Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 14, 2014 2:40 PM

Jul 2011
Robin6128 said:

The lack of pressure would cause their fluids to boil, and heat is lost fast. Ignoring the core for a moment, that would lead to fluids freezing and death within 1 minute. I have sources for that too, if you want.

They weren't in vacuum longer than a few seconds. They would've lost consciousness long before any of that happened.
May 14, 2014 2:40 PM
Feb 2014
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:
Robin6128 said:
Additionally, I'm pretty sure the heat of the core would cause them both to die of heat. I'm sure the human body is not so resistant to heat is it?

In a vacuum they surely wouldn't survive for much over 2 minutes (according to sources).

Now you even answered your own question...in a vacuum bodies can't hold their temperatur but that on the other hand means that the emission of the core lost most of its temperatur until it reached Sora and Shiro, hence they didn't freeze, nor did they die in the heat until they reached the core

The lack of pressure would cause their fluids to boil, and heat is lost fast. Ignoring the core for a moment, that would lead to fluids freezing and death within 1 minute. I have sources for that too, if you want.

Lol yes now you basically said what I did more complex -.- and I wanted to make it easier to understand not harder.

And yes the heat of the core DOES play a role there...ever heard of the "background noise" that goes through space?

That is heat that was part of the Big Bang that happened millions of years ago...and you want to tell me that all heat of the core disperses until it reaches those 2?
May 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
Robin6128 said:

Vsauce to the rescue!
http://youtu.be/lD08CuUi_Ek?t=8m48s
May 14, 2014 2:42 PM

Dec 2011
So you're trying to say that the heat from the core conveniently regulates the fluids so they don't freeze, but don't overheat at the same time?
May 14, 2014 2:44 PM

Dec 2011
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:

Vsauce to the rescue!
http://youtu.be/lD08CuUi_Ek?t=8m48s

15 seconds. 4 times a faster death
May 14, 2014 2:45 PM
Feb 2014
Robin6128 said:
So you're trying to say that the heat from the core conveniently regulates the fluids so they don't freeze, but don't overheat at the same time?

Only for some seconds...as that is all it takes for them to do what they did in the anime; as you said: even without an external source of heat humans can still survive for around 1 minute in the cold until they freeze to death, and they didn't need anymore than that.
May 14, 2014 2:47 PM

Dec 2011
Caleb8980 said:
Robin6128 said:

Only for some seconds...as that is all it takes for them to do what they did in the anime; as you said: even without an external source of heat humans can still survive for around 1 minute in the cold until they freeze to death, and they didn't need anymore than that.

1800 miles from the core, I doubt that would happen so conveniently.
May 14, 2014 2:49 PM

Feb 2013
I don't even fucking know, hunter x hunter 126 and this made the year already for me, puta que pariu caralho quem diria que uma das merdas epicas que ia ver esse ano foi de um brasileiro
May 14, 2014 2:50 PM

Apr 2013
I'm actually really surprised they fit it all in one episode considering the chess game being split into 2 episodes.

May 14, 2014 2:51 PM
Feb 2014
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:
Robin6128 said:

1800 miles from the core, I doubt that would happen so conveniently.

Sigh...you are forgetting 2 things:

1. The heat coming from the core doesn't need to be 20 degree Celsius when it reaches them, everything from -30 to 50 is fine for some minutes so the window of time they had was that much bigger.

2. As I posted way up the Radius is in denominator of the formula and even ^2 hence the closer they get to the core the faster they are falling hence making the time of the fall that much shorter.

EDIT: Now before sth comes about the Gs they have on their body and how that would crush their lungs...They are in free fall so no force has a direct effect on the body apart from the gravitational force.
May 14, 2014 2:52 PM

Apr 2012
wow that was so satisfying i'm kinda at a loss for words
May 14, 2014 2:56 PM

Dec 2011
Now that is the kind of game I want. The best game played so far. The previous episodes doesn't compare.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 2:57 PM

Dec 2011
Caleb8980 said:

1. The heat coming from the core doesn't need to be 20 degree Celsius when it reaches them, everything from -30 to 50 is fine for some minutes so the window of time they had was that much bigger.

