Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Finally Dark Blue Moon.
Oh, Joseph in sailor suit <3

Also, runaway girl spotted.
Jotaro being badass as always.

Jotaro's trick for the captain.
Really I loved the humour in the manga, but voice acted is indeed far better.

Oh how much I've waited to hear those lines from Jotaro.
Awesome episode as always, also loved the OST this time.
May 9, 2014 8:51 AM

Apr 2009
Punching a fucking shark, this is why Star Platinum is one of the coolest Stands. We are also introduced to the runaway girl, maybe she will actually be named in this adaption?
The fight against Dark Blue Moon itself was nicely animated as well, I enjoyed the color scheme of the Stand as well as the fluid animation. I think the underwater part was a bit different than in the manga though, another small retcon/change?
In any case, Dark Blue Moon looks really happy and moe when it attacks.

Next time:
NidhoeggrMay 9, 2014 8:58 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
May 9, 2014 8:55 AM

Nov 2011
That was awesome. The imposter captain was badass as I had thought.

DARK BLUE MOON. I also liked the way the music was coordinated to match the scenes. The action was great too imo. ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA. I also thought the fight underwater was well done :p
May 9, 2014 9:02 AM

Jul 2011
Man, the threads are created at light speed here.

I don't remember Dark Blue Moon looking so cool design wise, that was awesome. Yet again they turned an otherwise forgettable skirmish into a fantastic episode I already feel like watching again. Every week it looks more and more like they have no intent to skip anything.

Censored cigarettes. I fear for the final episodes, at this rate the final fights are going to be black screens with people talking until we get the BDs.
May 9, 2014 9:03 AM

Apr 2009
Just looked up some forums and yes, "Runaway Girl" - or rather, Anne - has a name now! :-)
May 9, 2014 9:13 AM

Sep 2011
Music seems to surprise me all the time with this series. Nicely packed action scenes as always, thanks JoJo<3. Why censor the cigs? The hell.
May 9, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2009
Tyrel said:
Music seems to surprise me all the time with this series. Nicely packed action scenes as always, thanks JoJo<3. Why censor the cigs? The hell.

Japan is a lot more strict with its tobacco and drug laws than some Western countries.
NidhoeggrMay 9, 2014 9:33 AM
May 9, 2014 9:34 AM

Sep 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Tyrel said:

Japan is a lot more strict with its tobacco and drug laws than some Western countries.

Eh, that's true. But I see it a lot in other anime and it doesn't happen. Maybe it's based on what channel the studio airs the show.
May 9, 2014 9:36 AM

Jul 2011
Nidhoeggr said:
Japan's is a lot more strict with its tobacco and drug laws than some Western countries.

Actually they are less strict than Western countries in general with smoking (but getting stricter) and have one of the highest rates of smoking in the world, which makes the censorship that much stranger. Also it's funny how it's not even really censored and you can easily tell what he's doing, they just made it black and you can see the smoke.
May 9, 2014 9:41 AM
Dec 2013
Tyrel said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Tyrel said:

Eh, that's true. But I see it a lot in other anime and it doesn't happen. Maybe it's based on what channel the studio airs the show.

He’s still under age.
May 9, 2014 9:45 AM

Apr 2009
Kellhus said:
Nidhoeggr said:
Japan's is a lot more strict with its tobacco and drug laws than some Western countries.

Actually they are less strict than Western countries in general with smoking (but getting stricter) and have one of the highest rates of smoking in the world, which makes the censorship that much stranger. Also it's funny how it's not even really censored and you can easily tell what he's doing, they just made it black and you can see the smoke.

But does the same apply to underage people smoking? That's entirely different from smoking in general, just look at all the other "adults" smoking - Sanji and Smoker from One Piece as well as many others comes to mind.
And yes, it is - like with most of these lazily-added-for-TV censors - really obvious. But whatever they need to do to get it airing on cable...
In any case, this shouldn't be about smoking censorship but about episode 6.

And now that we know Ann(e)'s name it's time to play everyone's favourite Jojo game: Guess the music references! That is, if Araki has canonized DP's name...
May 9, 2014 9:52 AM

Aug 2008
Is runaway girl Kugimiya Rie? It's not listed on here.
May 9, 2014 9:58 AM

Jul 2011
Racaholic said:

Yup.

http://i.imgur.com/qYD9yGJ.png (first name)
May 9, 2014 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
That Dark Blue Moon fight was pretty minor, but cool nonetheless.

Nidhoeggr said:
But does the same apply to underage people smoking? That's entirely different from smoking in general, just look at all the other "adults" smoking - Sanji and Smoker from One Piece as well as many others comes to mind.
And yes, it is - like with most of these lazily-added-for-TV censors - really obvious. But whatever they need to do to get it airing on cable...

