Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sailor Moon Eternal Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 20, 2009 9:05 AM
Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, in the end, it looks like Haruka and Michiru are those who own talismans...

Jan 21, 2012 3:34 AM

Jun 2010
Some more daring cinematography here as well as the only good romance in any Sailor Moon series up to this point.

I have yet to see the director's later series Revolutionary Girl Utena, but from what I know of it this episode feels like a precursor to it in style. For instance, the melodramatic surrealism; Uranus and Neptune suddenly have a helicopter with which they fly to an inexplicable half-finished, totally deserted cathedral (the architectural details of which are fanciful; a butterfly stained glass?) in the middle of the ocean.
Mar 12, 2013 12:22 AM

May 2010
You're right, Fronzel, this is certainly a precursor to Revolutionary Girl Utena. As a matter of fact, this whole season is. But especially this episode.

And here is where his strength comes through; emotional power via surrealism. Even though he tempered the impact with excessive humor, you can still see the power behind scenes with the archers at the side shooting down any who dare pass. The combination of desperation and doom. Delicious melodrama.

But, yeah, honestly, I would have preferred it if only Michiru had the talisman. To have Haruka agonize over whether to sacrifice the person she cares about most in order to save the world, that could have been absolutely tragic and beautiful. Instead, Haruka had one too and simply ended up going unconscious. Wasted opportunity IMO.
“Money can't buy dere”
Dec 25, 2013 10:53 AM

Sep 2013
Fronzel said:
Some more daring cinematography here as well as the only good romance in any Sailor Moon series up to this point.

I have yet to see the director's later series Revolutionary Girl Utena, but from what I know of it this episode feels like a precursor to it in style. For instance, the melodramatic surrealism; Uranus and Neptune suddenly have a helicopter with which they fly to an inexplicable half-finished, totally deserted cathedral (the architectural details of which are fanciful; a butterfly stained glass?) in the middle of the ocean.

even the humour in this episode reminded me of revolutionary girl utena actually... I laughed when eludia stopped the boombox after she was done playing the organ. it's just something you would see in revolutionary girl utena XD

good point though, got those vibes...
so haruka and michiru are like the romeo and juliet of the sailor soldiers right now? :( that episode was really sad
Feb 11, 2014 7:34 AM
Mar 2013
mika_chu said:

even the humour in this episode reminded me of revolutionary girl utena actually... I laughed when eludia stopped the boombox after she was done playing the organ. it's just something you would see in revolutionary girl utena X

And that is just one reason why Eudial is just one of favorite villains in the entire series ^_^

Even when I first watched this series, it was pretty obvious to me that Uranus and Neptune were the ones with the real pure hearts. Still, doesn't change the fact that this episode was really well done. The drama was just right in this episode.

Too much drama would've made the viewers cringe, and too little drama would've failed to make an impact on the viewer.
not to much to make us cringe, and not to little to
Apr 30, 2014 12:35 AM

Jul 2008
And now all is revealed. Anyone notice the new opening? Jupiter is back...and now it seems real obvious where the last talisman is.

Things got real serious real quick.
Mar 8, 2017 12:52 AM
Aug 2016
I'm just wondering why Michiru's heart didn't change into a talisman the first time they went after her?
Jun 28, 2017 11:43 PM
Jul 2013
i thought pluto wasn't allowed to leave her station? kind of made it obvious who possessed the third talisman.
Jul 15, 2017 8:24 PM
Nov 2015
THIS IS, LITERALLY, THE GREATEST EPISODE EVER!!!!! BOTH IN STYLE, AND IN STORY!!

I don't know what to say, don't know what to say!

I only thing I regret is watching it during morning.
Jul 15, 2017 8:48 PM
Nov 2015
Love Eugeal soo soo soo much. Super competent. And plays organ (oops)

Love how she played the table soccer. The long dark hallway with red doors makes me so so nostalgic for Nemuro Hall.
Jul 15, 2017 8:51 PM
Nov 2015
By the way this is not only similar to Utena but also Onii-sama e, and Dezaki is of course a huge Ikuhara's influence.
The fish scene, the column of light shining through a butterfly stained glass.
Sep 8, 2017 5:52 AM

Mar 2016
Well, this explains why they don't exist in the future...
Feb 8, 2018 5:00 PM
Aug 2014
Haruka and Michiru aren't very bright are they taking the medallion from a possible ally then fly into a trap on an mechanical island with a helicopter (?!). Sailor Moon and the gang saved the world more often than you two did you know.

Odds on Sailor Moon being this Messiah character are pretty high I'd say.

Doubly glad that they finally found some talismans, as the show is already over halfway and them not finding anything was getting tedious a few episode ago, and they were in Haruka and Michiru so hopefully we'll see less of them. Would have been better if it had been in only one of them though.
Sep 27, 2018 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
This episode was SO GOOD. The visual direction was great in the emotional scenes, and I loved how the relationship between Uranus and Neptune was shown.

They're my favorite characters, so it was VERY hard to watch them die like that though. The impact would have been even greater if the episode hadn't spoiled it though
Oct 28, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2017
Wow, they did a really great job setting a somber and serious mood with this episode. Somehow I doubt we've seen the last of Haruka and Michiru, especially since the title was posed as a question. So Sailor Moon is the messiah? That makes sense I guess, but I hoped they would go with a less obvious choice. I have to wonder why they made Michiru's death so "clean" - being pierced by hundreds of bullets/arrows should at least cause a little bit of bleeding. But I guess that would have been too gruesome, at least considering she's one of the "good guys". Anyway, great episode! I love it!
Aug 27, 2020 8:29 AM

Dec 2019
This was definitely the best episode of the season so far. Simply amazing. I'm glad I watched a good portion of Utena before seeing this episode, I feel it enhances it.
Jan 21, 2021 11:34 AM

Nov 2016
Style, atmoshere and drama were heaved to the next level, really impressive episode that also gave me a good lol when Eugeal stopped "playing" the Organ. The fact that the relationship between Uranus and Neptun is so engaging was of course also essential.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 22, 2022 11:35 AM

Mar 2020
Oh shit Pluto's back - and Neptune and Uranus gone?

Haruka and Michiru really do feel like a more loving couple than Usagi and Mamoru - probably because of the lack of a terrible breakup arc where they make one look like a comically stupid asshole

S really is a more mature season than the previous 2 with a darker tone and a murkier sense of morality stemming from Neptune and Uranus' dilemma

Very stylish episode too
EpiccgaymerAug 22, 2022 11:43 AM

Sep 16, 2023 4:13 PM

Feb 2020
how poetic.

They really do have pure hearts though, willing to give themselves for their talismans to be used, fantastic episode.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 13 Discussion

Kleferi - Sep 20, 2009

30 by Yes_that »»
Mar 24, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 3 Discussion

Bwaffles - Feb 16, 2009

35 by Yes_that »»
Feb 20, 6:05 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 37 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

23 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 12:16 PM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 36 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

25 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 11:23 AM

Poll: » Sailor Moon S Episode 35 Discussion

ChrisNP - Oct 1, 2011

19 by MFDOOMED »»
Dec 28, 2023 9:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.