2. As I posted way up the Radius is in denominator of the formula and even ^2 hence the closer they get to the core the faster they are falling hence making the time of the fall that much shorter

Ok then, let's assume that this world is a lot smaller than Earth, as they fall at some ridiculous velocity. They accelerate. So if they can fall so quickly, then it's hard to believe that the gas particals can't do the same. That would dissipate the atmosphere which leads me back to my previous point which you ignored.

-30 to 50? is that pulling out some random figures?
May 14, 2014 2:59 PM

Jul 2011
Caleb8980 said:

2. As I posted way up the Radius is in denominator of the formula and even ^2 hence the closer they get to the core the faster they are falling hence making the time of the fall that much shorter.

EDIT: Now before sth comes about the Gs they have on their body and how that would crush their lungs...They are in free fall so no force has a direct effect on the body apart from the gravitational force.

I think the most important part he's forgetting is that time is stretched/slowed down due to the inner monologues and explanations. It sounds like he's assuming that it's all real time and they're falling for minutes on end.
May 14, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2012
I have to say that this has been the best episode of the entire season so far for me. I have NEVER laughed so much and enjoyed an anime as much as this episode. It even trumps Akuma no Riddle, and Black bullet for me. Plus all the prior shows I've watched over the years.

Really enjoyed this one!

EDIT: No wonder why so many of you who have read the LN have been waiting for this episode to be animated.

Mod Edit: Removed spam.
julyanMay 15, 2014 4:44 AM
May 14, 2014 3:00 PM

Dec 2011
DivAsakust said:

I think the most important part he's forgetting is that time is stretched/slowed down due to the inner monologues and explanations. It sounds like he's assuming that it's all real time and they're falling for minutes on end.

I'm assuming based upon the 30 second rule...
May 14, 2014 3:01 PM

Aug 2012
Frickin' awsome ep. love every second of it. And how creative was the Shiritori , mindblowing .
May 14, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2013
"I used to be a gamer like you, until I took an arrow to the knee" -best reference so far. Props for the Cthulu in the background, too!

Best episode so far, this was EPIC. Loved Jibril, hope to see more of her!

So far this is my only 10 for the season.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
May 14, 2014 3:04 PM
Feb 2014
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:

2. As I posted way up the Radius is in denominator of the formula and even ^2 hence the closer they get to the core the faster they are falling hence making the time of the fall that much shorter

Ok then, let's assume that this world is a lot smaller than Earth, as they fall at some ridiculous velocity. They accelerate. So if they can fall so quickly, then it's hard to believe that the gas particals can't do the same. That would dissipate the atmosphere which leads me back to my previous point which you ignored.

I didn't ignore it...I even posted the formula of gravitation to make my point more solid...
Pls don't tell me that you think that the mass of a particle is even comparable to the mass of the human body... oxygen has a mass of 15,999 u with 1u=1,6605402⋅10^-27kg

Does this in your eyes even remotely compare to the mass of Sora and Shiro?

And yes -30 and 50 were out of my head but I experienced them both so I can make at least halfway accurate guesses.
May 14, 2014 3:05 PM

Jul 2009
Going by the earth, the heat flux of the core is a bit under 0.09 W/m2. Compare this to the solar constant which is 1361 W/m2 at earth, and <300 W/m2 at the surface. I don't think the heat from the core would be of much help.
UzzaMay 14, 2014 3:15 PM
May 14, 2014 3:06 PM
Oct 2012
Robin6128 said:

Remember that she HAD to respond in under 30 seconds (they even specifically highlighted it) and he immediately responded, so chances are that the entire transaction happened when they entered vacuum was completed in under 20 seconds so since they had cleared their lungs before the entered into it, they would have been okay for that time period.

Also, I like how she took away the sun, in a vaccum the sun's radiation would have sunburned them, so with it gone that removed one of the bigger threats they would have had even in that short of time.
May 14, 2014 3:07 PM
May 2011
Can someone explain what was the thing with the 'empty headed academic' ??? what was she trying to achieve with that
May 14, 2014 3:09 PM
Feb 2014
Uzza said:
Going by the earth, the heat flux of the core is a bit under 0.09 W/m2. Compare this to the solar constant which is 1361 W/m2 at earth. I don't think the heat from the core would be of much help.

Well yes but the sunlight has to travel ca. 8x60x300000 (sry I'm too lazy to now solve this xD) kms until it gets here, that is a much huger amount of way that the heat of the earth with only at most 1800 miles has to travel.

