Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2014 6:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, is that a mini Yuuya? Cute. The duel was okay I guess. Yuuya's confidence sure is skyrocket high though. Still, I think his Pendulum Summon was flawless. Good to see Yuuya won this duel. I never doubted him :>
May 19, 2014 11:33 AM

May 2013
Well, Yuuya won, so Sora won't be his apprentice anymore, but instead a friend to him.
May 19, 2014 12:14 PM

Mar 2011
So basically this duel showed that Yuuya has no skill what so ever in actual dueling and his win is just thanks to his overpowered cards he does not even understand.

And fusion summons are special now? Has it been that long since GX? xD. That comment at the end about saying where he came from it was normal though, is this an alt universe and he came from the original universe? xD

I don't even understand these cards, but for anyone who plays the game I can see these when implemented to the card game will be used to try and replace xyz and syncros since they will take up space in the extra deck.

This may be cheesier than GX, in fact I think it is, I never thought I would say it, but wow good job I didn't think it was possible xD.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

May 19, 2014 12:19 PM

May 2009
This is pretty cool. They're showing off all of the card types. Fusion Summon, next it might be XYZ, and probably later Synchros and Rituals. They're making everything within reach. I like how the card game state is right now. Everything is balancing itself.
May 19, 2014 12:26 PM
Jun 2011
TehWhiteTiger said:
So basically this duel showed that Yuuya has no skill what so ever in actual dueling and his win is just thanks to his overpowered cards he does not even understand.

And fusion summons are special now? Has it been that long since GX? xD. That comment at the end about saying where he came from it was normal though, is this an alt universe and he came from the original universe? xD

I don't even understand these cards, but for anyone who plays the game I can see these when implemented to the card game will be used to try and replace xyz and syncros since they will take up space in the extra deck.

This may be cheesier than GX, in fact I think it is, I never thought I would say it, but wow good job I didn't think it was possible xD.
talking about xyz summon it seems there is going to be one by the next episode preview so they wont replace it
May 19, 2014 1:14 PM

Oct 2011
My comment on last episode will come true.

Yuya will gather people who specialize in certain summoning

Fusion ( Sora)
Synchro ????
XYZ ?????
and so on
May 19, 2014 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
So next ep we get XYZ summoning...

Now I really hope that someone will use Synchro summon...
May 19, 2014 7:22 PM

Jun 2010
That little brat is annoying. I feel like he came from the past, but that's just guessing.

Oh, this is going to be the first series where they bring different summons to one show. In the past shows, they never showed the previous shows summons, except fusion, but that was only in GX. None in 5D's or Zexal.

May 19, 2014 8:57 PM
Mar 2012
This episode again shows how OP pendulum monsters are. Getting sent to the extra deck rather than the graveyard lel.
May 20, 2014 4:31 AM

May 2013
Sorry but yet again pendulum summon is such bullsh*t. So not only can you special summon pendulum monsters and others inbetween the levels of the scale every turn but pendulum cards get also send to the extra deck if they get destroyed and of course you can summon pendulum monsters from your extra deck with it (who needs Monster Reborn anyway, right?)... -_-

Bet you can put them in your extra deck like fusion monsters to begin with so you don't even have to pretend to have a lucky draw anymore. You know what, everyone hates on GX but atleast they didn't start to come up with a new OP summon method like every Yu-Gi-Oh series after it and just used fusion monsters. I don't generally have anything against adding new summons, combinations, card types, etc. but could please stop trying to outdo the last one by being even more OP?

Look at this for example, what's point of fusion summon now if pendulum summon does the same but without depending on drawing the exactly right monsters of the fusion and the fusion magic card itself? (I kind of have the feeling that they only have all the different summons in this series to show off how OP pendulum summon is compared to them so kids buy the new cards)

Also could they atleast pretend that that he actually shuffles deck sometimes and have him to draw the hippo every duel on the first turn? I don't have problem with him having the two mages but atleast let him summon different monsters with the pendulum summon from time to time (aside from the dragon I mean because that's supposed to be is signature monster after all even if it doesn't look great)

Aside from that rant... is it just me or did the animation quality go down alot compared to 5Ds and ZeXal?
DancingJackMay 20, 2014 4:36 AM
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
May 20, 2014 9:33 AM