Kind of a shame though. Just seeing that black blob felt really out of place. They also censored the shark after it got ripped to shreds from Dark Blue Moon. Cigarettes are understandable, but I'm not sure how strict animal censorship are in Japan.
May 9, 2014 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
The best thing from this season is the humor xD I thought that It couldn't get better than young Joseph, but I guess I was wrong.
May 9, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2009
Kellhus said:
Racaholic said:

Yup.

http://i.imgur.com/qYD9yGJ.png (first name)

Wow, that's quite a suprise! I really like her non-typecast roles and her range is pretty impressive. I didn't even recognize her, it happens a lot when she is not in "Baka!" mod.

ihusmal1234 said:

Kind of a shame though. Just seeing that black blob felt really out of place. They also censored the shark after it got ripped to shreds from Dark Blue Moon. Cigarettes are understandable, but I'm not sure how strict animal censorship are in Japan.

I am worried about some later fights then.

Then again, both the removal of animal abuse and the Nazi symbols are kinda understandable as just toning them down a bit is just making sure to be on the safe side.
May 9, 2014 10:23 AM

Aug 2010
Great ep ^^

So Joseph has bad luck not only in planes but also ships now? XD
Loved his sailor shirt hehe

Actually liking Anne quite a lot. She's cute and not annoying ^^ Lol'd at Jotaro caressing her chest XD

Lol'd at how Jotaro found out he was the stand user with a troll XD Also the tobacco censoring XDXD

How Jotaro told Avdol to say some words after he punched the guy off the ship was lol and Polnareff continuing his sentence XD

The fight was pretty great! Jotaro keeping his swag while under water like a BOSS! And using Star to talk XD

The best quote was "I was thinking it would be disgusting if u piss urself while I'm in the water" XDXDXD

Dat Big ass ship O_O

Loved the OST a lot :)
May 9, 2014 10:29 AM

Feb 2012
When I was reading the manga I wondered if the runaway girl is possibly Joylne's mother. She's kinda special in a way she's the only girl that doesn't swoon over Jotaro, and she's a little feisty herself. I haven't read any theories about the topic already so forgive me if its been done to death already.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2014 10:48 AM

Oct 2012
May 9, 2014 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
You might want to spoiler that..
May 9, 2014 11:18 AM

Jul 2011
Vanilla Ice fight leaked
May 9, 2014 11:31 AM

Mar 2014
Okay, they made DBM's fight really cool and actually entertaining.

Sweet corpse parts, the OST is superb. From the little we've been exposed to, I think I prefer it more than the first season's. The music for the whole underwater fight, wow.

And lol at Avdol and Polnareff coordinating for the "You're ten years too early" line.
May 9, 2014 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
Kellhus said:
Vanilla Ice fight leaked

If you look closely toward half of the video you can spot
too.

DylDawg said:
And lol at Avdol and Polnareff coordinating for the "You're ten years too early" line.

I lol'd hard at that.
May 9, 2014 11:38 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
At first I thought a mysterious black spirit was surrounding Jotaro's face, but no, it seems like it was tobacco censoring. Facepalm. Seeing a shark blown to bits or a minor groped is fine, but showing a cigarrete...no.

At this rate they're never getting to Egypt, lol. And that's a big ass ship that found them.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 9, 2014 11:40 AM

Sep 2013
Jotaro coming to save the girl was pretty awesome <3
Those barnacles were so gross ~~~ Tentacles are much cooler.
May 9, 2014 11:43 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, the best part of the episode was Avdol and Polnareff's line, followed by the frenchman smiling like he was pleased with himself.

Not one of my favorite fights but it was done pretty well. Why didn't Jotaro "Ora, Ora" the bastard, though?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2014 12:07 PM

May 2013
Good episode. Can't believe they would censor Jotaro smoking a cigarette. That underwater fight was good.
May 9, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
insan3Spectre said:
Not one of my favorite fights but it was done pretty well. Why didn't Jotaro "Ora, Ora" the bastard, though?

You mean the captain? He Ora Ora'd his stand at least. Also, he used Star Finger because as he stated he didn't want the guy to piss himself in the water, which would have been gross.
May 9, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2009
Ah, hell he did "Ora, Ora" the stand at the halfway mark. My bad.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 9, 2014 12:17 PM

Jul 2010
YARE YARE DAZE.Another great episode - some of their lines are simply too manly for one to handle.

babymilo91 said:
Good episode. Can't believe they would censor Jotaro smoking a cigarette. That underwater fight was good.
Indeed, that censor was ridiculous.Soon they will start censoring drinking sake/beer in every anime.What the hell happened to old times, when even most of gore was uncensored and noone cared.
incompleteAEGISMay 9, 2014 2:37 PM
May 9, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2010
Holy shiet, they actually make one of the most boring fights in the manga really enjoyable O_ . That OST, that graphics, that everything... I can't even imagine what really good fights will be like.

Humour is top notch. Aaaand... Annie! Or a Runaway Girl, if you prefer it that way. In the manga she was rather forgettable, but animation and voice acting gave her really nice personality, I like her a lot more than in original.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 9, 2014 12:40 PM

Aug 2007
Great episode. Oh man I can't get enough of this. I was surprised on how good this look. The whole Dark Moon, Star Platinum doing his attack. They really pulling out all the stops. I'm excited for the next episode alreaady.