EDIT: Concerning your edit xD: Yes that is also true and as I said that heat won't amount to much but it is a life safer in those few seconds they have to get the game going to win ;-D

Jul 2011
myungpetrucci said:
Can someone explain what was the thing with the 'empty headed academic' ??? what was she trying to achieve with that

It actually says "weak" or as in "the weak minded". It doesn't do anything, it was just something Sora taught Jibril to insult her with, and something she threw back at him. It was a giant bait.
Mar 2014
You know, it doesn't even matter whether the core is warming them or not. They wouldn't freeze to death in those 30 seconds anyway, as the only way to lose heat in a vacuum is by radiating it out, and that takes a while.
May 14, 2014 3:11 PM

Feb 2012
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:

And yes -30 and 50 were out of my head but I experienced them both so I can make at least halfway accurate guesses.

If you're going to pull of the mass, then let me bring it straight back to the start. We can quite notably see they are slowly floating towards the core. If they accelerate towards the core FASTER than the oxygen in the atmosphere does, then there will be a point where they will have no oxygen. They will die within 15 seconds, from lack of oxygen to the brain. Or at least become unconscious, which they didn't.

We don't know how hot exactly the core is, or how much heat it radiates. Assuming that their fluids are regulated just so they can survive is a convenience.

DIRECT INTERFERENCE
May 14, 2014 3:12 PM

Jul 2009
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:
Going by the earth, the heat flux of the core is a bit under 0.09 W/m2. Compare this to the solar constant which is 1361 W/m2 at earth. I don't think the heat from the core would be of much help.

Well yes but the sunlight has to travel ca. 8x60x300000 (sry I'm too lazy to now solve this xD) kms until it gets here, that is a much huger amount of way that the heat of the earth with only at most 1800 miles has to travel.

That doesn't matter, because the flux density is affected by the distance of the radiant surface, and the energy output of it. Since the sun has such a large energy output, the flux density is much higher even that large of a distance. The core however has orders of magnitude less energy output, so even at that close of a distance, the flux density is not high.
May 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Dec 2011
EVERYTHING is direct interference if it works against the protagonists apparently. Oh the convenience levels...
May 14, 2014 3:13 PM

Apr 2014
wow... that was epic
May 14, 2014 3:15 PM

Apr 2014
myungpetrucci said:

she knew Shiro had writen that on his paper. So if those words dissepair. She thought Shiro would have lost his last possibility of responding (because they couldn't talk anymore in vacuum)
However, Shiro saw that comming too ofcourse. and had something else written on the back.
May 14, 2014 3:18 PM
Feb 2014
Robin6128 said:
Caleb8980 said:

If you're going to pull of the mass, then let me bring it straight back to the start. We can quite notably see they are slowly floating towards the core. If they accelerate towards the core FASTER than the oxygen in the atmosphere does, then there will be a point where they will have no oxygen. They will die within 15 seconds, from lack of oxygen to the brain. Or at least become unconscious, which they didn't.

We don't know how hot exactly the core is, or how much heat it radiates. Assuming that their fluids are regulated just so they can survive is a convenience.

Now you are falling back to your argument that was already solved...the air they breathed in was at the start of their fall.

At this point the oxygen would still be around them as the radius to the core was high they would fall relative slowly, hence they can take air in...then they said oxygen hence all O2 disappeared.

Then Jibril said air; making only O2 spawn !everywhere! as it would spawn everywhere it was not before like the rules of the games said, so they had a medium to say "atmosphere"

After atmosphere was said all O2 disappeared hence we had no more medium for Jibril.

And as I explained way back the oxygen in their bodies didn't disappear because it would directly lead to their death, which was forbidden.
May 14, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2009
Robin6128 said:
If you're going to pull of the mass, then let me bring it straight back to the start. We can quite notably see they are slowly floating towards the core. If they accelerate towards the core FASTER than the oxygen in the atmosphere does, then there will be a point where they will have no oxygen.

That is not how gravity works.
Gravity affects all matter equally, and as such the oxygen would be accelerating at the same rate that they are. They would not, at any point in time, accelerate faster than the oxygen.
May 14, 2014 3:21 PM
Oct 2012
myungpetrucci said:

The characters actually meant "weak sound", so it means "weak and stupid", the 'empty headed academic' is an archaic use.

