Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Irregular at Magic High School (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 10, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, action picked up this episode. Not surprised that Miyuki would praise her brother again. So many oniisamas!

Well, we get Mibu vs. Erika too. I thought that was actually kinda neat but the episode felt rushed. GG MIBU. Those tears though. I think next arc is beginning soon with the Nine Schools Competition.
Stark700May 10, 2014 9:07 AM
May 10, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2007
Fighting back time. To support things that is superior even if one is not superior.

Misunderstanding from what Inoue-san's character said?! Though it gave her time to improve her skill.

To the terrorist's place. Sugita-san's character is also going because he cares about the kendo girl.

First arc ending next ep.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 10, 2014 8:58 AM
Oct 2012
Stark700 said:
Well, action picked up this episode. Not surprised that Mahouka would praise her brother again. So many oniisamas!

Ah, need to watch this later

Yea, another 300 posts about how annoying Miyuki is, and once again the detractors really can't be blamed. You would think that Madhouse would be as tired with it as I am, but I guess not. As for Madhouse screwing up the adaptation of future episodes, what previously has given us any confidence that it won't continue to be a steady stream of "oniisamas" from now until the end of summer.
May 10, 2014 10:00 AM
Oct 2013
O snap its sat already damn time flying by with my grand parents over =X Waiting till they leave for the airport to watch this XD I guess the arc isn't over itll ep 7 =X
May 10, 2014 10:27 AM

Apr 2013
Best episode so far imo
this arc will end next episode and overall it was below average in terms of story at least the action was great

I hope the next arc will be adapted better. I really enjoyed it in the LN
May 10, 2014 11:26 AM

Apr 2012
Am I missing something? I thought this episode was disappointing considering the build-up in the last one..

Whoever told me to continue with this series just trolled me
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
May 10, 2014 11:50 AM

Jul 2010
The terrorist lost and they are going to their headquarters...
The sword fight was pretty good, a bit surprised to see that Erika is related to the top ten families.
Mibu's misunderstanding, glad it was just that. So Mibu has admirers especially the guy going to fight!
May 10, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2011
I thought the arc would end this episode, I guess one more to go.

Totally loved Erika vs Mibu... although it was pretty short.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2014 11:58 AM

Aug 2010
Pain_is_love said:
Am I missing something? I thought this episode was disappointing considering the build-up in the last one..

Whoever told me to continue with this series just trolled me

No one ever said the first arc was good. It all starts getting better from the 2nd half of the 2nd arc, so probably around ep10. If u want to drop then go ahead <_<
May 10, 2014 11:58 AM
Jan 2014
Ouch, never point a gun towards Tatsuya when Miyuki is around otherwise you will get frostbitten.
So Juumonji is going full-out, not surprised.
I knew that "car" he was talking about was a Humvee.
May 10, 2014 12:01 PM

Mar 2013
They even manage to make a action episode pretty dull.

May 10, 2014 12:09 PM

Dec 2010
Mediocre episode. You can already tell Mibu's just a throwaway character but they're spending so much time on her bland-ass personality. Bleh.
May 10, 2014 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
I highly suggest reading the manga for this one. They're packing so much stuff into these episodes and skipping over a lot of interesting information. Good episode though.
May 10, 2014 12:22 PM

Apr 2014
My gosh. We get to see the characters go into action. The fighting and the next episode. I am so excited for it. :D
May 10, 2014 12:23 PM
Nov 2013
All over a misunderstanding between Mibu and Mari huh?
I honestly really liked this episode. The sword fight between Erika and Mibu is great, and it left me excited for the next episode. I understand that overhyped series are too overhyped, but shut the fuck up. No one really cares about your 'expectations'.

And for light novel readers, are they adapting this pretty well or no?
May 10, 2014 12:32 PM

May 2013
Loved the action in this episode. Chiba just owned her lol. So I guess this arc is over. Can't wait for the next arc.
May 10, 2014 12:33 PM

Jul 2013
rev0lt said:

The adaptation so far is okay. They've cut out a loads of explanations about magic and whatnot. Tatsuya monologues and everyone's character development has been cut down quite a bit. I'd recommend to anyone to just read the manga which covers this arc. Just to see for yourself how much has been cut out.