Sent with Mal Updater
May 9, 2014 1:17 PM

Feb 2013
May 9, 2014 1:53 PM
Sep 2013
*Star Platinum beats up a shark.*

May 9, 2014 2:01 PM

Aug 2008
Absent0 said:
*Star Platinum beats up a shark.*

Kinda pissed at how Davidpro edited that scene, I was expecting my ":D" face Jotaro.
May 9, 2014 2:09 PM

Sep 2013
pretty cool fight, I wonder how far the anime will get compared to the manga if we keep going at this pace.

wow, i can't believe they censored Jotaro smoking.
May 9, 2014 2:17 PM

Jul 2011
Anybody said:
Kinda pissed at how Davidpro edited that scene, I was expecting my ":D" face Jotaro.

Do you mean something other than this? Was pretty much the same thing as the manga.

http://i.imgur.com/3AwG53i.jpg
May 9, 2014 2:36 PM

Feb 2013
From what i remember, there's a law that you can't show underage people drinking / smoking. Remember, Jotaro is 17 years old.

Somtimes i forget this.
May 9, 2014 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Censoring even smoking of cigarette? Come on.
Despite that,another great episode.
May 9, 2014 2:58 PM

Nov 2011
asume5 said:
pretty cool fight, I wonder how far the anime will get compared to the manga if we keep going at this pace.

wow, i can't believe they censored Jotaro smoking.

DejWoSWK said:
Censoring even smoking of cigarette? Come on.
Despite that,another great episode.

Like other people said, it's because he's underage. Also, asume5, Im not sure what you mean. It will go to the end... Why would it end anywhere else?
May 9, 2014 3:01 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Liked the way Jotaro figured out the Stand user. Neatly trolled.
Jotaro asking Avdol to say something and Polnareff continuing the sentence after him was hilarious!

Dark Blue Moon was quite a formidable Stand.. Too bad, he turned into sashimi after all. XD
-- "If you pissed yourself when you lost, it'd be gross since we're in the water, old man."
Jotaro is such a boss.

Damn, that's some huge ship!

Good episode. Looks like we'll see Dio again next week.

May 9, 2014 3:22 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty awesome episode but I dont understand why they can't just get a private plane. Just seems like they're padding out the anime.
May 9, 2014 3:40 PM

Nov 2012
LMAO I take it back, that little girl is the most bad ass character of 2014! But talk about epic this episode was awesome. Episodes 2-5 was starting to put me to sleep then epicness and the bizarre happens all in 1 episode.
May 9, 2014 4:03 PM

Jul 2013
Will Joseph win a fight or do something bad ass in Stardust?
May 9, 2014 4:18 PM

Jul 2011
Fadeout4 said:
Like other people said, it's because he's underage.

Underage to smoke, but not underage to brutally murder people, shotgun beer in prison, or fondle minors. Seems legit.

Not that I mean to single you out or drone on about it, but I'm not sure that's the reason for the censorship. It seems trivial to fuss over but if you think about it there is actually quite a bit of smoking in this part for some reason and some of it even being plot based, so I'm not looking forward to those scenes being covered in shadows.
KellhusMay 9, 2014 4:32 PM
May 9, 2014 4:22 PM

Mar 2014
Man, that cigarette censorship was a bit peculiar.

Anyway, this episode was great! Definitely better than last week's.
::End of Transmission::

May 9, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2010
Guilek said:

May 9, 2014 4:33 PM

Nov 2011
Guilek said:

Yes, but not for a bit.

Kellhus said:
Fadeout4 said:
Like other people said, it's because he's underage.

Underage to smoke, but not underage to brutally murder people, shotgun beer in prison, or fondle minors. Seems legit..

LOL Good point, especially about the beer xD
May 9, 2014 5:02 PM

Feb 2014
So what is underage for japanese ?
As far as I know from Initial D it is under 21 years.
I remember tones of animes where they didnt censor teens smoking cigarettes like OP.
Lol and considering we might get little girl fanservice in the next ep this is a minor problem
May 9, 2014 5:09 PM

Aug 2013
The censorship on Jotaro smoking was so weird. But I can understand why. Damn, I'll really have to watch that season again on BD...

That new kid look so much the kid Joseph saved in Battle Tendancy xD
Also, she seem ''older'' that she looked like at first. I wonder if she's still a stand user, she wouldn't have reacted with JoJo trick. By the way, it was fucking hilarious how he trapped that dumbass ''captain'' :P

Jotaro is so badass that he can even talk in the water.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 16, 2014

218 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Today, 12:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Akanezora - May 23, 2014

154 by titty »»
May 9, 8:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 2, 2014

175 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2014

161 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 9, 12:26 AM

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2014

232 by JohnZ_GGs »»
May 8, 11:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.