Oct 2011
I wonder if Yuya wil summon a fusion, synchro, XYZ and Pendulum Monsters at the same time. OMG EPIC!!!!
May 20, 2014 5:40 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't think this show could suck more than it already did...
May 21, 2014 3:27 AM
Jun 2011
AnimeFan500 said:
I wonder if Yuya wil summon a fusion, synchro, XYZ and Pendulum Monsters at the same time. OMG EPIC!!!!
it seems the plot will finally begin after the episode with yuzu and swatari next episode
May 21, 2014 11:16 AM

Apr 2014
DancingJack said:
Sorry but yet again pendulum summon is such bullsh*t. So not only can you special summon pendulum monsters and others inbetween the levels of the scale every turn but pendulum cards get also send to the extra deck if they get destroyed and of course you can summon pendulum monsters from your extra deck with it (who needs Monster Reborn anyway, right?)... -_-

Bet you can put them in your extra deck like fusion monsters to begin with so you don't even have to pretend to have a lucky draw anymore. You know what, everyone hates on GX but atleast they didn't start to come up with a new OP summon method like every Yu-Gi-Oh series after it and just used fusion monsters. I don't generally have anything against adding new summons, combinations, card types, etc. but could please stop trying to outdo the last one by being even more OP?

Look at this for example, what's point of fusion summon now if pendulum summon does the same but without depending on drawing the exactly right monsters of the fusion and the fusion magic card itself? (I kind of have the feeling that they only have all the different summons in this series to show off how OP pendulum summon is compared to them so kids buy the new cards)

Also could they atleast pretend that that he actually shuffles deck sometimes and have him to draw the hippo every duel on the first turn? I don't have problem with him having the two mages but atleast let him summon different monsters with the pendulum summon from time to time (aside from the dragon I mean because that's supposed to be is signature monster after all even if it doesn't look great)

Aside from that rant... is it just me or did the animation quality go down alot compared to 5Ds and ZeXal?

1. No, you cannot put Pendelum monsters into the extra deck at the start of a duel.
2. Pendelums are not OP. They require a lot of set up for little to no payoff.
3. They want to show off the different summoning types so that they can make news cards based off of each type of summon.
4. It's the first episode. He's not going to show off all of his cards this early on.
5. Yes, it's just you.
6. Synchro and Xyz monsters are not OP, either.

May 21, 2014 11:42 AM

Apr 2014
RagingMan said:
How does it suck?

May 21, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2014
TehWhiteTiger said:

1. Pendulum monsters do not take up space in the extra deck.
2. Pendulum monsters are not OP.
3. Yuya has plenty of skill. He doesn't rely on one card to win, he relies on combo's to ensure his victory (Unlike Yuma.)
4. Fusion monsters have always been considered a special summon.
5. How is this show cheesier than GX?

May 21, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2013
Dragonage2ftw said:
RagingMan said:
How does it suck?

Duels suck, why is everyone so stupid? Are they not in a fucking duel school? like seriously, is this an anime or is it a guide for new players?
May 23, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
RagingMan said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
RagingMan said:
How does it suck?

Duels suck, why is everyone so stupid? Are they not in a fucking duel school? like seriously, is this an anime or is it a guide for new players?

I think it is an introduction to Pendulums with a side dish of nostalgia.
May 24, 2014 6:41 AM

May 2008
DancingJack said:
You know what, everyone hates on GX

FAIL...

Lot of People like the GX...(Like me... best yugioh for me so far) Just so many hater in this planet for no any good reason...
May 26, 2014 6:18 PM

May 2013
Haou-Judai said:
DancingJack said:

FAIL...

Lot of People like the GX...(Like me... best yugioh for me so far) Just so many hater in this planet for no any good reason...

I actually really like GX, too, but it seemed to me that alot of people make fun of it so I thought I wasn't liked that much.

On the other side it also seemed to me that 5D's got alot of hype while to me it wasn't that great... "card games on motorcycles". ^^'
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Jun 1, 2014 7:05 AM

Jun 2012
From where Sora's from fusion is normal? Yes. That and the preview basically confirm we'll be seeing evry kind of monster.
DancingJack said:
Haou-Judai said:
DancingJack said:
FAIL...

