Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
May 14, 2014 3:53 PM
Mar 2013
I want to know Sora and Shiro's IQ. Man, they seriously clever.
I now know why you guys want this episode to be animate.

Sora had skill from h-game. Is he play with shiro? Is he masturbate while playing h-game with her? XD
May 14, 2014 3:55 PM

Aug 2013
It was kinda hard to keep up with all the crazy things happening in the game, but it was awesome
May 14, 2014 3:57 PM
Feb 2014
Uzza said:
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:
If you're going to pull of the mass, then let me bring it straight back to the start. We can quite notably see they are slowly floating towards the core. If they accelerate towards the core FASTER than the oxygen in the atmosphere does, then there will be a point where they will have no oxygen.

That is not how gravity works.
Gravity affects all matter equally, and as such the oxygen would be accelerating at the same rate that they are. They would not, at any point in time, accelerate faster than the oxygen.

Well to be more precise it affects all oxygen for THEM with the same acceleration as themselves not all oxygen in general ;-)

The one that is closer to the core would fall faster than they did as they started falling and the one above them would fall slower.

Well but aren't we now heading a bit too far into physics xD I mean we are only "that" close to have gravity bend time and space XD

EDIT: I really didn't want to delve to deep into it for making it easier to understand :<

Yeah it is also based on the distance, though for the local area around them, the effect is so small that it can safely be ignored.
Besides that though, as they move closer to the core, the oxygen would slowly start getting denser as all the oxygen would be in a smaller area compared to at a higher altitude.

Yeah that is also true, the only thing that actually bothers me...do you think the friction of the oxygen together with the high velocity at that time would make them burn?

I'm actually not that sure as that is not remotely comparable to a comet where dirt is the deciding factor, but at some point they should start heating up and eventually burning because of the friction first of the rest of the air (without O2) and then only O2 until the atmosphere ceases to exist would add up.

Imo it shouldn't be possible until they nearly fall into the core (at which point it wouldn't matter anyways) but honestly I'm not sure ^^
May 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
This episode. Epitome of the word - Epic. Though I think that my word will continue to develop as this particular series goes on. Absolutely awesome. Jibril was hilarious and weird. Her thirst for knowledge is just so strange and on top of that she also beautiful. The part where the epicness started for me was the moment the game started, Sora said - Hydrogen Bomb. That itself was epic. Then he went on to get rid of everyone's clothing (omg shiro <333333, omg jibril, lel steph) and the lithosphere and even oxygen. And in the end, it was all a trick to make sure whatever jibril does won't have an impact by using the more scientific methods like the HYPPPERRNOVVAAA~ This episode was an 100% 5/5 for me. This anime is definitely the best one so far in 2014.
"No one knows what the future holds. That's why its potential is infinite.” - Okabe Rintarou

"El Psy Congroo."

Kirino Kyousake Picture
May 14, 2014 4:02 PM

Jul 2009
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:
Yeah it is also based on the distance, though for the local area around them, the effect is so small that it can safely be ignored.
Besides that though, as they move closer to the core, the oxygen would slowly start getting denser as all the oxygen would be in a smaller area compared to at a higher altitude.

Yeah that is also true, the only thing that actually bothers me...do you think the friction of the oxygen together with the high velocity at that time would make them burn?

I'm actually not that sure as that is not remotely comparable to a comet where dirt is the deciding factor, but at some point they should start heating up and eventually burning because of the friction first of the rest of the air (without O2) and then only O2 until the atmosphere ceases to exist would add up.

Imo it shouldn't be possible until they nearly fall into the core (at which point it wouldn't matter anyways) but honestly I'm not sure ^^

Friction is caused by the relative motion between two surfaces. Since everything is in free fall towards the core, the relative motion would be 0, so no friction would occur, at least not through vertical motion.
May 14, 2014 4:03 PM

Dec 2013
I thought some parts of the episode looked amazing, and as a physics student, the physics tricks were clever. I don't need it to be THAT realistic, to the point where I'd take offense to how it was portrayed; I had a lot of fun! Just the fact that the show can go this far in its games and bring such great battles into animation is great.