Was a pretty good episode overall, could have been better. Just one more episode left for this arc.
May 10, 2014 12:34 PM
Oct 2013
more or less, haha.
Many key character development details have been cut out, that's why people keep on hating Miyuki LOL. But at least, all the important plot points are kept intact
May 10, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
rev0lt said:

Madhouse is doing a pretty good job so far. But they are cutting out quite a bit of content. But I'll be honest if they tried to adapt everything from the novel, this arc would've been noticeably longer.

One thing that a lot of LN readers are upset about (myself included) is that they cut out practically all of Tatsuya's inner monologue from the novel. It is a lot of monologue to some extent, but it really helps develop his character (the anime makes him seem more bland) and the world of Mahouka (because he provides explanations for a lot of things happening) throughout the novel. They are basically covering all of the plot points, but the character development is not a good as the novel.

In my opinion, Madhouse is doing a good job overall, but the novel is still better. I'd recommend it to everyone, its pretty wordy, but once you get used to it it is a very enjoyable read. If you want to just stick to the anime, it isn't a bad choice at all :)
May 10, 2014 12:47 PM

Mar 2012
The one problem with series like these where the main character and his party belongs to a "lesser caste" (Baka Test is of a similar ilk) is that the main character and his party are inevitably special cases. Erika and Leo obviously come from notable backgrounds and their combat abilities are top-notch. Mizuki has the ability to capture special frequencies, which will definitely come in handy later. So in the course of this series we'll see that they, along with Tatsuya, don't deserve to be weeds in the first place. Which kind of kills the premise of this series. But this is just me nitpicking. It's been well done so far by Madhouse, though as some LN readers can tell a lot of content has already been cut. Looking forward to next week.
May 10, 2014 12:50 PM

Apr 2014
best episode so far, I wasnt falling asleep which is a new thing for me watching Mahouka but the reasoning seems kinda retarded... so the kendo girl joins/helps terrorists because she missunderstood one fucking sentence. seriously ? :D
and venting of anger is a good enough reason to risk manhood on ? what the fuck

not sure if I misunderstood something or it doesnt make much sense
May 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Jul 2013
Thorden said:
so the kendo girl joins/helps terrorists because she missunderstood one fucking sentence. seriously ?

It wasn't because she misunderstood. There is a reason, you'll find out next episode why.
May 10, 2014 12:53 PM

Mar 2012
I though they would finish this arc this episode. Well we would see extermination next episode without being too rushed so I'm not going to complain much. I'll wait for Masaki in episode 8.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 10, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2013
Really liked this episode, love the character development so far.
My Candies:
May 10, 2014 1:04 PM

Aug 2010
Good episode :D Animation during action scenes was pretty great.

Loved seeing the Leo and Erika kicking ass ^^ Loved Leo's Panzer and Erika's Kenjutsu skills esp against Mibu. Both were BAs!!

Tatsuya and Miyuki totally awesome! Tatsuya's Elemental sight was nice hehe so was how he jumped of the wall to go to the 2nd floor, also kicking ass while having his eyes closed. And Miyuki freezing that guys hand. Ouch! Boss too BA :D

Dat Naked MiyukixTatsuya scene :3

Kirihara admitting he was just a tsundere XD

Can't wait to see Tatsuya kicking ass and Juumonji's reaction to it ^^
May 10, 2014 1:10 PM

Jul 2013
Don't mess with Shiba-kun, otherwise...