I actually really like GX, too, but it seemed to me that alot of people make fun of it so I thought I wasn't liked that much.
On the other side it also seemed to me that 5D's got alot of hype while to me it wasn't that great... "card games on motorcycles". ^^'
Gx was really good, it just had a bad ending. Judai running off without telling any of his friends just seemed like a dick move to me. Don't get me wrong, I liked the duel b/w him and Yugi, but season 4 kind of threw all of the side characters out of the window.
And 5ds was the best yugioh. And in my books it's one of the best anime I've ever seen.
Sep 7, 2014 5:45 AM

Mar 2014
13man18 said:
Oh, this is going to be the first series where they bring different summons to one show. In the past shows, they never showed the previous shows summons, except fusion, but that was only in GX. None in 5D's or Zexal.
[quote=13man18]

Yusei did Fusion Summon Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste in episode 102.
Dec 21, 2014 11:40 PM
Jun 2013
The comments on this episode are hilarious.

Fine episode. I can't wait until they finish all of the introductions. I really just want to see some back and forth dueling. Yuuya is cool though. So far I'm enjoying this more than 5ds and zexal.
Dec 23, 2014 8:36 AM

Apr 2014
Haou-Judai said:
DancingJack said:

FAIL...

Actually, what he said is true.

Dec 23, 2014 8:37 AM

Apr 2014
RagingMan said:
Dragonage2ftw said:
How does it suck?

The different summoning methods are rare/special in the anime world.

May 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Apr 2007
Fun duel, I actually thought annoying Sora was going to win too. Oh well. And Sora's words regarding fusion lulz

Yuuya crying when Odd-Eyes was destroyed though -_-;;
Jun 10, 2016 6:33 AM

Apr 2012
For a second there, I thought Yuya would lose....
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Feb 8, 2017 4:27 PM

Feb 2013
Yuya has some Bullshit cards. I was enjoying it too. Odd eyes is dam overpowered.

And GX is pretty good. The moves that were played made sense most of the time. Not just an omg it is OP just because. Their was no smart outplay here he just got lucky his card is op.
PoisonedTeaFeb 8, 2017 4:36 PM
Jan 5, 2018 7:03 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
Timegazer Magician is not once/turn lol Correction for this duel
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 1, 2018 6:53 PM

Dec 2017
Yuya Vs Sora The first battle was pretty good, and I was shocked when Yuya cried I thought he actually lost like Yuzu and the rest of the good Pendulum monsters go to Extra Deck This was a bit shocking but I think it will save him often
Sep 10, 2018 5:46 AM

May 2016
Allen-Walker11 said:
Yuya Vs Sora The first battle was pretty good, and I was shocked when Yuya cried I thought he actually lost like Yuzu and the rest of the good Pendulum monsters go to Extra Deck This was a bit shocking but I think it will save him often

Just wait till episode 34, 50, 64, 75 and 104, 125, 135, 140
Sep 10, 2018 3:10 PM

Dec 2017
Helios92 said:
Allen-Walker11 said:

Just wait till episode 34, 50, 64, 75 and 104, 125, 135, 140

umm I know some information in advance but I do not care I want to complete whatever happens there are many who spoiler events as you know and was corrupted on the appearance of Dark Yuya and the integration of a person with Yuya and also the emergence of many old dimensions of the new and so on
Apr 15, 2019 4:14 AM

Feb 2014
I mean, is kind of ridiculous that they treat fusion summon as some sort of complicated form of summoning when is in fact the simplest one in Yu-Gi-Oh.

Monsters mentioned in card description + 1 Poli.
Jun 20, 2022 10:51 PM

Jul 2013
Something that bothers me a lot is that Yuya's deck has no synergy whatsoever. Take Pendulum summon and Action cards away and his deck is reduced to nothing but a bunch of random monsters that do not support each other in any way shape or form except for the archetype name. How did he ever win against anyone pre-episode 1?

Even Yuma's starting deck wasn't this bad and Yuma was supposed to be a complete noob at the beginning.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 142 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

13 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 30, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 136 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2016

32 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 29, 1:58 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 118 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 14, 2016

36 by zombiesaredead »»
Apr 25, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 143 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 19, 2017

18 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 18, 1:54 PM

Poll: » Yu☆Gi☆Oh! Arc-V Episode 137 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 8, 2017

30 by RaidenSteiner »»
Apr 17, 6:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.