However, besides all of the pointless fanservice that has been coming up every episode but remains tolerable and sometimes fun, I REALLY DID NOT LIKE the "circular breathing" part. It was a barebones attempt at putting in an incestuous hint, with a very underaged girl no less, under a seemingly intelligent excuse (circular breathing, right....) when in reality there is no such thing. Circular breathing is nothing like what is shown, it has nothing to do with sustaining yourself in the absence of air or presence of toxic gas, or sharing air between two people. It's bullshit, and it pushed the fanservice way too far for my taste. Disappointed.
May 14, 2014 4:09 PM
Feb 2014
Uzza said:
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:

Friction is caused by the relative motion between two surfaces. Since everything is in free fall towards the core, the relative motion would be 0, so no friction would occur, at least not through vertical motion.

Yes but as you said the density of the oxygen would rise while they come closer to the core. When the density rises oxygen particles are bound to hit each other hence deriving from their former course and because of the free fall they wouldn't stray from that new course until another force changes it; that alone should enable friction in places with high O2 density.
May 14, 2014 4:12 PM
Oct 2012
5Wishes said:
Wow, besides the creepy genital-less fanservice, this episode was amazing! For once, the female characters are likable (Unlike Black Bullet...koffkoff) And Jibril is an amazing character~ I'm enjoying every second of this series, it's definitely worth the hype.

Though I would call that a parody of fanservice than real fanservice. It was no more "erotic" then seeing store mannequins.

You weren't doing this (because you were commenting on the genital-less aspect), but the haters who are getting all pissy about "fanservice" this episode really don't get that they are the butt of the joke.

Someone somewhere was going on about how this is "wish fulfillment", which I guess means that they think that others out there get jacked on mannequins (I guess similar to them).
May 14, 2014 4:13 PM

Mar 2014
Sora was the supreme epitome of gaming strategy. That Shiritori was incredible and creative. Incredble episode. Scientifically intruiging, using the power of words to destroy the planet is insane. Jibril put up an amazing fight.
May 14, 2014 4:32 PM
Jul 2013
The most epic game of shiratori I have ever seen. I still want that OST during the Coulomb's force part, it's so epic x.x.
They played it out so well and deeply t hat it made it the most intense moment of a word game I have ever been shown.
May 14, 2014 4:34 PM

Mar 2013
One of the best episodes I've seen in a while. Fun, funny, exciting, weird and climatic. This show just keeps on getting better and better!
May 14, 2014 4:35 PM

Sep 2013
That was the best episode of the show thus far, but that doesn't say much for me. Still a meh show.
Time is money, but money won't turn back the clock.
May 14, 2014 4:38 PM

Nov 2012
Loved the game and episode this week. Looking forward to what Sora and Shiro have planned for next week.
May 14, 2014 4:45 PM

Sep 2013
That was freaking awesome! Sora schooled Jibril, Shino didn't do much during the game.
May 14, 2014 4:53 PM

Aug 2012
So awesome ! This game was amazing ! Yukari Tamura did great job voicing Jibril ;3 . One of the best episodes this week .
May 14, 2014 5:02 PM
Jul 2018
Jibril was awesome and hot.

The game was so intense. That's kissing scene between Sora and Shiro.
May 14, 2014 5:02 PM

Apr 2014
The animation is just superb in this episode.

This is the best episode so far in No Game No Life.
"All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."
-Winston Churchill
May 14, 2014 5:15 PM

Jan 2013
Favorite episode yet. Loved the game, and use of astrophysics.
May 14, 2014 5:16 PM

Jan 2011
Score up to 9/10 after this episode. Best episode of the season so far, hands down. Fucking epic.
May 14, 2014 5:30 PM

May 2013
DAMN that episode was fucking brilliant. I love this show to this point. This season has really surprised me with all the great shows it's providing!!!
May 14, 2014 5:32 PM

Aug 2008
Hmm... I have conflicting thoughts about this episode. I enjoyed the intellectualism between Jibril and the siblings, but I feel like the physics was wrong in certain cases.

