but dying at the hand of your own experiments seems to be a new pattern.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 17, 2021 10:18 AM

Dec 2020
I don’t know why I get so irritated that Chibiusa is so sweet to everyone except Usagi. I know it’s supposed to be because they are so similar and Usagi is still young and relatively immature, but their relationship in the present is so annoying!
Jan 13, 2023 1:31 AM

Mar 2020
They're really rushing through the villains now. I wonder if the season was cut short considering the last 2 were over 30 while this is only 38.
The Messiah has woken up and Tomoe has figured out who they are so we seem to be getting close to the finale
EpiccgaymerJan 13, 2023 1:35 AM

Oct 19, 2023 3:14 PM

Feb 2020
Finally figured out all their identies hey woa we comin towards a climax soon hmmuhmmu
wonder how it'll all going to play out

Dec 28, 2023 8:38 AM
Jan 2018
It seemed this episode proved my point about the Senshi struggling when they don't have OP friends in their corner. Viluy was toasted quite handily and it made me wish this was different type of show where her being eaten alive by nanobots could have been as grizzly as it deserved to be. But I guess that is the fate of every woman that wants to instigate a catfight.

I actually thought Viluy would have made a fine recurring villain, but the endgame has no time for proper story progression apparently.

I guess it's time to see if the secret identity reveal will actually negatively affect the Senshi. My bet is on it not really mattering too much.

I do wish they elaborated more on the undercover Mugen academy stuff earlier in the anime, but it is what it is.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.