Tho OST is just awesome
May 10, 2014 1:12 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
zannet_t said:
The one problem with series like these where the main character and his party belongs to a "lesser caste" (Baka Test is of a similar ilk) is that the main character and his party are inevitably special cases. Erika and Leo obviously come from notable backgrounds and their combat abilities are top-notch. Mizuki has the ability to capture special frequencies, which will definitely come in handy later. So in the course of this series we'll see that they, along with Tatsuya, don't deserve to be weeds in the first place. Which kind of kills the premise of this series. But this is just me nitpicking. It's been well done so far by Madhouse, though as some LN readers can tell a lot of content has already been cut. Looking forward to next week.

I suggest you not thinking about this discrimination part too much. The whole thing is a ploy from a certain country. However, it's pretty much funny they dismissed the whole idea of discrimination by essentially shifting the blame to foreign influences.

About the discrimination part, the MC has been abused in the past but his skills are irreplaceable.
wakka9caMay 10, 2014 1:18 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 10, 2014 1:17 PM

Dec 2013
Miba all over Tatsuya, pretty solid episode and the ending is kinda growing on me
May 10, 2014 1:29 PM
Apr 2013
Can someone explain to me how exactly they calculate magic skills in this school? Leo can create a near indestructible fortification spell and the red head can move at speeds which are the fastest since hers are even better then the disciplinary. This means that they have exceptional magic strength. Does this school really only calculate magic skills from a speed perspective?
May 10, 2014 1:30 PM

Nov 2012
Love this anime! A lot of emotion in this episode and the way the characters act is very realistic. Believe it or not there have been riots that started over simple misunderstandings such as the one shown in this episode.
May 10, 2014 1:31 PM
Apr 2013
And not to mention she didn't merely misunderstand the words, she completely heard something else. It wasn't like she heard this second hand, it was told right in her face. That is just silly. But hopefully these next so-called amazing arcs are actually good
May 10, 2014 1:32 PM
Jan 2011
I kinda resent Tatsuya's sense of logic where equality has no place, frankly he would be someone whom I would wish to be the bad guy in this anime.
May 10, 2014 1:33 PM

Aug 2013
''I want to come to let out my frustration!''
Hey club dude, just say it already that you love ponytails. We all love Nanami ponytails.

But seriously, she misunderstood what Watanabe said? She integrated a terrorist group and fomented a conspiracy only because Mari badly synthaxed her phrase? Well, that's some bad writting right here xD

Anyway, Erika is pretty badass, cutting that truncheon without even a sharp blade :O

Those terrorist were really bad? Why were they so poorly armed if they had a bazooka at the end of the last episode? Did they spend all their budget on the bazooka?!? xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 10, 2014 1:34 PM

Jul 2013
Aichiro said:
Love this anime! A lot of emotion in this episode and it's very realistic. Belive it or not there have been riots that started over simple misunderstandings such as the one shown in this episode.
ponygon123 said:
And not to mention she didn't merely misunderstand the words, she completely heard something else. It wasn't like she heard this second hand, it was told right in her face. That is just silly. But hopefully these next so-called amazing arcs are actually good

It wasn't because she misunderstood. There is a reason for it which you'll find out next episode.
May 10, 2014 1:37 PM
Apr 2013
Ophis said:
Aichiro said:
Love this anime! A lot of emotion in this episode and it's very realistic. Belive it or not there have been riots that started over simple misunderstandings such as the one shown in this episode.
ponygon123 said:

It wasn't because she misunderstood. There is a reason for it which you'll find out next episode.

Is it like Memory manipulation or something? I guess that would be reasonable but as of now that explanation is near laughable.
May 10, 2014 1:38 PM
Mar 2014
this anime confuses me. i like it though. where is the chairman going?
May 10, 2014 1:42 PM
Nov 2013
Pshhh... Like they can keep the police from getting involved. I don't like where this episode is taking them.
May 10, 2014 1:51 PM

Mar 2012
Canthui said:
Pshhh... Like they can keep the police from getting involved. I don't like where this episode is taking them.
Unfortunatly yes they can. Here magic clan have higher authority than police.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
May 10, 2014 1:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
The terrorists are in big trouble. Tatsuya "Norris" is coming after them for messing with the place him and his darling imouto live in and he's arriving in a big Hummer with backup. Not good for them.