First off, the game should have ended (if I'm correct) once oxygen disappeared. Even if the oxygen within the bodies did not disappear, there really is no way to maintain bodily function (let alone think of complex words related to physics) properly. Also, respiring through the mouth? I don't think that would nearly be enough in a vacuum...

I did like how Sora started off with hydrogen bomb, though. That was really unexpected and funny.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 14, 2014 5:49 PM
Sep 2012
OMG the episode was just EPIC but i can't belive that no one knows what realy happened in the end :-?
This is happening probably because that fu**** stupid translation :( Academic &$$# 3#$% WTF and again WHAT THE F*** ???
There was written Weak Power or Weak Force ... If anyone ever read something about particle physics he would have knownt that the universe is ruled by 4 big forces : strong interaction, electromagnetism, gravitation AND WEAK FORCE ... Now what happened in reality :-? Let's see : Acording with the rules of the game something that is there will dissapear and something that isn't will appear .... To be more accurate : When Jibril said during the game WEAK FORCE she made the Weak Nuclear Force that is everywhere in the universe to disapear and in the same time the ELECTROMAGNETIC FORCE , also known as COULOMB'S FORCE , took it's place even in the name on his paper note ... After that Sora turned the paper containing the new word that just appeared and destroyed the EM force ...
The rest is prety well explainted

Other things that seems like are unclear :
EOS LUMO = The Sun ...Jibril made the sun to disappear.
Nodes --- BAD TRANSLATION --- well it was refering about debrees left on her right - there is not an acuarete tranlation for this
Sepia - Again bad translation , better said Mirror - Sora made the debrees on his left side to disapear

Stupid translation , Epic episode :D

PS : some more stuffs that you seem to not know :

1) If you release all your air from your lungs you can survive in space for 1-2 minutes
2) Circular Breathing - that realy exists and can help 2 people to live 2-3 minutes more than without respiring

STILLL I HATE ONLY ONE THING ABOUT THIS EPISODE : Minute 14:32 Jibril says a word ----- Minute 15:21 Sora and Shiro says the next word :(((((( 15:21 - 14:32 = 49 seconds ... by the rules of the game , it should have ended if Sora didn't say any word for 30 seconds :( :( :( EPIC FAIL THERE
andelMay 14, 2014 6:12 PM
May 14, 2014 5:50 PM

Jan 2014
There is something that I caught my eye, even when foreign words where used (with katakanas), they had hiragana as their furigana [exaple: at the 12:00 mark, Jibril used "Bikini" ビキニ, but the hiragana びきに was used above that (both read "bikini")]. Can someone explain why it was done?

Side-note: Jubril's seiyuu, Tamura Yukari, voiced Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru's Natsukawa Masuzu (I can hear the similarities) AND Kill la Kill's Harime Nui (doesn't sound similar at all). That some vocal range right here
BlazePonyMay 14, 2014 6:12 PM
May 14, 2014 5:56 PM
Oct 2012
^^ +1

I already pointed out that they screwed "crust" up, I am curious if they screwed up "circular breathing" as well since I couldn't quite catch the word.
May 14, 2014 5:57 PM

Aug 2008
Hameyadea said:

Side-note: Jubril's seiyuu, Tamura Yukari voiced Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru's Natsukawa Masuzu (I can hear the similarities) AND Kill la Kill's Harime Nui (don't sound similar at all). That some vocal range right here

Indeed. I can't always tell who voices who, but if it's Tamura Yukari, I can pick it up quickly. She is very talented, and I'm glad that she has a role in this anime.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
May 14, 2014 6:05 PM

Jul 2012
Oh my god that was fantastic. If the future battles get any more intense I do not know how to handle them.