This is a bit detailed, but the point wasn't that she expected it to do something, in the game all she had to do was to transmit the word and he would have had to respond, since he couldn't speak either and only had a few seconds left she didn't expect him to be able to respond in 30 seconds. She picked that word in particular because she wanted to rub it back in Sora's face.

However her mistake is that ideograms are ideograms. Since there was already the characters on the piece of paper her using the expression dematerialized the ideogram, and changed it to Sora's turn. And he responded with what he had written on the paper.
May 14, 2014 3:22 PM

Nov 2012
Nice intense game. Dat first move of Sora thou, seriously who will think to summon an Hydrogen bomb in that type of game made real. I thought it was GG, in the end they end up on saying complicated scientific theories.

The fanservice was fun, wait are they kissing?, and that Skyrim reference after the ED. Overall great episode, I give it 5/5.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 14, 2014 3:22 PM

Sep 2012
Surprisingly a very good episode considering how I disliked this anime so far. Everything tied up pretty well (Even the censorship made sense! LOL), and that ending was quite epic.

I hope it'll continue to surprise me like that.
SetsukoHaraMay 14, 2014 3:43 PM
May 14, 2014 3:24 PM
Feb 2014
Uzza said:
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:

That doesn't matter, because the flux density is affected by the distance of the radiant surface, and the energy output of it. Since the sun has such a large energy output, the flux density is much higher even that large of a distance. The core however has orders of magnitude less energy output, so even at that close of a distance, the flux density is not high.

Yes I already said that this would not save them, but if they manage to fall to the point of which the heat can reach them it would make their lifes longer by some seconds; the amount of time they needed to win the game.

Now we could discuss if the velocity they fall with would be fast enough to make it to that point but as we don't know G of Disboard I guess that would lead to longwinded discussions without any real end.
May 14, 2014 3:27 PM

Mar 2014
Great episode, great characters, great game.
And dat Skyrim reference...
May 14, 2014 3:28 PM
Oct 2012
Robin6128 said:
EVERYTHING is direct interference if it works against the protagonists apparently. Oh the convenience levels...

Ah, so instead of responding to what everyone else has shown why it worked, you took the one person who said the thing you had been hoping someone to say.

Mod Edit: Removed Insults.
julyanMay 15, 2014 4:52 AM
May 14, 2014 3:30 PM

May 2013
this episode was just to good to have the match being over really after the first move thats god like!! dat no game no life greatness! this anime lives up to the hype especially after a episode like this i hope it keeps bringing it for the people who only think that this is just another trapped in a game series with alot of ecchi :P clearly if anyone watches this ep it will open you're eyes
Be It 10 or 1000 Men, The End Result Will Be The Same..
May 14, 2014 3:30 PM
Mar 2014
i didnt like the ecchi in this episode it wasnt really called for
May 14, 2014 3:31 PM
Feb 2014
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:
If you're going to pull of the mass, then let me bring it straight back to the start. We can quite notably see they are slowly floating towards the core. If they accelerate towards the core FASTER than the oxygen in the atmosphere does, then there will be a point where they will have no oxygen.

Gravity affects all matter equally, and as such the oxygen would be accelerating at the same rate that they are. They would not, at any point in time, accelerate faster than the oxygen.

Well to be more precise it affects all oxygen for THEM with the same acceleration as themselves not all oxygen in general ;-)

The one that is closer to the core would fall faster than they did as they started falling and the one above them would fall slower.

Well but aren't we now heading a bit too far into physics xD I mean we are only "that" close to have gravity bend time and space XD

EDIT: I really didn't want to delve to deep into it for making it easier to understand :<
May 14, 2014 3:32 PM

Dec 2012
That episode was pretty fun. I like these types of scenarios where characters fight and are constrained by very little aside from the power of their imagination.

However, for all his berating Jibril for failing to respect the unknown, Sora does the exact same thing. He makes some serious assumptions about how heat-resistant she is and really only wins because he was lucky and guessed correctly that she wasn't some superbeing with the capacity to survive the force of the explosion at the end for just long enough to die a fraction of a second after his weak-ass human body.

