Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Magic Knight Rayearth
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 9:44 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fuu reminds me of Anthy from Shoujo Kakumei Utena.

I liked this episode. I like how obvious it is that it's an old anime, but it's good nevertheless.
Jan 10, 2010 1:57 PM

Dec 2009
Mokona totally looked like a Pokémon. and the scene when Hikaru wants to give the candy instead of money just made my heart melt. So cute!

I like this anime already even if it's made for younger children. :)
<i>Even if I carry these countless scars with me
Quickly or softly, either way you aren't getting my soul</i>
Nov 4, 2013 8:50 PM

Jan 2010
When Hikaru couldn't cast her spell, the monster headtilted so hard, its head went full circle.

Studio Shaft got nothing on this.
Nov 6, 2014 7:50 PM

Feb 2013
That poor tablecloth.

Pretty boring episode. I see how this series is so long... dragging out their quest like this. It's going to take a long time for them to power-up and get back to the main plot. Not really in the mood for that kind of thing. (dropped)
Jan 21, 2015 8:28 PM

Feb 2014
Wow this is really RPG-y. "Gather materials so I can make weapons for you!"

I think I like Hikaru the best. She has good intentions :)

Promising story overall, but something is bugging me about it. It seems a little too comedic. But maybe it'll end up working out like Akatsuki no Yona.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2017 4:03 PM

Nov 2013
How Hikaru tried to give the woman a candy as payment was hilarious. I like her the most at this point.

Now off to find materials. Do you accept the quest?
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jun 19, 2017 8:55 PM

Nov 2011
It would've been nice if Presea explained a bit better why they had to go alone to gather the ore. Letting them wander out alone seems needlessly dangerous, and it would have been a lot more simple had there already been some of that ore gathered.

Another so-so episode.
TripleSRankJun 20, 2017 12:04 AM
Jan 28, 2019 12:59 PM

Aug 2012
Yep this show's a winner for me so far. I like the main 3 characters and the whole 90's fantasy RPG vibe is just great. Crossing that with Magical Girls, Person's in a strange world and eventually Mecha apparently is just a mishmash of alot of what I love in classic shows.

Also this damn Discotek Media Blu Ray release is beautiful
Feb 12, 2019 1:14 AM
Feb 2019
I know we've got the nerd, the jock, and the prep, but in terms of actually doing anything, this show is looking like Hikaru-chan And Two Background Characters.
Oct 8, 2019 10:08 AM

Apr 2019
In the island of silence you can not use magic, but when choosing the weapons, they used a power, alias the weapons had an aura until it reached the hands of the girls, a hole in the script shit that spoiled the whole experience, dropped
Sep 23, 2020 6:09 PM

Nov 2017
One of the the things I already really like about this anime is the soundtrack. It really does sound like something you'd find in a fantasy series so props to those who worked on the music.

The chibi scenes do come off a little out of place, but this isn't the darkest fantasy out there so it's not that big of an issue. Hikaru is definitely the one who's most enthusiastic about being a Magic Knight
Jun 30, 2022 5:23 AM

Jan 2020
This is rather captivating. I enjoyed the battle with the mud monster, though I am ready to see everyone hurry up and start developing their abilities some more. I like the old school JRPG vibes, but as an avid player of such things the grinding needs to start. Get OP, save the world!

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Nov 5, 2022 5:47 PM
Nov 2015
The girls are finally learning and accepting their new powers. Hiraku is soooo headstrong i love it.
Feb 20, 2023 10:20 PM

Jul 2021
Seems they have to go on a fetch-quest... the weapon thing was too convenient, I tought they could'nt use magic.

On the good side, it's pretty entertaining and the main characters are likeable. I hope they dial back on the humor and develop the protags more.
Apr 26, 2023 5:21 PM
Jun 2022
too much fuuny best anime episode i've ever seen
Sep 2, 2023 8:49 PM

Apr 2016
It truly feels like a RPG but it feels it lacks charm and this world feels so empty. Hikaru did the heroine thing perfectly, hoping the other two get to improve in that department.
This Presea lady could've give them more information instead of being with the "oh my, I'm so worried about them" expression.
Jan 14, 6:16 PM
Dec 2014
Watching an anime that was released on my birthday's year! So nostalgic. Probably if I had watched on my childhood I would love it! Today is just nice and nostalgic, but I can see the valor of this anime! Let's go!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 20 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

24 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 26, 3:49 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 19 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 5, 2011

11 by Timeline_man »»
Apr 25, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 18 Discussion

YukiPwns00 - Jan 4, 2011

13 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 17, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Magic Knight Rayearth Episode 12 Discussion

Mon_Diamond - Oct 15, 2011

16 by Radnitzky1890 »»
Apr 10, 12:30 AM

» What genre does Magic Knight Rayearth fall in?

funtime43_tr - Mar 31

2 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 2, 7:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.