Great episode!!!!!!!!
May 14, 2014 6:08 PM

Jan 2008
andel said:
OMG the episode was just EPIC but i can't belive that no one knows what realy happened in the end :-?
This is happening probably because that fu**** stupid translation :( Academic &$$# 3#$% WTF and again WHAT THE F*** ???
There was written Weak Power or Weak Force ... If anyone ever read something about particle physics he would have knownt that the universe is ruled by 4 big forces : strong interaction, electromagnetism, gravitation AND WEAK FORCE ... Now what happened in reality :-? Let's see : Acording with the rules of the game something that is there will dissapear and something that isn't will appear .... To be more accurate : When Jibril said during the game WEAK FORCE she made the Weak Nuclear Force that is everywhere in the universe to disapear and in the same time the Strong interaction , also known as COULOMB'S FORCE , took it's place and filled the world , replacing the WEAK FORCE event the name on his paper note ... After that Sora turned the paper containing the new word that just appeared and distroyed the Strong force ...
The rest is prety well explainted

Other things that seems like are unclear :
Nodes --- BAD TRANSLATION --- well it was refering about debrees left on her right - there is not an acuarete tranlation for this
Sepia - Again bad translation , better said Mirror - Sora made the debrees on his left side to disapear

Stupid translation , Epic episode :D

PS : some more stuffs that you seem to not know :

1) If you release all your air from your lungs you can survive in space for 1-2 minutes
2) Circular Breathing - that realy exists and can help 2 people to live 2-3 minutes more than without respiring

STILLL I HATE ONLY ONE THING ABOUT THIS EPISODE : Minute 14:32 Jibril says a word ----- Minute 15:21 Sora and Shiro says the next word :(((((( 15:21 - 14:32 = 49 seconds ... by the rules of the game , it should have ended if Sora didn't say any word for 30 seconds :( :( :( EPIC FAIL THERE

Fantastic post that needs to be read by more people. I nearly punched my screen when I saw "anjaku" translated as "empty headed academic." Like, what in the goddamn fuck?
May 14, 2014 6:10 PM

Jan 2014
andel said:

When Jibril said "Asa" (was translated as "Eos Lumo"), it can be translated as "morning" or "bright"

When Sora said "Tane'u'e" (was translated as "Sepia"), the Kanji used mean "various plants." Basically, flora (still doesn't explain why the non-plants objects disappeared as well)
May 14, 2014 6:12 PM
Jul 2013
I really enjoy the science talk in here.
I do agree that some of the physics and human physiology in this episode was used very liberally and is a bit shaky when examined more closely. However, this show is really over-the-top 'turn-your-mind-off and enjoy the silliness'. I'd say if you decided to look up Coulomb's force or the lithosphere after seeing the episode, it's a good thing, whether or not the show actually used it correctly or not. =P

If you want to talk science, I think removing the mantle and crust should've already caused the lithosphere to collapse inwards, since there would be nothing to support the lithosphere and keep it from collapsing towards the core of the planet.

The fact that they switch between languages, even though they say they can, still seems kinda wonky to me. For example, from the Japanese "E" (Sora's, "Ta-ne-u-e"), Jibril goes to the word "Air" (Eh-Ah). Are the rules simply via similar sounds? Or would it also have been fine if she used an English word that started with "E"? On another note, what if you said "sun"--would some dude's son appear? (How does the game account for homonyms?)

Clarity of the rules is hugely important if they hope that the viewers can understand the game as they watch. However, the show (possibly the LN as well; have not read yet) keeps the rules vague so that it is able to pull out these crazy stunts as it goes, with the viewer in the dark until they're revealed. I can see how this would irk people. It...works for me, though, since it does it in a way that is so crazy and off the wall that you can kind of tell they aren't taking it too seriously themselves.

So I like the science talk in here, but don't get too upset if NGNL isn't taking it too seriously =P
May 14, 2014 6:16 PM

Jan 2008
NorseFTX said:
I do agree that some of the physics and human physiology in this episode was used very liberally and is a bit shaky when examined more closely. However, this show is really over-the-top 'turn-your-mind-off and enjoy the silliness'. I'd say if you decided to look up Coulomb's force or the lithosphere after seeing the episode, it's a good thing, whether or not the show actually used it correctly or not. =P

If you want to talk science, I think removing the mantle and crust should've already caused the lithosphere to collapse inwards, since there would be nothing to support the lithosphere and keep it from collapsing towards the core of the planet.