I'm surprised that Miyuki showed that much self restraint and didn't freeze the entire planet when Miba used her onii-sama's chiseled torso to cry on.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 10, 2014 1:57 PM

Jan 2012
Lol that Kirihara was just kind of bullying the girl he liked?
May 10, 2014 1:57 PM

Dec 2013
I'd like to see Tatsuya blow up the their hideout :)
May 10, 2014 2:05 PM

May 2013
Fights are IMHO crucial part of anime series like this. And these in Mahouka are pissing me off a bit. They are very quick, are mostly resolved with sheer skill and almost always end in stomp. It's not exciting at all. I far more enjoyed Toaru Majutsu no Index battles, which were usually about outsmarting enemy.

Well... it's not like Tatsuya need to outthink anyone.
No wonder, dragon with no head must be retarded.
May 10, 2014 2:07 PM
Apr 2013
jakkubus said:
Fights are IMHO crucial part of anime series like this. And these in Mahouka are pissing me off a bit. They are very quick, are mostly resolved with sheer skill and almost always end in stomp. It's not exciting at all. I far more enjoyed Toaru Majutsu no Index battles, which were usually about outsmarting enemy.

Well... it's not like Tatsuya need to outthink anyone.

I agree, the fights in this anime are never tense. Not one good battle so far and we are 6 episodes in
May 10, 2014 2:14 PM
Apr 2014
if anyone expect a opponent that tatsuya struggle against it will be "suzaku" (masaki) oh and the others wont appear in the anime this only goes for tatsuya and miyuki though. so u can just drop it if u dont like it this way
May 10, 2014 2:14 PM

Nov 2012
Ophis said:
Aichiro said:
ponygon123 said:

Why the spoiler man from you saying that I can already guess what you're talking about.

But technically it's still a misunderstanding weather it was on purpose or accident doesn't change that fact.
May 10, 2014 2:18 PM

Nov 2011
im loving all the cast members in this anime
Hate Keeps me warm
May 10, 2014 2:18 PM

Apr 2013
Best episode of the show by far... although that's not saying much at all. Overall it was still not a superb episode and I'm still wishy washy on this adaption. The episode was ok just because there wasn't 15 minutes of explanations. I agree with others that the MCs just kicked everyone's ass way too easily. Hopefully, there will actually be some type of resistance in the next episode. And where is my fanservice?!?!
dankzelMay 10, 2014 7:11 PM
May 10, 2014 2:19 PM
Apr 2014
Thorden said:
venting of anger is a good enough reason to risk manhood on ? what the fuck

not sure if I misunderstood something or it doesnt make much sense

Venting of anger is just another excuse. The reason is much deeper than that. And Juumonji knows it.

It should be clear more or less.
SlowCastMay 10, 2014 2:26 PM
May 10, 2014 2:21 PM

Apr 2013
I was enjoying the episode until half way in, but when the whole misunderstanding ordeal started, I was just cringing. I've rarely seen such a poor attempt at melodrama, was that supposed to be emotional or something? If someone asked me what bad writing is, I'd show him that scene.

Well, at least the action scenes are well animated...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
May 10, 2014 2:23 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, the fights! And Erika in action, wohoo!
I wished they were longer though, especially Erika vs Sayaka.

Tatsuya practically did nothing for this one (aside from the one when he scoped out the enemies), let others did the dirty works XD

A glimpse of Miyuki's ability here, we would see more in the next arc.

As I expected in the other thread, Enrollment will have 7 episodes. Next episode would be
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 30, 2014

248 by Fortunekeks »»
May 15, 6:20 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2014

248 by otakuweek »»
May 13, 6:42 PM

» Sooo is there incest in this anime ? (may contain spoilers )

Zyro_Plaze - Apr 26

33 by Champiggy »»
May 3, 8:12 AM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2014

457 by ExSant0 »»
Apr 19, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 3, 2014

308 by taifd77 »»
Apr 6, 8:00 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.