Of course, it's clear there's a difference between them. She probably could've won if she hadn't toyed with him, whereas seemingly everything he did had a purpose. But then, that's the point the show's trying to make. The point it manages to make unintentionally is that Sora only won because the writer chose for him to win - if Jibril had been the protagonist it would have turned out that she could've withstood even the supernova for just long enough to die last.
May 14, 2014 3:35 PM

Jul 2013
Great episode, loved the materilization shiratori (that hypernova)

and never would have figured i would hear ''an arrow in the knee'' joke in 2014 IN AN ANIME nonetheless.. No game no life rules this season!!
Imagine books and music and movies being filtered and homogenized. Certified. Approved for consumption. People will be happy to give up most of their culture for the assurance that the tiny bit that comes through is safe and clean. White noise.

--Chuck Palahniuk

May 14, 2014 3:36 PM

Jul 2012
New Character: Jibril~! x3
She's cool. :3

OH! MY! GOD! That was the most awesomest and epicest game of shiritori I have ever seen~! In fact...Materialization Shiritori! That's awesome. :3 Anyways...it was pretty confusing at first as to how Sora beat Jibril, but I kind of got it later on. :3 Really awesome episode~! Enjoyable as hell! x3

Umm...oh! LOL! Shiro still wearing Steph's panties on her head. xD
May 14, 2014 3:38 PM

Sep 2012
LOL at all those physics talk. No need to go to such length if you really want to criticize the show on its realism. Nobody would be composed enough to continue playing this game when free falling in the vacuum of space...
May 14, 2014 3:38 PM
Mar 2013
Wow, besides the creepy genital-less fanservice, this episode was amazing! For once, the female characters are likable (Unlike Black Bullet...koffkoff) And Jibril is an amazing character~ I'm enjoying every second of this series, it's definitely worth the hype.
May 14, 2014 3:41 PM
Apr 2013
That game was really cool and it was exciting. Jibril is a pretty cool character. The whole nether regions then no clothes was a fascinating way to avoid censorship lol
May 14, 2014 3:44 PM

Jul 2009
Caleb8980 said:
Uzza said:
Robin6128 said:

Well to be more precise it affects all oxygen for THEM with the same acceleration as themselves not all oxygen in general ;-)

The one that is closer to the core would fall faster than they did as they started falling and the one above them would fall slower.

Well but aren't we now heading a bit too far into physics xD I mean we are only "that" close to have gravity bend time and space XD

EDIT: I really didn't want to delve to deep into it for making it easier to understand :<

Yeah it is also based on the distance, though for the local area around them, the effect is so small that it can safely be ignored.
Besides that though, as they move closer to the core, the oxygen would slowly start getting denser as all the oxygen would be in a smaller area compared to at a higher altitude.
May 14, 2014 3:45 PM
Oct 2012
opondica said:
He makes some serious assumptions about how heat-resistant she is and really only wins because he was lucky and guessed correctly that she wasn't some superbeing with the capacity to survive the force of the explosion at the end for just long enough to die a fraction of a second after his weak-ass human body.

Simple risk/reward. Remember all the siblings were playing for was their tablets and a little bit of their time. While not getting the library would have set their plans back, it wouldn't have been the end of the world.

The assumption was that Jibili couldn't survive the heat of a big bang. At that temperature heat resistance would not have mattered, the instance it would have touched her she would have been dead. The assumption could have been bad if they were up against Tet (i.e. god of all things), but for any living being to assume they couldn't survive having all them atoms collapsed is a really really really save bet.

So little risk, huge reward. In those cases you take the chances.

opondica said:
The point it manages to make unintentionally is that Sora only won because the writer chose for him to win - if Jibril had been the protagonist it would have turned out that she could've withstood even the supernova for just long enough to die last.

You got that backwards. Doing something normal is "not the writer choosing him". Doing something abnormal is when the author chooses.
May 14, 2014 3:47 PM
Dec 2012
1. Didn't one guy recently jumped down to Earth from the edge of the space? If I remember what I heard it took him several minutes to reach troposphere. That answered why didn't they end up in the core.

2. The vacuum was made with Blank's pre-final word and they exhaled their lungs while doing so. This means that only a few seconds of vacuum exposure for the two.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Cheesekao - Jun 25, 2014

1022 by NoFaceCastle »»
May 3, 11:14 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 16, 2014

510 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 10:10 PM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2014

623 by hsallrounder »»
Apr 28, 5:41 AM

» No Game No Life’s Original Creator Pleads For A Second Season Of The Anime ( 1 2 )

deg - Apr 10

58 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 24, 8:33 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2014

476 by FarCritical »»
Apr 22, 2:47 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.