The fact that they switch between languages, even though they say they can, still seems kinda wonky to me. For example, from the Japanese "E" (Sora's, "Ta-ne-u-e"), Jibril goes to the word "Air" (Eh-Ah). Are the rules simply via similar sounds? Or would it also have been fine if she used an English word that started with "E"? On another note, what if you said "sun"--would some dude's son appear? (How does the game account for homonyms?)

Clarity of the rules is hugely important if they hope that the viewers can understand the game as they watch. However, the show (possibly the LN as well; have not read yet) keeps the rules vague so that it is able to pull out these crazy stunts as it goes, with the viewer in the dark until they're revealed. I can see how this would irk people. It...works for me, though, since it does it in a way that is so crazy and off the wall that you can kind of tell they aren't taking it too seriously themselves.

So I like the science talk in here, but don't get too upset if NGNL isn't taking it too seriously =P

Only responding to the language part of your post. tane ue ends with the hiragana え Yes, Jibril says air, and that's an English word, but all English words can be represented in Japanese katakana. Air would be エア. The え in tane ue and the エ in エア are the same sound in Japanese, so yeah, it was a legal move.
May 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Apr 2013
Pretty amazing and at the same time fun episode
+ science talk is interesting
I can't get enough of this
May 14, 2014 6:19 PM

Jan 2014
NorseFTX said:

Regarding the science: Important thing that people, seemingly, are forgetting is the No Game No Life is an ANIME, not a documentary. And I agree with you, after I finished watching this episode, I looked-up some of the words that were used in the Shiritori. If I, as a viewer, was motiveted to check out something that was used/said in a show, in my book, that a success for the show writers.

Regarding the Shiritori: Since it was established that any language can be used, playing Shiritori with the exact letters would be problematic, so they probably chose the "beginning with the same sound", rather than "beginning with the same character/letter." Hence Tane'u'e (ends with an "E" sound) > Air (begins with an "E" sound)
BlazePonyMay 14, 2014 6:25 PM
May 14, 2014 6:22 PM

Jun 2013
Does anyone know what were the songs used throughout the episode? (NOT the opening/closing themes).

Thanks in advance :3

@Reply on my profile, rarely check back forum threads

HummingBird | DeviantArt | MAL | MML

May 14, 2014 6:27 PM
Oct 2012
NorseFTX said:
(How does the game account for homonyms?)

Well, there is the problem that people are being a tad too picky on a show that is primarily a comedy/fantasy and not science fiction, but an even bigger problem is that they are being picky based on their bad information, whether the bad translation or their own lack on information and that in general the writer is far more correct than the viewers.

As for homonyms, it looks like the person's intent holds sway, this was made clear with the whole Gaikaku /= crust point I made earlier. Both words are pronounced the same way, but Sora definitely meant it one way, not another.

As for the game, repeating a word, even if you meant it a different way, would cause you to lose the game. That is the basic rule. But outside of that, as long as it isn't the exact same sound you are okay. Another rule I mentioned earlier is that you can end a word with the Japanese syllable ("n") because no words begin with that syllable.

Edit: no special rule was used, all words were in japanese. ue has to syllables, eu has two syllables (and eu while derived from English is used quite a lot in Japanese). The second word starts with the last syllable of the first world. Perfectly valid play.
May 14, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2013
Panaru said:
Only responding to the language part of your post. tane ue ends with the hiragana え Yes, Jibril says air, and that's an English word, but all English words can be represented in Japanese katakana. Air would be エア. The え in tane ue and the エ in エア are the same sound in Japanese, so yeah, it was a legal move.

Mm, yes, but...hrm. Well, any word in any language can be represented in Japanese katakana. So that means words like "エジェル" ajër, Albanian word for air, would also work? Or any word in any language that starts with a remotely similar vowel would work?
Also, after she said "エア" for air, apparently using Japanese phonetics was legal (Sora used a word that starts with A, A-to-mo-su-fe-a, even if the English word "Air" ends with an R). However, would it still be legal to use an English word that starts with R (aiR)?

(Lol, I know I'm overthinking this, but this episode got me excited, and now there's an entire week's wait til the next, so I'm gonna overthink this as I please. =P )
May 14, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2008
I can't get over how utterly terrible CR was this episode. They seemed to sacrifice all semblance of letting their audience understand the meanings of things in favor of OMG IT'D BE SO COOL IF OUR ENGLISH WORDS MATCHED THE LETTERS PROPERLY.

種植え (tane ue) translating into "sepia"? Seriously. How in the FUCK does that even make any sense?
May 14, 2014 6:31 PM

Jan 2011
Really liked this episode more than rest but damn these forums are giving me KLK flashbacks was it acutally that good? Like HxH gooood or was it simply because of the visuals and cleverness/knowledge of science Sora had that i didn't get it since i'm not much of a science guy to get behind all the stuff that happened to fully understand it.

having said that i hope it continues to have creative games like this

starting wonder what this might have turned out to been if it didn't have any Ecchi in it
May 14, 2014 6:34 PM

Jan 2008
NorseFTX said:
Panaru said:

Mm, yes, but...hrm. Well, any word in any language can be represented in Japanese katakana. So that means words like "エジェル" ajër, Albanian word for air, would also work? Or any word in any language that starts with a remotely similar vowel would work?
Also, after she said "エア" for air, apparently using Japanese phonetics was legal (Sora used a word that starts with A, A-to-mo-su-fe-a, even if the English word "Air" ends with an R). However, would it still be legal to use an English word that starts with R (aiR)?

(Lol, I know I'm overthinking this, but this episode got me excited, and now there's an entire week's wait til the next, so I'm gonna overthink this as I please. =P )
NorseFTX said:
Panaru said:

Good question (regarding starting with an R since language switching was valid).

I think as far as the rules of the game it would've been valid to use a word that started with "r" since language switching was allowed, but for the purpose of clarity the author kept using Japanese syllables as the basis of responses.
May 14, 2014 6:35 PM

Jan 2014
It's probably just me, but I was confused most of the time I watched this episode >__< . I'm starting not to like this show as much as I did at the begging, but that's my opinion. Dat Skyrim Reference at the end tho LOL !
May 14, 2014 6:41 PM
Oct 2012
NorseFTX said:

Overthinking is fun!

When Sora asked if foreign words could be used, he meant words translated into Japanese katakana (a little Japanese provincialism at play, but if this had been in English no one would have thought differently). There are fairly specific methods for doing this, so the transcription would be pretty standard.

So no, you couldn't say "air" and then start a word with "r", because air is transcribed as e-a never e-ru. As for using exotic foreign words, as you say from Albanian, the best way around this would be to say that all Sora was confirming was that using Japanese words of foreign origin was okay, not all foreign words. So Arubito (derived from the German word for part time worker) would be okay, but not "temp" because the latter word, as far as I know is never used.

All the words that Sora used were words that most Japanese know. Which is why they didn't have to translate the words.

Cedronia said:
Pretty amazing and at the same time fun episode
+ science talk is interesting
I can't get enough of this

I agree, the science talk is fun because the more people work at it, the more it is clear that the writer had at least tried to make sense of it, that is fun.

This is like the Chess game. I didn't worry too much when I watched, I just enjoyed the insanity, but when other people questioned the logic, and a couple of use started thinking about it, we discovered that yes, it made COMPLETE sense based on the lines the writer used throughout the game. Granted we had to make a a couple of the connections (primarily understanding the archetypes underlying each piece), but with just a little bit of work everything in the end made sense.

Same here with the physics. Just watching was fun, but complainers have to complain, and in the end we are down to 2 very minor complaints (1, whether they were in the vacuum for more than 15 seconds (most likely they weren't), and 2) one scene was animated a bit too long).

But everything else actually more or less holds up, and in discovering this, it makes one appreciate the writer even more. I don't ask for perfection, but I do want my writers to at least try!

Mod Edit: Merged posts; please use the edit button.
julyanMay 15, 2014 5:00 AM
May 14, 2014 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
LOL dat hypernova
Jibril is bloody insane. Love her.
Sora's laugh after all the girls clothes disappear XD
The power of words. Daamn.
Probably my favourite episode now.
May 14, 2014 6:56 PM

Dec 2013
This game didn't have as much strategy as I hoped for, but it was great nevertheless. I was satisfied with Sora using knowledge from his own world to defeat her, but a neet who has actually studied physics? o.o

About the game in this episode, it felt like there weren't too many explanations. Not sure if they cut down the explanations from the LN since I haven't read it, but it definitely felt like they were rushing to compress the stuff into one episode, compared to the previous ones.

I thought that the Skyrim reference was only a western thing, so I was surprised to hear it in the preview.
May 14, 2014 7:04 PM

May 2012
My mind was kinda corrupted for a while there :)))
May 14, 2014 7:07 PM

Oct 2009
Haha epic episode.
Love how Sora made fan service "Safe for all ages" by removing woman's private parts (manko), nipples (chikubi), before removing their clothes (Josei fuku)
Thus your left with a smooth outline of a female body with technically nothing showing.
Jibril is such an awesome character.
Looking forward to next week
Anime, Food and Sleep Who needs anything more!
May 14, 2014 7:33 PM

Jan 2014
Application of Science makes it epic for me. ^^
I love Math equations and 2D, so deal with it.
May 14, 2014 7:36 PM

Feb 2014
I really can't tell all the hype surrounding this other than lots of fanservice and boobs. The story is average and if they kept it serious like in the first episode that would be fantastic, but every 5 seconds they have some crazy laugh or ecchi scene.

On a side note: Whats with all the incest this season?
"All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players"
Shakespeare.
May 14, 2014 7:43 PM
Jul 2013
zperson5 said:
I really can't tell all the hype surrounding this other than lots of fanservice and boobs. The story is average and if they kept it serious like in the first episode that would be fantastic, but every 5 seconds they have some crazy laugh or ecchi scene.

On a side note: Whats with all the incest this season?

shiro and sora aren't blood related

Mod Edit: Removed Insult.
julyanMay 15, 2014 5:01 AM
May 14, 2014 7:47 PM

Jul 2010
That unexpected kiss.
Well I enjoyed the mind game, and even more the fanservice, strangely but true.
So, I guess he's going to build a harem amirait?
May 14, 2014 7:53 PM
Jul 2013
Anon1409 said:
This game didn't have as much strategy as I hoped for, but it was great nevertheless. I was satisfied with Sora using knowledge from his own world to defeat her, but a neet who has actually studied physics? o.o

About the game in this episode, it felt like there weren't too many explanations. Not sure if they cut down the explanations from the LN since I haven't read it, but it definitely felt like they were rushing to compress the stuff into one episode, compared to the previous ones.

I thought that the Skyrim reference was only a western thing, so I was surprised to hear it in the preview.

sora's tablets containing 40,000+ books did you miss that part huh moron?

he reads book in order to clear games in the real world

that's why they even need the library to win every game 100% chance.
julyanMay 15, 2014 5:01 AM
May 14, 2014 7:54 PM

Sep 2010
If i dont remember bad Sora baited the flugel to say something as "weak or similar" in the novel. So they could survive longer too, it was really key. But here is translated as empty-headed academic? What is that?

And the flugel although she agrees to serve Sora and Shiro she is forced because they said that now she was their propierty in the novel, if i dont remember bad. So all those debate about why the flugel is agreeing to serve them are trivial. She is forced to do it although she is pleased to do and it is because she hates Tet (And they want to challenge him)who forbid her to kill (they explain about the slaughter than flugels love to do too in this novel), who defeated their masters etc... And because Sora and Shiro are amusing for her, but she is forced to serve them anyway.

It is not a deep novel is really a light novel but they are squeezing the story too much, many things are unexplained, i think that it is not a bad adaptation, but this episode had to be two episodes, the same as the chess game. No second season 100% sure now, and they are going to do each novel in two episodes or three as max.

Im dissapointed because they are burning the novels too fast and they are explaining key points not really well but they are keeping all the fanservice of the novels. How i said it is not a bad adaptation but i am a little disappointed.
War_lotharMay 15, 2014 4:14 AM
Pages (15) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.